awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
the first death is in the heart
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 13:00:27 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic closes his eyes and pretends that the sockets don’t feel like they’re filled with cotton. he picked the main conference room. he called them both in. he has a penchant for theatrics and, sometimes, it shows.

the table - unmarred, polished mahogany - stretches in front of dominic, empty but for the neat stack of pages and folders, bookmarked and highlighted appropriately. dominic is standing, leaning against declan’s empty chair at the head of the table; truthfully, the boss’ presence is felt even in his absence. even that is intentional.

when the door clicks open, dominic nonchalantly drops his phone on top of the papers and watches, gaze sharp and expression impassive. after a moment, he’ll jerk his head toward the chairs - both an invitation and a demand for the men to sit.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,759 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 13:40:02 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin enters the room with a characteristically guarded air, dark shadows under his eyelids betraying a lack of sleep. Even still, sharp eyes note the absence of Walsh, then settle on Dominic's silhouette leaning against the boss' chair.

Gavin does not sit. He stands to the left of his counterpart and gestures to the arrangement of files, frowning.

"What's all this, then?"

Absently, Gavin wishes he'd had a smoke before entering the room. It took a measure of patience to deal with Dominic, and his own was wearing thin. He could only hope Marcel would make up the difference.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 13:55:38 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]
re: social‒ ⛶ ✕

[attr="class","body"]marcel had learnt some years ago that first impressions count, and the lesson has stuck with him since. he enters a room, and crafts himself from there. where gavin is guarded, marcel simply looks bland.
[break][break]
instinct bleeds away as marcel settles into his company, he returns to himself and slowly pulls out a chair. gavin's question hangs in the air a moment; marcel's eyes go back to the papers. dominic would speak, with or without an invitation.

[newclass=.marcel .contain]width:400px; height:auto; border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header]width:380px; height:20px; background:url(https://i.imgur.com/OI5fH3m.png); padding:12px 10px 8px 10px; vertical-align:middle; font-size:8px; font-weight;bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header table]width:380px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header a]color:#979797!important;letter-spacing:0.5px;text-transform:lowercase!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body]width:auto; height:auto; padding:30px 35px; text-align:justify; font-size:7pt; letter-spacing:0.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body b]color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body a]filter:grayscale(5%); text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body img]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body hr]border:none;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box]margin-top:15px; width:50px; height:50px; border:none; background-color:#2b2b2b; box-shadow:none; border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797; font-family:verdana; font-size:14px; margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team img]width:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 14:33:08 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic inclines his head sideways for a moment to send his underboss counterpart a side-long glance - both quizzical and mildly amused - and then steps around declan’s chair to take a seat for himself.

pulling the stack of papers toward him, dominic’s gaze rests steadily on his colleagues, the ghost of a half-actualised smirk flitting across his features briefly. "no need to get so testy yet, gav," he drawls, blasé. "i want to talk about mauville."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,759 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 14:48:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Even as Marcel wordlessly takes a seat and Dominic levels him with a questioning look, Gavin doesn't falter. It's not until the situation is explained — Mauville, of course it was about Mauville — that he curls his foot around a leg of the nearest chair and draws it toward himself. Sitting down was dangerous in his exhausted state, thanks to the overwhelming urge to lay his head down and pass out like he was still in high-school.

He doesn't. He props an elbow on the table, instead, leaning his weight against his hand.

"Could've said as much." Maybe he had. It had been Gavin's assistant who passed the message onto him, rousing him at his desk. "Gave my reports to Marcel. They in there?"

He thumbs toward the stack of papers.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 14:56:48 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]the conversation passes over him; marcel knows he asks too much when he hopes it would stay this way. as the papers shift, his eyes shift to the underboss for a moment before falling back to the stack.
[break][break]
"they should be," he says, for the sake of speaking; because he feels he needs to make his presence known, before they drag it out of him.

[newclass=.marcel .contain]width:400px; height:auto; border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header]width:380px; height:20px; background:url(https://i.imgur.com/OI5fH3m.png); padding:12px 10px 8px 10px; vertical-align:middle; font-size:8px; font-weight;bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header a]color:#979797!important;letter-spacing:0.5px;text-transform:lowercase!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body]width:auto; height:auto; padding:30px 35px; text-align:justify; font-size:7pt; letter-spacing:0.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body a]filter:grayscale(5%); text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body img]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body hr]border:none;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box]margin-top:15px; width:50px; height:50px; border:none; background-color:#2b2b2b; box-shadow:none; border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797; font-family:verdana; font-size:14px; margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 1:03:37 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 "yeah, yeah, yeah," dominic says in quick, uninterested dismissal. he read both their accounts, he read those of practically everyone from the newest and most inexperienced grunt all the way up the ladder; there is, it turns out, little to do on the submarine during the nocturnal hours for those that don’t crave sleep.

when taken in summation, the picture illustrated is the same as what he remembers in photographic clarity. dominic understands the whats and hows and whens, but motivation is what eludes him. he fixes an unblinking, steady stare on gavin.

"why the fuck did you go into a wormhole? what were you thinking, exactly?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,759 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 15:23:48 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
To his credit, Gavin does not sigh or roll his eyes. Instead, he fixes his tired stare on Dominic and blinks, slowly.

"We make reports for a reason, you know." How many times, now, had Gavin justified himself to others? Too many, he thinks, and the weight of exhaustion is suffocating. "But, fine, I'll repeat myself: there wasn't time to think. Katherine jumped into a wormhole and someone followed her, so I followed them to make sure she got out safe."

He does not look at Marcel, but his stomach squirms as he remembers their argument. He could only hope they wouldn't gang up on him.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 19:00:29 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]dominic's questions fall like guillotine blades, though some part of marcel had known to expect this. he doesn't need to look up to gauge gavin's reaction—the underboss' tone carries even through his exhaustion.
[break][break]for a moment, marcel wonders where to keep his gaze. his eyes follow the direction of the conversation: first, to gavin, then back to dominic.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 1:46:37 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 "i can read," dominic says coolly, arching an eyebrow as he taps fingertips across the pages. there’s no mockery in his voice when he speaks, only something sharp and cold. "it doesn’t say why you abandoned your primary task - and the rest of us - for the sake of one individual. there wasn’t time to think isn’t good enough."

dominic tilts his chin up, his narrow-eyed gaze turning scrutinising as he takes in the hints of gavin’s exhaustion; he takes it as weakness. in truth, this is almost boring. dominic finds his gaze sliding over to marcel. "you need to pick better friends. maybe ones that won’t leave you behind in burning car wrecks or under assault from artificial pokemon."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,759 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 15:42:28 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
In his younger years, Gavin would have taken Dominic's words as bait, fired back. Can you? I hadn't noticed.

Now, he simply ignores them.

"I was unaware you couldn't take care of yourselves without me," is the first hint of his sarcastic vitriol, though muted. "I was in Mauville of my own volition, not on orders. I had no 'primary task', Dominic."

His original plan had been to head for the power plant. It was fitting, in a horribly humorous sort of way, that he'd ended up there regardless.

"Drago was there to airlift others." He'd been relieved to find the man alive, afterward. "Marcel had his Gardevoir, but if he'd needed a lift he was welcome to join me. Any of you were. Katherine tagged along with me, not the other way around, and that 'one individual' was considered one of our key assets in infiltrating the League."