apologies

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
apologies
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 2:54:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700,700i|Open+Sans:400,400i,700]

[newclass=.angelonfire] --aofAccent:#bf94e4; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar img] animation-play-state:running!important;[/newclass]

[attr="class","angelonfire"]
[attr="class","aofSidebar"]

[attr="class","aofBody"]

guilt. [break][break]

she was familiar with it. she was aware of it. it's what has stopped her from actually approaching the door of someone she met once, and had hoped to never see again. even though she shouldn't be scared. even though she was the one people feared. even though she knows she has no right to fear (not when the woman who holds a life in her hands threatens to end it when she isn't given silence). even if she can't remember it, the gun shot rang clear in her ears and the pain that followed makes her cringe when she thinks back to it. [break][break]

the nurse gently runs her fingers over her thigh, specifically where the gun wound had since healed. at this point, any part that showed some kind of hinderance was a result of psychological damage. [break][break]

what was she even doing here? should she be? did she have a right to be? what would her reaction be, when she knocked on the door? what would wendy say, after the door opened? how was she going to greet her? how was she going to apologize? she doesn't even have time to hash out these details, when her hand moves ahead of her thoughts and her fingers lightly knock against the dormitory door.

and some notes go here! they autoexpand. so go wild, mon frere.

[attr="class","aofCredit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.angelonfire] width:575px; border-radius:5px; background-color:#eee; overflow:hidden; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar] width:200px; background-color:#5a5a5a; background-color:var(--aofAccent); display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar img] width:100px; height:100px; position:absolute; z-index:1; padding:5px; background-color:#fafafa; border:10px solid #333; border-radius:100%; animation: aofpulse 5s infinite; animation-play-state:paused; } @keyframes aofpulse { 0% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); } 50% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); } 100% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); }[/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar div:last-child] display:block; width:190px; overflow-wrap: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; text-align:left; position:absolute; bottom:-5px; left:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar div:last-child a] font:700 30px/25px montserrat; font-style:italic; text-transform:lowercase; color:#fafafa!important; text-shadow:-1px -1px 0 #333, 1px -1px 0 #333, -1px 1px 0 #333, 1px 1px 0 #333; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar:before] content:''; position:absolute; width:100%; height:500px; bottom:0px; left:0px; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/mZ7zmp/1_by_Cold_Love98_1_copy.png); opacity:.15; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody] width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody b] font:700 10px montserrat; color:var(--aofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody i] color:#999; border-bottom:1px solid var(--aofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody div:first-child] width:272px; min-height:125px; margin:25px 25px 0px 25px; padding:0px 25px; border-left:1px solid #ddd; border-right:1px solid #ddd; font:400 10px open sans; text-align:justify; color:#6a6a6a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody div:last-child] width:325px; text-align:justify; font:400 10px open sans; color:#aaa; padding:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofCredit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:500px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofCredit a] font:bold 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
it’s all winter here, even in august
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
apologies
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2020 19:18:40 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

mcflurry's dormitory room was... cold. it eked out from under the door, and when mcflurry opened the door, it was like opening a freezer.

moreover, though, mcflurry was cold. not as a metaphor for her expression, or her disposition, or her new style of clothing. but she was cold, everything about her was cold — and when she exhaled from the sight of the woman who mercilessly healed her, her breath was damn near opaque, visible in the air.

her eyes burned like a glacier as she looked on the guest silently. stared. judged.

"...come in."

mcflurry shuffles into her freezing home, wearing nothing but a black shirt and her working pants. she'd just gotten off a shift, it seemed, based on the equipment strewn on a nearby counter.

"how may i mchelp you, d-doctor... olson?"

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
apologies
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2020 19:35:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700,700i|Open+Sans:400,400i,700]

[newclass=.angelonfire] --aofAccent:#bf94e4; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar img] animation-play-state:running!important;[/newclass]

[attr="class","angelonfire"]
[attr="class","aofSidebar"]

[attr="class","aofBody"]

it was too late. [break][break]

the door opened, so there was nowhere for her to run. she was stuck there, frozen, like a deerling in headlights. the frigid air was enough for her pokemon to revel in it, being the ghosts that they are. it was a blessing that they didn't decide to come out to try and.. "comfort" her. the doctor takes a deep breath, filling her lungs before gently nodding her head. [break][break]

the entry was slow, but she didn't want to hold mcflurry for too long. if it weren't for her forcing herself, she would have stayed frozen at the door. "th-thank you.." the meek doctor holds her hands over her stomach, close to her body. yet she keep sher eyes down, unwilling and unable to look the black-clad woman in the eye. [break][break]

with the door closed, the nurse turns around, then deeply bowing her head with her hands against her lap. "i-i'm really sorry!" she blurts out, the embarrassment reaching her ears as she tries to maintain it. "i-i'm really sorry that i scared you..! i-i never meant to h-hurt you, a-and.." she begins to ramble, the guilt boiling over as tears welled up in her eyes.

she feels the guilt in her bones. heh. get it? bones? dr. bones? *wheeze*

[attr="class","aofCredit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.angelonfire] width:575px; border-radius:5px; background-color:#eee; overflow:hidden; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar] width:200px; background-color:#5a5a5a; background-color:var(--aofAccent); display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar img] width:100px; height:100px; position:absolute; z-index:1; padding:5px; background-color:#fafafa; border:10px solid #333; border-radius:100%; animation: aofpulse 5s infinite; animation-play-state:paused; } @keyframes aofpulse { 0% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); } 50% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); } 100% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); }[/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar div:last-child] display:block; width:190px; overflow-wrap: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; text-align:left; position:absolute; bottom:-5px; left:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar div:last-child a] font:700 30px/25px montserrat; font-style:italic; text-transform:lowercase; color:#fafafa!important; text-shadow:-1px -1px 0 #333, 1px -1px 0 #333, -1px 1px 0 #333, 1px 1px 0 #333; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar:before] content:''; position:absolute; width:100%; height:500px; bottom:0px; left:0px; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/mZ7zmp/1_by_Cold_Love98_1_copy.png); opacity:.15; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody] width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody b] font:700 10px montserrat; color:var(--aofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody i] color:#999; border-bottom:1px solid var(--aofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody div:first-child] width:272px; min-height:125px; margin:25px 25px 0px 25px; padding:0px 25px; border-left:1px solid #ddd; border-right:1px solid #ddd; font:400 10px open sans; text-align:justify; color:#6a6a6a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody div:last-child] width:325px; text-align:justify; font:400 10px open sans; color:#aaa; padding:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofCredit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:500px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofCredit a] font:bold 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
it’s all winter here, even in august
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
apologies
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2020 23:08:56 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

mcflurry watches the tears with an almost apathetic expression, except for the crinkles in the corners of her eyes and the way her eyebrows tilt. like pity. like empathy. like disappointment.

she waits for the doctor to dissolve into blurbles as she continues what she was doing previously — which was boiling some water on a kettle, apparently. she listens to the rambles. tries to make sense of it. it's barely anything, but — it's there. she'd be hypocritical to not understand mutterings, or ignore incoherent drivel.

a sharp whistle cut wendy off, and mcflurry silently poured both herself and the doctor a cup, dunking in tea bags and offering it to wendy over the kitchen counter.

"mc... mc."

mcflurry attempts to start, but there's a dead tired look in her eyes, like she just doesn't like looking at wendy as a person. still, she charges on.

"i-i don't know what... what happened. or who you a-are as, a, mcperson. but..."

mcflurry took a seat on a high chair at her counter, facing wendy with an unreadable expression once more.

"i suppose... this is a step in the right direction. o-of sorts. mc. but."

and then the a/c blasted forth — or maybe a window was open and a breeze blew in. or maybe the freezer snuck open. it's not entirely certain, but the room got colder, and mcflurry barely notices, still pinning wendy down with those ice-cold eyes.

"why... why did it happen, doctor olson?"

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]