he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,408 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2020 20:49:41 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
*tap tap tap*

Even if you didn’t see him first, you’d easily be able to hear his metal cane tapping away at the ground.

Hideo was walking down the lower district street, his Lycanroc following by his side. He was supposed to be picking some medication up for his sister at a store down the street from their house, but his sister dropped an obvious hint that she wouldn’t need it for a while, so she wouldn't mind if it took him a little long to get it. And Rocky could easily find the way back home if they got lost, so why not try to catch some Pokemon while he had the chance?

He had a good feeling he’d find some wild Pokemon wandering around here. They were known for congregating in this part of the downtown.

Think we’ll find something good, Rocky?” he asked, his free hand brushing against his Lycanroc’s back.  Rocky didn’t have his "support pokemon" vest on - Hideo was ready to let him fight at a moment’s notice.  And he wouldn't need to hold on to a leash.

Ly!

Open to anyone - just ask on discord first

Pokeballs remaining: 10

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2020 21:21:31 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
After a while, his poor yanmega got tired of carrying him around, and then it was back to the ol' mark one walkers. Finding himself downtown, the boy figured he might try and seek out some grub. Although, he was unsure exactly what his stomach really desired. And so he wandered the streets. He had heard that this section of the city were home to a couple of breeds of wild pokemon.
[break][break]
It seemed like an odd prospect. With Slateport being the League's home base, Andy would have thought they would have had people keeping the streets clean of wild pokemon who could potentially injure people. Then again, in his mind the League had never been quite 'adept' at doing much at all. It's existence was perhaps the only thing that made him miss his homeland.
[break][break]
''Mn?'' The tapping noise coming from around a corner drew his attention from his thoughts. The constant and consistent patter made him curious if perhaps there was a wild pokemon just wandering around the sidewalk. It was worth a look. Leaning out to peer from beside the bricks he saw... a kid with a walking stick.
[break][break]
That wasn't what he was looking for.
[break][break]
Something about his first encounter with the visually impaired must have peaked his own pokemon's interest. The cool sheath of his gengar slid from where he had been tucked into the boy's shadow, and Andy cast an annoyed glance at the ground as he watched the dark puddle sleek across the concrete. While he had never been against poking fun at anyone, he had some limits.
[break][break]
While the other kid's pokemon probably easily spotted him, Epitaph took root in their shadow, stretching across their path. When their cane impacted his contorted ghostly form, it would no longer emit a noise. The gengar's red eyes split and opened in the shadow to glare up at the boy, the pokemon not realizing that such an occular horrifying reveal would be unnoticed.

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

hunting steel/electric types with
[attr="class","silpc-pkmn-img"]

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 6:01:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TYNAMO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THUNDER WAVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPARK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CHARGE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD EXCADRILL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MOLD BREAKER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HORN DRILL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRILL RUN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HONE CLAWS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUBMISSION

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,408 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 18:40:59 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
*tap tap tap*

*tap tap ---*

Hideo stopped walking, an eyebrow raised. “Huh. Weird.” He tapped the space in front of him again, receiving the same silent response. He certainly felt like his cane was tapping something, but it sounded like nothing. “Rocky? Am I hit-

He felt Rocky’s brush against his legs as he moved in front of him, the wolf pushing the boy back with his body. Hideo lost his balance, falling on his rear and dropping his cane. “What was that for?!” he asked, unaware Rocky was staring down the Gengar that just (failed) to spook him moments ago.

The only response he got was growling.

Must really got your attention,” he muttered, his hands patting around the ground. He half-thought to take out one of his other Pokemon and have them find his cane for him, but he reasoned it couldn’t have gone far. He had to be able to do at least that much for himself.

But that was easier thought than done. He began to crawl along the ground looking for it, until-

*tap tap tap* That was definitely his cane. But it wasn’t in his hand. *tap tap tap*

Someone, or something, had it. “Hello? Excuse me? That’s my cane. Can I have it back?

A brief pause in the tapping noise. “Exca!” he heard something shout, the tapping resuming once more. Sounded like a wild Pokemon had found it first, and anyone that could see could tell it was an Excadrill who’d grabbed his cane in its metal claws, and was joyfully tapping every unliving surface. Hideo rose to his feet, facing where he heard it talk. “Can I have that back please? I need it to tell where I’m going.

The tapping paused once more. “Dril?” it asked. Perhaps it would need more of an explanation - some Pokemon were smart enough to understand, so it was worth a shot. “I can’t see anything, so I use that to feel for stuff so I know where I’m walking. I really need it, so please give it back.

Drillllll...” That time sounded more like a whimper, but Hideo felt the familiar metal touch his hand. He took it back gently, noticing that it felt like it had scraped against something metallic as he pulled it. Was this Pokemon a steel-type?

But as he thought about it, he heard a new noise. *tink tink tink, tink tink tink*. Followed by more whimpering; though he couldn’t see it, the Pokemon had sat on the ground, tapping away at ground with its claw. It was easy for him to guess the wild Pokemon was making that noise, but was it really that sad about not keeping his cane?

Do...you want to play with it some more?” Answered by an exuberant “Dril!” Seemed like he’d found what it wanted. “I can’t just give it to you...but if you want, you can come with me! I use it all the time, so you’ll get to hear me use it a lot.  And you can play with it when I don't need it.” He retrieved a Pokeball from his pocket, expanding it to its full size - but holding it in place.

He grinned when he heard another excited “Dril! Dril!” He would then go to press it against the Excadrill, intended to draw it in and capture it.

Only upon hearing the Pokeball noise would Rocky finally turn around to face his trainer, having been distracted watching out for the Gengar the entire time (whether or not it was still there).

Pokeballs remaining: 10

Hideo is attempting to capture the Excadrill

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2020 6:38:45 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

At first the genger blinked in confusion, having rarely encountered someone immune to his freights. When the boy's guard lycanroc came to his defense, the ghost pokemon slid up, reforming its existence from the ground. It grinned at the stony dog, unphased by its bristling. When he saw their master crawling around searching for their cane, the smile receded, as he finally realized what was happening.
[break][break]
Further, his eyebrow arched as an excadrill took up the tactile eye aid. Was that another one of the other kid's pokemon? The scene that played out proved that it wasn't. It was the easiest pokemon capture the gengar had ever seen take place. Diverting his crimson eyes to the lycanroc, he glared questioningly, wondering if he would have to fight this one at least.
[break][break]
''Gengar?'' He finally spoke. Andy had stepped around the corner and leaned against the bricks cooly, observing to see if his compatriot would end up starting a conflict in his curiosity. It wouldn't have been the first time. A little further up the street, a trashcan was knocked aside as a tynamo slithered out looking rather vexed. Perhaps all the noise had disturbed it.
[break][break]
''Tynamo! Ty!'' It blurbled. Electricity sparked around its crisscross mouth. Andy straightened from his relaxed pose, uncertain how situationally aware the other boy was. ''Taph! Put a lid on that fish!'' He commanded. ''Gen?'' The ghost's eyes shifted to the newly appeared threat and his grin parted to unleash his freakishly long tongue.
[break][break]
''Gaaaar!'' The appendage rocketed past the blind kid and his lycanroc with precision and alacrity. The tip of it slid up to the electric fish and tickled along the scales down its side. The sparking died away and the offending pokemon flopped to the concrete, paralyzed. His own shoes tapping on the sidewalk, the Blackadder boy closed the distance enough to retrieve an empty pokeball of his own.

[break]
-catching tynamo

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2020 3:49:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MINUN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MINUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ELECTRO BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FAKE TEARS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TRUMP CARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPARK

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KLANG APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PLUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CHARGE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METAL SOUND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ZAP CANNON

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,408 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 4:18:01 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The Excadrill was pulled into his Pokeball, staying in without a fight. Hideo couldn’t resist some delightful giggling; it was the second Pokemon he’d ever caught, and it was the first Pokemon he’d ever caught on his own!

He’d just have to find out what he caught when he got back home.

The brush of his Lycanroc’s tail brought back his focus, reminding him he’d been pushed away from something moments. That thing being a Gengar, as evidenced by the ghost saying its name aloud. “Gengar are pretty rare to find this time of day,” he muttered, pocketing his newest capture and preparing another empty Pokeball.

Only to be interrupted by the sound of another Pokemon knocking down a trash can behind them. The new Pokemon announced its presence as well, a Tynamo. But before Hideo or Rocky could react, he heard someone shout an order - the Gengar responding. Something whizzed by him, followed by the flopping noise of something dropping to the ground.

The sound of someone’s shoes against the sidewalk was hard to miss, as was the distinctive noise of a Pokeball catching its target. Most likely the same person who shouted that order - and the Gengar’s trainer.

Thanks for that!” Hideo said, without a hint of sarcasm in his voice. “Crazy how wild Pokemon still pop up in the middle of Slateport, right?

As if on cue, he heard the cries of another Pokemon nearby - actual crying. “Minuuuuununun!” it sobbed, steadily approaching him. It sounded like it was pretty close to the ground - probably a short pokemon - so he knelt down, offering the probably-terrified Minun a comforting smile.

Unaware that these tears were fake, that it was all just a ruse to keep him off guard.

Once he got close, the Minun peeked through its fingers, flashing a devious grin. Had Hideo understood Pokemon, he would’ve known that the proceeding “Minuuuuuuun!” was him being mocked for being so gullible. Its cheeks crackled with electricity, and it jumped at the boy, ready to shock him-

And was promptly charged by Rocky, his body glowing white. The sudden attack sent the small shocked mouse flying into a nearby wall, smashing into it with a dull *thud*. It hit the ground face-first, and didn’t move much after that.

Hideo had heard the crackling electricity as the Minun jumped at him, telling him that his Pokemon’s sudden attack wasn’t unwarranted. “Thanks for the save, Rocky! Guess some of them can be craftier than others. Bring it here, would you?

His Pokemon did just that, carrying the Minun over in his mouth, quite literally dropping it at the boy’s feet. He tapped it with the empty Pokeball he still had in hand, intending to take this crafty Minun with him.

My name’s Hideo, by the way. You?” Meant for the other trainer that he was sure was still there.

Pokeballs remaining: 9

Hideo is attempting to capture the Minun

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 21:32:48 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Not really,'' he answered the kid's question while pocketing the freshly filled pokeball. ''Have you seen who runs this place?'' Then he realized the phrasing. Of course they hadn't. Perhaps it would come off as a stab at them. Though whatever faux pas he committed was distracted by a minun approaching the other trainer, apparently distraught.
[break][break]
Gengar came to stand by him as they observed the situation. Andy tensed as the little rabbit pokemon sprung his ambush. Something had felt off about it, but it wasn't like he was a pokemon mind reader. Their lycanroc had the situation in tow however. Soon, the crafty bunny belonged to the younger boy as well, after a deserved thrashing.
[break][break]
''Blackadder,'' he answered, crossing his arms over his chest. ''Andy Blackadder.'' Gengar glanced at him with a lopsided grin, almost rolling his eyes. Look at his master trying to make himself sound cool. ''What are you doing out here?'' 'Alone' was almost added as well, but since he got annoyed with people always asking why he was wandering alone, it was decided to drop it.
[break][break]
''Gengar.'' The ghost tugged at the sleeve on his shirt, pointing with his free hand at a klang that was peering around a corner. Or at least it looked like it was peering. Did it even have eyes? Spotted, the klang got defensive, and came around the corner to seem threatening and scare the two trainers off. It said nothing, but magnetically made metallic sounds.
[break][break]
''Deal with it, Epitaph.'' Now his grin came back to full luster. His hands came up as dark energy cracked in between them to form a shadow ball. He flung it at the steel gear and who seemed to freeze at the display of power. After the crackle of the impact, Andy drew another pokeball, tossing it into the air and catching it a couple of times before flinging it at the disabled pokemon.

[break]
-catching klang

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 22:50:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BRONZONG APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HEATPROOF
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BLOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EXTRASENSORY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEAVY SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WEATHER BALL

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FERROSEED APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] IRON BARBS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]IRON DEFENSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PIN MISSILE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METAL CLAW

[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,408 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2020 21:17:01 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
There was a sly grin on Hideo’s face. While he didn’t go out of his way to hide his blindness, he didn’t go out of his way to make it obvious either. So when people used a phrase like “have you seen”, it was fun to guess if they knew or not.

No, can’t say I have,” he said, his newest capture in hand. “Haven’t heard a lot of people complaining about’em though. And it makes it a lot easier for me to catch some. Been pretty hard to get out on my own with everything going on, so I take the chance when I get it.” And so far, he was two-for-two, with plenty of Pokeballs to spare.

Rocky was already between his trainer and the Klang, but Andy’s Gengar beat him to the punch. Hideo kept the empty Pokeball in his hand, but let his arm down; Andy’s Pokemon got the knockout, so it was his capture - so was the rule he’d been taught by his siblings.

Plus, he’d feel like a jerk if he stole it from under him.

Shooting the question back didn’t seem like a bad choice. “So how about you? You here to catch Pokemon too?” Made sense to him, since he seemed to be catching Pokemon liberally as well.

On the topic of catching Pokemon, another one seemed to arrive: he heard the “Ferro, ferro,” cries a short distance away. A Ferroseed had wandered nearby - and upon noticing the two trainers and their Pokemon, was trying to float away. Slowly. “Dibs!” Hideo announced, patting Rocky on the back, “Rocky, bring it here!

Rocky nodded, several bright white lights appearing around him. The lights expanded, eventually disappearing, leaving several large rocks floating above. They shot towards the Ferroseed, pinning her down and cutting off her escape.

It was easy enough for him to catch up to her, but now he had to bring her back; after pushing the rocks off her, he pushed her back with his claws, trying not to touch any of her barbs. The *tink* from each hit was the only way for Hideo to know it was getting any closer, until he could hear the iron barbs themselves rolling against the ground.

Nice catch, Rocky!” Hideo said, pushing his Pokeball against the Ferroseed.

Rocky here’s the first Pokemon I ever got. And lots of people say he’s my strongest. How about you, Andy? Is Epitaph there your first?

Pokeballs remaining: 8

Hideo is attempting to capture the Ferroseed

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2020 0:49:28 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

For a moment he thought a joke was coming, but this Hideo seemed to play it straight thus far. He supposed he couldn't blame the other boy for not hearing any gripes about the League. Who discussed politics with a kid? He couldn't blame him for taking what he could get. After all the trouble he had incurred for trying to help at Mauville, he couldn't imagine what horrors would have befallen Hideo.
[break][break]
''I was actually looking for a good place to stuff my face. Shit just happened.'' He shrugged in earnest. ''Like always.'' An addition with audible bitterness. It seemed as if it may go unnoticed though. The younger boy was off down the street after a ferroseed. Andy sauntered along after him, Epitaph giving a questioning glance as he followed suit.
[break][break]
''Might as well make sure he doesn't get wrecked. Those ugly little fuckers are like mace heads,'' the gengar's concern was addressed. The two arrived just as Hideo had his prize. It looked like the situation was well handled. Perhaps this kid was more capable than he looked for a blind guy. His chocolate orbs blinked at their question. Few had ever bothered to learn his pokemon's name.
[break][break]
''Aye, that he was. He was a gastly when I caught him though.'' The ghost frowned. He never liked his first defeat being recounted, especially for someone they just met. ''I was a lot younger than you at the time. How old are you anyway? At the crown of the building by which the two stood, another pokemon appeared. It glared down at the two.
[break][break]
The ferroseed's cries had drawn the bronzong's attention. It couldn't believe it. It was too late to protect his little spiky friend. Who had done the deed? The bigger one, or the little one? It didn't take long to decide. If they had taken its little friend, it would take theirs. Levitating over the side of the building, the bell pokemon angled down on the smaller boy with a heavy slam.
[break][break]
''GENGAR!'' Andy's pokemon slapped his shoulder, and after a glance up at the rocketing assailant, he jerked forwards hoping to tackle the smaller boy out of the way. Perhaps one or both of them would get scuffed up slamming into the concrete so recklessly, but it was better than being a pancake. As the bronzong fell, he slowed however.
[break][break]
With the use of his ghostly poltergeist, he froze the bronzong in the air. Its eyes blinked in confusion before narrowing at the gengar. But Epitaph wasn't waiting to see the counterattack, slamming the bell into the street rather than the sidewalk with a metallic clonk. Scrambling to his feet, Andy quickly pressed another ball onto the disabled attacker. Best get it out of the way.

[break]
-catching bronzor

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2020 7:36:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ALOLAN DIGLETT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DIG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EARTHQUAKE

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PAWNIARD APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INNER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]IRON HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCARY FACE

[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,408 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2020 17:58:39 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The first thing Hideo noticed was that Andy had quite the way of speaking. Very casual, fairly aggressive, and a bit sweary. It didn’t catch him off-guard though; if anything, it left him feeling more comfortable, his smile unwavering. It reminded him of his older sister.

There should be a noodle place around here.” he said, listening as Rocky brought the Ferroseed closer and closer. “My brother brought me there a few times. Saltiest stuff you can find in all of Slateport! And it’s pretty cheap too.

The Ferroseed was taken into the Pokeball. She seemed to struggle for a bit, shaking the ball, but her resistance ended.

Eleven,” he responded, shoving the Ferroseed’s ball back in his pocket. And though Andy hadn’t asked, Hideo thought he might as well talk about his Pokemon as well. “Had Rocky here since I was six. He was a little Rockruff back then. Still acts like one too when nobody else is looking!

Rocky brushed his head against Hideo’s leg - or that’s how it would look. That brush had a bit of force to it - his way of telling Hideo to not keep telling that to strangers. But it only made the boy giggle, brushing his hand on the Lycanroc’s head. “No need to be rough, Rocky! Just making-

Had Rocky not been distracted by embarrassment, he would have noticed the incoming Bronzong sooner. He would have tackled Hideo out of the way, but to his fortune, Andy took the initiative, tackling his trainer down mid-sentence.

Hideo made sure to keep a grip on his cane this time, but still hit the ground hard. His sweater took the brunt of it, but he was gonna feel that for a while. He only realized what danger he’d been in when his attacker hit the street, its clanging body echoing loudly. “Thanks again,” he said, standing back up once Andy was off of him, his cheeks slightly reddened. “Guess that’s twice you’ve covered me.

But before he could wallow in his own embarrassment, he was distracted by the sound of rocks hitting something nearby him. Rocky, enraged by his trainer’s near-smashing, had been denied his revenge when Andy captured the attacker, and was lashing out against the nearest not-Gengar Pokemon he found, the rocks he’d prepared tossed at his new target. And was now going at it with his teeth.

Hideo couldn’t see it, but he knew his Pokemon was going out of control. “Rocky! Rocky, calm down! I’m alright! See?” He was a little sore, but the worst was his sweater was dirtied. Carefully, he approached Rocky, his free hand forward, guided by the sound of whatever Pokemon he’d found crying for help.

Warm fur was the indication that he’d found his Pokemon, who he could hear growling. “Rocky, give it here,” he ordered, his hand open. The wolf turned to look at him, the Pokemon he’d caught still in his mouth (and crying), but refused to put it down. “Come on boy, give it here.” He reached forward, finding Rocky’s mouth quickly and feeling what he’d caught; it was small and soft. And definitely alive. But Rocky just wouldn’t give it up.

He’d have to save it before Rocky did some permanent damage. Hideo took a spare Pokeball out of his pocket, pressing it against whatever it was (it felt like a Diglett, but had a weird thing on top of where its head should be, so he was clueless) in hopes that he could save it from being crushed.

Pokeballs remaining: 9

Hideo is attempting to capture the Alolan Diglett

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 0:20:27 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

The thought had cross his mind to go and offer a hand to the younger trainer, but then he had to remind himself that short of slapping at him with it, he probably wouldn't notice. It was a new experience, really interacting with someone who had a disability. Of course Galar had all sorts of citizens, especially Wyndon, but Andy was, shall we say, somewhat anti-social.
[break][break]
''Yeah, don't mention it.'' Charitable acts always made him feel a bit weird, but the last thing he wanted to see is an eleven year old boy get made into marmalade, especially after Mauville. One human pancake was enough to last him a lifetime. Of course any traumatic memories of the conflict were pushed away from his attention at the aggressiveness of the Hideo's lycanroc.
[break][break]
It was thrashing a diglett it had found nearby. Both he and his gengar watched in confusion. It was a little disturbing. Briefly they exchanged glances. The only pokemon that Andy owned that was so aggressive was his sharpedo, and that thing absolutely unnerved him, mostly because it was a stone cold killer. Seemed a little extreme for a guide pokemon.
[break][break]
But then these were probably extenuating circumstances.
[break][break]
''Shit. He's a little rough, don't you think? Of course Hideo would know his pokemon better than he would. ''Gengar...'' His ghostly companion agreed. A pair of eyes that shone like the orange sun caught the pokemon's own red orbs lurking in the shade of a nearby alley. Tapping at the Blackadder boy's shoulder, he pointed it out to him.
[break][break]
''Go check it out then'' The bulbous ghost bounded up the alley, ''gengar. Gengar.'' A pawniard peeking from behind a dumpster did not appreciate the intrusion. It leapt out with its claws. ''PAWN!'' It swiped the encroaching ghost with a fury cutter but stepped back in awe as it did little to bother a ghost type pokemon.
[break][break]
''Pawniard?!'' A cool feeling came over their claws from the disappearing gashes on the gengar's purple cursed body. ''Gengar.'' With a flash of malice in his crimson eyes, the pokemon came to be hypnotized. By now, Andy was walking up the alley to see what trouble his charge had stirred up.
[break][break]
''Bloody hell, Taph. These are rather desirable, yeah?'' He removed yet another pokeball. Noting the nearly nonexistent wounds, he added. ''Nothing too serious, right?'' The pokemon shook his head. ''Gen.'' A smile crept onto Andy's face. ''Ab-Fab, mate,'' he said as his ball inhaled the pawniard.

hunting steel/electric types with [attr="class","silpc-pkmn-img"]
[break]
-catching pawniard

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Downtown Hunt [dw/o]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 8:04:00 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PERRSERKER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BATTLE ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]IRON HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PAY DAY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[break]

[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GEODUDE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NO GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STONE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MAGNITUDE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STEALTH ROCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EARTHQUAKE

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]YOUR PREVIOUS CAPTURES ARE SUCCESSFUL!