[attr=class,wordcount]
TOURNAMENT

[attr=class,lyric1]
concentrate your power

[attr=class,lyric2]
in the final hour

[attr=class,bulk]
[break][break]

AS THE YEAR COMES TO A CLOSE, a new initiative has blossomed between many of the regions that inhabit this world. Its purpose? To foster the strength and spirit of its trainers in the flames of competition![break][break]

[break][break]

Trainers![break][break]

[theme]
[break][break]

Ambassadors from your respective homelands have united to invite you to this TOURNAMENT OF POWER! Whether you opt to compete under the banner of your former region or not, the ultimate test of teamwork, cunning, and battle prowess has chosen HOENN as its world stage![break][break]

[break][break]

In particular, this will take place upon Hoenn's own MONSU ISLAND: a fabled locale reserved and readied to host this momentous event! Don't worry about the locals! They've been paid a hefty sum in return for overseeing the event, courtesy of Galar's own royal ambassador![break][break]

[break][break]

The first of its kind, in what is fated to be a yearly tradition, participants will begin the tournament in squads of three during a BATTLE ROYALE style free-for-all! These squads will each be given a WEATHER ORB to protect and transport to the volcano at the center of the island: MOUNT MONSUTOA. Time is against you, and losing your orb means elimination for you all! And points for whoever facilitates it...[break][break]

[break][break]

Teams that advance will then disassemble to take part in a gladiatorial SURVIVAL MATCH in front of Monsu Island's ancient temple! These participants will be forced to endure five grueling waves of ferocious and unnatural pokémon until the timer runs out! But beware! There will still be plenty of opportunity for teamwork— or surprise betrayal![break][break]

[break][break]

The decisive final event! Only the strongest or most cunning of trainers have survived to reach this round! With the last pokémon in their arsenal, each trainer will be randomly assorted into a classic 1v1 SOLO MATCH where the key to victory is through knockout or ringout! One-by-one, trainers will be eliminated until the final two meet head to head for the legendary CHAMPION'S CROWN! Let's kick it into high gear![break][break]

[break][break]

Seize your glory!
[break][break]

There is only enough room at the top of the hill for one trainer— one region to call itself victorious for the year. So make your statement! Carve your mark! Stand alone in the victory circle, and state your claim when the music starts! Give it your all and take your best shot![break][break]

Be the BEST that you can be!
[break][break]

[break][break]

author's note: So uh this was kind of a spur of the moment kind of thing I got from chat last night, but I'm putting it forward to see if people are interested, if staff is cool with it, and to see whether you guys had any ideas, suggestions, or questions about it! I'd be hosting this as , of course: Galar's ambassador. I'll probably have a lot of NPC ambassadors from other regions, too.[break][break]

There will be maybe one or two sub-plots surrounding this tournament. One of these may include Team Rocket. The other is definitely going to center around Monsu Island's native people: the Monsutoan's. They've lived on the island for millenia and guarded the mysterious ancient temple there for about as long. They were the ones who put the Champion's Crown forward as a prize, but they might have mysterious intentions...[break][break]

The rules I've placed down so far are flexible and liable to change. I might even replace the concept of a round with something completely different. In addition, just as a heads up, you'd be battling under a specific set of rules. I plan to keep them simple; no more complicated than the rules you see in most gyms. Since I'll be acting as referee, I won't be putting any of my characters in the competition.[break][break]

But yeah! Don't count this as a sign-up page just yet! It's more like an ad that you can help brainstorm on, or at least show your interest! Lastly, there are two lead-up threads that I plan on doing before this begins! Assuming it gets the green-light, of course! The first is a sort of expo battle! A bonus pre-round, if you will! No points will be awarded, but it'll give a select few trainers a chance to show us what they got! The second is a big fancy DINNER for all the contestants (+1 guest) before the games start! Just... please don't trash Remy's villa. :sobs:[break][break]

TOURNAMENT - GENERAL FAQ[break][break]

— trainers will choose to represent their region of origin or hoenn[break]
— trainer must use different pokémon each round[break]
— no legendary or ultra beast pokémon[break]
— there will be a scoring system based on eliminations[break]
— there will be two winners: the trainer with the most points and the region with the most accumulation of points[break]
— points scored will differ based on round[break]
— you will need to include all six pokémon you plan to use at sign-ups[break][break]

* these are all subject to change, including the below[break][break]

ROUND 1 - BATTLE ROYALE FAQ[break][break]

— time limit[break]
— team-oriented (not required to be from the same region)[break]
— goal-based (1)[break]
— three pokémon limit[break][break]

ROUND 2 - SURVIVAL MATCH FAQ[break][break]

— time limit[break]
— not team-oriented[break]
— gladiatorial arena[break]
— five waves of enemy NPC's[break]
— two pokémon limit[break][break]

ROUND 3 - 1v1 SOLO MATCH FAQ[break][break]

— no holds barred[break]
— elimination style rounds[break]
— ringout enabled[break]
— one pokémon limit[break][break]

PRIZES[break][break]

— (IC) the CHAMPION'S CROWN [break]
a purely cosmetic item that'll give your character bragging rights. rumored to have belonged to an antediluvian king.
[break]
— (IC) 52,000,000 ¥[break]
half a million dollars usd, but cannot be converted into actual PD to be used on the site. instead, use it as an incentive for your character to join if you'd like! maybe they want to start their own business, pay off their mortgage, or donate it all to a charity!
[break]
— (OOC) free choice of pokémon from the winner's pot[break]
as of right now, the 'winner's pot' is my personal PC! excluding any of my dearest or legendary pokémon, of course. I've caught a lot of others, though, and likely more when this is all over, so there's to bound to be one you want! on top of that, others have expressed interest in adding to the pot, soooo... keep your eyes peeled!
[break]
— ... TBA?[break]
the winning region will probably erect a statue in honor of its participants or something idk

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

TOURNAMENT OF POWER 2020

[attr=class,punkianger-tocredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-to .accentbg"]background: #D6231A;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .accentborder"]border-color: #D6231A;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .tagline a, .punkianger-to .bulk b, .punkianger-to .bulk i, .punkianger-tocredit a"]color: #D6231A;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .image"]background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/PFvPXg9.jpg');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 12px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Baskerville'; color: #999999; font-size: 14px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-to .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 38px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-tocredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-tocredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]