august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
groundwork
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2020 22:08:47 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
mateo had come to lavaridge to getaway. the dragon tamer has been here numerous times. assisting the many farmers who lived. sometimes even using this town to rest. he was no stranger to the people of lavaridge.

currently, he using one of the farmers ranch to train. sceptile, who had been resting upon a pile of gathered hay, watched as mateo ran about shirtless. dragging a tire tied to him by a rope. the dragon master was currently working on his core, all while jabbing at the air itself. dragonite, god bless his heart, had been off frolicking with the wooloo's of the farmer's ranch. flower picking with them while ensuring there were no predators about.

after the war, as well as his conversation with noelle, it put a lot into perspective. he needed to put himself first. he needed to grow stronger as both a trainer and person. in order to get stronger, he needed to start back at the basic.

his workout went on from sundown to sunrise. eventually, the dragon master would come to tire himself out. removing the rope from around his waste, mateo proceeded to fall flat on his stomach. as he stared the partly cloudy sky, sweating from head to toe, he'd inhale deeply from his core...

a scream was then released from his gullet.

notes: open social.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
groundwork
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 5:32:21 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class", kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","pokkenger"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[break][break]
the orange of the sunrise was plenty of light for kazimir and his crew as they jogged their way around the side of the ranch. after resting at a friends house he had decided to take today to do a little bit of exercising to continue building up himself into the best self it could be as the cool morning air blasted against his bare chest. after all being a super hero with no powers wasn't easy after all, it wasn't like he could punch people through walls or trash cars with his bare hands. that's what his pokemon were for, speaking of he was quickly lapped by his urshifu who didn't even look like he was breaking a sweat. typical for the pokemon as that thing seemed to have unlimited stamina, meanwhile kaz and his kommo-o all looked on with grins on their faces as the duo took it as a challenge to try and beat the pokemon.
[break][break]
it was the sound of someone's scream that caused kaz to come to a screeching halt and look over to deeper into the ranch's field. his pokemon took notice of it too and before they could even do anything kazimir was already hopping the fence as the other two followed him. "yo! anyone hurt out her-gah!" he hadn't even noticed the guy lying on the ground among the grass before it was too late and he had tripped over the guy's body and landed flat on his face in the dirt. "ptoo! aw what the...who put that rock right there...?" the trainer groaned as he spat out dirt and grass as his body was suddenly riddled with aches.
[break][break]
not the best way to start a morning.
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: alola dragon boi

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:11px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
groundwork
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 18:17:46 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
sceptile had awoken to the commotion caused by a sudden gather. mateo, who had remained upon the ground staring into the sky above, had little interest in anything right now. his face neutral, hues narrowed. he desired for something, anything, or anyone, to end him of his continued misery.

"i'm not a rock," the dragon master stated, "i'm just a meat bag ready to end it all." having talked to noelle, he didn't feel any better. the former elite four, even after the war, didn't feel any different. what was he doing wrong? was he somehow cursed by his ancestors or something for coming to this region and leaving his home. "what's even my purpose anymore, y'know, idjit..." he wondered what his new pupil had been up to.

"and then i took on some kid as a student, for selfish reasons, thinkin' that helpin'em would get me feeling back to my old self," he'd pause to ponder on the effect, "that hasn't worked." maybe the kid should get a new role model. this one was temporarily broken. "and with the war done it's back to purposelessness..."

notes: :pog: it's pokkenger.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
groundwork
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2020 4:20:58 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class", kheader"]

[attr="class","team2"]

[break][break]
as he sat upright and crossed his legs he listened to the guy starting to go on about what sounded like some self-deprication issues. some of it felt kind of familiar to kazimir and he was reminded of being punched in the face for it. granted that probably meant that punching him in the face like kazimir was wouldn't solve the problem. not everyone liked getting punched in the face.
[break][break]
"well for one don't do that. your too handsome to lie in a ditch forever." kaz waved away that comment with a bit of dark (flattery) comedy. anything to try and lighten the mood, although he was a bit at a loss for what to say next. he wasn't exactly a mentor himself and he knew the blasted war left a lot of people with some...baggage. heavy baggage in some cases. but damn it all if he was just going to sit here and let this guy wallow in despair.
[break][break]
that's not what a hero does!
[break][break]
"well i'm sure there's a purpose out there for ya. ya just gotta find it. hell you can start by helping people out. lots of people out there need help, and heroes like that pokkenger guy can't be in lots of places at once you know." he should know, he's tried. "hoenn could always use more heroes y'know." with that he held out his hand and gave the guy a big reassuring smile on his face. "so you really gonna stay down there or do i have to pull ya up dude. cause ya could at least find a better place to wallow around in y'know."
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:11px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
groundwork
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 2:37:33 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
hero?

did hoenn really need anymore of those? the dragon tamer pondered on it for a moment. he didn't exactly have the desire to rejoin the elite four, his strength just didn't feel the same. he had a lot to fix about himself. this was his time to conduct groundwork, it was his whole reason for coming out here. "hoenn's at peace again, i'm sure it'll be fine," mateo responded.

accepting the blonde's hand, he'd allow himself to be pulled up. mateo took a moment to stare at the man, eyes narrowed as his blonde hair reminded him of someone he knew. if only he wasn't smiling would he be able to put two and two together. honestly, he did feel a little relaxed with this guy around. he wasn't sure as to why, but it was possibly due to the undistinguishable familiarity. "well, there is a spot opened on the council for league." the thought of going back to working for them didn't sound too bad, and if he asked for the position there was a chance he could take his place on the seat.

though, the thought of having to be on his ass all the time didn't really sit well with him. he had no clue as to what went on in being a council member. "can't say i see myself being on the council, honestly." this was food for thought he'd have to sort out later, "i'm guessing you're a 'pokkenger' fan or somethin'?" the mention of needing 'more heroes' sort of hinted at it.

notes: :pog: it's pokkenger.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
groundwork
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 15:29:32 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class", kheader"]

[attr="class","team2"]

[break][break]
"council eh?" kaz had zero experience in that regard. what does one even do on the council other than just...sit around an ddo a lot of office work? sounds boring. even the other guy seemed to agree that it might not be something for everyone as he even stated it might not be the position for him. sad part about that was that it was just another thing crossed off of ideas that kaz could even think of to give him. "well there's always ranger work. hoenn doesn't need to be invaded by aliens all the time for heroes." he recalls a few of the stories stormy had once shared with him whenever he asked, they were just superheros but owned by the government if he had to put it into words.
[break][break]
all this thinking about heroes did come to a halt when he was asked if he was a pokkenger fan. kazimir had to take a pause to process that he didn't just get asked if he was pokkenger, too many people knew that he was so...he was trying to stop that number from growing. "me? oh yeah kinda. i follow whatever news pops up about him. i mean the guy goes around helping whoever he can just...because. ain't that cool? kinda why i brought up the hero thing. ya don't need a reason to help folks do ya?" sure there were reasons but kazimir himself couldn't really consider expecting a reward in turn for doing a good deed to be a very good mindset to have.
[break][break]
"still like i said ya could be a ranger. plenty of small problems around the region that can always use people to help with. or...ya said ya had a student right? what the heck were you trying to teach anyway?"
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
groundwork
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 16:51:10 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
that was definitely food for thought.

"that brat," mateo murmured beneath his breath with a smile, "she's a pretty funny person." she practically did whatever he said. "she's definitely new to pokemon battling for starters." he couldn't recall too well on what he exactly wanted to teach her. "i don't think i can train her..." he pondered on the thought, "...maybe." his method wasn't exactly made for people outside of the clan.

"it's my belief i guess." turning his back on the blonde for a moment. he'd come to lean over a fence that was built to keep the ranch pokemon at bay. "she lacked confidence in herself, so i was just trying to build them up. pokemon can't perform well if you're not confident, but even so..." there was the other aspect of it, "if she became too confident then her pokemon would put too much pressure on themselves."

she may have thought his job was to make her strong, but rather, "teaching her that there's more to pokemon and being a pokemon trainer...i guess." had then been it? it sounded right, but why couldn't he say it with confidence himself? maybe that's because he was still learning just the same as her.

notes: i forgot about this open thread.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
groundwork
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 1:06:17 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class", kheader"]

[attr="class","team2"]

[break][break]
"confidence huh? yeah that's pretty important for a trainer." kazimir commented as he looked back to his own two pokemon nudging each other looking like they were just a few glares off of dropping into some kind of flexing competition with one another as his incineroar nudged his urshifu with its whole arm. "pokemon are our partners, our buddies, train with them long enough and they can pick up small things from a trainer, especially insecurity." he quickly shut his mouth as he wondered if parroting what the other guy just said would even help, then he thought about how he was talking about helping this student of his. from the sound of things it was obvious that he wasn't sure he was doing a good job of it.
[break][break]
"i thiiiiink the bigger problem here is that you don't got confidence in yourself. sounds like you jumped the gun to help someone and realized 'oh fuck i'm outta my league here' am i right? yer giving good advice to your student dude and i'm sure any more you give will help her out but why the hell should she take it from some guy that doesn't believe it himself?" he gave the man a pat on the back with a lot of force behind it to shake him awake a bit. "say. how about a battle to clear the head yeah? be a good way to know if you actually got some confidence in you, ain't that right boys?!"
[break][break]
he called to his two pokemon who understood their trainers tone enoough that he was probably going to bring them into a fight adn the two of them rushed up to the two trainers looking pumped up for one with both of them leaning hard against kazimir.
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
groundwork
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 21:57:21 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]confidence had been what he lacked, but it was mainly his trauma that ensnared it. he'd look down only to look back up, repeating, "a battle?" his hand tightly balled into a fist. he'd bite his lip, unsure of whether he was up for the challenge.

he'd look to sceptile and dragonite. cerulean hues narrowed as he contemplated it. he wasn't sure if he was up for it, he wasn't sure if they were up for it.

"i..."

sceptile stood up. dragonite following in pursuit. the pair ready to take on the world, but what of their trainer? "y-yeah, let's do it." his challenge was accepted, now how would they fair?

sometime after the battle...

"i lost." sceptile and dragonite were unconscious, but awoke moments after. wiping off the wound, they stood with a smile on their face. "we lost..." for a brief moment he wore a disheartened look, but quickly that would turn around. his frown becoming a smile, "we may have lost today, but there's always a tomorrow." that's what they wanted mateo to understand from this battle.

"the both of you understand how i feel," he'd bite his lip, "how could i be so stupid." the dragon master, for once, broke before his pokemon. reverting back to the young child he once had been. a child who could do nothing but cry. "i'm sorry for how i've been acting," he'd lean in to grab the two of them. hugging them both as though they were brothers. "this battle was what we needed, this is how we understand each other."

releasing them, he'd look to , "i couldn't have seen the answer without your help." wiping his tears, he'd look to ask, "by the way, what's your name?"

note: so because i'm lazy and don't really have the energy to write combat, i just went ahead and acted as if we did the battle. mateo lost and kazimir won, i hope that's okay! i owe you a proper battle thread next time. D: i just lazy and tend to zone out of combat these days. >__<

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]