2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
red sky at night, sailor's delight [dw/c]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2020 13:41:17 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler brought Violet up to the boat, watching carefully for any sign of exhaustion. Sometimes Skyler was so enthusiastic about these dives that she'd forget that other people weren't usually as physically prepared as Skyler herself. As someone who spent the majority of her time out on the ocean, she made swimming look effortless - maybe more so than walking, even.

As soon as the other woman boarded the water vessel, Skyler immediately followed suit, briefly shaking her blonde curls of salty ocean water. She didn't bother drying herself, but gave Violet a plush blue towel. For a brief moment, the captain disappeared down into the cabin, popping up a minute or so later with a checkered table towel and what looked like some food and drink.

She began setting things up in the deck of the ship, a sort of boat picnic. There was fresh water and grape juice (and some wine in case Violet felt like it) and all sorts of small containers with things such as tomatoes, meats, onions, some cheese and all sorts of mediterranean-like foods. "There are bowls for salad and bread in case you want to make a sandwich." Skyler herself started making a sandwich, adding a surprising amount of ingredients until it seemed like the sandwich in question would burst. "Come on." She beckoned Violet to sit down in front of her, a corner of her lips lifting.

PASS

● tags:
● notes: sorry for the wait! d:
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
625 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2020 19:35:17 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
A towel was welcome, even if it certainly wasn’t enough. Violet had absolutely no illusions. She was not going to get dry just with that, not after being so completely submerged in water. Then again, she didn’t have to. Not really. Instead, she simply used the cloth to get any water out of the vicinity of her eyes, as well as dry her hands a bit. That way, she could at least grab things without them slipping through them, or even some of the food on offer without immediately giving it a nice dose of salt.

Speaking of, she found herself slightly surprised by the amount of effort and care that the other had clearly put into all of this. Some others would have probably just pre-made some sandwiches or something, but this clearly was going to be a proper date of sorts. “Some people would have their datee choose between the beach and a picknick. Few would simply combine the two in such a way,” she announced with a brief chuckle. This was more care than most people had put into entertaining her for quite a while. The least she could do was acknowledge it.
Naturally, she swiftly joined the other. Not needing to make too much of a fuss, she sat down in a very proper manner, yet went for a sandwich anyway. Just because she liked to be a bit of a lady did not mean that her tastes had completely kept up with that perception of self.

“To be clear. I quite appreciate your efforts and am grateful. This has been a rather fun endeavour so far.”
Her eyes briefly caught some Pokemon skidding over the wave, but Cloyster was busy inspecting the foodstuffs, while she made a salad and meat sandwich. Food always took priority over catching things.

- passes

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2020 1:15:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsea"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PIPLUP APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TORRENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WHIRLPOOL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER SPORT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BRINE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"]WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD RALTS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TRACE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LIFE DEW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CALM MIND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAINING KISS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYCHIC

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2020 12:12:17 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"I don't do things by halves." There was an undercurrent of amusement in her voice, her smile playful.

Skyler devoured the sandwich in record time, humming contently as she finished it. She lounged on the deck, stretching her legs and letting the sunlight hit her skin. She always got slightly sleepy after lunch; coupled with the physical exhaustion from the dive and the pleasant warmth over her skin, she could feel her eyes wanting to close. They'd been here for a couple of hours already, maybe more. Skyler would stay here all day, but she'd still have to navigate home.

Her head lulled to the side, her eyes settling over Violet. "I barely even know a thing about you, Vi, now that I think of it." Skyler didn't seem really bothered by it, despite her statement. She stretched her arms over her head and then crossed them, leaning her head against them. She closed her eyes, utterly relaxed - or perhaps about to fall asleep. "Tell me a story."

The sailor was all too aware that there were wild pokémon around them - but as long as pokémon such as gyarados kept their distance, she need not worry. 

PASS

● tags:
● notes: ...
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
625 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2020 12:40:18 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
“Hmm,” she hummed, thinking. Naturally, Vio took a bit longer to eat her sandwich in this more proper and measured way, so she gave herself some more time to think while nibbling on it once more. In fact, she did finish what she had for the time being, before really attempting to answer that question. It was a bit of a tough one, after all. Truth be told, she did not want to lie too much to this girl. Seemed unfair, really. But at this point, she couldn’t exactly just give the full truth either. Not without making it seem like she’d lied before, at least.

As such, she took care with this, even deciding to first take her seat next to the other proper. Despite her attitude, she was being a bit forward about this, even leaning against Skyler somewhat to join in on the drowsiness. “Well, you asked for it. Can’t say it is not your fault~.” A bit teasing, maybe, but she figured that the other would not be too thrilled with the story she had in mind. Not her problem, though.
During the brief pause, she noticed a Ralts riding a Piplup in the distance. But she already had one of each, so she did not pay too much heed to that. “Growing up, I had this brother who was always better than I was. At just about anything my family valued. But he did not like the right disposition and attitude. A real trainer, but also someone who was quite unbecoming towards father. So, everyone wanted me, the more agreeable one, to instead become the hope of the family. But I was terrible at it. One day, I tried to prove myself and headed out at night to some ruins to show that I am strong and fearless. Had me crying and about to give up a bit after midnight, really. But that was when I met my Dreepy. It scared me at least but it came to me anyway, trying to console me. It probably allowed itself to be captured more than I really did much. But together we did get Golett and the two of them were with me ever since. Though, admittedly, I let the whole catching business slide until I came to port, years later. It is actually surprisingly fun, I have to admit.”

- passes

[/quote]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2020 3:04:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WISHIWASHI APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SCHOOLING
[attr="class","wildtabox"]UPROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYDRO PUMP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DIVE

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD IGGLYBUFF APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CUTE CHARM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COPYCAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DISABLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DISARMING VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWEET KISS

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2020 15:21:40 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Violet took a long time to answer. A really long time. Skyler's eyes closed as the sun hit her face, feeling the drowsiness take over her. It was still a warm, toasty temperature and it was perfect for a little bout of sunbathing. Skyler leaned against a nearby seat, giving in to the laziness as the gentle swaying of the boat slowly lulled her into sleep. 

She was halfway to starting a good nap when the feeling of another body leaning against hers woke her up. The sun hadn't completely dried Violet's bikini's and its coldness against her sun-soaked skin sent little goosebumps up her arms. The way she put an arm around Violet's frame was almost automatic. 

The sailor hadn't been expecting the story that spilled past Violet's lips, and maybe because of that she listened attentively. When the last words of the story left Vi's lips, Skyler briefly squeezed the smaller woman closer in an attempt to, perhaps, comfort her. "Now I get why you like ghosts." It was an half-joke at best, despite the seriousness of the story.

Skyler had had such a happy childhood that it was kind of bizarre to hear these kinds of stories. Two different realities. "Do you want to become who your father wanted you to be? I don't want to pry too much, but..." The blonde thought for a bit, chewing on her words. "You don't seem like the type to follow blindly. Sexy blonde sailors aside." A smirk stretched her lips and she gave Vi a playful nudge. 

Back in the water, Starmie was having the time of its life harrassing nearby fish pokémon. One of those was a knocked out Wishiwashi, which the Starmie proudly presented to its trainer. Skyler just sighed and captured it. 

ATTEMPT TO CAPTURE WISHIWASHI

● tags:
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
625 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2020 23:36:51 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Heh. That was a nice reaction. She could feel the light shudder she’d caused with her actions, but there was also approval and appreciation. Some had called her needy in these kinds of regards. Though honestly, she just enjoyed companionship in general. She did not exactly regret running away from home. This way, she had finally freed herself from the suffocation of expectation. Yet, she did miss being close to others sometimes. It was actually best like this. Kind of knowing the person you were with, but not to the point where things got super serious all of the sudden. An embrace at arm’s length was something she deeply enjoyed, really.

“I can never become who others want me to be. I realized that by now.” Her voice sounded a bit more serious than normal as she said that, though she soon broke that up with a chuckle. “Though I like to think that I don’t want or need to become anyone, anyway. I already am who I am. If you ask me, it is never about ‘becoming’ one thing or another. It’s about how you live your life. And in my case, I am happy to live my life how I want to, really.” It was still surprisingly deep, really. But unlike talk of the past, this talk of the present and future came easily to her lips. Somehow, this felt different. It wasn’t quite clear how, though.

In the meantime, her Cloyster had watched what the Starmie had been doing and gotten rather competitive with the toned down violence. Not wanting to be shown up by some Pokemon it did not know, the Cloyster sought to fight something too. Though, somehow, it ended up punting a non-water Pokemon from the water. Violet was not sure whether or not her protector had knocked it out as much as it had been dragged here by the current, but she threw a Pokeball at the Igglpuff anyway. It was kind of cure, after all.
“Though, who said that I followed you ‘blindly’, dear? Maybe I just got a good enough look at you last time to know all is well with you around.”

- tries to ccatch the Igly

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2020 0:22:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TOGEPI APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SERENE GRACE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POUND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CHARM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METRONOME

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHELLOS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STICKY HOLD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAIN DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EARTH POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RECOVER

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2020 18:49:25 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

It was, Skyler thought, a nice philosophy to live by. One Skyler could see herself emulating in her daily life. The sailor didn't have a great many ambitions and those she did have were fairly simple. Freedom. A boat to sail through the ocean. Somewhere to rest her head when the storms proved too difficult even for her. To live so fully and intensely that she'd go to her death sticking up her middle fingers.

Well, maybe she'd have to rethink that last one.

There was little Skyler could say to Violet's speech. She fully agreed with the other woman, except that her own path had always seemed very specific from the start. She'd always known that her heart belonged to the ocean. 

Grinning a little, Skyler's fingers danced over the skin of Violet's arm, light as a feather. Her silver eyes focused on the smaller woman. "Wise words. Who are you, Vi?" It didn't seem as if she needed an answer, because Skyler continued. "Though I'm starting to doubt them; whoever said it was wise to follow me? Maybe I'm going to rob you blind and leave you to fend for yourself out in the open waters." There was a teasing glint in Skyler's eyes and her grin widened. "I've been called a pirate before, y'know." 

Maybe she would've been taken more seriously if not for the way she was clearly enjoying herself.

PASS

● tags:
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
625 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2020 16:32:16 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
No answer was needed, sure. But it was a good question regardless. Who was she, really? Violet had taken so many shifts to who she was and who she wanted to be, it was hard to tell. The closest to an answer she could be, in that regard, was ironically the one that Skyler had already offered indirectly. In the end, she was Vi. That was who she wanted to be. The person she had constructed to be and enjoy. It wasn’t all perfect yet, but she was still happy with who she had become, really.
Plus, this girl whose warmth she was enjoying now was making it a lot better, too. Violet felt cosy and content for the first time in a long time. Sure, this technically was a bit of a scam still regardless, but at this point, it really took no effort to keep it up. Heck, she was mostly honest at this point, only minding a few minor details. There really was no reason to lie, so aside from what came to her naturally, she simply remained truthful to a point.

“Hmm, I guess I do, really. Besides, I might not know you too well, but I can gauge a few things about you at least.” Just what those were, she left a secret for a few more moments. Inwardly, that was because she chose not to line out why she was so certain of that. After all, that would be something she herself might have done in the other’s shoes to a hapless victim. Yet, if she had been, she would have done this whole thing a bit differently to ensure her success and safety. No, this definitely wouldn’t be the smart way to do this ploy.
Before she could reply though, Cloyster threw yet another Pokemon on board, though once more a half drowned one from the looks of it. Looked very cute, but most definitely not the kind that could and would swim freely out here on the open ocean. Was there some kind of capsized boat somewhere that these guys came from?

She couldn’t tell. And honestly, in Skyler’s arms like this, she didn’t much care, either. It just was what it was. Vi flicked another ball at it, in the hopes to catch it without that much distraction, and instead turned towards her current girl once more. “You aren’t the kind to just leave people stranded like that. At least people you care about in some way. If you are a pirate, Sky, you’d be the kind who’d want to steal my heart and have me, not steal my things and leave me.”

- tries to catch the Togepi

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2020 6:23:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LANTURN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ILLUMINATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPARK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA RING

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WINGULL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HYDRATION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AIR SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROOST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HURRICANE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WING ATTACK

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]VIOLET CAUGHT TOGEPI!
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 12:55:49 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler barely batted an eye at the Pokémon that suddenly splashed onto the deck. She'd been halfway expecting it, mostly because she was pretty sure her Starmie and Violet's Cloyster were having some sort of competition of who could bring more Pokémon back to their trainers. She couldn't say she minded, especially if it got her rare Pokémon she'd been looking for.

Her curiosity had been piqued when Violet told her that she could gauge a few things about Skyler herself. As someone who was terrible at reading others, the blonde had always felt this niggling interest in knowing how others managed to read subtle hints in others. It was, Skyler thought, utter befuddling.

At Violet's next words, Skyler sputtered. If she'd been drinking something, it would've ended up all over the deck. She moved her eyes to the smaller girl at her side. "I'm a pirate of hearts now, am I?" There would've been more of a tease to her voice, but she was still recovering from Vi's earlier words. 

She lay back against the seat, trying to calm the pounding of her heart in her ears. From beneath her lashes, Skyler peeked at the silvery hair spread over her own tanned skin. "You should guard your heart then, Vi. I'm afraid those things aren't safe with me." Not that Skyler was exactly in the business of taking hearts. She mostly just took moments stolen in the dark amongst blaring music. 

PASS

● tags:
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
625 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 17:37:13 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
She chuckled, briefly. It was a more muted, ladylike reaction, yes. But even displaying it like that was technically bad form. A true person of grand repute would have enjoyed this quietly or not at all. But Violet was letting that particular mask slip, if only a little. She was quite bemused by Skyler’s reaction and made no secret of that at all. And then she chuckled again when the so-called pirate of hearts took the whole concept and ran with it. “Nice recovery, captain,” she noted, playfully. They both knew that this was all in good fun. At least in her opinion, they also both knew what kind of, well, relationship this was. Violet had not come here today thinking they would cement something that would last for decades. If she would have, then she would probably leave disappointed in the end.

At the end of the day, Skyler was right when she said hearts were not safe with her. That was the estimate Vi made on the fly here. She nettled a bit more against the other’s side. “I know it wouldn’t be. But don’t worry, my heart is capable of taking this. I wouldn’t be here at all if I didn’t understand about sailors and the sea at least a little bit.” Namely, how someone like Skyler probably loved the sea first and foremost. No human could compare to that. Vi was well aware that Sky had just been looking for a fling, a summer romance in that club. And that was fine. She was pretty much the same. Though, admittedly, this was nice too.
“You should guard yours too, though. I mean, I already got you to treat me to all this. I do have my ways, too~.”

- passes

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 5:21:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD RIBOMBEE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HONEY GATHER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POLLEN PUFF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DAZZLING GLEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWEET SCENT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AROMATHERAPY

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SEALEO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ICE BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AURORA BEAM