awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
It Would be a Shame if Something Happened [m]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2020 22:40:14 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The sun was setting over Slateport. Soon the Night Market would be a bustling gathering place for tourists and residents alike looking for something interesting to take home. Such activity left little room for nefarious deeds beyond pick pocketing, but what Oscar was tasked with wouldn't take long. That is, if his partner would bother to show up soon.

Oscar stood outside a small shop near the center of the market. He watched the various stands and vendors prepare for the rush of business that came during the night, lazily nursing a lollipop as his eyes blinked slowly. The shop he stood in front of was his target for the day, a clock maker had moved in and it was time that he became acquainted with Rocket.  

Oscar was sent to 'welcome the shop keep to the neighborhood', along with the elf creature known as Maddonis. Oscar had worked with Maddonis before, and while he enjoyed the man's company he was rather exasperated with his tardiness. Oh well, couldn't be helped. Not like getting pissy about ti will make him get there any faster. 

Besides, according to the clocks hanging in the window they had plenty of time to spare.

@maddonis
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2020 1:42:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

as a businessman, maddonis was typically quite punctual. today was seemingly an exception.

they’d been taking advantage of the low foot traffic of the early evening, but it didn’t stop a few children from running up to the ninetales that walked at his heels. while typically maddonis might have turned his nose up at the kids, the pride he had in his new companion made him stop and allow her to be appreciated.

eventually, the two appeared around the corner. once in earshot, he smiled warmly, as though they’d known each other for much longer.
“oscar, good to see you. sorry, we got a little held up by some children.” how villainous of him. he looked up at the shop, tilting his head a touch. “this is quaint.”

the ninetales looked silently up at oscar, remembering him. the pink diamond around her neck glinted in the light of the sunset.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2020 1:46:02 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar's eyebrows raised as he spotted Maddonis, a smile erasing his previous frustrations. He chuckled at his remarks, offering his hand toward the familiar ninetails as he spoke. It was an offer to provide pets, and regardless of the fox's answer he would speak calmly. "Yes, quaint as hell. And if they want to stay that way, they'll play by our rules."

Oscar turned from the duo and took a closer look inside. Beyond the cluttered clocks in the window, Oscar could barely spy an old man happily sweeping near the counter. He chuckled at the sight, "Poor coot is just ignorant is all. He doesn't know the rules of the city, it's just our job to remind him." Oscar turned his head, so that at least one of his eyes had Maddonis in his view. 

"The job is simple, we just need this guy to subscribe to Rocket's protection services. You go in first and pretend to browse. You can chat him up if you want, just make sure he doesn't get nervous. I'll come in shortly after and provide the man my generous offer. If he refuses, some of his merchandise might get broken. Y'know, hazards. I'll leave that to you as well."

He turned back to the window, "Anyway get on in, we got time but not that much. Oh, and good to see you again." Oscar smiled and waited for Maddonis to make the first move. If all went well, this job would be a cake walk.

@maddonis
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2020 4:07:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar

the ninetails allowed the hand to smooth its fur, giving a contented sound.

oscar was a bit rough around the edges, but maddonis had decided he enjoyed his company, and his eyes. his stare remained on the man momentarily before floating back to the shop, emerald earrings glistening in the sun as his hair blew out of the way. he sighed, looking at an intricately carved grandfather clock in the window. “i do hope he listens. i’m a sucker for beautiful craftsmanship.”

he smiled warmly at oscar. “it’s good to see you too, oscar. i was hoping they would pair us up again.” he turned to start towards the door, and, not looking back, “you never did let me buy you that dinner.” the door pushed open with the dinging of a bell and maddonis shut it gingerly, politely behind him.

the clockmaker sat at a bench in the back of the shop. maddonis walked through, eyeing works with genuine interest. his family had similar pieces hanging at the estate, which he supposed were his now.

he stopped at one, caressing the rosewood lightly with his hand. “you have fine work. this one is lovely.” the craftsman jumped a little, startled out of his process and then scrambling to his feet.

“ah, yes! that one seems to be a hit.” he adjusted his spectacles and hobbled over.

“i can certainly see why. the carving is immaculate.”

the man assessed maddonis with an approving smile. “well, nice to see someone your age appreciative of this sort of thing.”

maddonis looked away and shot a haughty breath of air out of his nose. he resented being reminded of his youth; it felt condescending. he was a c.e.o. for arceus' sake. come on, oscar.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2020 1:03:25 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar stared into the window as Maddonis worked, though he wasn't watching him. He was leering into the finely crafted faces of the clocks, keeping track of the time. It was important for the shop keeper to feel secure, the higher his spirits the more they'll be crushed when shit hits the fan. Oscar couldn't wait to see his hopelessness through his tear filled eyes. It was that moment of anticipation that brought Oscar a moment of clarity, where upon he realized that he was kinda fucked up. Like holy shit maybe he should see a councilor about this--oh well until then...

A bell above the door rang as Oscar entered, bringing the old man's gaze away from Maddonis. He greeted Oscar, who responded half-heartedly as he lingered in front of the door. The old man said something to Maddonis, and during that moment of distraction Oscar locked the door. There, now this should be cut and dry. 

Oscar pretended to browse, looking over the old clocks as he made his way to the front. The old man had long since returned behind the counter, and waved as Oscar approached. "Need anything son? I'm here to help if I can." Oscar smiled to the old man, "Thanks, maybe in a bit. How long have you been carving?" The two chatted for a bit, with the old man sharing his Galar origin and presenting Oscar with some of his favorite small pieces. 

While clutching a small carved clock Oscar continued casual conversation, "So why Slateport? What drew you here?" The old man rubbed his moustache, "Well I heard this was a prosperous city. I was hoping I could earn some prosperity myself hoho!" Oscar nodded, "That's certainly true, though success brings its fair share of troubles. It could be rather unsafe here in Slateport." The man chuckled, "I heard that as well, luckily my son is a capable trainer who can protect us." Oscar raised his eyebrows, "Oh? Where is he?" Hopefully not here...

"He's just grabbing some supplies uptown, he'll be back in time for the rush don't you worry." Oscar sneered, "That's good to hear. Though, having a capable trainer on hand isn't always enough. Sometimes trouble just forces its way into your life you know? Now, my associates and I offer a service. He have taken it upon ourselves to keep the market safe from harm, for a fee from the local merchants of course. In order to keep you and your son safe, I would strongly recommend contributing to the fee.

The man seemed taken aback, not entirely sure how to respond. Eventually he spoke, "W-well that's very kind of you to offer, but like I said my son--" Oscar dropped the clock in his hand, using his boot to smash it. Any cheer left in the man's face drained. Oscar leaned into the counter, gazing into the man's shivering eyes. "How can your son protect you if he isn't here?"

Oscar turned his head to the side, looking to Maddonis. "You don't seem to comprehend your predicament good sir." This was Maddonis's cue to make the message clear: They weren't going to take no for an answer. 

@maddonis