awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH CO. & CO SPA (PKTHN)
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2020 8:43:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Not bad, if I say so myself, eh, Cavalli?

Fernando rolls his neck against the cotton robe draped along his shoulders. As promised, he had put his best foot forward as a reward for their performance at the Pokeathlon. Having claimed ten out of the twelve leaderboard spots — most of them under Silph Co.’s name — their financial compensation matched their efforts and then some. To say the move was profitable would be an understatement. Hence Fernando taking time out of his day to make sure his MVP at the Defense Course was appropriately pampered.

So what do you do for a living? Capable trainers and athletes are rare to come by these days.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2020 10:26:10 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-gv]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
thread type

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

Often, Gavin's efforts and ambitions are without reward. It's what his family has taught him to expect. Had Silph given him nothing more than a stiff nod as thanks for his efforts in climbing the leaderboards, the Rocket wouldn't have blinked.[break][break]

Yet here they sit, cotton robes and pedicures, a cold cloth laid across Gavin's forehead. Eyes closed but opening as Silph addresses him, their amber depths tired but burning with undisguised triumph.[break][break]

"Not bad," he agrees. "They do this next year, I'll do better."[break][break]

Here's the thing: he's proud of his performance, but he's not satisfied. His ambition is a beast with an insatiable hunger. Had his name been on each and every entry on the board... then, perhaps, he might've been content.[break][break]

"I'm a scientist. Evolutionary biologist, if you want specifics, but I dabble."

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-gvcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .accentbg"]background: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .accentborder"]border-color: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a, .punkianger-gv .bulk b, .punkianger-gv .bulk i, .punkianger-gvcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/Cr9yhqZ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 8:36:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Scientist? I would have never taken you to be the type.

Fernando lets out an airy laugh as fingers tickle the soles of his feet. Although he cares little for the finer things in life exceptions are made to accommodate guests. He’s here to impress Gavin, to drown him in lavish treatments as both thanks and an attempt to procure him as another trainer under the Silph brand. The fact that he’s probably well pronounced in other fields only makes him that much more appealing.

I mean, I’m on vacation as well, but rarely do I find other lab junkies both fit and eager to tackle anything physically demanding.” Fernando doesn’t bat an eye behind the the starf berry slices. Blind, he fumbles his hand against his arm rest, feeling out his mimosa. “If you’re unsatisfied with your place of employment or are looking for an upgrade, Silph Co. Is always looking for talent. If you’re willing to put in the work it can be very rewarding. If you’re interested, let me know and I’ll pull some strings — I know a few people there.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 9:05:54 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
thread type

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

Laughter bubbles low in Gavin's throat. "I get that a lot."[break][break]

Hell, most of Rocket were unaware of his history in their labs. They'd sharpened him into a blade to wield against their enemies. Had Cadis not raised him to underboss, he would have likely become Rocket's fangs, claws.[break][break]

"Afraid I'm too much of a free spirit for that kind of consistency." Though it was tempting to plant himself within the forest of rivals, he knew that Rocket kept him too busy for such a commitment. "I do accept the occasional contract, should the work interest me."[break][break]

His toes curl reflexively at a ticklish touch, lip twitching involuntarily.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a, .punkianger-gv .bulk b, .punkianger-gv .bulk i, .punkianger-gvcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/Cr9yhqZ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2020 9:17:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Understandable, but a shame then. Should you need the financial stability to afford a gap year, we pay very handsomely for top tier talent — that goes for both inside and outside the lab.

Fernando hides his disappointment behind a drawn out sip of his flute glass. Only when he sets it down does he feel the pressure of someone’s palm go to work. The art of a good pedicure may go right over his head but even he can appreciate a well done massage. Like the pressure of his council work, he can feel it all melt away as the summer draws on. It’s inevitable that it’ll come to a tragic end.

Well, perhaps you could entertain a small favor from me. There are two Pokemon I’ve acquired that I know next to nothing about. Both are canine in structure but unique enough that no one else can really identify them. One seems to have conflicting features with a helmet acting as a muzzle. The other is all black aside from polygons of green. Maybe you know something about them?

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2020 11:40:19 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"I'll keep that in mind," he says, and it's only half a lie — while he has no plans to take up the offer, it will linger in the back of his mind as an opportunity for a long con, should the need for one arise.[break][break]

Had their vision not been obscured by cold fruit slices, Gavin might've physically shifted to regard the councilman as he offers a different kind of business proposal. The scientist remains still as firm hands work the knots from his shoulders. His mind, however, races.[break][break]

"Well, now you've piqued my interest, councilman." There's a pleasant, almost excited lilt to his voice. "I can't say I recognize the subjects by their descriptions, but if you would permit me to study them — perhaps we could narrow a few things down. Where did you acquire such interesting creatures?"

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2020 19:06:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Where do you think?"

Fernando allows the idea to simmer for only a second before breaking out in a small laugh. "I bought them. Took a small fortune too! But that's chump change in the name of science." Considering how little anyone seemed to know about Type:Null aside from their sporadic appearance, he'll have to start discovery from scratch. That doesn't even begin to start on either Zygarde or Shaymin, two Pokemon that have been arguably lost to time.

"If you have some time we can always get you setup as a guest visitor. Security and policy are tight but considering the value of research and development, you understand, right?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 16:22:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

Gavin laughs in earnest. "Man after my own heart," he jests.[break][break]

Money. It was one hell of a motivator. He'd been born with a silver spoon in his mouth and had it ripped away from him only to spend the rest of his life chasing the grandeur of his youth. He'd been successful, at a cost.[break][break]

"For something as intriguing as this, I can make the time." Not even Rocket could keep him away from the opportunity to research potentially undocumented species. "Rest assured, I can abide by the strictest security measures."

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2020 19:07:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Good deal. I'll send you an invite and you can schedule accordingly."

There's no need to hide his smile as long as they both maintain their face masks and starf slices. Even outside of here, as long as Gavin subjects himself to Fernando's security measures, he has no doubt in his mind his assets will remain secure. Anyone bold enough to challenge him will only contribute to his growth regardless of the result. Science is always about improvement.

"So how about your own research materials. Anything interesting or that you're proud of?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2020 1:58:41 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"Well, much of it is classified for similar reasons to your own projects," says Gavin airily, and it's only half a lie. Rocket had never needed him to sign an NDA: it was his life on the line if he spilled their secrets, not legal trouble. "But I dabble in all sorts of things in my own time. I'm particularly interested in evolution."[break][break]

It's a shame, he's had less time for his own experiments of late.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 12:36:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Ah. Evolution. Always fun.

Fernando laughs to himself and shifts the subject accordingly. “So what is your take on Mega Evolution?” It’s the same phenomenon that’s taken the region by storm. Many trainers have showcased the ability to use the technique but that doesn’t mean they’re any closer to understanding it.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,849 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 17:27:22 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"Mm, that depends." The attendant works out a knot in Gavin's shoulder, and he pauses briefly. "In a controlled environment, with people who know what they're doing — there's little else like it. Of course, it's most commonly used in the midst of danger."[break][break]

He'd studied a lot of battle footage from wars and gym matches alike.[break][break]

"It can be dangerous for the Pokemon if it's pushed too far, but there's been advancements made in extending the duration safely. Have you heard?"

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2020 9:53:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Vaguely.

Despite not having a Mega Accessory of his own, Fernando’s kept up with any major discoveries in regards to Mega Evolution. He may not understand it but keeping up to date with a new phenomenon is one of the few tasks he sees as more of a hobby than work. Having League and Silph scientist alike report on this and break down new information is almost as commonplace as Mega Evolution itself.

I’m not sure how much I trust it just yet but I’ve acquired a Mega Extender for personal testing as well. How about you?

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 1:31:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: