2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
lost shores [dw/o]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 21:15:48 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

There an intense look of concentration on Skyler's face as she studies the glass bottle in her hands.

She'd moored her boat to a nearby rock formation and is now sitting cross-legged in the sand, her Pokémon looking curiously over her shoulder at the object she's holding. Sapphire makes a curious sound and the human shakes the bottle, rattling the piece of paper inside.

"I'm not sure about this, guys..." Messages in bottles are things that only happen in cheesy tv series and cheesier romance books, right? There's no way this is the real deal. 

Frowning, Skyler bites the cork and pops it out before reaching for the paper inside. 

The Pokémon crowd closer, wanting to take a look at what's in the paper and Skyler has to shoo them away. The paper feels strangely fragile in her hands as she unfurls it. She can immediately see strange squiggles on the page that almost looks like... shorelines? When she turns the paper around, however, she's greeted by a huge drawing of a dick. 

"Well, I don't think this will lead us to any treasure." 

● tags: @ open
● notes: ...

close tab

played by

Window

Billi
He/Him
Twenty-One
August 29th
Spikemouth, Galar
Gay
Journalist
Ex-Gym Leader
@oscar
Falling Hard
263 height
263 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
618 posts
Billi Marsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @billi
Billi Marsh
lost shores [dw/o]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 6:10:44 GMT
Billi Marsh Avatar

Ah the beach! So relaxing...warm...so sandy and beachy. Just the warmth of the summer sun beating on Billi’s chest, as he stood with his toes in the sand in yellow, red and blue rotom trunks. Oran, the prinplup, walking out behind him, slowly, somewhat hateful, with flippers cross pretending not to enjoy time with his new owner. Of course he was a sweet prinplup, but he didn’t like Billi or at least pretended not to like Billi.

As Billi found himself following the shoreline lost, and aimless, courageous and pure. Not far ahead in the water, waiting, the blue pokemon, kicking the water, getting his bill wet, being a bird. Billi of course was smiling because it was enjoying itself and it was the first time it had been with him, and enjoyed itself. Oran looked up and in the distance, catching the sight of someone, and something...shiny. Litter. It’s eyes narrowed and waddled it’s way over.

“PRINPLUP” it screeched, snatching the jar from the stranger and looking angry. Of course it couldn’t really hold the bottle, and instead kicked it with its feet and pecked at it with it’s bill “PRIN” it hated litter in it’s water.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
lost shores [dw/o]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 9:56:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsea"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ARROKUDA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA JET
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DIVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] AGILITY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FLAAFFY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STATIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"] CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COTTON SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] LIGHT SCREEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THUNDER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EERIE IMPULSE

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
lost shores [dw/o]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 20:24:28 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Both Skyler and her Pokémon watch with some amount of amusement as a random Prinplup starts screeching at them, looking absolutely furious. It snatches the bottle right from the young sailor's hands and kicks it away, though no one who's watching has any idea why. Well, Sapphire and Chorus might have an idea because they are Pokémon, but still.

There's a young man walking along the beach and seeing as no one's around, Skyler assumes the Prinplup belongs to him. Unless it's a wild Pokémon, in which case the young sailor will totally try to catch it. She waves her arms at the young man, hoping to catch his attention. Chorus trills sharply by her side, fluffing his cloudlike feathers in order to make himself look bigger. "Thanks, Chorus," she tells the Altaria, smiling brightly.

"Hey, is this Prinplup yours?" She calls out, noticing some movement from the corner of her eyes. She has to blink a couple of times before her brain registers sight of a Flaaffy out in the middle of the... ocean, basically. Maybe it was abandoned? Hmmm... "Chorus, there."

The dragon type tilts his head to the side, and takes notice of the Flaaffy. Before Skyler can say anything, he's throwing a DRAGON PULSE Flaaffy's way. "Oh shit- Chorus! Have you ever heard of overkill?!" She immediately sends a pokéball at the electric type, hoping that catching it would heal it a little bit.

Next to her, Sapphire is guffawing at the whole situation while Skyler huffs and Chorus looks a bit embarrassed.

» attempt to catch the flaaffy

● tags:

close tab

played by

Window

Billi
He/Him
Twenty-One
August 29th
Spikemouth, Galar
Gay
Journalist
Ex-Gym Leader
@oscar
Falling Hard
263 height
263 height
awards
618 posts
Billi Marsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @billi
Billi Marsh
lost shores [dw/o]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 21:06:29 GMT
Billi Marsh Avatar

Oran had little care for the human who stared at him briefly, and her pokemon. Litter was litter, but he couldn’t pick it up becuase of the size and shape so he just got frustrated and kicked it towards Billi, who was dumb enough to get a girl to yell at him across the beach. If he was just a regular himbo, he’d be flattered that women would be giving him such attentions, but, once again he was stupid and met the womans waves with a wave back. The words that exited her lips made the blonde yell out, “Yeah that’s mine!” he called out as he ran up towards the group, sand and water kicking up behind him.

Once he arrived, he witnessed the powerful dragon pulse just decimate a flaffy like it was a kid with cotton candy. JJaw dropped for a moment as he walked up to the woman. “Oh….welll that poor flaffy” he laughed a bit before turning to Oran. “Oran stop being mean!” he scolded as he moved to pick up the bottle. “You’re being over dramatique.” pausing he looked back at the stranger.

“Sorry he doesn’t deal with people well! He’s kinda awkward,” Billi shrugged and gave his dorky yamper style smile. “I have nicer pokemon! They're a lot more friendly, but I thought electric types wouldn’t like the beach, or steel types.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
lost shores [dw/o]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 6:41:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CLAMPERL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHELL ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHELL SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]IRON DEFENSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WHIRLPOOL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CLAMP

[break]

[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHINY QWILFISH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INTIMIDATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TOXIC SPIKES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POISON JAB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BRINE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACID SPRAY

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]SKYLER CAUGHT FLAAFFY!
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
lost shores [dw/o]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 16:49:20 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler grins at the young man as he approaches, waving a hand when he apologizes on the Prinplup's behalf. "No worries, he's kind of cute if I'm honest." She smiles at the prickly Prinplup, giving him a thumbs up. Sapphire must've thought so too because she decided to approach the Prinplup and started talking to him. Skyler can't understand a word of what they are saying, of course, but the Golduck appears amused.

"I think that Flaaffy might have been abandoned," she tells the young man, her face expressing concern. "I should check on it," and with that, she picks up the pokéball and releases the recently caught Flaaffy onto the sands. It looks slightly dazed and some of its fur is still kind of smoking. Oops.

Before she can do anything about it, Chorus himself has flown over to where the Flaaffy is and stuck up a conversation. Gosh, her pokémon are such social butterflies. Maybe she should follow their example. She sticks her hand out to the Prinplup's trainer, grin on her face. "I'm Skyler Dross, professional diver and treasure hunter. Pleasure to meet you!"

There's an obnoxiously pink thing swimming past, and it bumps against Sapphire, who just ZEN HEADBUTTs it out of the way. Skyler, realizing that the pink thing is, in fact, a pokémon, is quick to send a pokéball its way.

» attempt to catch the shiny qwilfish

● tags:

close tab

played by

Window

Billi
He/Him
Twenty-One
August 29th
Spikemouth, Galar
Gay
Journalist
Ex-Gym Leader
@oscar
Falling Hard
263 height
263 height
awards
618 posts
Billi Marsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @billi
Billi Marsh
lost shores [dw/o]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 18:08:12 GMT
Billi Marsh Avatar

Thank god she was an understanding person! From what Billi could tell the person in front of him had social skills of an expert, and logical reasoning skills that pokemon are people too! At least he felt somewhere, that they felt the same! Pokemon had personalities just like people and it was refreshing to share that connection. “Oh..thanks!” he cheered to himself some as Oran was approached by the cloud pokemon and was talking to it. It was strange that his own pokemon kept his distance from him, while talking to other pokemon like it’s nothing. Maybe because it was a pretty pokemon.

It was a thought, his pokemon as a player, but Billi couldn’t dwell on it as the girl sent out the pokemon she just captured. “Oh poor pokemon! I got a Mareep! Maybe they can be friends! She’s really fluffy! Might make the flaffy feel better!” reaching into his fanny pack and pulled out Shuca’s pokeball, and released her from her red beam confines. “ Marrreeeppp” she called out and shook her wool and tail.

Billi took the girls hand and shook it, “Oh that’s cool! What cool stuff have you found?” he asked, “And I’m Billi! I just write stories for Pokemon Insider” and there went another attack in the water. Just damn that pokemon was just slapping things. Every pokemon that showed up was getting slapped on accident. “Marrr?” the Mareep sniffed the flaffy’s wool. “mar mar” she tried talking to it’s elder calmly.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
lost shores [dw/o]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 23:51:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BIBAREL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SIMPLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYPER FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWORDS DANCE

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CHEWTLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STRONG JAW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]JAW LOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COUNTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BODY SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PROTECT

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]SKYLER CAUGHT QWILFISH!

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
lost shores [dw/o]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 18:32:49 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The Flaaffy isn't looking particularly okay, but Skyler doesn't think it has to do with the attack the pokémon was subjected to - at least not fully. The pokémon's fur is drenched in salt water and it is too thin, probably a little bit malnourished. Reaching into one of her pockets, Skyler takes out a small brown-ish pellet that she keeps in order to distract wild pokémon away from them when she's diving.

"Here," she tells the pink pokémon, her voice lowered to a quiet whisper. She's slow to move as she presents the pellet to the Flaaffy, who sniffs it carefully before finally eating it. The sailor notices that Flaaffy's shivering slightly, but doesn't dare come closer in case the sheep pokémon discharges some electricity in her apparent nervousness. The Mareep that Billi releases seems to help somewhat, making Flaaffy appear calmer.

"Thank you," she says, turning to Billi. Her smile is bright and there's relief on her face. Skyler usually only keeps water pokemon for herself because of her job, but... Well, she feels a wave of pity for the Flaaffy. She decides then and there that she might as well give it a home.

"Ah, I find mostly rare materials, gems and fossils; sometimes relics when there's underwater ruins... Sometimes rare pokémon. It depends on what I'm searching for." She leans back on the sand. "Today I found this. I think someone somewhere might be laughing at me." She presents Billi with the paper with the dick drawn on it. "I thought it could be a map at first, but then..." She snorts, an amused smile lifting the corners of her mouth. "You can see."

So, he's a writer, a reporter? "What do you write about?"

» pass

● tags:

close tab

played by

Window

Billi
He/Him
Twenty-One
August 29th
Spikemouth, Galar
Gay
Journalist
Ex-Gym Leader
@oscar
Falling Hard
263 height
263 height
awards
618 posts
Billi Marsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @billi
Billi Marsh
lost shores [dw/o]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2020 6:10:23 GMT
Billi Marsh Avatar

This woman was clearly sent by arceus to care for the timid weak looking pokemon. Billi knew what a starving pokemon looked like. He had seen it countless times in his lifetime mainly because he lived in the ghetto. It was a sad thing to see, a scared soaked pokemon that couldn’t trust humans any more, but Skyler’s energy was so pure, almost that of a matern saint. “Oi,” he nudged Shuca towards the Flaffy. “Mareep?” the wool ball tried talking to the new flaffy to comfort it. It seemed to work, but she walked around trying to explain that it was safe here.

Billi found awe in the girls career choice. Finding rare treasures, things lost to time by the ocean. The true destroyer and preserver of all things. It often proved as a graveyard of human history, of hopes and dreams, along with a never ending mystery. “oh my gosh! That’s lit! Like what is the rarest thing you’ve found? What do you do in winter?! When there’s ice and stuff,” curious words rapidly fired like a tommy gun out of Billi’s mouth.

Then she showed him the bottle and it was very like, “really?”. The dick gave him a twisted giggle snort. “That’s so funny! It’s poorly drawn too” he tilted his head thinking, “Who thinks of these things hahaha” he laughed harder as Oran returned by the side and looked at the paper himself. “Plup.” it didn’t like the treasured dick pic. The expression turned into a deadpan followed by a flipper slicing it in half.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
lost shores [dw/o]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2020 21:47:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TYNAMO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THUNDER WAVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPARK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CHARGE BEAM

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOLDUCK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DAMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA JET
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SOAK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA TAIL

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
lost shores [dw/o]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2020 8:20:55 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

They still have a long way ahead of them, Skyler thinks, but at least the Flaaffy already appears less nervous. Mareep is helping matters too, along with Skyler's own pokémon, whose curiosity made them approach the pink pokémon. Skyler can't understand their words, but she knows that both her Golduck and her Altaria (despite the latest's enthusiasm for battle) are easy to get along with.

Skyler isn't expecting the barrage of questions thrown her way and she has to blink a few time as her brain processes. People usually aren't this enthusiastic about her job, mostly because when she starts talking about it - she finds it difficult to stop. If there's one thing about her life that Skyler is passionate about, it's her job. "Err... Well." She scratches the back of her neck while she thinks, looking to the distant horizon. "I've found some relics from underwater ruins. There was this one time I found a rare fossil and donated it to the Oceanic Museum in Slateport." She snorts as she tells the story, memories flooding her. "I have a few private clients and they didn't like this decision. They sent their goons after me. Idiots." She'd managed to kick them away, with some help of course. Her limbs were full of small scars from these sort of encounters. Other treasure hunters could be very competitive.

"The winter? I just wear a wetsuit." It was unthinkable for Skyler to stay on land just because it was cold. The ocean was her life whether it was hot or cold.

She pulled up one knee, resting her arm on it, completely relaxed. "I mean, what sort of person does that?" The bottle might've been in the ocean for a long time too. "Though I must admit it was kind of funny." 

Skyler gave the Prinplup a thumbs-up as he sliced the paper in half. "Are you looking for a new story here?" Skyler had never met a writer before.

» pass

● tags:

close tab

played by

Window

Billi
He/Him
Twenty-One
August 29th
Spikemouth, Galar
Gay
Journalist
Ex-Gym Leader
@oscar
Falling Hard
263 height
263 height
awards
618 posts
Billi Marsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @billi
Billi Marsh
lost shores [dw/o]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 6:42:39 GMT
Billi Marsh Avatar

Oran was a wild penguin, because he could go from stern and hateful to screeching and happily kicking at the waves up ahead. Of course he didn’t like little bugs but that's besides the point. Overall Billi liked to think he had come to have a deeper connection with the Prinplup even if it didn’t want to have one with him. Perhaps he needed to earn it’s respect, or do something that it liked. It didn’t have fun with that drawn picture though, taking it to heart and stared into the distance.

Catching what looked like a plastic bag in the distance, it ran like an olympic athlete with their feet tied together towards the next piece of garbage. The moment he got to the garbage his flipper quickly sliced the small pure little Tynamo, down to the sad where it laid out cold. “Oh no…” Billi stated as he noticed, also throwing a pokeball at it, luckily because he was strong jock energy he hit the fainted pokemon from where he stood.

“YOU HAVE STUFF IN A MUSEUM! WOW” bright blue eyes became orbs or childlike wonder! How could anyone live such a fun filled life on the edge like that? Finding literal history in the depths of the ocean, “wow your fighting people over treasure! That’s crazy but I guess tiktok shows people fighting over a candy bar so hahahahaha” he mused about his guilty pleasures over his cellphone apps.

Billi knelt down and gently pat Mareep’s wooly body. “A new story,” he thought to himself for a moment, “Welllll Not really…?” his brow raised as he snapped his finger in his ah ha, moment. “I’m more of a social media journalist dude? Thing? It’s more like I get paid to just travel Hoenn and write about my experiences. I’m thankful for it! Unfortunately that makes my living here very temperate and I’m all around moving from hotel to hotel. Hahaha” the man awkwardly scratched his neck.

“But if you mean if I came here to get away. Yeah…...Home is just a bummer. So I’ve thrown myself into something I’ve never done and a job that people like me,” having never really been faced with people disliking him or hating on him, or critiquing him, left him with an air of ignorance. He didn’t view it that way however. Rather he viewed it as a reason to be curious to be an open minded individual that wanted to learn and be everything in order to make himself feel better, in hopes he’d find somewhere that felt like home again.

“Nothing’s really stable, but the bright side is, I get to meet amazing people here in Hoenn, and experience bright and amazing new things! My hometown is kinda like in a massive stadium if you can call it that!”

-attempts to catch Tynamo-

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
lost shores [dw/o]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 20:08:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SIMIPOUR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GLUTTONY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LICK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCALD

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOREBYSS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRAINING KISS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COIL

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]BILLI CAUGHT TYNAMO!