2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 12:24:40 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the woman calmed her nerves by making use of select herbs that she had lovingly raised, prepping them to be smoked in small quantities at a time. cait suckled upon the tip of one of her carefully rolled 'treat's, inhaling deeply the reeking contents and exhaling a plume of smoke as she relished the rush of heat that quickly vanished with the breeze. she always took care to smoke outside of her cabin, aware that the scent was irritatingly potent. 

but it was well worth dealing with the chilled morning air, the sky pale and dotted lightly by thin clouds and the wind nipping at her face as her mind remained on the events that had occurred so far. the numerous losses of property and life were far more severe than she had realized, the reports she had scanned over forcing her to confront that this particular conflict wouldn't come to an end anytime soon. 

so she needed moments like these; where she could unwind and allow the tension to slip from her body as she allowed a high to take over. additionally, her newfound perspective following her encounter in mauville causing her to reach out, which had led her to contacting both stormy silph and fernando silph. it had felt like an age since she had last spoken to the pair and she wanted to - at the very least - try to contact them on a semi-frequent basis.

so she leaned on the front door of her cabin, peering skyward - the woman aware of the time and that the eldest silph was bound to show. the coordinates she had provided were indeed accurate, after all, her humble abode buried within the depths of a great forest. 

[ time - 7:40 am ]  

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 10:00:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Tch.

Traversing the wilderness has never been an issue for Silph. Conquering any obstacle, organic or otherwise, is a coming of age for the Silph. For him, the hike is refreshing, however the self-imposed challenge of remaining discrete and not disturbing the wildlife makes it more tedious than it should. Laying havoc to Foretree’s topography would be child’s play but it would undoubtedly sour the carefully cultivated relationship he’s made with Hoenn’s residential green thumb.

Alfric,” his call of acknowledgement comes from the distance, his head peering out from the underbrush as his body grows larger the closer he gets. “You could have called.” Despite their time apart, Fernando carries the same tone of voice, serious with a lack of any emotional stake one way or another. However, a small, real smile lips between his lips.

You look well.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 10:42:02 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

there's a warm flush that comes with his simplistic greeting, the feeling overwhelmingly familiar. her genuine adoration for fernando wasn't entirely dissimilar to the range of emotions she felt for . though she viewed the man more so as a mentor and a leader as opposed to a close friend and a sibling. so she greeted him with a bubbly air about her, her partial high infecting her smile. 

"you too, sir."

cait offered him a once over, considering him in full. he appeared well enough, not at all adversely effected - in a physical sense - by the recent conflict. there was no limp nor obvious injuries to be taken note of, to her relief. 

"
and my apologies for the radio silence. i've been distracted as of late.

she snuffed out her half-finished joint, pocketing the remainder.

"
i'd invite you in, but i have someone over. and he's sleeping.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 11:17:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Indeed. We handled things well.

Fernando’s nose crinkles at the smell. Proximity allows him to recognize the odor and his appreciation for certain hobbies goes awry. Patience keeps him from commenting on it but Cait puts it out soon enough.

No worries,” he reassures, straightening his posture as he stands beside her, averting his gaze to the morning’s skyline. “I told you take your time to adjust. I’m just glad we could rely on you when it counted.

He pauses.

Thank you Alfric.

He glances at the door to her cabin but doesn’t dare intrude. His smile dies a little and turns into one of curiosity. “Someone special?” Last time he had checked in, her date had been a woman. Couple that with the recollection of Kim and Fernando’s not sure what, or who, to expect.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 11:30:25 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

there's a wry look in her eye as she responds to his inquiry, her tone of voice taking on a conspiratorial edge.

"my future baby daddy, if things play out just right."

cait stamps down on that urge to gush about her newfound crush, vaguely reminded of how kim cole had done the same when he had mentioned his significant other. 

"
i'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things with work and all," she said, sounding mildly hopeful. "now that i'm settled."

with there being a lot on the line - now more than ever - she had reignited her desire to train and improve. additionally, cait
 was somewhat impatient to begin whatever tasks he'd be willing to hand out, her nature as a workaholic causing that itch to return in full.

"
how have you been, by the by?"  

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 10:37:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Few things can cause Fernando to snap his own neck. With the quickness he displays in whirling his gaze back to her, you’d think this was one of them. “You’re pregnant?” he asks in a loud yet hushed tone. He eyes her from head to toe and then back up once over, breaking out in an uneasy smile.

Well congratulations, Alfric. It’s a bit sudden for me but I’m happy for you.

He sighs, rolling his neck in place, averting eye contact.

I’ve been fine. A little beat up, a little stressed, but same old, same old.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 11:54:59 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait nearly choked on her own spit, her eyes round with alarm as fernando misconstrued her words. there was a nervous edge to her laughter, her head shaking from side to side.

"no, sir," she said. "
you misunderstand. that's a little farther down the line. in a few years, at the very least - and when i'm married."

once that was cleared up, she'd decide to shift the conversation to another topic that was worthy of conversation.

"
are you going to alexander's funeral?"

she honestly wondered how the councilman had taken the loss of their former champion.  

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 12:00:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Ah.

Well that makes more sense. Planned pregnancy beats the alternative but even that eludes his understanding. It’s her terminology that throws him off and he catches himself with a relieved calmness. “Well, it looks like you have your future charted out already.

He pauses.

Good for you.

The subject switches and Fernando continues to avert eye contact. This time the reason is multi-faceted. It feels more difficult to answer when he’s not lying but his words still carry the matter-of-fact tone.

Indeed. I’ve been to several memorials of varying degrees. If I don’t make it to the official one I’ll be at some League related ceremony for him.

An answer to her questions begets another one.

And you, Alfric?

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 12:08:54 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i'll attend for stormy's sake," she responded, plainly.

there was an apathy that layered her tone, cait's shrug signifying this well enough.

"
but not for his. i never really forgave that man. and him being dead doesn't change that."

it was rare that she clung onto her anger, especially since it directly opposed her religious doctrine. but her affection for fernando's sister prevented her from simply nudging it aside. 

"
i've picked out a place we could take our battle."

she'd beckon him with a wave of her hand, making her way at a steady pace down the nearest path that cut through a heavily wooded area. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 12:17:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] “Ah.

The thought never crossed his mind, half due to the sudden rush of events, half due to his own carelessness. Fernando bites his bottom lip in consideration as he catches himself slipping on such a hard to miss detail.

Forgive him for what exactly?

He has an inkling but he wants to hear it from her own mouth. Despite Cait’s stance, Fernando obstinately objects. From what he’s heard, Stone made the right choice. It’s what came after that proved he was a fuck up.

Oh. I should warn you, I’ve brought my A-game, Alfric.

Fernando follows leisurely, enjoying the morning walk. It’s the last peace he’ll feel before the descend into madness. After all, there are few trainers that can push him the way Mauville’s signature Gym Leader can.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 12:30:08 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"for abandoning stormy, of course."

fernando had more than glimpsed her connection to his adopted sibling, the first time he'd seen them interact having occurred in the cramped space of an elevator; where the former gym leader had crooned softly to the teary-eyed woman.

"
but i suppose 'breaking off their engagement' would be a more appropriate term for it."

she'd grant the man a sly look, excited to see what he'd tackle her with.

"
so have i," she responded, her green lips spread wide. "more time to train nowadays. i'm not on par with the elite four. but after seeing stormy - and witnessing types like - i've become a little inspired to get on their level."

the wooded area would grow increasingly sparse, a small herd of stantler, deerling and gogoat rushing past a short distance away. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 23:24:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Indeed."

Fernando does not share the same sympathies for his sister. Anyone with a lick of hindsight could've foretold Alexander's rejection. It comes with the territory of both the high class and wealthy elite. However, he doesn't dare disparage her in front of Cait. Not when their own personal relationship lays on the line.

"I wish I could say the same." Wherein Cait knows the boundaries of her burn-out level Fernando remains adamant about having no such limit. It bears into his personal time and more importantly his own training. But he makes up for that with a blank check.

"Gym Challenges are the only time my Pokemon get any real training. That being said, I have gotten my hands on some very powerful Pokemon. I can't wait to show you what they can do."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 0:42:11 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i've been experimenting a fair amount since i retired."

beforehand, she'd been limited by her own rules that tied up her creative freedoms. it was actually quite liberating.

"
after leaving i began to thoroughly research team compositions. that and i've been acquiring pokemon that can more easily fit a certain mold."

she chattered on about how open territory had done wonders for her personal collection of pokemon. without the need to control their breeding cycles, the creatures whom she reigned over had produced capable offspring in abundance. additionally, she'd obtained pokemon in sizeable quantities from the wilds that performed passably well.

"
now that i'm not strictly confined to a gym setting - i found that i have far more room for personal growth."

cait led him to a glade, the untrimmed grass beneath their feet covered in a fresh morning dew.

"
ready?

she'd place her hand upon her hip, her grin eager - excited. there was six pokeballs attached to her belt, the woman having clearly prepped for the battle.

"
it'll be a traditional six - on - six. one pokemon out at a time. we recall anyone on our team who can no longer battle."

cait took her place, her fingers prodding at the first pokeball that had been set. a nidoking appeared, thumping his plated chest with curled fists as he manifested in a flash of light.

"
you're welcome to start."

https://www.pokencyclopedia.info/sprites/gen3/ani_emerald/ani_e_034.gif

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 7:20:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Indeed.

Fernando flirts his hand against his belt, plucking a Pokeball that had served him well in Meteor Falls. A click of the center button expands it to fit within the palm of his hand. Another releases the Pokemon inside.

Zygarde 10%.

Battle routine set.

The canine growls in compliance, well adjusted to the commands by now, formulating its own plan in tackling the herculean beast in front of it.

Execute!

At his word, the Zygarde GLARES at the opposing Nidoking. The immense pressure put off by the Legendary Pokemon is enough to PARALYZE even the mightiest of foes. Observance from a distance allows the Pokemon to register the other’s actions ahead of time. It may not be familiar with the Nidoking but it understands combat.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
phytotherapy [ private]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 11:25:58 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait and nidoking are rightfully taken aback by the sight of the downgraded god, the former due to her vague recollection of its identity and the latter due to his unfamiliarity with the creature. but they say nothing, celebi's avatar inwardly acknowledging that fernando had indeed acquired a powerful roster.

and so it didn't surprise her when nidoking found himself locked in a glare, the hulking creature twitching slightly as the muscles and flesh beneath his armor twitched and spasmed.

'let us be thankful that excessive movement is no longer necessary.'

"earth power," she said, her voice kept soft.

his clawed fist is slammed into the earth; the strike is measured. the formerly beautiful glade is undone, the earth splitting and jutting upwards. fernando and zygarde's view of the nidoking is obscured, thick chunks of ragged earth erected all around the pokemon and thoroughly covering cait's side of the field. the attack wielded as a defensive measure as the poison-type male goes to one knee, his eyes falling shut as he felt his body lock in place.