awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
dance, dance revolution! [open]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 10:58:25 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

The day seems normal when it starts out, but it all comes to an end when you encounter an unusual person who seems determined to get in your way. Their face is partially shaded by their baseball cap, but it’s obvious from build and voice this person is female.

“Congratulations, sir, she says, regardless of your gender. It’s as if she doesn’t really care who or what you are, so long as you listen to her pitch. “Wow, aren’t you lucky! My dance studio is doing a special promotion and we need your vote! Please come watch our latest beat session-- it’s both dope and hip, if you can believe that.” It’s dubious whether you can, but she doesn’t stop to wait for you. Please come! Oh woe oh woe, say you will! There’s even free crepes for participants!”

This supposed dancer doesn’t seem very spry as she leads you away from the market stalls, through the parking lot, and to the warehouse district bordering the shipyard. In fact, she’s rather slow, and refuses to engage you in any conversation that doesn’t regard dancing or different types of crepes available at the event. “It’s a surprise - we need your genuine reaction!” she insists if pressed, and winks in a way that seems more malicious than reassuring.

Unsurprisingly, when you arrive, there’s no sign of any dancers. Instead, the girl hurries ahead of you and stops, striking a pose in front of a nearby shipping container. A little clumsily, she spins around and around. Breakaway pants, whoosh, discarded. Wig and cap, tossed carelessly away. Long brown hair tumbles down around her shoulders as Chryssa draws herself back up in an absurd black leotard costume.

“You want to dance?” she calls in a high, clear tone, hands on her hips. Her eyes, alight, alive, stare into yours with unmistakable challenge. With one hand she sweeps the air, tossing two capsules that flash and release a pair of slender purple Pokemon. “You have to get through me. Ha! Double battle, you gullible fool!”

OPEN BATTLE vs CHRYSSA G.
You have first move!
come wreck this girl

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 13:34:54 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Who, me?" He said with a slow drawl as he stopped halfway through his step, one hand in his pocket while the other was pointed towards himself.

On that day, one weirdo met another. And they were both better/worse for it; we shall see.

The youth she was trying to swindle sported a straw hat, school uniform, but absolutely no sense of urgency despite it being well into class time and him being miles away from the nearest educational center.

Obviously, she was swindling a man of character here.

"My my. I'm never this lucky." He said cheerful, tipping his hat down as she launched into her pitch, humming along and nodding thoughtfully at her every sentence. "Dope, and hip? Damn, that sounds positively gnarly. Now I've gotta check it out."

Okay, being honest: The free food sealed the deal.

If he noticed she was not particularly agile for a dancer, he certainly didn't show it; he was quite languid and lazy himself on most days after all. He wasn't about to be a hypocrite.

He did begin to get bored as they began to wander deeper into the harbor... and deeper... and deeper yet.

But finally, they arrived! Only... a couple of problems.

No dancers in sight- not even a single decoration in place, for that matter. More importantly... No food. Not a sign of any of the fancy, delicious crepes she had promised.

Oh. Goddamn it.

Was he about to be mugged by this 5 foot nothing girl?

"Man, the dudes are gonna get a kick out of this one." He said with a groan. Reaching up to adjust his hat as his would be mugger turned to face him, cocky smile on her lips, he suddenly stepped a bit closer on reflex as he saw her stumble about. He asked before he realized how silly he was being. "Uh- you okay there?"

She was fine. Still cocky, too.

"Welp, here we go." He said dryly, preparing for the worst.

And then she began to take off her clothes.

"WOAH! I'm really never this lucky!" He yelped, stumbling back in shock, his straw hat traitorously falling over his line of sight in the process.

He was almost disappointed when he snatched it out of the way. Almost.

"Uh. Yeah. I like to dance." He said in a mutter, blinking. Was this still real life?

When the pokeballs flew out of the air and the challenge was issued, he realized that, yes, this was indeed real life. And he wasn't being mugged for once.

It took him a moment to respond properly, staring at the pokemon, then at her, then at the pokemon again, before coughing awkwardly into his fist, reaching up to adjust his straw hat to dramatically cover his eyes from her as he breathed in slowly.

Then breathed out.

"Could've just challenged me right where we met, missy." He said, as he pulled out two tiny orbs out of his pocket, holding each between his index, middle and pointer fingers, letting them roll down to his palm as they grow in size. He gave her a toothy grin. "I never say no to a challenge!"

He swung his arm, unleashing a Scyther and Joltik from their pokeballs!

"But since we went through all this song and dance-" Hue. "You better teach me some moves if I win!"

"Goran, keep 'em in place with Electro web!" He said, "Kama, run 'em with fury attack!"

The pokemon went to work quick. The Joltik was positively tiny, but the electrified web it unleashed was not, the fibers arching through the air swiftly towards the pair with the Scyther only one step behind it, her blade arms held aloft the ground as they gleamed with a green shine.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 15:29:50 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Chryssa had woken up today in a good mood, which usually meant it was time to do something extraordinary. The emphasis was on extra as opposed to ordinary. She had been accomplishing great things lately-- she felt she'd explored much of the island region by sea, and taken a good look at the devastation as well. As with any new home, she'd made herself comfortable. Now, it was time to make it hers. 

Today, her chosen victim was the boy in the straw hat she'd cunningly outwitted into facing her in single combat. He would pay the price for his naivete! "I could not have challenged you there," she corrected him, "The acoustics were terrible. And anyway, now you have nowhere to run!" Chryssa laughed triumphantly, trying to project her voice to ring and echo from all around the empty warehouse district. "See?" 

Either way, she was happy she'd attracted someone with at least a little flair. "Aha! Good one," she said approvingly, pointing at the other teen. "Speak your name, and let the battle begin!" The battle was actually already beginning and Chryssa folded her arms, nettled that he hadn't waited for more of her theatrics. "Oh honestly!" she cried in annoyance as the tiny Joltik's web latched straight onto her Purrloin, sending it tumbling backwards with a buzz of electricity. "Can't you even dodge on your own?"

She'd purchased her first few starter Pokemon already pre-trained back in Sinnoh, but this was the first time she'd had to actually train her Pokemon on her own. Cam and Zuill were both new catches, and they didn't know how to work with her or each other yet. 

The Scyther's Fury Attack was blindingly fast, and the Sableye's only saving grace was the fact that he was about a quarter of the giant insect's size. He tried to evade the blades, staying at the edge of the Scyther's reach, but even the tips of those scythes were deadly. Shing! A cut opened up across the top of his head, his largest feature, and then again. Shing!  Dark blood beaded along the wound.

"That attack is terrible. Disable it," Chryssa commanded, and Zuill leapt to do as commanded. Prankster ability activating with a surge of speed, he darted forward with needle-like fingers to jab towards the Scyther's joints and muscles, hopefully disabling the Fury Attack.

Meanwhile, Cam the Purrloin hissed and spat, struggling to escape the Electroweb. Making short work of the strands with her claws, still shuddering from the aftereffects of the electricity, she pulled herself up. Not waiting for orders, she abruptly lunged forward without warning, one paw outstretched in an attempted Sucker Punch to smash the Joltik like a cockroach.

CAM ZUILL
Purrloin was hit by Electroweb!
Sableye was hit by Fury Attack (2)!
Sableye used Disable on Scyther!
Purrloin used Sucker Punch on Joltik!

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 18:31:03 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

In response, the youth simply crossed his arms over his chest and threw back his head, drowning out the girl's own laughter with his much more forced own, going a step to far and having the straw hat nearly fall off his head.

"Ha... Damn. That did sound pretty good." He said, conceding the point before his hand snapped forward, his hand rudely pointing at her. He was about to blow this girl's mind. "But you are missing one little detail!"

His pointing hand swung back as he pointed the thumb over his shoulder instead.

"I can just go back the way we came- you are the trapped one here." He said- smugly.

While the two engaged in a verbal fencing contest that would put toddlers to shame, their pokemon went on without their input, the youth's little spider shrieking in horror as the irate cat leapt at him, intent on squishing him like a bug.

Which admittedly, he was, but he did not care for that fate.

So he did the only reasonable thing- and sprinted away at top speed, using all of its agility to jet away from the cat, shrieking the entire time.

For her part, the Scyther let out a low croak as, with several taps along her arm, she found herself no longer able to channel her energy in that particular way-

So she swung about with an angry roar, trying to slam the nearby shadow with her wings for its transgressions.

Name before battle?

"Uh... bit late for that, ain't it?" He said, scratching under his straw hat, before shaking his head. "Wait, YOU are the trapped one here- I am asking the questions! YOU state your name first!"

Joltik is using Agility to dodge (and run away).

Scyther is trying to smack a mofo with Wing Attack.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2020 12:28:36 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

"I am not trapped!" Chryssa said, trying to think. Unfortunately, he'd actually made a good point. Engaging in a laugh-off with a gullible bug catcher had already far exceeded Chryssa's expectations for today, and now he was actually challenging her rhetoric. It was... refreshing.

A second passed and her eyes narrowed cunningly. "You merely fail to understand the extent of my ruse-- even now, my Pokemon wait, positioned to strike you down should you attempt to flee." After a moment, she added, "They're invisible," and continued quickly, lifting her chin. "Yet, if you forego the coward's route and admit defeat, perhaps I will permit you to escape!" 

A yowl of frustration from Cam caught Chryssa's attention and she spared an eye back towards the battle, where an increasingly agile Joltik continued to evade the cat's pursuit. "Cam, Torment-- stop it from getting any faster," she said. Frustrated enough to listen, the feline lashed its tail and sneered at the electric-type, vividly picturing what she was going to do to it if she ever caught it. The dark intent seemed to gather, dilating the cat's pupils until they filled each eye.

Meanwhile, the Scyther's wings looked just as deadly as its scythes, and Zuill was anxious to evade them. As one sliced towards him he pounced into the air, shooting back down feet-first in a move that should have shattered both his legs from hitting solid concrete. As it was, the Sableye disappeared into the stone as if he'd plunged straight into water, leaving only a spatter of ghostly blood to mark the place,

Behind it, the Scyther's shadow seemed to lengthen, and a part of it split off into a suspiciously Sableye-shaped patch. Moments later, clawed purple hands broke the surface of the shadow and he attacked with Shadow Sneak, trying to get inside the Scyther's guard.

Chryssa had turned back to Doug, and was enjoying herself far too much to pay attention to the battle. Playing along with her antics was a little too effective at distracting the girl. "My name? Oh, fine, so be it," she said. She raised her voice and it rang with confidence. "Listen well, for I am--" She broke off to spin around unsteadily again, tossing her hair. "--Chryssa Glasgow!  Now, tell me your name so I can use it when I laugh at you." Not her best line, but at least it was sincere.

CAM ZUILL
Purrloin used Torment on Joltik!
Sableye evaded Wing Attack with Shadow Sneak!
Sableye used Shadow Sneak on Scyther!

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2020 20:22:16 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

His smugness remained unshaken despite her protests. He merely tilted a (unseen) brow at her, his smirk growing as he let her work this out for herself.

And then she flipped his reversal on its head.

His jaw dropped. "WHAT?! WHAAAT?!"

His hands slapped atop his mouth. He looked like he was gasping.

He couldn't breath. He was completely flabberg-

"Mufu..."

...?

"Fuhaha..."

Oh dear.

"HahahaHAHAHA!"

He laughed. Loudly. Maniacally. (Extremely) forcefully.

"You FOOL!" He said, ominously.

In the meanwhile, the tiny spider continued to screech as it ran away, determined to live another day.

One day, he would have vengeance for these transgressions.

That day was coming sooner than he knew, because as soon as he realized he was no longer being chased, he took a gamble and looked behind himself.

What he found was mockery and torment, and it utterly froze him in place.

On the other neck of the woods? Kama was having her patience tested. Her opponent was an expert at everything except actually fighting it seemed, and was seemingly determined to get on her nerves.

As she looked all over the place for where the little coward would come next, she never realized her shadow becoming much too dark to be natural-

Until it was too late.

True to its name, clawed hands sneaked up onto the Scyther, slashing at her chitin body. A furious yelp came out of the mantis' throat as she stumbled forward, barely catching herself with her scythes.

The glare she sent over her shoulder spoke of the many terrible things she would do to the little shadow as she hissed and spat, her injuries throbbing angrily.

And then one scyther suddenly became several of them.

And they all glared furiously at the gem eyed shadow.

Back with the spider and the cat?

The little spider screeched again-

Angrily, this time.

Try to squish him, then mock him?

He created a sphere. One inside packed with thunder and lightning. It trembled and crackled, much larger than the spider itself.

And it was flying straight for the cat!

"You think your hidden pokemon can help you?" He said, holding his face in his hand ominously. "You foolish girl. I true Bugcatcher never leaves their home without their Accelgor ninjas guarding them at every turn!"

He swiped his hand across the air dramatically.

"Your invisible pokemon have long since been taken out, Chryssa Glasgow!" He said, her name flowing out of his lips with theathric oomph.

"And you know what else?!" What? "I ain't even gonna tell you my name! Now I know something YOU don't! Whooo! Still on top!"

Scyther used Double Team.
Joltik used Electro Ball.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2020 1:57:48 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Intrigued by this new development, Chryssa leaned forward, thumb and forefinger cupping her chin. "Ninjas... of course..." She murmured, "How could I have failed to forsee this... except, naturally, I did!"  Her tone raised triumphantly and she extended a hand with curling fingers. It looked a little like her wrist was sore. "You made a mistake hiring Accelgor for your shadow troupe, you nameless bastard," she said. Her eyes narrowed and she smiled radiantly. "The Kalosian Restaurant paid handsomely for their entree."

...Eyes dilated with pure black derision, Cam fixed the Joltik with her stare, trying to keep its attention as she stepped closer. Closer. Almost within striking range. The spider was too transfixed to use Agility, too tormented to escape. One more step--

Electro Ball. 

Her whiskers fanned, reacting to the crackling static electricity in the air. A sphere grew before her like a dangerous toy. Trusting herself to take it, Cam leapt to meet it in the air, claws piercing its crackling exterior. The electricity jolted through her, painfully familiar, and with a yowl of pain the cat pounced on the ball, rolling onto her back to kick it up into the air away from her. Looking surprisingly cute, she swiveled around, batting it viciously back at the Joltik. Her own claws weren't far behind-- and she could guarantee she wouldn't play gently.

Hand over hand, Zuill pulled himself back out of the shadows, crouching ape-like on the ground as Scyther after Scyther encircled him. His head cocked to the side like a clock pendulum, studying each moving image, honestly unsure which to attack. 

Seeing as his trainer wasn't currently giving him commands, the Sableye was much more content to take the opportunity to fix up the slashes still dribbling into his faceted eyes. Body contorting for a moment, a faint white glow appearing around his wounded head like a halo, the ghost Pokemon used Recover and stood by for orders.

Unfortunately, it seemed he was on his own. Cut back to monologue--

"But, it is true, you deserve some acknowledgement..." Chryssa spread her hands. "You have taken out the invisible Pokemon I left waiting, and it seems I cannot escape in turn."

She waited for the suspense to build, "What you don't know is that my back is far from against the wall! Should I fall by your unworthy hand, I will merely retreat to my sea fortress beneath the waves." She hadn't really gone for an underwater princess theme with her black leotard costuming, but it was too late now. Curses. I should have said shadow fortress. A little heavy on the villain posturing, but much more thematic.

CAM ZUILL
Purrloin was hit by Electro Ball!
Purrloin used Play Rough on Joltik!
Sableye used Recover!
Sableye is waiting for orders...

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2020 19:05:36 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Of course she had seen it coming.

He wouldn't have expected anything less from such a worthy opponent. As a matter of fact!

"Ah. Ah. Ah." He intoned, waggling his finger at her in time with each vowel. "I'm afraid... All is just as I foresaw."

The words hung in the air as he tipped his hat down to hide his sight away from her, an O M I N O U S atmosphere around them.

"I knew you knew about the ninjas and foresaw your next move. The restaurant paid for FALSE GOODS! My Accelgor's used the substitution technique to replace themselves... with your own invisible pokemon! That restaurant is now serving their clients completely wrong entrees! They will never do business with you ever again!"

He said, and laughed, and laaaughed, waaay over the top.

The Scyther's were on the move. They fluttered and leapt about, clanging their scythes together, the sound of their grinding blades echoing thanks to the perfect acoustics of the battlefield. It was a like a dance, the way they moved around the gem eyed shadow so vividly, never letting it escape from their uneven circle of blades.

On the other side of the field? The bloody cat had sent back his electro ball at the Joltik. His own damn electro ball!

He didn't have a whole lot of choices; he had responded by trying to run under it- directly into the cat's paws.

Pain. Pokemon were more durable than they appeared for the most part, but a tiny pokemon was a tiny pokemon nonetheless. He screeched as the cat stomped on him, scrambling about as he tried to escape- to no avail.

The cat was playing with its prey- and it was not holding back.

Anger.

So he tried to chomp down on the nearest body part. He would not let this punk ass cat go.

"You fool! You think you can hide from me?!" He said, grinning. "Gaze upon the shadow of your underwater fortress and despair, Chryssa Glassglow!"

He gestured with his entire body dramatically, pointing at her rudely.

"I knew of your frotress all along!My Fortress lies within the very shadows of your own! Learn to live in fear of... Shadow Hive Alpha!"

Scyther is using Sword's dance.
Joltik is using Bug Bite.

TAG:
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2020 1:13:40 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

“You know not what you have done,” Chryssa said darkly, volume rising. “I worked for years to gain the trust of that Kalosian Restaurant.” She reached up to shade her eyes with the brim of her baseball cap and remembered she’d hurled it away during her grand costume change. Darn. That was bad planning...

She tried to keep her dark composure, though both envious of and intrigued by his full-body pose. But you have only seen part of my power,” she continued, “For that was but one of the Seven Spoons of Slateport within my dominion. You’ll never find the others, even if you search the deepest corners of the dark web for five star reviews!” She contained the impulse to laugh wildly again. The time for hilarity was over— Chryssa was being outmaneuvered, step by step. Forced to keep her resources close. Who would have thought this nameless bug catcher would have proved such a powerful match?

She didn’t want it to end.

“What is this feeling?” She murmured, clutching her chest in a clawlike hand. Is it…” Pause. “...Lust?!” Pause. For Victory?” Well, something like that.

Whatever the reason was, Chryssa suddenly found herself desperately involved in the stakes of their battle. A very real, sinking feeling descended in the pit of her stomach when an ear-splitting scream from her Purrloin split the air. The Joltik had bitten down on her front paw, and even a cursory look at the feline showed the blue cat was near the end of her rope.

I should recall Cam, Chryssa realized, the awful screeching still echoing from the warehouses around them. But that’s practically admitting defeat! The idea of losing didn’t bother her so much as the idea of, yes, her so-called ‘prey’ escaping without so much as leaving her a name or a Trainer ID or something. I have to get it out of him. And to do that, she needed time.

Zuill! Looking dazzled by the display of blades and speed encircling him, the Sableye looked up. Chryssa snapped her fingers. “Cam’s in trouble— Ally Switch!”

The ghost-type gave a little salute, then turned and cartwheeled through a round, shimmering portal that had just appeared. As the Sableye’s head, neck, and spindly body crossed the threshold, from the other side like a distorted reflection appeared the Purrloin instead, still yowling in pain.

From the other side, it would have appeared like the Purrloin had simply transformed into a Sableye in a fraction of a second, the paw being bitten replaced with clawlike fingers which tightened and shuddered as he felt the insect’s fangs. Still, freshly Recovered and as a partial ghost-type the pain was more distant, and Zuill was able to get his other hand around to try and turn the tables. With a tickling motion, he tried to Disable the Bug Bite as well.

Meanwhile, Cam was not as patient as her predecessor had been in dealing with the Scyther. Still reacting in pain and feeling torturously confused by her new surroundings, she lashed out with Assurance. Favoring her wounded paw, she struck out blindly with the other as if cracking a whip. A shadowy, five-fingered shape swept through a line of clones like a giant sticky hand, seeking the true Scyther.

Chryssa was more committed to focusing on the battle now that things were getting dicey, but there was no way she could ignore such a monumental challenge. “Shadow Hive Alpha? It can’t be! You? she gasped. She started to shake and quickly composed herself. “Have you been waiting all this time to face me alone, without my ocean armies? I thought I had lured you with my impeccable dance team ruse… but really…” She trailed off. She’d let him finish that thought.

CAM ZUILL
Purrloin was hurt by Bug Bite!
Sableye used Ally Switch!
Sableye was hurt by Bug Bite!
Sableye used Disable on Joltik!
Purrloin used Assurance on Scyther!

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 1:39:35 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"And it took me mere seconds to destroy it all." He said with a dark chuckle, body quaking with delight as he gave her a wide grin. Just for emphasis, he reached for the brim of his hat, tipping it over his eyes. "Do you see now, Chryssa Glassglow? The difference in our power?!"

This girl was fun. He would miss her once they went their separate ways. Rarely did he get to flex his improv skills on a stranger like this- most people would usually be too weirded out to answer in kind.

Man, she just kept going; he loved it.

"Fool! I have Slateport in the palm of my hand. You think anything can remain hidden from me for long?!" He said, crossing his arms over his chest while spreading his legs, taking on an imperious stance. "Before the day is over, I shall have taken yet another spoon from you-"

"Lust?!" WHAT.

"WHAT." WHAT.

"For Victory?" Aw.

"Disappointing, but makes sense." He said, momentarily breaking character before swinging his body into a pose so hard his brain got whiplash. "AHA! You thought you could distract me with nothing but silver tongue and cunning, did you!?"

Well it worked, to her credit. His mind had slightly gone into the gutter there- his face felt hot and his nose runny. He tipped his hat even harder, just to hide it all.

"Well jokes on you, you are looking like a real pervert now!"

A real pervert who had just gotten ahead on the battle there.

"Hey, that's cheating!" He said, protesting the blatant disregard for the unspoken 'improv duel' agreement they had going on. "Well not really, but I should have thought about it first! Damn it!"

He tried to quickly take stock of what was going on now; she had ordered her pokemon to trade places- which wasn't too problematic for Kama the scyther now that she had her clones around her, but for Goran the Joltik?

A fresh opponent, after he had been badly battered made for a poor match up.

Specially once he had his jaw disabled.

Crap!

Goran was forced to let go of the gem eyed shadow's limb unable to apply any force to his jaws. He landed on wobbly legs upon the floor, trying to back away from the fresh opponent in a scramble that ended with him not getting far at all, his legs failing him a couple of steps back.

There was little for him left to do.

Doug sighed... and nodded.

"You've done well, Goran." He said, before tipping his hat dramatically. "You can rest now..."

And then he suddenly went swung his hand in a wild gesture, roaring.

"RIGHT AFTER YOU DISABLE THAT SHADOW BACK, THAT IS! USE THUNDERWAVE!" He said, and the little spider screeched in response, its tiny body sparking before it unleashed an electric field around.

Doug swung his gaze back towards Kama, seeing a large, shadowy hand sweep through the many clones like a fly swatter, smoking out the real one out of the bunch.

Because she was the only one that bothered to leap atop it, her wing span spreading as she glared down at her new enemy.

"Time to even the scales! Put the cat to sleep with Vacuum Wave!" He said, and Scyther's responded by swinging her scythe's at cat in wide arcs, unleashing an invisible, thin wall of concussive force down upon it.

With the side show taken care of, they could get back to what really mattered- the eternal war between The King Bee of tge Shadow Hive , and the Sea Empress of the Hoennian Seas.

"Mufufufu... That's right, Chryssa Glassglow... Or should I say... Empress of the Hoennian Seas! I knew it was you, all along. I deliberately participated into this ruse... JUST TO MESS WITH YOU!"

And finally, he threw back his head, and laughed, and laughed.

And began coughing when he swallowed spit wrong, but still kept trying to laugh more.

TL;DR: -Scyther evaded Assurance.
-Scyther is attacking with Vacuum Wave.
-Joltik had his bug bite disabled.
-Joltik is using Thunder Wave.
TAG:
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 10:11:38 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Oh, why didn't anything ever go as planned in Pokemon battles? One would think Pokemon would be more adept to thinking on their feet after living in the wild for so long. Contests were comparatively easy. You rehearsed, performed, and then called your parents to confirm you were still chasing after your wobbly little-girl dreams so they sent more costumes and kept paying for your hotel room.  

Someday, she would really have to learn to fight. Someday, it would be important that she win. Victory was not assured. If she wanted to realize her true purpose, she would need to give her everything.

But today, she was happy just to act the part.  

"Ha! Your petty assumptions are your weakness!" she said triumphantly as her nemesis bemoaned her most cunning and devious Ally Switch. "It's not cheating, it's strategy. I am in fact a master strategist, a wartime tactician of countless conflicts, something you wouldn't understand..."

Her Purrloin, completely unconscious, rolled and hit the concrete near her feet. To her credit, Chryssa only wavered for a moment. "...This creature was not worthy. I had no idea who I was facing, Shadow Hive scum, or I would have sent a slightly more legit gladiator to strike your minions down."

Annoyed, she thrust out an empty Pokeball and recalled Cam, giving an internal sigh. She's proud. And a little reckless, I'll have to remember that. Why couldn't the cat have stayed in the fight just a little longer?

Well, in better news, at least it looked like Zuill had triumphed over his foe as well. Eager to celebrate her victory, Chryssa rushed to catch up with her monologue. "Aha! Compassion, a FOOL's emo--oh, for god's sake!" It was a bluff? Unreal!

"Did you at least hit your own Pokemon?" she said indignantly, hands on her hips as she surveyed the Sableye twitching on its back like a dead spider in the middle of the battlefield. Thunder Wave had quite a large area range, but with its wings and agile body, she wouldn't be surprised if Scyther had avoided it. Its speed using Vacuum Wave had been incomparable-- poor Cam hadn't had a chance.  "Stop laughing! Oh, never mind, you deserve it. Carry on."

The girl surveyed what was left of the battle, shaking her head. With one Pokemon down, the clock was ticking. Win or lose-- attack or use a status move-- she wouldn't be able to draw this out much longer.

"Zuill, brightest of my chosen ones," she called, one hand flashing out in front of her. The Sableye would have turned to look at her if his neck muscles weren't wildly spasming. Before him, both Joltik and Scyther seemed indominable. "We are the last defense of our ocean empire! Should you ever wish to see your comrades, your wife, your sons..." The Sableye didn't remember having any of those things, but he was listening, "...Harken to me now! Use... Shadow Ball!" 

Ordering her first actual attack move of the match, Chryssa waited, posed dramatically for a moment. The Sableye's body shuddered, slowed, refusing to cooperate. He seemed to be trying to make a Shadow Ball, but the orb seemed frozen half-developed in his hands. 

"It's charging," the girl explained, gritting her teeth. She refused to admit defeat! Instead, she tried to divert the other trainer's attention. "How do I know you are who you say you are, anyway? You could be an impostor... a substitute, like one of your foul Accelgor. Show me your Trainer ID!" she commanded.

CAM ZUILL
Purrloin was hurt by Vacuum Wave!
Purrloin Fainted!
Sableye was hit by Thunder Wave!
Sableye was Paralyzed!
Sableye can't move!

end this charade

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 15:13:37 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

He smirked at her exasperated question, and winked.

"No." He said, before looking off to the other side of the field.

Kama was as fast as they came; little could catch her off guard.

Friendly fire was among those little things.

She was found twitching on the floor, jaw's jittering as she attempted without much success to get back onto her feet.

"Yes." He said, turning his gaze back to Goran- who had fainted after spending the last of his stamina on an unnecessarily big thunder wave. "But you are darn right I deserve the last laugh!"

Maybe he shouldn't have ordered so loudly. Still grinning, he returned Goran to his pokeball, promising to feed the poor guy a big plate of curry once they went back to camp.

"So... Guess we are both masters of strategy." He said dryly, following the moment of silence that came now that both remaining pokemon were spasming messes on the floor. It was a race to see who's pokemon recovered from paralysis first.

Kama, if nothing else- had grit. A lot of it. The cracking of her scythes digging into the asphalt as she all but dragged herself along the floor soon filled the area, the perfect acoustics granting a dramatic boom to her every 'step'.

"Makes sense." He said, crossing his arms and waiting patiently for the Shadow Ball to come. It was taking its time. Much like Kama. "Guess neither of our armies had paralysis heals on the budget."

He didn't really have the money to spare on non essentials- and neither did his opponent, it seemed.

The silence as they awaited stretched over several seconds.

And then she started flirting again.

'Getting some real mixed signals here'

"I see your curiosity has utterly trampled upon your pride, Empress Glassglow!"He said, throwing back his head to laugh once again. "Very well... Burn this image upon your memory!"

He pulled a single card out of his jacket's inner pocket, holding it out towards her. It depicted the same youth, with the numbers 419 on the side.

The name was too small to make out from this distance. He didn't seem to realize this.

Just then, they were interrupted by a victorious bellow. The sight of Kama lifting her body as high as she could on her trembling lips met their eyes- before she dropped wings first onto the gem eyed shadow.

TL;DR
-Scyther has been paralyzed
-Joltik fainted.
-Scyther has dragged herself across the floor for like 10 meters used Wing Attack!

TAG:
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 11:25:39 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

"Paralysis Heals are a weak man's ploy! People of our stature need not bother with them," Chryssa declared loftily, doing the bug catcher the favor of including him. "Perseverance is the True Paralyze Heal. Of the heart." Whatever, anyway: she was still in a tight spot. The Sableye's hands shook, contorting, Shadow Ball flickering. 

Chryssa muttered and tapped her fingers, arms crossed over her chest as she watched the Scyther dragging itself towards Zuill. Step by step, the mantis drew closer to the struggling ghost. "No, no, no..." she muttered, fiercely willing Zuill to fire off his Shadow Ball. But far from 'charging,' the orb of darkness actually seemed to be getting smaller. 

In the crucial moment, her nemesis distracted her by presenting his precious identification. Yes! At last! Chryssa thought, feeling a surge of triumph. Maybe perseverance really was worth something. "Hah! You'll regret sharing your secret identity with me soon, Hive King... or should I say..." She paused dramatically, squinting, and realized she couldn't actually read it. What?! "Should I say..." she faltered, leaning forward. The teenage girl frowned. "Ahem. Could you just, like..."

A dying, appropriately dramatic but nevertheless unfortunate screech from Zuill cut her off as the Scyther finished him with her ultimate Wing Attack. Exhausted from fighting the paralysis and from his other wounds, the Sableye went limp on the ground underneath the insect's heavy bulk. Chryssa winced. Crap. I wasn't ready for my exit routine... 

Well, the show must go on. "Noooooooooo!" Chryssa screamed, falling to her knees. The motion sent a jolt of pain running up her legs and she doubled over, stilling for a moment. Her chest rose and fell, face obscured by her hair. One hand moved and a beam of light picked up the fainted Sableye and returned it to its capsule. Chryssa put the ball away, expression still hidden. "You've... taken everything from me," she said, voice low and dark. "My dance team, my Pokemon, my kingdom, my virtue..." 

She looked up, tears staining her pallid cheeks (there were actually no tears, but she wanted to imagine there were) and stared levelly down the playing field at the man who'd defeated her. "Come then. Take my head." She lifted her chin bravely. "It is what must be done."

CAM ZUILL
Sableye is Paralyzed! It can't move!
Sableye was hurt by Wing Attack!
Sableye Fainted!

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 21:14:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

People of his stature couldn't afford paralysis heals, but he had appreciated the gesture enough. He hadn't bothered getting close enough for her to be able to read, though. Seeing her struggle to make out the text on his ID was pretty funny.

He had simply waved the card tauntingly while leaning his body as far back as he could, grinning skyward from ear to ear.

And then Kama had bodydropped the Sableye.

"Yeeeeeeeeees!" He said in kind, throwing back his head and spreading his arms wide before once again launching into a his evil cackle, breaking into fits of coughing within seconds after accidentally swallowing spit.

"O- oh G-god... Need... Practice...!" He said between coughs while lurching forward, banging his fist against his chest, as he leaned onto his knees, taking deep breaths... before rising back to his full height, arms akimbo as he grinned confidently at the sorrowful Empress of the Sea.

"Yet another flawless victory for the Shadow Hive!" He said, his booming declaration of success echoing thunderously within the excellent acoustics of the harbor.

"You've... taken everything from me,"

"Yes."

"My dance team,"

"Yes."

"My Pokemon,"

"Yes!"

"My kingdom,"

"YES!"

"My virtue..."

"YE-! Wait, wait, No, NO."

The bugcatcher tugged at the collar of his shirt, cheeks warm. This girl and her random fits of risqueness!

He couldn't well call her out on it, though. Breaking character? That would be true defeat.

He breathed in deeply and put on a brave face, steeling his heart to all perverted jokes.

He returned Kama to her pokeball as he marched up to Chryssa, coming to stand about her with his arms crossed over his chest, looking down upon her icily.

Though his wiggling lips made it a bit hard.

"Your head...?" He said, echoing her words before shaking his head. "I think not."

He shook his own head, smiling smugly before reaching into his pocket and producing yet another card- a trainer card.

A galarian style, common 1* print of a trainer.

Him.

He let it drop in front of her.

"Eliminating you now would bring no glory to the Shadow Hive, Chryssa Glasgow." He said, before dramatically turning on his heel and tipping his hat.

"Go forth, and accomplish great things, Empress of the Seas." He said before looking over his shoulder and smirking. "When you've achieved the height of happiness, I'll appear to take it all away!"

He threw his head back and began cackling as he started to walk away, his laughter once again echoing along the harbor as he made his dramatic exit.

And then he stumbled, his feet stuck on some remnant webbing, and fell onto his knees sending a sharp, electric pain running up his legs.

"SH*T!"

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2020 2:05:48 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Most of her false superiority having been stripped away by her defeat, Chryssa found herself feeling... pensive. Her joints ached from trying to spin around and falling, but that wasn't the problem. She felt out-of-breath, like she'd been running for a long time, and what adrenaline had been fueling her dramatics had simmered down to a mere... curiosity. 

John. What a boring name.

...So why was she still so interested?

A low, electronic hum grew steadily in volume as Doug dealt with the webbing on the ground. A lofty voice rang out again from behind him. "Halt right there, Sullivan." The hum intensified like a distant vacuum cleaner and a blocky wall of blue and red slowly drew up next to the bug catcher, moving only about an inch off the ground. Chryssa was seated atop the floating Probopass, currently trying to wrestle her breakaway pants back onto her legs. "You'll-- regret-- sparing my life! You won't last long enough to see my destruction!"

Moving with all the speed of a roomba, the Probopass floated on ahead of Doug. Chryssa turned around, draping her hands over the red cap of the bizarrely mustached Pokemon as it slowly motored away. She waved the bug catcher's own trainer card at him tauntingly. "I would have escaped by sea, by the way, but the harbor is closed today." And she hadn't brought her Lapras to this battle anyway. 

It wasn't like she was following him.