awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
A TRANSFER OF POWER
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 16:40:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Summer vacation is in full swing. It shows in the lack of presence in League Headquarters. The west wing no longer teems with the frantic duties of volunteers pushed to uphold the same standards of salaried employees. Yiannis' office, now Fernando's, is empty, sans the paperwork that follows the successors of government. Like the great coral dividers of the Lilycove Sea, they sprawl out along his desk in an organic fashion, with no particular rhyme or reason, but still laced together in a way that seems connected.

As promised, Fernando keeps his word with . Out of sight and out of mind. No one knows where the councilman has been until he shows up. The Pokeathlon is the sole exception, a financial opportunity that could not be missed, and one that Fernando alone capitalizes on with a tremendous showing, dominating the Leaderboard as if it was the Hoenn war front.

Knock, knock.

There is only one thing that can break his cautionary oath. Today, he pays a visit to Alexander. On the surface, his time away has painted him in different colors, smiles and all. Deep down, Fernando holds his insecurities in the form of a manilla folder, detailed in writing, etched in his own grievances.

"Good morning, Stone."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
A TRANSFER OF POWER
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 19:17:08 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]a scale of pink and violet glimmers under the sunlight, held up by two fingers that delicately rotate it. examination turns into admiration, overpowering confusion and concern. a sigh escapes right as knocks sound from the door.

"good morning, councilman."

while it might be far too early for formalities, it comes out naturally with alexander; almost second nature by now. the manilla folder does not go unnoticed as he gestures to the chairs by his desk.

"things are well, i hope?"

[newclass=.stone] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone b] color: #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone i] text-decoration: underline dotted #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
A TRANSFER OF POWER
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2020 8:11:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Sufficient.

Fernando cuts right to the point — anything to cut this meeting short. Despite their similarities, Fernando still detests Alexander in both personality and history. Even if one was the discount their natural rivalry due to their financial hold on the region, Fernando’s issues run deep. That’s why handing off his responsibilities, and therefore his power, is more troubling than it should be.

Congratulations on Sootopolis. I heard you’ve done well with it. And by well I mean less gaudy.

And yet, no matter how deep down his grievances lay, there's still one person Fernando detests more than Stone: .

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
A TRANSFER OF POWER
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 8:41:32 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]"i appreciate it."

strong foundations were laid out by olivia, making his transition swift and easy. and while he disagrees with some (most) of her visions, he can appreciate the fact that she truly did care for her city.

alexander's eyes fall to the manila folder. "what brings you here?"

[newclass=.stone i] text-decoration: underline dotted #6c9975; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
A TRANSFER OF POWER
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 9:30:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Your promotion.

Fernando places the manilla folder onto his desk. He doesn’t open it but instead slides it slowly until it’s within Stone’s grasp. Inside are Fernando’s personal observations and complaints about every Gym Leader and challenge that Hoenn has yet to know. Some of them are simplistic, such as ’s comment about allowing Fernando attempt a possibly life-threatening challenge without testing it beforehand, to more nit picky ones in regards to how ’s seemed to disqualify able trainers who lacked a formal education in Pokemon lore. Behind that, there are more responsibilities but nothing that Fernando hasn’t already shared digitally prior to entering.

Between you and , the council is in capable enough hands that and I no longer have to hard carry this administration into just surviving.” He pauses, look past Stone and onto the blank wall behind him. “Continuing to divvy up the work of four people among the two of us would have led to an eventual burn out. Thankfully, both of you have proven more than capable.

And although every word of praise given has been honest, to some degree, Fernando’s smile never seems genuine enough.

The more responsibilities you hold means the more power you have over various aspects of Hoenn. We trust you with this.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
A TRANSFER OF POWER
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2020 16:49:29 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]the manilla folder is taken, opened, and read; each detail, no matter how miniscule, is considered and ultimately understood. eventually, alexander's eyes flick back up.

"i assume this is to offset the burden of teaching the avatars."

light reflects off tapu lele's pink scale in the corner of his desk, brushed away like an afterthought.

"any progress?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
A TRANSFER OF POWER
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2020 19:32:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Hardly. It's more about you than me."

There's no conceit behind those words because this time it's true in its entirety. Not only has Stone proven himself, the council has enough faith that this time things will be different. Fernando has his own doubts, of course, but another peg against Stone will ultimately work in his favor. It's all about the ebb and flow of the tide, to know when to pull and when to release.

"But things are just pecha."

And like the Victreebel of his home region, Fernando dangles the bait without regard for whether or not his prey will escape unscathed. Eventually, they all make mistakes. It's just a matter of when.

"Their personality is more of an issue than their powers. I can build a body. A mind, not so much."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
A TRANSFER OF POWER
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2020 7:59:08 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]"i would say give them time but we don't really have that luxury anymore."

an avatar is a weapon — only a fool would rely solely on them. alexander has his issues but not much can be done about it right now. not when fernando has his control so deeply rooted.

"regardless, i accept the promotion."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
A TRANSFER OF POWER
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2020 22:51:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"They're already adults, Stone. Time won't make them grow any maturer. Only tragedy will."

He speaks from experience because his own growth stems from personal tragedy. Once from his on incompetence, again with personal loss, and from thereon was his own cultivation to spite everything that's ever wronged him. Looking back on it, it's an impossible ask for any of the current avatars. Life's too good.

"And by the time that happens it'll already be too late."

His lips curl and Fernando debates whether or not he should take a small jab against Stone. It only takes him a second to go against his better judgement and let the comment go. There will be more times in the future; today they celebrate his complete on-boarding.

"So we're counting on you to make sure we can work around that."

He smiles.

"Congratulations."