Katherine Fairburne
a table for two [c]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 11:46:34 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
I want you to know
I'm a mirrorball I'll show you every version of yourself
tonight ❥
[attr="class","katherine"]
The drive to the pizza restaurant is a short one, and fortunately for both Lance and Katherine, the cab driver doesn't attempt to strike up a meaningless conversation with them.

When they arrive, the hostess greets them with a rehearsed smile and guides them to a table, leaving a pair of menus for them to check out.

Katherine only spares a glance or two at it in search of a drink that'll go well with a Margherita pizza. "So, how's work in Slateport treating you?" Her eyes lift from the menu to meet with Lance's, "I know the city is a lot more boring without me, but still. It isn't too bad, is it?"

template by rem of WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.katherine b]color: #a552bb[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
a table for two [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 7:36:53 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"boring." the answer comes quick, natural, as his gaze flicks up to meet hers. "you left right after i got there. you avoiding me, kat?"

a chuckle follows, exposing the jest in his words. "i can't decide if gym leader suits you." he hums, unsure. she's more than capable but maybe he just wasn't expecting it. still, the smile he offers is genuine. "congratulations, by the way."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a table for two [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 16:17:31 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"Huh?"

She tried to feign innocence but the smirk gives her away. "Avoiding you? Me? Never." Her eyes roll, but she uses the menu to hide her stare for a couple of seconds, "To be fair, I wasn't expecting this either. I would have told you if I had known."

"I still have to get used to it. 'Gym leader'. It sounds... I don't know, formal." Way more than Katherine was used to, at least. "But thank you."

A waiter arrives eventually to take their order, writing down their desired drinks and the one large pizza they were sharing.

"Mauville isn't that far away anyway. You can visit me whenever you want." Lance hadn't seen it yet, but she owned a much bigger apartment now, and thanks to the fact that most of her pokemon stayed in the gym, it was a lot less messy.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
a table for two [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 17:08:16 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"it sounds stressful." he's considered the position before, at least back in sinnoh, but he has always believed he could do more good for the region out in the field rather than in a gym. still, he understands and appreciates the responsibilities that come with the position. "but you seem to be handling it well."

lance shifts comfortably into his chair, leaning back as he hands the waiter the menu. he looks across the table at her. "i'd feel guilty for stealing you away from your gym." no he wouldn't. not really. "did you get a place here yet?"

[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a table for two [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 21:34:37 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
If it wasn't for the Mauville's previous gym leader, then maybe Katherine's job would've been harder to manage. But thanks to Cait Alfric, she had little to worry about. Maintaining order was no issue, and taking care of her gym wasn't difficult either.

"I think it's going alright so far." She concludes after giving it some thought. "It's just a bit awkward. I don't know anyone who lives here."

"I mean, my receptionist thinks the only friends I have are my pokemon. And honestly? She isn't that far off." Although it was nice of her to repeatedly offer Katherine to join her for lunch, it was clearly done out of pity.

"Oh, yeah. My new place is right next to the gym. I think you'll like it." The waiter makes his return eventually, carrying a pair of glasses with him. They're filled to the brim with a smoothie of sorts, which allows for a strong scent of mint and lemons to become prevalent in the air. It's the perfect summer drink.

Icy drops of water collect on the other side of the glass, as if only to confirm that their drinks were as cold as one could possibly have them. And since it's this inviting, Katherine sips a little through a straw to refresh herself.

This would go better with some vodka, she thinks to herself before sipping again. Alcohol or not, it tasted good.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
a table for two [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 14:41:09 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"if it makes you feel better, i don't have many friends here either. you've met one of them, actually." smiling, he remembers the time they ditched the deserted island in favor of his home in lilycove. "rotta. small little rattata. he's quite fond of you."

the waiter returns with their drinks. lance reaches for his; the scent of mint and lemons strong as he takes a sip. "as long as you're there." something tells him he'll be seeing her place soon.

a grin tugging at his lips, lance allows himself to partake in gossip he really has no business being involved in: "what are the other gym leaders like?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a table for two [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 17:33:10 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"Aw, I really missed him. I am sure Chomps did too." The mention of Rotta brings a smile to her face, painting her expression with joy.

"I haven't met all of the other gym leaders yet, you know. I only met a couple of them when I challenged their gyms." And it happened long before her promotion, too.

"I always thought they— we, I mean, have like monthly meetings or whatever. I don't know, maybe a zoom call. But nope. Nothing. I guess we aren't actually co-workers." A shrug accompanies this redundant piece of information, "Cait was really nice to me when I visited her gym. Selena as well. I mean, they're all pretty... Nice?"

"But..."

She scratches at her cheek for a moment or so, contemplating whether if she should keep this to herself, "It felt like some of them aren't very good at the whole battling thing. It sounds wrong," Like Katherine was full of herself, which she was, but it was besides the point. "I suppose my expectations were higher. Our region could use more capable people."

Rocket however enjoyed the fact that the League was riddled with incompetent people. Kat herself would be lying if she said that she hadn't benefitted from this before.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
a table for two [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 17:53:32 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]for whatever reason, it doesn't surprise him to hear how disconnected the gym leaders here seem to be. "it feels the same way between the league and us rangers. we both strive for the same thing and yet we feel so disconnected at times." he shrugs. "i've only been here a few months but that's the feeling i've gotten."

lance feels no reason to withhold this next bit of information. he trusts her enough to feel comfortable sharing. "it sounds stupid. they're meant to guide people to become better trainers but i don't think they have it in them." he nods, agreeing with her words. "it really could. but i'm sure there are some capable people out there that stay under the radar."

he takes another sip, quenching his thirst.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a table for two [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 20:14:29 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Lance's words make her feel worse.

Knowing that this was probably frustrating for him makes it harder for her to enjoy the status quo she happened to benefit from. Good for her, bad for him. She couldn't help but feel guilty over this. It had nothing and everything to do with her all at once.

The natural course of action is to shift the subject, but Katherine struggles to find the right words. Luckily, she doesn't have to.

"And you're one of them?" She looks at Lance through the steam that lifts from the Italian dish, "Capable? Sure. But under the radar? I don't know if I'd describe you that way, Lance." Her grin is playful, teasing.

"Not that I blame you. What type of a king stays under the radar? It'd be really weird if you were anything like that." It's her way of saying that she liked him just the way he was, even more than she'd have wished to admit.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
a table for two [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 17:45:19 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"i never said i was either." there is acceptance in his voice that gives his situation away. he decides to breathe it out with a sigh, explaining his thoughts moments after. "one way or another, i have a stake in this region now. even as a foreigner."

steam lifts from the italian dish but he makes no notion to reach for it just yet. too engrossed in the conversation and her words, he chuckles, taking a sip of the cool smoothie.

"i imagine we'll be seeing more of each other. not that i have complaints."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a table for two [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 22:29:34 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"You're starting to sound like some super-hero."

Katherine jests, a chuckle following her words. "Not that it's a bad thing. I think you'd look good with a cape." She sips from her drink and her eyes narrow some, picturing Lance in some extravagant suit that'd fit a hero from a movie she watched before.

Despite finding humor in their conversation, she is well aware that he is serious. Unlike her, most people had real morales and preferred to keep their conscience clean.

"I think I'll only start complaining when you go back to Lilycove." It's her of saying 'I'll miss you', without actually saying those words. Lance may have been a foreigner in Hoenn, but Kat was treading a new land just as well. Honesty was not her strongsuit, and each time she happened to slip and said something without thinking - he was around.

She doesn't need to look inside a mirror to tell that her cheeks had grown flustered, and instead, she lifts a slice of pizza and takes a bite.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
a table for two [c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2020 18:58:32 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"you think so? i think i'd go with no cape. too impractical."

despite the lightheartedness in his words, the reality of the situation weighs heavy on him. this is not his region and yet he will be expected to lay his life down for it. oddly enough, lance is okay with that.

"just say you'll miss me, kat."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a table for two [c]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2020 1:54:20 GMT
[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat:900|Raleway:900,000][nospaces][newclass=.sacred_starewrap]width:499px;height:400px;background:#e8e8e8;overflow:hidden[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_starepost]width:240px;height:270px;padding-right:10px;line-height:1.3em;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;font-family:Roboto;font-size:11px;color:#555;float:left;margin-top:25px;margin-left:30px[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_starepost b]color:#022980;font-family:Roboto;font-size:12px[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_starelyric]width:265px;line-height:1em;float:left;position:relative;margin-left:-250px;text-align:justify;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:28px;font-family:Raleway;font-weight:900;margin-top:320px;color:#fff;text-shadow:#c7c7c7 1px 1px;position:relative;z-index:5;[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_stareimage]width:200px;height:400px;margin-top:-400px;float:right;background:url(https://i.ibb.co/nD1tQdg/lets-test-this-2-hover.png);-webkit-clip-path: polygon(31% 0, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 100%);clip-path: polygon(31% 0, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 100%);position:relative;z-index:5;[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_staretag]float:left;margin-left:23px;margin-top:400px;background:rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.8);padding:8px 0px 7px 0px;width:80%;font-family:Montserrat;font-size:8.5px;border-radius:10px;color:#022980;font-weight:900;transition:0.3s ease-in-out[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_staretag a]font-family:Montserrat!important;font-size:8.5px!important; color:#022980!important;font-weight:900!important;text-transform:uppercase!important[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_stareimage:hover .sacred_staretag]margin-top:350px;transition:0.3s ease-in-out[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_stareaccent]border-top:120px solid transparent;border-left:200px solid #022980;margin-top:280px;margin-left:-10px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_starepost::-webkit-scrollbar ]background-color:#fff;width:3px; [/newclass][newclass=.sacred_starepost::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background-color:#022980;border-radius:10% [/newclass][newclass=.sacred_credit]text-align:right;width:450px;font-size:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_credit a]text-decoration:none!important;font-size:15px!important;[/newclass]
[attr="class","sacred_starewrap"]
[attr="class","sacred_starepost"]
"And risk letting it get to your head? Please."
[break][break]
She scoffs before shaking her head from one side onto the other, "No one likes a hero with an inflated ego." She takes another bite from her slice of pizza, chewing quietly. When she's finished, her eyes avert for just a moment - long enough for the next words to be said without having to look at him.
[break][break]
"I will miss you though."
[break][break]

[break][break]
notes: ---

[attr="class","sacred_starelyric"]
[attr="class","sacred_stareaccent"]
[attr="class","sacred_stareimage"]
[attr="class","sacred_staretag"]
[attr="class","sacred_credit"]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
a table for two [c]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2020 18:15:45 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"i'll miss you too."

it escapes after a brief pause; not out of hesitation but contemplation, as if he needed to be sure. and he is. he smiles then, taking a large bite out of his slice of pizza before continuing.

"if you ever need anything, just know that you can always reach me."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a table for two [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 4:29:07 GMT
[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat:900|Raleway:900,000][nospaces][newclass=.sacred_starewrap]width:499px;height:400px;background:#e8e8e8;overflow:hidden[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_starepost]width:240px;height:270px;padding-right:10px;line-height:1.3em;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;font-family:Roboto;font-size:11px;color:#555;float:left;margin-top:25px;margin-left:30px[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_starepost b]color:#022980;font-family:Roboto;font-size:12px[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_starelyric]width:265px;line-height:1em;float:left;position:relative;margin-left:-250px;text-align:justify;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:28px;font-family:Raleway;font-weight:900;margin-top:320px;color:#fff;text-shadow:#c7c7c7 1px 1px;position:relative;z-index:5;[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_stareimage]width:200px;height:400px;margin-top:-400px;float:right;background:url(https://i.ibb.co/nD1tQdg/lets-test-this-2-hover.png);-webkit-clip-path: polygon(31% 0, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 100%);clip-path: polygon(31% 0, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 100%);position:relative;z-index:5;[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_staretag]float:left;margin-left:23px;margin-top:400px;background:rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.8);padding:8px 0px 7px 0px;width:80%;font-family:Montserrat;font-size:8.5px;border-radius:10px;color:#022980;font-weight:900;transition:0.3s ease-in-out[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_staretag a]font-family:Montserrat!important;font-size:8.5px!important; color:#022980!important;font-weight:900!important;text-transform:uppercase!important[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_stareimage:hover .sacred_staretag]margin-top:350px;transition:0.3s ease-in-out[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_stareaccent]border-top:120px solid transparent;border-left:200px solid #022980;margin-top:280px;margin-left:-10px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_starepost::-webkit-scrollbar ]background-color:#fff;width:3px; [/newclass][newclass=.sacred_starepost::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background-color:#022980;border-radius:10% [/newclass][newclass=.sacred_credit]text-align:right;width:450px;font-size:15px;[/newclass][newclass=.sacred_credit a]text-decoration:none!important;font-size:15px!important;[/newclass]
[attr="class","sacred_starewrap"]
[attr="class","sacred_starepost"]
"All the way over in Lilycove?"
[break][break]
Katherine doesn't mean for it to happen, but her raised eyebrow gives away what she truly thought about this promise. He's not lying, she reminds herself. He's just naive. Long-distance never works as well as it does on paper. "Yeah, sure. And I'll slip out of my gym for another week-long vacation in your apartment. No one will notice."
[break][break]
Her eyes roll at the sound of her own words, this situation, and how crappy it all made her feel.
[break][break]
"Sorry, I sound like a bitch. I know it's not your fault or anything."
[break][break]

[break][break]
notes: ---

[attr="class","sacred_starelyric"]
[attr="class","sacred_stareaccent"]
[attr="class","sacred_stareimage"]
[attr="class","sacred_staretag"]
[attr="class","sacred_credit"]