[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]
[attr="class","euterpe2"]
[attr="class","euterpetop"]

[attr="class","euterpeline"]

[attr="class","euterpeicon"][attr="class","ion-leaf"]

[attr="class","euterpepost"]

Their reconstruction had unearthed something.[break][break]

In the rolling dunes, Bailey Cooper had withdrawn her Legendary and opted to travel by foot; she was trekking lone over the dunes and into the slants, where the wind stripped down to bare rock, and exposed what hid underneath.[break][break]

Ruins. She could identify that these rocks were man-made, just by their shape and how they were arranged.[break][break]

She searched through her bag, retrieving a long flashlight that was no longer than her index finger. It was the type of trinket someone would carry on their keychain—not for the stretching caverns that lingered before her.[break][break]

Zubats fled from the entrance, spooked by the thin beam her torch emitted.[break][break]

She stood, unfazed by the torrent of their wings. “...Echo!”[break][break]

Her shout would be greeted by the return of her voice, just to confirm how deep the ruins went.[break][break]

And, for a brief moment, she would smile to herself.[break][break]

An outpost of League personnel was stationed nearby; they had been documenting her post-war reconstruction with Groudon, and the Champion felt that they were soon to arrive to question where she had gone.

[attr="class","euterpetag"]open

[attr="class","euterpenotes"]

ruin raiders

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.euterpe]border-left:solid 5px #2E2E2E;background-color:#252525;color:#757575;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;width:374px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpe2]border:solid 1px #363636;border-left:none;padding:39px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop]height:70px;margin-bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop div]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:4px;border:solid 1px #2E2E2E;background-color:#252525;margin-right:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop img]height:60px;width:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeline]border-top:double 3px #2E2E2E;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeicon]background-color:#252525;font-size:20px;color:#757575;width:40px;text-align:center;margin:-12px auto 0px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;width:150px;text-align:center;margin:-5px auto 0px auto;background-color:#252525;text-transform:uppercase;color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;color:#363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost]padding:25px 0px;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost b]color:#e6a930;line-height:10px;font-weight:bold;font-size:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpenotes]color:#757575;padding-top:25px;font-size:10px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,831 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
somber is the sarsen [o]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 4:48:59 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Polo!" Came the (inappropriate) response- not from deep within the ancient, spooky ruins, but somewhere a couple of dozen to hundred meters away.

The steps could barely be heard over the strong winds and whipping sands, but even a lazy look over the shoulder would grant the Champion sight of her incoming new companion.

A straw hat totting, school uniform wearing youth struggling to share the limited space within a water bubble with a Dewpider.

A pair of goggles were slung around his neck, going unused as he slowly trudged his way through the sand up to her, before immediately collapsing to his knees and trying to roll onto his back- stopped short by his own backpack.

He cursed under his breath at this.

His potty mouth was interrupted by a fit of dry coughing, his frame quaking as he banged his fist against his chest, before little spider leapt in front of him and reared back, slapping her water bubble onto his face with a solid slap.

A moment later, the youth pulled back, gasping for air but thankfully through the fit, his face an angry, throbbing red.

He finally managed to force himself to sit, leaning his weight against his packed backpack as he craned back his head to look up at the woman who's playfulness earlier might very well have saved his life.

"Yowhat'sup?" He managed to croak out while looking up at her, pausing to squint his eyes. A slight hint of recognition flickered in and out of his eyes- as if he recognized her face but couldn't quite place who she was.

"You must be pretty famous, lady. I don't keep up with the news at all these days, with how shit everything is; but I can recognize your face. Can't quite place from where or what, tho..." he said in a mumble, brows furrowing slightly.

Before he shrugged it off anyway.

"Ah, whatever. Mind if I stick with you for a bit? By which I mean, until we get out of this desert? I turned out to be, uh... a lot less prepared than I thought I was."

Understatement.

WATER BUBBLE/ BUBBLEBEAM | AQUA RING | SOAK | ENTRAINMENT | BUG BITE | HEADBUTTTECHNICIAN / SWORD'S DANCE | WING ATTACK | FURY CUTTER | VACUUM WAVE | AGILITY | DOUBLE TEAMSWARM / STRUGGLE BUGSTURDY/ ROCK SLIDE | SLASH | X-SCISSOR | STEALTH ROCKUNNERVE / ELECTRO WEB | AGILITY | ELECTRO BALL | GASTRO ACID | THUNDER WAVE | BUG BITEFLAME BODY / STRUGGLE BUG | FLAME WHEEL | SCREECH | STRING SHOT | AMNESIA | LEECH LIFE
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
somber is the sarsen [o]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2020 7:16:51 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]

She almost jumped out of her own skin.[break][break]

The Champion, half-filled with an urge to reach for her belt, only paused when she caught sight of the straw-hat. It was what she initially registered—for some reason, it had stood out far more than the features of this unexpected guest.[break][break]

His croak, and further strain from the sand, was enough to make her snort.[break][break]

She regretted it.[break][break]

Tasting and spitting sand, Bailey would have to use an arm as a shield to stop the sudden updraft.[break][break]

“Yo!” She would greet in return, disarmed in that simple moment of bafflement. Her subsequent cough proving she had also fallen victim to the torrent.[break][break]

But, that discomfort was easily forgotten.[break][break]

Because, if only for a moment, she could transition to an old-mindset. Like brushing away cobwebs, Bailey sought to retrieve an old fraction of herself, who would have been more than pleased at this encounter.[break][break]

“I mean, I dunno. Guess people know me? Kinda weird, to be honest,” but, still rusty, she knew her smile was not in full-force.[break][break]

“Sure. You can stick around. More the merrier, or some shit.” A pokeball was finally retrieved, releasing a Solrock that floated in an almost absent-minded fashion.[break][break]

“But, only after I comb this place for goodies,” and with that departing remark, the Champion would descend into the depths of the ruins.[break][break]

And, maybe, this could be something to lighten her mood.

[attr="class","euterpetag"]

ruin raiders

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.euterpe]border-left:solid 5px #2E2E2E;background-color:#252525;color:#757575;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;width:374px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpe2]border:solid 1px #363636;border-left:none;padding:39px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop div]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:4px;border:solid 1px #2E2E2E;background-color:#252525;margin-right:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeicon]background-color:#252525;font-size:20px;color:#757575;width:40px;text-align:center;margin:-12px auto 0px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;width:150px;text-align:center;margin:-5px auto 0px auto;background-color:#252525;text-transform:uppercase;color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;color:#363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost b]color:#e6a930;line-height:10px;font-weight:bold;font-size:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpenotes]color:#757575;padding-top:25px;font-size:10px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,831 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
somber is the sarsen [o]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2020 1:30:49 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

She was cool, he realized as soon as she met his yo with her own.

The youth met her reluctant smile with a wide, toothy one of his own. He really had feared he had screwed the pooch beyond repair earlier; someone as competent looking as her having his back was a massive relief.

"All good with me, dude. I can't thank you enough." He said in relief as he began to stand up, plucking the little dewpider off the floor as he did before he fell in line with the girl.

Seemed safer to follow her than to wait outside. He suspected he might choke on sand before he made it back, given his luck with the desert until now.

Remembering her earlier words, he couldn't help but wonder. "Huh. Are you a treasure hunter?"

That would explain why she was wandering around the desert, looking through ancient ruins. Then again...

"Or maybe just looking for a thrill?" That was his reason for being here.

He was a jackass, though, so he doubted they were on the same page on that front.

"My name's Doug, by the way." He said a couple of seconds later, as an after thought. A good idea to get names out of the way early, before she got tired of him calling her dude. "I'm a bug catcher by trade and a teenage hobo by profession."

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
somber is the sarsen [o]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 20:39:03 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]

She waved off the thanks; eyes straying from the sight of the dewpider back to the trainer.[break][break]

A treasure hunter.[break][break]

“Nah, nothing like that,” though she wished.[break][break]

A thrill sounded like a better answer. “I'm just on break.”[break][break]

Just for an hour. She could allow herself that.[break][break]

Beneath the earth, and into the depths, she could distract herself from the expectations of those surrounding her; the eyes that prod and questioned, but never directly addressed her.[break][break]

It was like they were scared.[break][break]

“I'm Bailey. I'm uhhh... guess people think of me as a ground-type trainer? I used to be pretty well-rounded, but my roster kinda changed drastically.”[break][break]

To lighten the depths, she released her Darmanitan; he stood close, letting one giant fist be engulfed in flame as to mimic a torch.[break][break]

“I always did like bug-types, though.”[break][break]

Flames cast their light, illuminating long-forgotten groves that lined the walls surrounding them; depictions of pokemon that were only barely recognizable.

ruin raiders

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,831 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
somber is the sarsen [o]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 2:16:22 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

She went on a trip through an airy desert, down into the depths of the Earth and into unexplored ruins, as a break?

"Yer pretty hardcore, lady!" He said with a grin. "And I thought I was adventurous. We gotta step up our game'ere, eh love?"

His last words were directed at his Dewpider, who seemed to stare at him for just long enough to convey a judgmental stare.

"She agrees." A snort came from the spider. "Bailey, eh? Lovely name! What made ya pick Ground types 'all of a sudden', tho?"

Picking a type and sticking with it was a pretty big commitment- he should know. Bug types were not universally known for their strength, after all. It was rare to see a regular trainer sticking to a single type- specially after enjoying the versatility of a fully customizable team.

But then they had already established she wasn't just an average joe trainer, hadn't they?

"'Eeeey." He said, finger gunning with both hands at the woman, grinning wide. "Awready had pegged ya as a cool one, but it's good to have it down as a fact. Wanna join the unofficial bugcatchers association? That'll make three of us."

would be ecstatic.

"Thanks for the light, by the way!" He said, tilting slightly to look at the Darmanitan, holding out his fist towards the pokemon for a fistbump.

From before she became a ground type user, he guessed?

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
somber is the sarsen [o]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 19:11:12 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]

She tittered, laughing in a way that was restricted by her tightness of breath.[break][break]

Adventurous was not the way she would describe it.[break][break]

The question regarding pokemon gave pause, but she was willing to answer truthfully. It was only a matter of time—to some degree, he had already recognized her.[break][break]

“I became champion.”[break][break]

She would slow her steps.[break][break]

“I was Elite Four, first. Sometimes, you get the option to declare yourself as a specific “type” of trainer, just as a warning for what might be in store,” and her explanation was followed by a shrug.[break][break]

“But, yeah. I could throw my name into your group. I don't go running around with a net, but...” she would switch her gaze to his Dewpider, recalling a time when she had her own.[break][break]

Those times had been simple.[break][break]

“Count me in?”

ruin raiders

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,831 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
somber is the sarsen [o]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 0:12:35 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Oh yeah! That is something that can happen when you become the champ, ain't it?" Said the youth, stroking his chin as he kept walking. Meanwhile, the tiny Dewpider on his shoulder blinked in shocked silence.

Beat.

"Man, yer career's been crazy! Elite Four, and Champion?" He said with wide, admiring eyes, wondering just how lucky he was to meet someone that was a champion.

Beat.

Beat.

"Waitasec." Said the youth as he stopped, his brows scrunching up into deep thought as he cupped his chin, slowly unraveling a mystery. "But... Hn... Wouldn't that... wouldn't that mean...?"

He blinked, eyes growing wider than plates.

"Oh." Beat. "Oh."

The youth's face visibly colored to red, his hands coming up to pull down his hat atop his face.

"Um... This is embarrassing." He said, smiling blankly.

He had failed to recognize Hoenn's current Champion. Groudon's avatar. Easily one of the most famous people currently alive.

But on the other hand.

"How about we let this bright moment o'mine stay down here?" He said with a chuckle, jogging up to Bailey and throwing a friendly arm around her shoulder, grinning wide. "Welcome to the Bug Catchers, Bailey! I'll let'cha know of our first annual group meeting soon!"