412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
dance, dance revolution! [open]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2021 6:20:19 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Flawless execution.

“I hate to admit it, but we work well together,” she said as soon as they were out of earshot of the unamused cafeteria lady. “With my irresistible charm and your expertise in disguise—“ she twirled with her pizza slice aloft, letting her borrowed jacket flare dramatically, “We’ll be unstoppable. Can I get a chocolate milk too?”  

With the spoils of victory on her plastic tray, Chryssa carried her slice of flimsy pizza high, displaying it for all the peasants to see. “I would never cause trouble, by the way,” she added, heading back towards the salad bar to pick up her cane, which she’d left propped up against it. “I was a model student in high school. Probably.”

The truth was, Chryssa had never made it to high school. Junior High had been difficult for her— her wheelchair had always felt like a barrier between herself and any kind of social life, and even when she’d been recovering her parents had ended up homeschooling her before she had the chance to experience the big leagues. 

“You’re lucky, Hive King. Your power here is... considerable. I’m impressed.” Doug’s exchanges and shouts across the cafeteria hadn’t gone unnoticed. Everyone knew him. Whether they liked him or not wasn’t important— they remembered who he was. Chryssa wished she could say something similar about her old school back in Sinnoh. 

But life was short, and it moved too quickly.

Out of the corner of her eye, Chryssa saw another student jostle against it and Muir began to slide. Before the Honedge could slip and clatter to the floor, Chryssa made a grab for it and flipped the edge of her tray like a springboard. “Darn!”

Her hard-earned pizza soared through the air across the cafeteria like a trapeze artist before slapping into the register in a splatter of cheese and soggy crust.  A single pepperoni fell to the ground. 

Chryssa froze. Then she cleared her throat, pitching her voice to carry.

“Who threw that?!” 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,864 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
dance, dance revolution! [open]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 17:15:02 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

The pizza soared through the air like a hail Mary. As he saw its arc transcend from food to legend, the bugcatcher's smile slowly turned to a manic grin.

The splatter utterly silenced the cafeteria, the many youths around staring at the cheesy slice dubiously as it slowly slid down to the floor.

And then the Empress' voice cut through the room, jolting everyone present.

"Looks like yer good girl streak ends today." He muttered lowly to her, awe in his voice.

A once in a lifetime opportunity had presented itself before them. So he breathed in deep.

"TREACHERY! DECEPTION!" Screamed Doug at the top of his longs as his grip slid all the way to the edge of his tray, before he swung it across the air wide, sending his pizza slice and open carton of milk flying across the cafeteria.

Smacking one Bradly Ferguson straight across the face, milk dripping down his locks of hair.

Dead silence. For all of a second.

"SSSSSULLIVAAAN!" Screamed Bradley as he sprang up from his seat and sprinted around the table, rage in his eyes.

And then panicked surprise, when his foot slipped atop Doug's discarded tray. His body fell back, his arms pinwheeling for anything to grab on- slapping another tray near the edge of another table in the process and flipping it, sending its contents flying to the kids from across, covering them in cheese, grease and milk.

From the other side of the cafeteria, it finally came. Straight from one of the class clown's mouths, the magic words rang, music to Doug's ears.

"FOOOOOOD FIGHT!"

"Goddamn it." Groaned the Cafeteria Lady as the pizza began to fly across the air, planting her face solidly on the metal counter. She was beyond giving a fuck.

"Mufuhuhahaha!" Laughed the youth as he ducked under a slice of pizza, grinning at Chryssa. "Not bad, Empress! Looks like you've uncovered a coup brewin' right under my nose! We might work together too well!"

He reached up to catch a pizza flying towards them, baseball throwing it at another youth. As it nailed him across the nose, the youth rubbed at his chin thoughtfully, pomodoro sauce covering his cheeks.

"M'seat of power's up fo' grabs now, though... can't be helped! Quick, the Chocolate Milk is there! It's our only hope!"

By there, he probably meant the ice cream display-like freezer near the salad bar, were, indeed, several dozen cartons colored brown and white could be found.

A deadly weapon, given how white shirts were the mandatory part of the school's uniform.