awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
reckoning [c]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 23:28:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando stares back, unsure of what the other man wants. Their verbal detour goes beyond full circle. It’s an entire loop. Enough to distract him from everything exception his initial point. His thought process comes full stop.

So he repeats the question, equally unaware.

What?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
reckoning [c]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 23:39:06 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Is he fucking serious—

Those were the first thoughts that crossed his mind the moment he realized what was going on.

Is he really going to turn the question on me? And we just bounce it off each other in an endless circle? He continued to himself as he pinched the bridge of his nose once more.

Gah, what the fuck.

“Sometimes,” he began, after taking a deep breath to calm his shattered nerves down, “…certain things go over my head. So I do need whatever you want to say pointed out to me so it doesn’t get lost in translation. Context, and all.”

He didn’t know if they were still going to be going around in circles after this.

Who knew?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
reckoning [c]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 23:54:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Oh.” That, in full, connects the dots for him. Fernando smiles with a smugness that knows no equal. “Why didn’t you say that earlier?

However, just because Fernando understands does not mean he has the energy to explain in detail. To break it down to every last sentence is an endeavor above his time. He feels like , unable to be assed with with a chore.

But that’s where they differ. After a moment, Fernando folds.

I say you’re welcome because my request to bring you along means you were at Meteor Falls instead of Mauville or Lilycove.

Fernando clicks his tongue.

I say we’re lucky because, as you said, the worst thing that happened was an alien appeared and attacked a Megalopolan. The other warfronts were not so kind to our upper echelon.

And then he folds his hands.

I ask what you think of Alexander and Talia because I believe them to be strong trainers. If such strong trainers such as them can be felled in Mauville and Lilycove then we are no exception. That could have easily been you, Anderson.

A flash of teeth make his smile picture perfect.

But you do not have to worry about such a thing, because I called you away from both those warfront. I called you into the one where, relatively, nothing bad happened. I pulled you into the lucky warfront.

Spelling it out is annoying but a chance to gloat is not something he can pass up.

Therefore, you’re welcome.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
reckoning [c]
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 0:04:28 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars ended up squinting at the other man’s smug expression—in that moment, he had a feeling he was going to lord it over him, and fucking lord it over excessively until he chose to stop.

Which was most likely going to be never, but then again who knew what the other man was thinking.

He was tempted to snark back, but knew that against this man at least, his snarking would have little to absolutely no effect at all.

Therefore, he settles with this instead:

“Thank you, then.”

Was that what he wanted to hear? He had no idea.

Who knew what the other wanted to ask him afterward?

Death was a sobering thing to think about, after all. The last time he had to process something like this was back when he was much younger.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
reckoning [c]
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 0:42:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“You’re welcome,” Fernando accepts with the grace fit for the king he was always meant to be. What comes next seems genuine in retrospect. “I’m glad you made it out safe, Anderson.

Now, they can move on to other matters.

And I appreciate the reports. Anything else while you have me?

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
reckoning [c]
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 12:03:48 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the mention of ‘anything else’, that brought him back to what he remembered seeing.

Literally flying into the face of danger of just to save their only source of information.

To be fair, most of the mythos he was aware of surrounded the infamous ‘Weather Trio’, well—most variants of splintered stories he knew surrounded the one who supposedly slumbered beneath the crater lake.

He remembered the humanoid, alien-like beast—

“Do you know what that was? The alien-looking thing. The one that tried to take the enemy general for itself?”

Because he was absolutely sure he had not seen that anywhere, ever.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
reckoning [c]
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 18:03:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RECKONING

TWO HEADS TANGLE BETWEEN IRON FEET

“AH. YES. IT’S A POKEMON.”

Fernando states the obvious because it’s true and it reaffirms what he knows. Unless the other starts probing, there’s no reason to divulge more. And even then, there’s still not a reason to leak what the other doesn’t know. Because, what’s the point in revealing information of no consequence.

Why do you ask?

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
reckoning [c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 1:51:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: