awards
2,543 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fever pitch [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 16:32:18 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she lives in daydreams. she lives touching the skin of another, ghosts running under her fingertips, just the water beneath her, her own reflection. is that her? her eyes are slate-gray, red-amber, slit like a snake's. snake crawling through the grass, around her neck, tightening and tightening, a noose of her own making. 

moxie apologizes with a flick of her tongue. trauma does that to a creature. makes them lash out when they least expect it. 

she has two eyes, one eye, a limp that sends shudders up her spine. she doesn't yet remember walking the perimeter of the less-than-quarter-mile-slice-of-nowhere that she resides on. 

she settles into the earth, where she first made love to the only person who's ever mattered to her in this world. dirt under her fingernails, grass ripped up around her. 

she remembers her saying, "this place is a curse. nothing grows." 

so where they once lay, she razes the earth. a dragon at her side, belching flames until exhaustion overtook the both of them. smoking, salt-ridden, wet earth. the smell still burns her nose, but she rolls in it, paints her arms black with the soot-dirt, until her skin cracks and the rivulets her tears make resemble a river of blood.

she drowns herself by the shoreline, hauled by tooth and nail from the relentless waves by traitors she can't stomach to look at. they circle the island, angel sharks that won't let her do the deed she must to finally be at peace. 

she carves words into the earth and into her own skin and she ponders her continued existence. because she is a fighter by nature, despite her resistance, and she convinces herself that her own mutilation will bring her clarity. and it does, for a while--pushes away the clouds before they can suffocate her again. before she's back combing the little beach, looking for driftwood or messages in bottles. 

lyune is standing beside her when she sees a shape over the horizon. and flames pour from both their mouths, a blind sort of fury, predatory hackles rising at anyone who might take away their isle of destruction. her knuckles curl. 

aeris and sypha, sage twins who believe their master still hasn't been swallowed wholly, fully, who think there is still some chance of saving, lead this shadow to the island. 

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fever pitch [c]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2020 17:45:21 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]"it has been far too long, freya."

the shell of a person that stands before him is not who he once knew. tired, hurt, broken — this is not the freya morningstar he remembers. a subtle pain overcomes alexander as he approaches her, unwavering even in the face of a fiery threat that is her dragon.

"are you done hiding?"
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon salamence"]
[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.stone] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .stone b { color: #6c9975; font-size: 13px; } .stone u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #6c9975; font-size: 13px; } .stone a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .stone .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .stone .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .stone .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .stone .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,543 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fever pitch [c]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2020 18:39:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]it is the dragon among them that halts her fire. and lyune's tongue flicks, lost eyes unclouded for brief moments as he recognizes scent--feels healing touch, machinations on his ruined leg, a deep-seated gratitude shadowed by a feeling of irrevocable debt unbecoming of a dragon. 

his tail lashes and he shakes his head of such fantasies. such delusions. they never existed.

here is master--mother--with her teeth bared, pale white skin shining against the scorched earth. 

the being before her speaks and his words are a rough sound to her ears, and she does not want to hear it. she does not want a reminder that she is human. 

"hiding." she harks a laugh, voice strained with misuse. "living, dying, hiding. it's all the same. we can feel them coming. and there's no stopping them." her eyes narrow. she's lost her only reason to keep fighting the futile war. the others, the beasts that destroyed mossdeep with a senseless violence, will come. will come for them all. 

lyune has felt them on the wind. 

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fever pitch [c]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2020 18:50:38 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]"who are you?"

salami's tail sways against the rough ground, conjuring up clouds of sand and dust. much like his trainer, salami does not recognize the woman standing in front of them, even if her scent is familiar.

"you speak as though you know but how could you? you stopped trying. you ran. you hid. i wish i could say i knew why but i don't. all i know is this is not the freya morningstar i once knew."
[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.stone] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .stone b { color: #6c9975; font-size: 13px; } .stone u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #6c9975; font-size: 13px; } .stone a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .stone .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .stone .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .stone .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .stone .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,543 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fever pitch [c]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2020 19:14:52 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]what else would he have expected? she cocks her head to the side, shifts from side to side, sizing him up, thinking more than just about her next meal, the current waking day. 

with the future comes the past and she almost shrinks back on herself, folding like a leaf. her fingers flex. she runs her tongue along her teeth. 

"she died dashed against the rocks, died in mossdeep, died--" when she left for the last time. the words die in the back of her throat and pain knifes its way through her heart. fresh and raw and it flashes over her eyes. 

there's no hiding heartbreak. 

she twists on her heels. lyune moves eerily in sync with her as she traipses back down to the shore-side. 

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fever pitch [c]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2020 19:20:11 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]the heartbreak is familiar and perhaps that is what allows him to speak so freely. despite the bluntness, there is compassion in his words.

"then give meaning to her death."

she twists on her heels and alexander follows. no more running away.

"come home, freya."
[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,543 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fever pitch [c]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2020 19:32:55 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she has left herself to rot here. she has been surrounded by ill omens of her own making and what's left of her has leaked out through tears and blood, and yet his words stir something in her that she'd been desperately trying to forget. 

her fingers dig into her arms as she holds herself. she makes it to the shore, but no further. her knees fold and she lands in the sand with a thud, drops her hands. blood, curling skin under her fingernails, sticks to the sand as she sinks her hands into the ground. 

lyune grumbles at the smell of fresh blood. he lifts his head above freya, turns and looks over her shoulder at the man still following them. aeris follows at his heels, solemn. 

my home is gone

and then she squeezes her eyes shut and a vicious part of her, the part that told her to sink herself beneath the waves, says, how fucking pathetic. 

and she's assaulted with years of memories and the span of time between her found lost love. and she struggles against the realization that there was a before, and so there must be an after, and this voice is telling her she's so very selfish and so very nothing and what does it matter that she's lost something? hasn't everyone lost something? 

"i tried. i tried to come home. and where were you?" the accusation stings her own tongue, but she has to redirect this anger. "i went to the abbiati woman. i demanded an army to deal with this threat. and what was i met with? red tape and politics and fuck all and it wasn't enough to--" keep emma safe. keep emma with her. keep meaning in her life. 

"i say let them come. whether we die in battle or out here, alone...it won't make a difference." and somehow after months of this, the first human contact and her voice is gaining its strength and her heart is hammering in her chest and she's thinking, thinking, fighting against the current, no longer floundering. 

"leave me," she says bitterly. 

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fever pitch [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2020 10:40:20 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]her anger is misdirected — he reminds himself of this and yet it does little to quell the pang of guilt that rises. still, alexander holds strong in his resolve.

"what of your people? your dragons? your home? will you leave them to die? because i will not."

since her disappearance, the affairs of the morningstar estate had fallen to him. he makes sure the estate is well-maintained and her dragons are looked after.

"the difference is their lives. i would rather die in battle for them than rot away on an island, afraid and alone."

alexander does not leave.

"you once swore your loyalty to me. uphold it."
[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,543 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fever pitch [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2020 13:35:01 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]her dragons are around her, endless watchers. her eyes slide from alexander to the twin dragonair and her fury at their betrayal is clear on her face. but they do not shrink back. instead, they slink forward, heads lowered, soft hisses whistling through bared fangs. 

lyune grumbles lowly, hackles rising, and his tail lashes back and forth. but they continue to approach and freya steps forward. moxie, an ever-comfort around her neck, suddenly twists free and slithers across the distance between them, joining the two by alexander's side. 

i am already dead. 

the dragons that had been pacing, that had been watching from afar, start flocking to them. one by one, they stand by alexander and look down at her. lyune roars and freya holds up a hand. 

"as i said before, that woman died months ago." she swallows. "but i will do it for them." 

they have not steered her wrong before. 

and through her haze, as lyune settles beside her, still coiling, ready to strike at a moment's notice, she pieces together the meaning of what he'd said. 

"you took over the estate? what of my mother and father?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fever pitch [c]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2020 7:51:13 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]one by one, they stand by alexander. salami returns lyune's roar, uncowering even in the face of adversity. her words, along with their actions, are enough to bring a smile to his face.

"good."

salami settles into the sand, content, but remains guarded as he eyes lyune.

"healthy and well. every time i see them, they never fail to tell me how much they miss you. they want you home, too."

a pause overcomes him as the gravity of their situation settles in his mind.

"they'll be in the frontlines with me soon. i suggest you see them before then."
[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,543 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fever pitch [c]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2020 16:28:05 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]the question is still there on the tip of her tongue--why her and why now? made it quite clear that she is but one inconsequential tool in the drawer, a dulled knife pale in comparison to the sleek array of his own. 

she can't believe it's about politics anymore. she's no idea the gravity of the threat that faces hoenn, but she wasn't lying when she said she could feel it on the wind, whispering in her bones. 

her dragons have been restless. 

she picks her way delicately around him, traipsing for the ruined cabin, of which barely stands on its foundations. she has few belongings and those are kept in a small bag under her cot. she retrieves her things, draws her salamencite out gingerly. it pulses gently in her palm. 

she threads the leather wrappings around the stone into her hair, weaves braids through tangled knots, stained brown and gray from dirt and soot. 

and then she sits wearily, pats the spot by her side. "sit with me. remind me of what it's like to be in the company of a friend."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
fever pitch [c]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2020 8:41:43 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]is alexander pulling her into danger? is it selfish of him to? such thoughts are discarded — for the sake of the region, they must not be entertained. if the price of hoenn's safety are their lives, alexander will gladly pay it.

"i missed this."

this — being in the company of a friend. their friendship extends beyond alliances; it has for a while now.

"i have taken over the affairs of sootopolis, by the way. olivia abbiati is no longer in a position of power."
[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,543 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
fever pitch [c]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2020 14:21:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]he sits beside her and she is struck again by grinning ghosts. only one other person has shared this hovel with her. her thoughts stay her own, however, and she looks ahead, pondering the alien feel of another living, breathing person beside her. 

it still doesn't feel right. has she changed beyond recognition? has the damage already been done? she still dreams of fire and bloodshed, and justice has little room in her heart. 

"that's a shame," she says, lips quirking. "i was almost starting to like her." and then she sighs. "how bad is it? before i come back--and i will--you must tell me what to prepare for?" 

are you bringing me to my death, alexander stone?