thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
spotlight [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 14:47:08 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Days like these, Gavin misses his Castform.

Sun beats relentlessly down on Route 111, and it's not the first time Gavin has found himself taking pause. While not as bad as the desert or Fiery Path nearby, the climate here will never be to his taste. Fallarbor, at least, found relief thanks to the barrier of volcanic ash.

"I ought to teach you Rain Dance," he grumbles to his Greninja, who scuttles along the cliff. The amphibian is wholly unsympathetic.
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon greninja shiny"]
[break]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
spotlight [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 0:32:11 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
duo wild - fire / rock

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"Just take off all your clothes."[break][break]

Stormy bursts into laughter immediately after saying so, slapping her knee. She isn't entirely sure why it's so funny, but she's laughing anyway. Wiping a tear from her eye, she approaches slowly with a lingering smirk across her face.[break][break]

"But really, I'm sure taking off a layer or two might help. What'd you expect, a snowstorm in the middle of this barren wasteland?"[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
spotlight [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 2:38:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PONYTA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLASH FIRE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STOMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FIRE BLAST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]INFERNO
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAGCARGO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MAGMA ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHELL SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK THROW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CLEAR SMOG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LAVA PLUME
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
spotlight [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 13:32:19 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Excuse me?"

Sounding more confused than affronted, Gavin turns to confront the speaker — she elapses into a fit of laughter, and his guarded posture abates. It's not until she composes herself and continues that he recognizes her. He laughs, softly, and shakes his head.

"Not a snowstorm, Miss Silph, merely a winter that lives up to the name." It's unfortunate, really, that he can't take her advice; should he remove any more layers, he'd reveal more than he cared to. "I suppose an expert in fire-types is used to this kind of heat."

As if on cue, two such fire-types reveal themselves. Though far from the regal dual-type of his homeland, the Ponyta offers a touch of nostalgia nevertheless. Greninja responds to his signal with a flurry of water shurikens that quickly douse the horse's flames. As he crouches down to tap it with a Pokeball, he's surprised to find it lacks the horn well-known of its Galarian counterpart.
[break]
// CATCH PONYTA
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
spotlight [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 22:30:58 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
duo wild - fire / rock

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy snorts, clearly amused by the confusion she is met with. At least he wasn't insulted-- that'd be awkward. [break][break]

But he appears to already know who she is, and she tilts her head to watch him. She couldn't say the same in return, but she had never really been good at retaining names or matching them to faces. [break][break]

"I'm also wearing hardly any clothes."[break][break]

She shrugs, glancing down at her thin tank top and shorts. Sure, it revealed every inch of the scars that marred perfect skin, but she had never been shy. There was nothing about her that she was ashamed of or embarrassed by. The silver scars she bore were tribute to her hardships and how she had overcome them.[break][break]

However, her attention is soon pulled by two fire-types approaching them. The man's Greninja douses the flames of the Ponyta with ease, and he moves to capture it without hesitation. Stormy opts to do the same with the Magcargo, except it comes in the form of her Donphan coming out of nowhere to trample the Magcargo into the ground. The Pokemon doesn't see it coming, and Stormy tosses a Pokeball to confirm the capture.[break][break]

"Have we met before?"[break][break]

capture attempt on magcargo[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
spotlight [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 8:02:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BARBARACLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SNIPER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SKULL BASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WITHDRAW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CHIMCHAR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BLAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TORMENT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FIRE SPIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLACK OFF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
spotlight [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2020 17:59:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
She is dressed light in comparison; it's a detail he'd noticed, but paid little mind to. He had eyes only for one.

Gavin hums at the question, pretending to give it thought though he's well aware of the answer. "No, I don't believe so, though it's possible we ran a course or two during the Pokeathalon. I don't remember half the people I met there — but yours is a hard face to forget."

He'd known her even as a gym leader, for Gavin paid close attention to movement within the League's public ranks. First it had been curiosity, now it was necessity to keep tabs on his enemies.

"Patrick Cavalli," he offers, carefully sidestepping as his Greninja bursts from the shadows to sneak up on its prey. "Pleasure to meet you."

As it had been slacking off before the amphibian had made its move, the poor Chimchar hadn't stood a chance.

Gavin taps its slumped form with a ball.
[break]
// CATCH CHIMCHAR

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
spotlight [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 0:21:05 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
duo wild - fire / rock

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"Oh god, it's ugly."[break][break]

Stormy points at the odd assortment of stone and barnacles just behind the Chimchar. It seemed to have literally crawled out of the bottom of a.. cave, or something.[break][break]

Her attention snaps back to the man who is presently answering her question, and the woman tilts her head, purses her lips, and hums thoughtfully. [break][break]

"The Pokeathlon... yes-- maybe that's it. You have a familiar face, too, but I'm afraid I can't put a name to it."[break][break]

She smiles warmly, her attention holding his for a moment longer. But, of course, the hideous Barbaracle behind them was pressing closer. Her nose wrinkles in distaste. Cavalli side-steps and she moves with him in tandem, watching as the Greninja takes off after a Chimchar.[break][break]

Her own Pokemon races back around, trampling the strange assortment of rock beneath her feet. Tire tread marks are left indented in the Pokemon's back, and Stormy blinks as she tosses a Pokeball at it. It would make excellent fodder.[break][break]

"Cavalli, huh?"[break][break]

capture attempt on barbaracle[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
spotlight [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 6:16:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SIZZLIPEDE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAME WHEEL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SMOKESCREEN

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ONIX APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ROCK HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]IRON TAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DIG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK POLISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BIND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BLOCK

[break]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
spotlight [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 2:04:21 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin shifts his attention to the Barbaracle, his scrunched expression suggesting a similar distaste. At least the abominations that were Galarian fossil Pokemon had some sort of twisted charm... this thing was just plain hideous.

"I spent a good deal of time with your brother during that summer. Real slave driver, that one." There's humour in his tone. "But I do owe a few of my placements to his diligence."

He would not accredit Silph for all of his victory; he'd put in a hell of an effort, after all. But Fernando had fronted the money and the equipment for their team, and had pushed them when they were ready to give in, so he had to offer some appreciation.

An Onix bursts from the packed earth; Gavin whistles for Greninja and gestures to it.

"Patrick's fine," he insists, flicking his wrist and scrunching his nose as a cloud of dust is sent up by Onix's fallen form. It stains the white of his suit, but he'd been planning a trip to the cleaner's regardless. Idly, he remarks, "I have to wonder if this aggression is due to the Ultra Beast poisons..."

He waits to ensure Onix is unconscious before attempting capture, not wanting to be crushed by its boulders.

[break]
// CATCH ONIX
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
spotlight [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 18:13:49 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
duo wild - fire / rock

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"He likes to win."[break][break]

Stormy shrugs, a sympathetic half-smile pressed into her lips. She flashes teeth briefly before her attention shifts to the rumble beneath their feet. Slowly, realization sets in and she takes a step back just as the earth splits in front of them. Donphan is knocked aside in the explosion and takes a moment to get back on her feet.[break][break]

In fact, it takes the effort of Stormy jogging over to her to physically help flip her. And when she does, she gasps in surprise as a squished and dazed Sizzlipede lays beneath. There is a tire-print imprint pressed in the earth around it, stamping the poor thing into the ground with force. Donphan trumpets, indifferent, as she moves on. Stormy captures the winded bug, shaking her head.[break][break]

"I don't know... they don't seem to be tainted or-- well, they're not purple. I wonder if they're just defensive and afraid, lashing out at anything unfamiliar in general."[break][break]

capture attempt on sizzlipede[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
spotlight [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2020 4:29:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CHIMCHAR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAME WHEEL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TORMENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAUNT

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LITWICK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEX
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PAIN SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]OVERHEAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHADOW BALL

[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
spotlight [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 5:14:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]THE CHIMCHAR FLEES!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAME WHEEL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TORMENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAUNT

[attr="class","wildnote"] BOTH OF YOU RECEIVE 10 PD!