8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TURNCOAT
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 1:27:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Please come in."

The request for an audience doesn't lead to Fernando's office or much less League Headquarters. Not for something of this magnitude. Instead, his guest is directed to the Slateport Gym, prepared with ample staff should an emergency call arise. Under the guise of an intense Exhibition Match, several worker man their stations, stealing looks at their phones when left alone, grateful to cash in on an effortless paycheck.

Reports from all warfronts trickle in at different paces. Some members pride themselves on their pristine reports, showcasing their writing skills by with vivid descriptions that transplant him directly on the scene. Others lack the most basic details, something Fernando tries to give them the benefit of the doubt on, attributing it to their own lack of education, laziness, or a shared distaste for paper work.

The fact , one of their most senior Gym Leaders, had hidden such secrets from the League for almost a year is a red flag in itself. But that's only the tip of the iceberg. There's no doubt he's the only one. Several list find their place on his notebook and Katherine's the newest addition.

In the center of the Gym's blueprint is a saferoom designated for Fernando's own protection. It's no bigger than a small office, windowless with several thick panels making up the inner-wall. If it wasn't for an outside speaker being wired to a small intercom on his table, the room would be soundproof as well. It's by no mean impervious to someone with an agenda for destruction but it's been outfitted enough to be a pain in the ass for anyone trying to spy and remain discrete.

Two scotch glasses and an unopened bottle of expensive whisky sit on the otherwise empty table. Fernando gestures at the other seat, notepad in hand, pen laced between his fingers.

And there cannot be one without the other. Tapu Fini resides behind him, tucked into its shell, filling the room with a low hanging MISTY TERRAIN which scents the room with a fruity, tropical smell.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
TURNCOAT
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 10:48:56 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]

The councilman’s invitation doesn’t come as a surprise.

Katherine was expecting to hear from him, but she imagined that their next meeting will be at the League’s Headquarters, with the Silph surrounded by people who are practically begging to be led. She preferred this. It’d be easier to lie with a straight face to one person rather than a whole group.

Kat is led by a nameless, less-important secretary of Fernando who she’d never seen before. Maybe the rumors are true, maybe he does replace them every month. But regardless of that fact, the gym leader continues to keep up appearances, adorning a dry smile until she’s left alone.

The door isn’t opened for her, but Fernando’s call beckons her in.

“Councilman,” He is greeted with a slightly more sincere expression, the smile persisting. “You called?”

She doesn’t halt before claiming her seat, but there’s a slight delay when she notices the Tapu at the Silph’s side. Naturally, she reveres it. And despite not being greeted, the deity equally shares the hold on Katherine’s attention with its avatar.

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"]

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #7a737e; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TURNCOAT
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 6:50:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Indeed. Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to meet with me.

Everything is cordial at first. Scout out the other’s temperature and work your way in from there. Manners beget manners and unlike , Katherine brings a much more amiable temperament to the table. That’s why he opens up the discussion with liquor.

Would you like a drink?

Regardless of her answer, Fernando needs a pick me up to truly work his magic. Handling the bottle is easier than it appears due to the metal screw top. It almost betrays the whisky’s price tag, with corks being more common place among higher brands, but Fernando knows this and picks out his brew accordingly. Having issues uncorking would destroy the flow of their interaction immediately, something he calculates and plans against.

He pours one glass immediately, weighing out a little under two shots worth.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
TURNCOAT
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 23:15:28 GMT

The same soft, not entirely sincere but also not traditionally fake, smile continues to dance upon the woman’s lips, widening ever so slightly at the sound of Fernando’s offer.

“Yes, please. I’ll have whatever you’re having.”

Her eyes never lift from him nor do they stray away to glance at the bottle, they’re locked upon the councilman along with her undivided attention. He is deemed worthy of it, which is more than she can say about the other league officials she’d met.

Once the drink is poured, Katherine retrieves the glass and brings it to her lips - first to inhale the aroma of whisky and only then does she take a sip. It slides down without any hints of struggle, flowing smoothly.

“It’s good.”

A compliment at first, and then she continues, “But I am sure you didn’t ask me to come all the way here just for a drink, Fernando.” She cuts to the chase, obviously, because beating around the bush isn’t a common theme for her.

“How may I help you, councilman?”

notes:

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #7a737e; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TURNCOAT
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 4:43:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Only the best for such an esteemed guest.

And, for the most part, he’s not lying. Something as simple as a cordial drink is a trap set within itself. Not because it’s poisoned but because of the connotation that comes with it.

As Hoenn’s residential alcoholic, Fernando knows his tolerance and is confident enough to go toe-to-toe with the worst of them. With being the only person he can reliably count on as a worthy rival, debatably able to outdrink him in raw volume, he’s hedging his money that he’ll outlast Katherine. Which, only comes into play should either party decide to indulge.

Refusing to drink in excess is fine and openly encouraged. So how does he get her to commit?

Whisky.

For most, four shots is enough to hit where it hurts. It won’t be enough to spill over, but depending on how much they’ve eaten and how quickly it’s ingested, it’s a decent threshold to make anyone drunk. Getting them to drink that much isn’t an issue as long as the volume is hidden. Expensive whisky is easy to swallow, lacking the bite of cheaper liquor, and absence of ice makes the scotch glass easy to betray how much is really poured out. It measures out to less than two inches but the volume is there.

And, pleased with her acceptance, Fernando raises his glass toward her, nodding before taking his own sip.

So, I’ll be frank. I appreciate your help and your service to the League during these trying times. However, as reports are written, processed, and reviewed, several members of the League have voiced their open concerns regarding some of the details pertaining to your involvement.

He chooses his words carefully, having rehearsed some common lines earlier, but his eyes don’t mince words. They remain on her, looking for any fleeting movement, trying to crack what he’s not sure is there.

His own trust in Katherine is open to debate. He suspects something but not due to the reports nor any tells she may have given. He suspects her because he suspects everyone.

had squandered his trust in Gym Leaders and now he holds all of them accountable.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
TURNCOAT
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2020 13:16:43 GMT

“Ah. So it’s about .”

Katherine doesn’t sound surprised, but a hint of disappointment could be discerned in her tone. She expected this interrogation to take place one way or another, but she’d envisioned it differently. Less of a one versus one conversation, no alcohol, and an audience of people to judge and scrutinize every move she makes and every word she utters behind a two-way mirror.

This was more pleasant, but maybe that was the Silph's goal. Keeping her at ease seemed smart— like the type of move he'd consider.

However, getting her drunk would prove to be more difficult than he’d expected. She has her fair share of experience, but most importantly, she knows when to stop. The size of the glass doesn’t go unnoticed, but it earns no reaction from the gym leader.

She knows better than to judge things based on size alone.

“What have you heard then, councilman? You and I both know that there are two sides to any story, and it’s best that you hear mine before asking your questions.”

Not that she minds answering any, of course. She wouldn’t have shown up if she thought that she’d fail.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TURNCOAT
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 20:27:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Ah. I actually haven’t read ’s report yet.” Half-lie, half-true. “I tend to start with the least important or least detailed and work my way up. The more I trust them the more I have to scrutinize the details. Understandably, some people are better with documentation than others.

The words of people who have proven themselves weigh heavier than newbies or low-ranking individuals who cannot differentiate their left from their right. Even those who leave out obvious details, such as and are treated in higher regard. It’s what they don’t write that Fernando has to discern and interpret, often times not realizing it at all until it conflicts with someone else’s. Trusting people becomes easier when you can parse through the lies with accountability.

That’s why Silph prefers to run them through his Porygons. Cila has proven invaluable in these endeavors.

But what I have heard is intriguing. Multiple witnesses have claimed that an Ultra Beast has been fighting on behalf of the League in Mauville. The same species as the one in Slateport and suspected to be at Littleroot—

He takes a sip, smiling through the rim of his glass.

—with heavy implication that it belongs to you.

Mimicking the same gesture as , Fernando curls his fingers together, planting his elbows on the table while leaning in.

I’d love to hear your personal recollection. From the beginning.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
TURNCOAT
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 23:09:18 GMT

“I see.”

So the foundation hasn’t been laid yet. Fernando, Katherine assumes, only knows of the basic details. What everyone had seen. The only bias that influences his mind is his own. It means that as it stands, Mauville’s gym leader only has one person to convince rather than several.

“Yes.” She confirms, pausing for the sole purpose of tasting more of the expensive whiskey. After all, it’s not every day that Fernando Silph calls you for a day drink. She intended to relish this.

“It does belong to me.”

There’s a hint of pride in the way her smile turns slightly more upright, as if having just revealed a set of winning cards in a game of poker. This is her Royal Flush. She despised the clown’s appearance (and antics), sure, but the power it held could not be underestimated.

The events in Mauville proved that much.

“Right. Well, the beginning was… Less eventful, I suppose. I believe it was Lane who got to the van first, and then a bunch of us joined. I think we all wanted to ensure that it wasn’t destroyed— which we failed at.”

Not a fun experience, staying in a vehicle that was uprooted from the road it’d been driving on.

“We all went our separate ways afterward. The Guzzlord was still there, and no one wanted to stay near it. I asked someone, who I doubt you’ve met, to give me a ride on his Corviknight. He’d been to my gym a couple of times, so I knew he wouldn’t refuse.”

Katherine allows herself another brief pause, sipping on a bit more of the whiskey in her glass.

“Jules Cotillard revealed himself around the same time. He had some weird cubes with him, and it seemed as if he was heading for the power plant.”

Then, things took a strange turn. When she decided to tear a hole into space with her clown.

“I haven’t tried it before, the… Whole wormhole thing. I wasn’t sure if my Blacephalon was capable of creating a stable one.”

It’s hard not to get flustered when alcohol is involved, a man who’s as attractive as Fernando is sitting in front of her, and the image of Giratina floods her mind again. It’s a complete recipe for disaster. These ingredients bunched together manage to concoct a one particular, blushing, Katherine Fairburne.

“However, it did. We needed an edge. We needed to reach the powerplant first. But Lane felt the need to follow after me, for whatever reason.” Her smile fades away, hand curling into a tight fist. She wants to curse, but she won’t. She can still restrain herself. “He partially managed to stop Blacephalon. I am not sure how, but he did it. The attack didn’t reach its mark - so it failed to deal with the aliens in time.”

She stops here, now. In case Fernando had questions he’d like answered before she continues.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TURNCOAT
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 23:31:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The moment she confirmed the Ultra Beast is the moment he darts for the pen. The small theatrics of twirling it between his fingers comes to an end the moment it touches paper, scribbling in sloppy handwriting several details, compounding as Katherine expands her story.

`blace ub kathy`

`lucas van ++ ppl`

`ppl sep w guzz`

`?? offered ride corvi gym challenger`

`jules + cubes - pplant`

`blace wormhole`

The foundation of her skin shifts and Fernando attributes it to the alcohol. He would have never expected her as a light-weight, much less someone with an alcoholic flush, but he’s too enthralled to really react or say anything about it. Against her expression is his stoic concentration, eyes narrowing at specific details, looking for contradictions.

`wormhole works`

`lane follows kathy`

Her reaction does not go amiss. He doesn’t record it explicitly, unsure how self-aware his subject is but even this gets added to his notes.

`lane follows kathy VV`

`lane stop blace?`

`attack no good? ll or blace?`

Her exposition comes to a close and Fernando is fraught with questions. There’s so many details to nitpick but where does he start? Common sense says start again from the start but that can be filled out by others. The mention of Lucas Lane and several other variables is the biggest part of contention and something he expects to conflict. Better to flush those out now and see how much they align later.

Do you have a name for your Gym Challenger? If they’ve visited you multiple times you should be able to pick them out from a line-up, no?

That’s one question but he doesn’t stop to give her time to respond. The next one comes out of the queue fresh, expecting a more detailed explanation all at once.

Why did Lane want to stop Blacephalon? And when you said the attack didn’t reach its mark, who’s attack? What attack?

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
TURNCOAT
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2020 0:20:02 GMT

“Patrick.”

For a brief while, Katherine appears to be thinking of the man’s last name as if she didn’t recall it. Her eyes close as she attempts to mouth the name, and then, it hits her. “Cavalli. Patrick Cavalli.”

His other questions are answered immediately afterward, leaving her little time to think but enough to pick from what she’d practiced already at home.

“I don’t know. I mean, I think he’s an idiot. He jumped to conclusions and probably assumed that I was on their side.” Which would have been understandable, if he had done it to anyone else. But since they were done to her, she held those actions in a higher regard and considered them to be no less than sins the scientist had committed.

“Blacephalon’s attack. The explosion. I wanted it to detonate its head and deal with Jules while we still can. We could’ve avoided the destruction that that enormous creature brought if Lane hadn’t stopped my pokemon.”

Or so she claims. In reality, who knows what would’ve happened?

Regardless of any follow-up questions the Silph may have had, Katherine continues. She’ll answer more later.

“Lane managed to stop the explosion without the aid of a Pokemon, from what I saw. Blacephalon took a pretty nasty hit from its own attack, so it fainted. Then, inside the wormhole, he started attacking us.”

By us, she doesn’t mean just her and her pokemon. She means Patrick as well.

“Patrick followed the both of us into the wormhole. If I had to guess, he wanted to make sure that we were alright or at least find out what was going on. Lane… He, uhm.”

Another pause, but this time, it’s not one that the gym leader takes in order to drink.

“This is where things got weird, I suppose. Lane’s attacks were… Either his pokemon were invisible,” Which was a possibility, but one she doubted, “Or there was something else. All I know is that he was moving his hands and directing whatever was trying to assault us inside the wormhole.”

Once more, Katherine reaches a halt and allows Fernando to ask questions. She figured he'd have more by now.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TURNCOAT
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 4:48:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Oh? Cavalli? Small world.

Fernando writes the name down as well. Although their interactions have been brief, his role in both the Pokeathlon and Pokemon Contest have been thorough enough for Fernando to commit the name to memory. Silph Co. should still have his paystub as well, something he can double back to if needed.

Hmm.” The comment about their Head Scientist is a subject of conflict for one and he let’s it pass while he mulls his own response. The man might be quirky in his own way, yes, but the League’s image among its colleagues need to be one of trust. It’s already bad enough they’ve recently lost due to her injuries.

is one of the brightest minds to have ever graced the region. His discoveries and research has been paramount to our administration’s few and infrequent successes. I’m sure he has his reasons.

He jolts down something else this time and the word is indistinguishable.

But I’ll inquire on this as well.

`blace attack prevented.`

`lane has counter measure?`

Attacking you? Did he recognize it was you?

The story takes an interesting turn and his trust in either party falters between nothingness. Sure, Katherine gives him a personal testimony, which makes it come off stronger, but Lane’s tenure with the League establishes Fernando’s benefit of the doubt.

`cavally 3rd witness`

So something you couldn’t see. Interesting.

His notes eventually fill up the space and Fernando flips onto a new page. His timing is impeccable as his questions deviate into another topic.

So, tell me about Blacephalon. The fact you have it and none of us knew is what I assume is the source of everyone’s nervousness. They still attribute that Pokemon with Slateport and Littleroot.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
TURNCOAT
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 5:12:48 GMT

“He knew it was me.”

Katherine confirms. When she blinks, it takes her eyes a moment longer than usual to open, a particular image appearing to soothe her a bit, but only momentarily. The more she thinks about it, the more that familiar fury threatens to break through and consume her whole once more.

She wants to be back at her apartment so she can throw something, preferably something that can break, at the wall. Alas, she’s here, and the only comfort she finds is in her glass.

“Is it?”

She feigns innocence, but not stupidly. After all, Fernando wasn’t one to fall for something so simple.

“Plenty of people have been keeping secrets, from what I’ve been able to tell.”

Groudon. Kyle’s dogs.

“However, I do understand the concern, councilman. I shared it as well. Hell, I still do. After I read about what happened to that poor girl, , I felt like I’d be an idiot to trust that thing.”

And yet, she kept it. She had no intention to give it away or to get rid of it.

“It listens to me.” Whether if it’s reassuring enough or not, however, is up for debate. ”I know that official protocol states that I should’ve reported its existence as soon as I encountered it, but…”

But who does follow that protocol?

“I didn’t want to hand it away without understanding it first.” Call it greed, call it selfishness, whatever it is - it fit Katherine like a glove.

“I heard once that power is taken, never given.” Perhaps it’s a bit too on the nose to recite these words before Fernando in particular, but she does it anyway. ”I believed that this is power for the league. It still is. And I think that you’d agree.”

The subject changed, but she wasn’t done with her tale.

Not yet.

“I wasn’t finished about Mauville, sir. There’s still more.”

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TURNCOAT
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 5:55:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Withholding information from the League as an organization is one thing; understandably, some people are better left in the dark. However, holding secrets from me is another thing and a mistake high ranking officials have learned to avoid.

His correction lacks the same bite from his exchange with Alexei. There’s no reason to accuse her now, not when she’s starting to unwind and show her playing hand. However, it still needs to be stated to establish accountability. He’s said his piece and now he expects her to abide by it.

He stops writing and sets down both pen and paper. Against his better judgement, Fernando kills his glass, grimacing at his own illusionary doubt before unplugging the wires to the room’s intercom. He sets it down a few inches away, neatly aligned to the socket, before picking his notebook back up.

You’re a Gym Leader, Fairburne. We grant clemency where deserved, and, admittedly, sometimes where it isn’t. However, we need trust, whether it be me or .

Orion’s name is left off for less than obvious reasons. His own trust in the councilman is second to none but only Kim has proven themselves thus far. The same could be said for Dahlia but her absence and wide acceptance of others causes Fernando to distrust her out of a concern of naivety. Kim is the only one who gossips with him frequent enough for Silph to rely on.

But gossip is only as good as the contents. That goes double for Katherine’s little quote. It catches him by surprise and Fernando scoffs, amused. Their taste in authors match up but that’s the most he’ll get out of her. The fact she’s both eloquent and not outright stupid proves too capable for his taste. It’s both attractive and dangerous — a dangerous mix that’s bitten him in the ass far too many times for him to let it happen again.

His guard is up but nothing on the outside shows any signs. In fact, he seems to loosen up as his shoulders untense. Small particles of MISTY TERRAIN spread from the opening of both pant’s legs, nothing more than glitter saturating the existing terrain laid out by his Tapu Fini’s presence.

My apologies. Go on, Miss Fairburne.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
TURNCOAT
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 22:17:20 GMT

“You are right.”

Katherine is certain that he doesn’t need to hear it from her or from anybody else, but she says it anyway.

“I won’t make the same mistake again, councilman. You have my word.”

She, too, nearly reached the bottom of her glass. And while it certainly put her in a good mood and even helped take down some of her defenses, she’s not outright drunk just yet.

In fact, she was prepared for this exact scenario.

Countless nights in Hoenn’s best (and cheapest) establishments taught her a thing or two and helped build this fortitude in her body. If cheap whiskey did anything good to her, then it was this. She wouldn't lose herself after one glass, regardless of its abnormal size.

“We weren’t alone inside the wormhole.”

She couldn’t help but wonder if Fernando guessed so already.

“I presume that you’re familiar with the tale of creation. Arceus, Sinnoh - all of that.” A man in his rank couldn’t possibly not know of it, after all. “Two pokemon were created to control both time and space, and a third, who was banished to a different world.”

Air is rushed to her lungs, a deep breath taken.

“Giratina.”

Kat’s composure is nearly lost and she almost shudders, but when she exhales, she’s back in absolute control.

”It was there. It was upset with us intruding on it, so it attacked and made sure that we left.” Her eyes close again, and she doesn’t bother opening them so quickly. No, she opts to indulge herself in imagining the legendary’s image - their encounter. It’s magnificent as always.

“That’s when we all left and arrived back in Mauville, where Lane attacked again.” Katherine eventually, after the longest pause to have occurred yet, continues.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TURNCOAT
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2020 20:50:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]She had been correct in stopping him short in his investigation.

The advent of the creation trio changes everything. Groudon had been bad enough but to involve Pokemon that have control over the laws of physics? The whole situation implodes upon itself and Fernando can feel his temple pulse at his immediate thoughts. They may lay low for now but the region has been trending downward for the span of the past couple of years. He can only imagine what lies beyond the horizon.

Giratina.

Just repeating the name causes a cold sweat to bead against his nape. Just how many preventative measures would he have to invest in to combat such a beast. And, should he prepare now even though the plan for containing Groudon has yet to reach completion? Dividing his attention now would result in being inadequately prepared for either threat but he can’t put one disaster over the other.

Interesting.

It’s the only answer he can give while mulling over her confession. It goes without saying, Fernando fills his glass once more, reaching for her own to top her off.

Well, hopefully, the three of you didn’t make a bad impression on it. We’ve already had our hands full with one set of invaders.

Despite being the one doing the least talking, the whisky can’t sooth his parchment soon enough.

Anything else in regards to Mauville?