[googlefont=Montserrat:700,700i|Open+Sans:400,400i,700]

[newclass=.angelonfire] --aofAccent:#008000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar img] animation-play-state:running!important;[/newclass]

[attr="class","angelonfire"]
[attr="class","aofSidebar"]

tag

[attr="class","aofBody"]

she didn't want to be here. [break][break]

she didn't think that she would be here. she didn't want to be here. hands shaking, clutching a fist as nails dig into the palm of her hand. she couldn't bring herself to drive herself, only having the energy to get up early for the sake of dressing herself in the appropriate attire. there was a part of her that wanted to get this over with, and there was a part of her who didn't want to come at all. she could run away, couldn't she? a third time. she could run from hoenn a third time, leaving devon to another management. she never liked the business. she never liked doing business to begin with, but obligation was going to eat at her (it always ate at her, skinning her alive to drag her back in, kicking and screaming). [break][break]

even when she wanted to run, her feet wouldn't let her. there was no one else who could take her responsibility off her shoulders, anymore. [break][break]

after the death of her father, she had wished to never revisit an event like this. at least, not so soon. at the doors of the home, leading into the chapel, she hesitates. her fingers curl, the words are already threatening to clog themselves up in the lump of her throat. [break][break]

(she wanted to scream. she wanted to cry; she never even gave herself that chance finding her brother's corpse, washed up in the sands, nor even when she was going to the hospital, anxiously waiting for the announcement she dreaded.) [break][break]

a weight on her shoulders, she pushed through the doors. there were crowds of people, ranging from the funeral home employees to devon's, all gathered with occasional chatter before the proper ceremony. the casket remained opened, flowers scattered to decorate the irreversible injuries of a dead man's corpse. at the very least, there was an attempt to restore him such that he could look at peace when presented in an open casket. daphne walks past it, clad in a suit as she forces herself to move. [break][break]

it was time to properly greet some of the guests at the entrance, with something of a small smile. after all, she wasn't supposed to be throwing her grief onto others when they first walk through the door.

i FINALLY MADE IT HGXHAJDKA

[attr="class","aofCredit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.angelonfire] width:575px; border-radius:5px; background-color:#eee; overflow:hidden; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar] width:200px; background-color:#5a5a5a; background-color:var(--aofAccent); display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar img] width:100px; height:100px; position:absolute; z-index:1; padding:5px; background-color:#fafafa; border:10px solid #333; border-radius:100%; animation: aofpulse 5s infinite; animation-play-state:paused; } @keyframes aofpulse { 0% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); } 50% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); } 100% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); }[/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar div:last-child] display:block; width:190px; overflow-wrap: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; text-align:left; position:absolute; bottom:-5px; left:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar div:last-child a] font:700 30px/25px montserrat; font-style:italic; text-transform:lowercase; color:#fafafa!important; text-shadow:-1px -1px 0 #333, 1px -1px 0 #333, -1px 1px 0 #333, 1px 1px 0 #333; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar:before] content:''; position:absolute; width:100%; height:500px; bottom:0px; left:0px; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/mZ7zmp/1_by_Cold_Love98_1_copy.png); opacity:.15; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody] width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody b] font:700 10px montserrat; color:var(--aofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody i] color:#999; border-bottom:1px solid var(--aofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody div:first-child] width:272px; min-height:125px; margin:25px 25px 0px 25px; padding:0px 25px; border-left:1px solid #ddd; border-right:1px solid #ddd; font:400 10px open sans; text-align:justify; color:#6a6a6a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody div:last-child] width:325px; text-align:justify; font:400 10px open sans; color:#aaa; padding:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofCredit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:500px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofCredit a] font:bold 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
mortality
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 20:46:55 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

This was an experience she could have safely never had, Kaida thought. [break][break]

She couldn't even say she was truly friends with the man, they had trained for danger together, and that was all she could dare to say. Friends were closer than that, she thought, and so she crushed down her encroaching, bitter sadness down into the pit of her stomach. Another failure to take on her back, she had promised to protect him. [break][break]

She feels a stranger as she walks in, resisting the urge to show her teeth as she can swear that nobody looked like her...tugging on her sleeves and walking stiffly. Her first funeral, and she knows that she looks the part. [break][break]

And she stops. Away from the casket, not daring to look within. Her stomach hurts and, not for the first time today, she wishes she brought her team. If she didn't worry about showing the proper respect to the man personally, she would have no doubt brought everyone. [break][break]

The faces are strange, and she recognizes Daphne only on the basis of her proximity, the fact she was the only person not looking serious or sad...the smile was fake, she hoped, there was no way one could be happy here. "Greetings." She mumbles, bowing her head before continuing, "I...I'll be quiet during this, I promise." She wasn't going to fill the air with her words when she should have prevented this entire event.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Funeral thread.

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
mortality
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 18:56:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Alexander Stone had been many things.

To the League, as an organization, he had been an irreplaceable colleague and once upon a time, their Champion.

To League members, he served as both a mentor and a friend. Someone with a kind soul that was open to carrying the weight of others so they could improve together.

To the people of Hoenn, he served as an icon as one of the region’s highest profile celebrities. While not everyone may have carried about the Elite, it goes without saying that many hearts were buried with grief and sympathizes when his father died. Losing the second Devon CEO in such a short time frame lines the funeral home with those who recognize the Devon’s contributions to the region.

But, to Fernando Silph, Alexander is nothing more than a pain in the ass. His naivety had caused the two to feud in words and with political plays but unlike Silph, Megalopolan’s show no mercy. It goes without saying that Fernando feels some semblance of loss, undoubtedly recognizing the man’s skill and capabilities, but the grudge runs deep. Just like how Stone had the gall to step into the Silph household and fuck his sisters, so too will Fernando fuck him back.

Fernando says nothing as he passes through along with the many that line the reception hall. The most acknowledgement he shows is a small bow, eyes cast onto the floor and otherwise devoid of his usual scrutiny. Today is not a day to bicker or bite back, but one to allow those affected to wallow without end.

Being the bigger (and alive) man gains him more brownie points than showing up to cause a scene. And, unlike someone, Fernando understands tact. It’s just business, after all.

The only time Fernando returns anyone’s eye contact is when his line of sight crosses with Daphne and Kaida. His frown is heavy and he gives them both a small nod in accordance with their loss. Not unlike the others, Fernando approaches the casket, maintaining a small amount of distance, unwilling to look at the dressed corpse decorated with soldier honors.

This had been a mistake.

But not for him.

Being this close to Alexander’s dead body is enough for Fernando to get what he came for.

Unknown to death, nor known to life.

The pull he has works invisible to the human eye. The only reason Fernando knows is because he can feel it in his soul. Devon Corp may not be his, not yet, anyway, but Alexander Stone is.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
mortality
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 20:03:36 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait had nestled herself someplace in the background, seated and quiet as she peered through her dark veil at the casket. the spirit contained within had long since fled, the empty flesh which remained having been meticulously cleaned, stitched up and dressed. it made for a sad sight indeed to see someone so young make haste to join arceus's side; but who was she to question her god's will?

his death had made for unexpected news when she had initially received it, her mind shifting instantaneously toward . after all, she was abundantly aware of the woman's fondness for the man who had abandoned her in his final years. and she wondered if his death had served as comeuppance for what she personally perceived to be a terrible sin.

her gaze settles upon his sister, who was visibly struggling to keep herself together. she felt sympathy for the woman's plight and her loss. it was always a shame to lose family - or those whom you cherished and adored in equal measure. had it been who had been laying there, she'd have been a weeping and inconsolable mess; unable to cope - unable to process - her mind wavering. 

'and it could have just as easily been ,' she thought.

there it was.

that sadness that she needed to feel. she clung onto it, allowing it to cause her eyes to sting so that her grieving appeared authentic. all she had to do was imagine someone else resting in that casket - still and cold and utterly lifeless. and so she dabbed at her eyes, pleased to see that her handkerchief had come back visibly damp.

she resisted the urge to smile.

and so when it was finally her turn to approach the casket, she'd give a little sniffle and dip her head as she peered down at his face. 

"i'll keep her safe," she said, her voice below that of a whisper as her look transitions into a glare. "
and i'll be the ally that he looks to. because you most certainly cannot. may your journey to arceus's domain be a good one, stone."

cait made a sign upon her chest and turned away.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
mortality
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 20:20:11 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Unlike many others dressed in their funeral best, Orion had hardly known Alexander Stone. They were colleagues, and their interactions had been amicable, but Orion feels like a stranger as he approaches the motionless figure of the former councilman.

They never do look like they're sleeping.

He pays his respects in silence, head bowed. He had barely known Stone, but he had watched him die.

I'm sorry I didn't come back for you. Everything had happened too fast, between the Buzzwole behind and Silvally ahead. It could have been his own funeral if he'd doubled back, but there was no way to be certain enough to discard guilt. At least we won.

His death... all of the death, would not be in vain.

Orion steps aside to let the next mourner find their peace. His gaze finds in the crowd and he offers a somber nod.
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
mortality
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 19:33:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Sanvi hadn’t even known the man lying in the casket today, but she had been nearby at the time of his death. It didn’t feel right to not show up, and so she’d made an appearance of her own, dressed in a simple black dress and gloves, eyes downcast as she looked at just how many people had gathered. Another pang of guilt hit her as she approached the coffin, maintaining a respectable distance as she looked down. “I’m sorry I couldn’t help you,” she’d whisper, voice barely coming out from how quiet it was. “We won, though. We lost a lot, but we managed to protect the region in the end.” She said, casting a look at the man in the coffin.

Shaking her head, she turned to walk away, instead settling into a corner to wait. She didn’t know any of these people, but her guilt pushed her to stay. Another death she couldn’t prevent. With her Salamence,it had been unexpected. Nothing could have prepared her for that. But even with the buzzword chasing her, she could have tried to help this man. She knew losses were inevitable, in war. She didn’t, however, expect the death of someone she didn’t know to hurt her so much.
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
mortality
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 22:16:07 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Death had claimed many in the three days of warfare waged on Hoenn by the Megalopolan Forces. Among them was the previous champion of the League, before his abrupt disappearance from Hoenn, Alexander Stone. The only son of the late Harold Stone, Alexander Stone had sacrificed himself in the defense of Hoenn, as did his predecessor, Tahlia Bosch.

Thomas' interactions with the fallen Devon Corp. CEO were few, but memorable. The first one was a failed attempt at working out a deal to come together in aiding the Hoenn Region with armaments. A difference in opinion prevented them from coming together to bring in firearms and other supplies to combat Rocket. Thomas believed that arming and training the people of Hoenn was necessary, while Alexander didn't want to risk such arms falling into Rocket's hands, despite the fact that the group had already been long since armed. Despite this, Thomas understood the man's perspective, and respected him.

The second encounter was a Gym Battle in Verdanturf, after Rocket had seemingly disbanded, and Thomas had just taken the post. This was right before the former Champion had abdicated his throne, and disappeared from Hoenn. The battle itself was a good battle, and had taught Thomas much, allowing the new Gym Leader to refine his craft, and better himself for challengers. He too could only hope that Alexander learned from the battle, and used it to improve while he could.

Thomas, clad in a suit, walked through the building, silently taking notice to those there. Thomas would greet the sister of the fallen Devon with a respectful nod. "Ms. Stone.", he would greet her briefly, but respectfully. The last time they had met, it had been at Harold's funeral, no doubt. Otherwise, he had taken notice of , , , and .

He would quietly wait his turn in line, before getting one last look at his fallen ally. He would close his eyes mournfully, reflecting on what brought them there, and wishing that he and his father could reunite in the afterlife, before stepping aside, and allowing the next person to view the body.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
mortality
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 22:38:50 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
funeral thread

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy's presence here is modest and she does her best to keep it that way. The man that lies in the casket brings her pain and heartache. She isn't strong enough to gaze upon his pale face, to bless him, to say goodbye.[break][break]

So she remains on the fringes, sucking in her breath so that she might not cry. Her respects are paid in silence and she speaks and interacts with no one. [break][break]

In fact, the woman leaves early to catch her breath outside, where the smell of grief and sadness won't drown her.[break][break]

It's a shame she's already drowning.[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
mortality
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 1:52:40 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Approaching the doors the redhead ranger caught sight of something that froze him in his tracks. What was it called when a firestorm shed tears?

He'd only met once, and she was as charming as she was good-looking. An escort assignment to take her home to Kanto he got to know her in the most shallow sense of the phrase. Her appearance and grace made her stand out from others but what Sénon had remembered about her the most was just how human she was.

What's more was Jakka ( ) was quite fond of her and anyone who charmed his boy was someone not to be forgotten.

Seeing her here and now fighting against her own emotions, hiding from them even, it only reinforced the human being he'd gotten to know a bit on a post-war boat ride. "You're not going to let them close the casket without saying goodbye are you?" It was only his assumption that she hadn't gone to face him directly given she was out here, having a moment.

He was late to the funeral, but he wasn't that late.

He fixed his tie as he frowned at her. "Miss Silph?"

● tags:

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
mortality
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 4:17:42 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
funeral thread

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
When Senon approaches, the woman hastily wipes away fresh tears with the backside of her thumbs. They stain her cheeks regardless, however, and no amount of forced smiling will defend her. The lump in her throat is the final straw as she forces herself to respond, as if thinking that by answering she might appear to be holding herself together.[break][break]

She wasn't.[break][break]

"I-- I can't."[break][break]

Saying goodbye meant that it was real, and that she really would never see him again. She sucks in a breath, eyes welling with tears a moment before she breaks eyes contact to swallow. Her hands ball into fists and she struggles to control her rapid breathing, her body threatening to spill over.[break][break]

He says her name and she shakes her head, unable to respond.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
mortality
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 6:24:43 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Why is she alone out here?

Well of course she was alone out here because she wanted to get and to be, away from everyone. He understood why. Rumor had it the former champion had shared more with this one of the Elite Four than a few high-stakes pokémon battles. Thinking back on it, it wasn't even part of the rumor she was among the 4 when Stone had bested them. Only that he and Stormy had been an item but that it came to an end long before he did.

Seeing her all busted up like this just cemented it.

She was gridlocked and running out of time. If she couldn't face seeing him in the casket she might not forgive herself for it. Back to 'why is she alone out here?' She should have had people in her corner to have worked her past this part. Maybe they were inside still paying their respects. Maybe Stormy had sneaked off to fight this particular battle alone.

Regardless her grief was eating her alive and even at the risk of being of over-familiar, he did what felt right.

He engulfed her in a hug, her nose poking him just below the chest. "Tell me, tell me what you didn't get to tell him." He stroked her back hoping to tear down her emotional walls so that she could begin to heal.

He held up his pinkie as a reminder of the one promise he'd already made her, an unspoken gesture that he could keep a secret.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
mortality
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2020 1:21:35 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
funeral thread

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Cait had tried to bring her comfort- and it had worked, but it had been temporary. Stormy wasn't a fool, after all; she knew how Cait had felt about the man and she had never been shy about it. She had put on a brave face and feigned strength in the face of her best friend for the sake of putting a smile on the womman's face. She had pulled herself together in her arms and told herself that she would be okay.[break][break]

The Stormy that stood outside the funeral hall now was not the same one that had told Cait she would be okay.[break][break]

And she absolutely had snuck off to fight this battle alone, she had just done a poor job of being discreet about it. She hadn't wanted anyone to see her like this, because no one else was acting like this. No one else except perhaps Daphne was this broken up about his death. They could stare into his casket with a face full of grief, but it was a drop in the ocean compared to how much she had loved him.[break][break]

Stormy moves to wipe another slipped tear from her cheek when Senon pushes past her bubble. It bursts as he pulls her into a hug and the woman's body tenses immediately, unresponsive. Her mind is blank as his warm curls around her and his palm strokes between her shoulder blades. There is a rage that bubbles in her for a moment at how bold he had been, but she finds herself unable to comprehend what it is she's thinking. [break][break]

And then the world seems to stop for a moment when she catches his raised pinkie. Tears well up in her eyes and she grits her teeth, the lump in her throat painful as she fights the sob building up. It's giving her a headache, one that won't go away with a couple Tylenol.[break][break]

Her anger dies in her chest as she gives in, though she still stands stiff in his arms. She rests her forehead against his chest, shoulders trembling as she allows her tears to flow freely through clenched teeth.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
mortality
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2020 1:55:48 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

And so it was with grief, one could not be compelled to feel it or be done feeling it beyond their own time table.

He'd grieved for Alexander Stone. Not in any way personal but in every way professional. A man no older than Sénon himself who achieved so much in rings and realms where he himself had failed. He gave his life to defend Lilycove and to defend the world, but he'd given it so needlessly.

It was in poor taste to think ill of the dead but if thinking ill of poor planning and bad action sent him to hell, he'd gladly sit in the spot they saved him.

He gave them a warning it was coming, and they all had been lucky he'd even noticed its approach thanks to his Nincada. He urged them to stick together and attack as one. To face it and not to flee. He wasn't some established gym leader, nor a champion of the region or anyone noteworthy in the league on reputation alone but he had skill and insight. The moment that thing smacked himself and his Salamence out of the sky, they all just tried to get away.

Flying fish couldn't outpace a falcon any more than a man could outpace a car.

He couldn't shake the feeling that if they had listened, if they had maintained their defenses and fought, Stone wouldn't have died, one of those Buzzwole wouldn't have escaped and neither Daphne inside nor Stormy outside would be falling to pieces right now.

"Don't hold it back." He removed the pocket square from his suit unfolding it for Stormy to carefully dry her eyes with. "For him or for yourself." There was no telling when she would stop, that had to be on her time.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
mortality
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2020 4:05:32 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
funeral thread

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Her mind is awash with grief, anger, pain. It makes her sick, and Senon manages to be the only thing grounding her in the moment. At some point her hands ball the fabric of his shirt into her fists as she leans into him, her body instinctively seeking comfort despite her prior stiffness.[break][break]

It helps, too, that Senon is offering her a pocket square and mumbling to her to let it out. She shakes her head against his chest, a silent plea.[break][break]

"I want to tell him-- tell him I'm sorry."[break][break]

For pushing too hard, for pushing him away, for being angry, for everything that had gone wrong with their relationship.[break][break]

It hurt, oh God it hurt.[break][break]

She sobs now, openly, staining the mans shirt and leaving her heart bare for him to see. The woman notices too late how tightly she's holding onto him, and she begins to detach, instead opting to cover her face with her hands.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
mortality
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2020 3:25:38 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

It dawned on him why black was the attire for funerals, aside from the obvious motif of black being a color as grim as death was grim as a concept.

He coaxed her into letting her grievances air out. Only repeating himself once.

"So tell him." It was an awkward suggestion; to say your final goodbyes to someone who was already gone, but surely it was because he was already gone that something inside of her would have given every ounce of her power for a chance to tell him how she felt.

It was best he could do beyond offering up his body as a vessel for Stone to possess.

With arms around her to comfort and a heart unwilling to judge maybe she could get the words out now, while everything was still fresh.

"Tell him while your heart still needs it to be said." He tightened his grip around her remembering the somber pains of crying out unrequited truths to the ones he'd lost.

"He might even be listening." It never felt like it in the moment but helped to get it out and he'd always felt better than he had bottling it up.

● tags:
● notes: