prelude to an ultra uproar [o]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 7:16:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Baskerville:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,atlansteel]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
S O C I A L

[attr=class,lyric1]
top of the win

[attr=class,lyric2]
near leather feel

[attr=class,bulk]
[break][break]

The clink of glasses was a comfortable sound in the darkness of his half-slumber. Crouched over one of the booth's tables, the disheveled assistant in his $40 suit was a rather stereotypical sight for such a dive bar. Though, personally, it was rather unusual for him to sit around and drink whiskey at 1PM.[break][break]

The pastel-coloured Morpeko that had accompanied him inside, currently sitting at the bar's counter and gnawing away at all its nuts, hardly paid any attention to his trainer's internal plight. It hadn't stuffed itself with so much treats since they'd visited that mall in Lilycove. When the bar door creaked open and the room filled with bright and blinding sunlight, however, the rodent scampered away.[break]

[break]
notes: drinking at The Stray, a local bar in Rustboro

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

open

[attr=class,atlansteelcredit]
punki

[newclass=".atlansteel .accentbg"]background: #6F6874;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .accentborder"]border-color: #6F6874;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .tagline a, .atlansteel .bulk b, .atlansteel .bulk i, .atlansteelcredit a"]color: #6F6874;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .image"]background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/3FuHPKu.jpg');[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #f0f0f0; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #fff; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #fff; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 12px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #3e3e3e; font-family: 'Baskerville'; color: #fff; font-size: 14px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #fff; min-height: 33px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; text-align: justify; color: rgba(0,0,0,0.6);[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteelcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteelcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

professor o, professor oak
he/him
october 15th
littleroot
demisexual
scientific pioneer
cadet
i'll show you love like the sun, i'll spark again
awards
33 posts
ian oak DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ian
ian oak
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 10:10:15 GMT
ian oak Avatar
 with a togepi at his side. the professor entered the stray. the place reeked of booze, and who happened to be here? the league's favorite nepotized prodigal genius, "the zombie." ian spoke upon taking a seat one stool over. "so this is what you do with your second chance at life, son of casslus beckett."

as the bartender came over, ian would order, "a whiskey sour, one for me and the walking dead here!" before the bartender could depart, ian would add, "oh, and something for my pokemon here! togepi's famished too, my little ladies man. you deserve a well-earned rest!" ian cooed, speaking to togepi as if it were an adorable baby; which it was.

but back to .

"to be meeting the son of someone i had the pleasure to work with and learn from, you're really not much like your dad." though he sure did resemble him. the kid had some good genes. a total waste if you asked ian.
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 23:38:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Baskerville:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,atlansteel]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
S O C I A L

[attr=class,lyric1]
top of the win

[attr=class,lyric2]
near leather feel

[attr=class,bulk]
[break][break]

Faint murmurs of sound reached his ears, processed by the handful of brain cells still capable of comprehending human speech. One name seemed to jumpstart them immediately, however: Cassius Beckett. He roused awake, his hair a disheveled mess as he lifted his head off the counter and blinked. Wiping the drool off the corner of his mouth with his sleeve, he spoke. "Who— wha?" He muttered in reply, struggling to keep the near constant sway of the world at bay as he held onto the edge of the counter for balance.[break][break]

The stranger busied himself with ordering drinks, though, and Goodcop hopped up onto the counter shortly thereafter. The rodent squeezed itself out from under Atlan's arm and offered his inebriated trainer a half-eaten almond. Without much thought, the lad took it and ate it... then he went as far to start squishing the Morpeko's cheeks. "Mm... good mousey, soft mousey..." He grinned wide, receiving a slight growl of disapproval from his partner as he steadily began to change color.[break][break]

Thankfully, a quick BULLET SEED to the forehead proved to be enough to free itself from the man before it scampered away. Atlan rubbed at the red spot on his head as he drunkenly chuckled, folding his arms across the counter and leaning forward before turning to the stranger as he spoke. "Oh yeeeeah? Maybe (hiccup) that's a good thing." He smiled, pointing an unsteady finger at the man... then crashing it into the counter. "Who the heck are yous anyway? Y-You know my dad?" He added, brightening at the sight of their drinks.[break]

[break]
notes: fwoooosh, booosh

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,atlansteelcredit]
punki

[newclass=".atlansteel .accentbg"]background: #6F6874;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .accentborder"]border-color: #6F6874;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .tagline a, .atlansteel .bulk b, .atlansteel .bulk i, .atlansteelcredit a"]color: #6F6874;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .image"]background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/3FuHPKu.jpg');[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #f0f0f0; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #fff; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #fff; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 12px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #3e3e3e; font-family: 'Baskerville'; color: #fff; font-size: 14px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteel .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #fff; min-height: 33px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; text-align: justify; color: rgba(0,0,0,0.6);[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteelcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".atlansteelcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

professor o, professor oak
he/him
october 15th
littleroot
demisexual
scientific pioneer
cadet
i'll show you love like the sun, i'll spark again
awards
33 posts
ian oak DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ian
ian oak
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2020 1:16:38 GMT
ian oak Avatar
 "the name's ian oak, i prefer "professor o" or ian. you can pick." his drink handed to him. ian would pass togepi his plate of poffin. placing it on the ground for the child pokemon to eat. "i'm just a guy who's got an eye for the unnaturally gifted, a love for science, and a degree in coolology." reaching into his pocket and pulling out a spliff, he'd reach into his other in search of his lighter.

"you're a walkin' test subject. someone who cheated death: undead lan is what they call you." they being him. "i just wanted to see what you were like in person, and..." he'd think, the spliff held within ian's mouth as he stroked his own chin, "...you sort of have a deadbeat vibe to you, and you reek of alcohol. for a guy with his father's brain, you sure as hell do your best to make sure you're your own person." he respected that.

raising a finger he'd sign for water. undead lan here, being , could really use it. "are you worried about something, stressed? or do you want me to believe the son of a scientist is a serious alcoholic." ian would finally find his lighter. igniting the spliff and taking a casual inhale, and a soft exhale after.