412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
DOWN FORCE [m]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2020 3:14:28 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
"Thirty seconds on the clock. Racers, start your engines!"

The pavement, slick and black with rain. The acrid smell of exhaust and cigarette smoke. The mutter of voices, of bets being exchanged and spectators packed and shuffling behind chain-link fences. The shimmer of distantly reflected traffic lights. The thrum of engines, of keys turning in ignition slots, of Pokemon capsules releasing.

The countdown was starting.

Ten cars, ten racers, had lined up today in the rainy streets of Rustboro City. Industrial. Mechanical. The profitable stone industry had birthed a wealth of organized crime, existing long before Team Rocket had ever come to the island region. Salary workers came here to unwind after a long day at the office. Old men came to place bets. Punk teenagers hung from the fences, hoping for dangerous wrecks and explosions.

20, 19, 18...

There was a slight stir in the crowd and someone pointed. A frail, wispy-looking girl was walking down the line, threading her way past side mirrors and modified axels. Battle Pokemon goggled at her from inside tinted windows as she passed their cars, not sparing them a glance.

10, 9, 8...

The passenger door of one racing vehicle was wrenched open suddenly and the girl slid inside, closing it neatly behind her. "Heard you were looking for a partner," Chryssa Glasgow said innocently, looking around at the inside of the cab. "Where's the seatbelt?"

5, 4, 3...

"You might want to drive," the girl said, buckling herself in as accelerators howled and the race began.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
DOWN FORCE [m]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2020 21:28:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","ren"]I'M A SPEED KING, YOU GOTTA HEAR ME SING

It was a classic; dark, sleek, nothing flashy, a real hot-rod in a sea of overpriced, suped-up, lowered, hydrauliced, and otherwise overtuned hunks of paint and steel. His fingers sat aloft the ever so slightly cracked leather of the wheel, they danced across it with a certain love, a certain delicacy that spoke to his joy for the craft. That sun-bleached burgandy upholstery bore the pair well, it sapped away the tension of what was to come. While a neon glow bathed all within -- this was his paradise, the moment before the race, or so he might have you think. . .

"Hogan, my man. . ." Wheezed the similarly leather clad thug behind the controls. "We ain't settling fer third place again this time. Ya got that?" With his window rolled down, Salvatore exhalled the last of his unfiltered smoke, flicking the bud into stormy night, just before sealing the cabin back up. His own beady orbs made contact with the burning reds of the goliath abaft, both sharing a deep flame. Hogan merely nodded, allowing no change to come to his stoic face, simply crossing both trunk-like arms and gazing above to the sunroof.

"Fuck it. . ." He shot out under the duress of heavy rain slamming against them with a metallic pang. All at once it was drowned out by the cold, spine-tingling, cacophony of combustion. In near unison, every last ride spattered to life, they didn't need some voice calling out to them, countdowns were for the audience, true racers felt it coming miles away.

20, 19, 18. . .

". . . Second place ain't worth a shit either."  He grit those whites of his, a firm fist to the clutch.

10, 9, 8. . .

Sal didn't budge an inch, those wild eyes focusing hard as they could on the finish line far-far ahead. So much so, that he'd only half realize a sudden intrusion. . . "Way back, over the shoulder." He replied thoughtlessly. Another second passes by, and another. Only then, in that moment, did the leather-clad roadster creak his head by way of the tiny girl aside, he was no different than a Stantler in the headlights, dumbfounded.

"Eh. . ?"

5, 4, 3. . .

Salvatore snaps to, bleating, "The hell're you?! Get yer girly ass ou--"

"You might want to drive." The girl said, buckling herself in.

2, 1, GooOOOOOooooo!

The punk stammered, "Shit!" He belted out as fourteen other muscle cars burned rubber, leaving them well and truly in the dust, even if for just a moment. Sal shifted, slamming that steel-toed boot on the gas, sending the trio flying down those slick steel-mill roads in a screaming metal death trap.

He could barely find another second to pass a glance her way, setting his sights on the countless lights ahead of them, "Ya don't belong here kid!" The man wheezed out of those coarse lungs, "Get out. Yer fuckin' up my style." He added without waiting for a response, knowing full well as they barreled across the path of countless railway tracks, if he had any intention of winning this race, they couldn't stop now.

Wipers worked double-time to clear the rain, no easy drivin' was gonna get them ahead of even the next place, "Road's too thin. . !" He spat. "Aagh, this is gonna be yer fault kid." Sal kicked that machine of his into high gear, steering slightly off onto the rough and meagre cemented paths hoping to gain ground on the truck beyond them. Only then, in the vehicles bed, a tarp blew off, an immense azure turtle there stood, arms crossed and heavy cannons set their way, with a malicious smirk upon its face. . .
GALE - 606 WORDS -
[/div]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.ren]letter-spacing:-1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ren:hover]letter-spacing:1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
DOWN FORCE [m]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 11:48:41 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
Now that she was in a screaming, fast-moving vehicle hurtling down the street in the middle of a thunderstorm, Chryssa could finally relax. She had been worried the door would be locked, though in her experience, people seldom locked their cars when they were already inside. Nobody was expecting someone to just walk up and get in. 

Which was exactly why she'd done it. The girl waved off Salvatore's objections, though really she was enjoying the effect of the surprise entrance. This was one of her best yet. "Wow, you really are cool, aren't you?" she asked, taking in the rich, vintage interior with mild interest. She leaned around to smile at Hogan, ignoring Sal. "Hello, Machoke! My name's Chryssa."

She turned back, grabbing for a handhold just in time as the car flew off the main road, tremors shuddering through it as the driver tried to pass a different vehicle just ahead. A Blastoise? That has to be slowing it down! Chryssa thought, seeing the fully-evolved battle Pokemon uncover itself. The truck was slower--they were passing the other vehicle, even while veering off the road.

Even so, it wouldn't be enough. With a gargantuan step that rocked the truckbed it stood in, the Blastoise turned, following them with its cannons, swirling water building in each chamber. "Well! That doesn't look good." Time to pull her weight. "Whatever happens, keep driving," Chryssa said lightly, unbuckling her seat belt. "I'm counting on you to win."

The girl rolled down the window and rain immediately pelted the interior. A Pokeball appeared in her hand and Chryssa leaned her entire head and shoulders out into the storm, engine howling as they struggled to pass the other vehicle. With a steady arm, she pointed the red beam at the Blastoise and triggered the catch.

Seconds later, there was a fucking explosion. A wave of force burst from the opposite truckbed as whatever the girl had done detonated, slamming into their vehicle like a giant hand that swept the street and momentarily burst the rainstorm like an inverted bubble. Shock waves rippled from the point of impact, sending some cars spinning out of control, others using it to boost their own acceleration. In the distance, police sirens began to wail.

Thrilled, Chryssa howled out the window, laughing, shaking a fist above her head in triumph as the rain stung her eyes. She could see the remains of the Blastoise and her own Claydol smoking in the street behind them. Sorry, Auld. I'll come back for you later, she thought, finally pulling her head back into the car. As she settled in her face was flushed, radiant with victory.

"I know you weren't really looking for a partner," she said, "But again, my name's Chryssa."

@unraveller | The Agility & The Uproar
claydol used explosion

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
DOWN FORCE [m]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2020 22:32:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","ren"]I'M A SPEED KING, YOU GOTTA HEAR ME SING

'Keep drivin'? The hell this chick thinks she is?' Salvatore couldn't help but pout, his eyes barely falling on the threat ahead, refocusing on her, distracted by Chryssa's utter absurdity, somehow eclipsing the absurdity of the lifted truck just beside them as he put the pedal to the metal. He snapped that angular head of his her way in an instant as water rushed into the hot-rod.

"Yer ruinin' the fuckin-"

KRAK~OOOOM!

That shut him up.

Whether it was the blast itself, or the diminutive package that delivered it, none could say. Sal wheeled tight around the smoldering, spewn wreckage, weaving between the cinders and truck viscera, just trying to get back into a groove back onto the road. 'Neath another catwalk above the racers fly mechanical patter filling their ears, the thrill of the race their hearts. 'Just keep driving. . .' The punk mutters again, 'Like I got a fuckin' choice.'

Another hard shift and the old-fashioned roadster drifts back into place, "Salvatore Alfonso Moretti. . ." He lets out a wheeze from that smoker's lung, thumbing toward the hulk behind them whom raises a hand in kind, "Ya already met Hogan."  As the man speaks, he kicks the hell outta that engine, overtaking the next car up, a little thing bathed in neon and lowered about their dick's length off the ground. Over the intermittent cracks of light in the sky, you could make it out, easily. Red and blue flashes, clear as day to any of the demons amid the race, Salvatore ain't gettin' their asses caught this time, 'Not with this kid here. . .' He mused silently.

"The hell's yer problem Chrys?" He burst out, those beady eyes again affixed to the road ahead, wild and dancing between the pair of sports-cars just ahead of them.  Imagining all the possibilities, all the bullshit they'd no doubt pull, oh, how Sal missed the old days of the road, before everyone and their mothers started shoving their little monsters into it. "You lookin' to die or something?" He continued speeding on ahead, looking to slink right in between the pair just in-front of them.

Countless parked freight cars upon a number of disparate rail tracks lay ahead, maneuvering's gonna be tight, and speeds slower still, the most brutal moments were only just to come. Yet Sal's head seemed cool, aloof maybe, the fire in his gut was focused far beyond, to someone long ahead of them.

421 WORDS -
[/div]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.ren]letter-spacing:-1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ren:hover]letter-spacing:1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
DOWN FORCE [m]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2020 6:11:38 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
“I’m not looking to die, Mr. Moretti,” the girl said breathlessly, eyes fixed unblinkingly on the road before them. She took a deep breath, filling her lungs with the smell of leather and cigarette smoke. “I’m just looking to live.

The cry of sirens dulled, the glare of red and blue a distant shimmer through the raindrops as the race banked like a river bend. The rising song of firing pistons thrummed again in Chryssa’s ears, punctuated beat by beat with jarring bumps and flashing tail-lights. Car by car, they were gaining ground. 

“Tell me what you know about the Drift King,” she said as another jolt rocked the roadster and they forged off the pavement into the Rustboro Railyard. She had to grab onto a handle as the car slid on the loose shale, then drifted around and began maneuvering between the cars. The frenzied rush for speed had faded, replaced with meticulous calculation, instinct, every shift and subtle movement hard-wired into a course where one wrong move would meet a wall of unforgiving steel.

“Does the course change every time?” Chryssa asked, leaning forward and wincing despite herself at the jackhammer thud-thud-thud of railroad ties beneath their wheels. With this unpredictable obstacle on the path, it seemed like anyone’s game. “I imagine it’s hard to guess where the shipping containers will--”

There was a loud, violent jolt and something dragged on their car from behind, sending the girl slamming back in her seat. She heard the spinning tires scream in protest, striking sparks against the tracks. What on earth? She turned around in her seat, shielding her eyes against the glare.

Headlights blazed, drenching the cab in halogen light as an ironclad monster surged up behind them, twin streams of blue exhaust boiling from its horns. It was a modified semi-tractor, its squared-off shape barely fitting between the freight cars. Long plates of mismatched steel were welded to its body, providing an ugly but effective armor. From its dented and soot-blackened appearance, the behemoth had clearly already withstood several attacks, including Chryssa’s.

A grappling hook was embedded in Salvatore’s rear bumper, forming a false tow link between the two vehicles. Chryssa looked back, seeing a long straight stretch ahead--a prime opportunity to build up precious speed, but with the load they were dragging, what were they going to do when they came to a junction?

“I’ll cut the line,” she said, sorting through her Pokeballs in search of her Ninjask. A bug-type Pokemon would easily be able to cling to the moving vehicle while cutting through the grappling line. In fact--

A crunching sound came from directly above and a small, serrated pair of mandibles sheared suddenly through the car roof like a pair of pliers, crumpling the thin metal in between like a paper bag. Chryssa whipped back around to see a second Durant crossing the wire between the two cars, its jaws clicking. It all came together and she realized where the truck had gotten all the scrap metal for its unconventional armor. They weren’t just protection-- they were trophies from other racers.

“I think you’re about to get a convertible,” she said lightly.

@unraveller | The Agility & The Uproar
(3/5)

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,646 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
DOWN FORCE [m]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 23:10:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: