2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
burn baby burn [bb/m]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 0:56:25 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Just like we practiced, boneling." The shell of bone felt rough under her touch, fingertips gently poking at the Alolan Marowak's skull. Captain Skyler Dross met the pokémon's solemn expression with a cheerful one of her own, affection lingering in the curve of her smile. If she'd been told a few months ago that she'd grow so attached to a ghost type, she would've laughed in their faces. And then would've thrown them overboard.

With the taste of tequila still burning on her tongue and her bomber jacket discarded to the side, Skyler checked the rest of her pokémon: Pollux was by her side, the glowing rings on his body creating a faint aura around the Umbreon; Murzim was on her other side, the Minior's indigo light swirling around its core. 

"Right." A nod, and both of her staffs, one on each hand, were alight with flickering flames. Her boneling stepped in front of her, his bone bursting with familiar cyan fire. Anticipation had the captain holding her breath, a delicious thrill shooting up her spine at the first few beats of the drum.

Then the staffs in Skyler's hands jumped into motion, creating patterns of shifting flames reflected in moonlit eyes - and everything became automatic. Practiced. The captain let her muscle memory guide her, not shying away from the hungry tongues of fire that licked at her scarred skin.

Ploughing through the inevitable stumbles, the captain let herself enjoy the frisson of danger that crackled on her skin - a wild, fierce smile upon her lips.

It almost made up for the part where she nearly burned some guy's eyebrows off.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
burn baby burn [bb/m]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 10:53:02 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Baskerville:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-rt]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
MISSION: FESTIVAL FANTASIES

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]
[break][break]

A swift parry of the flaming staff was, perhaps, dangerous for both parties involved. But Remiel would have had his eyebrows burned off otherwise. And that simply could not happen before his performance.[break][break]

A throng of people were expecting to see the Galarian ambassador himself strike down a barrage of fruit in quick succession, after all. He wasn't going to show up as some browless freak in traditional Galarian chain mail. That sort of image could follow him around for the rest of his public life.[break][break]

"Miss Dross?" He inquiries, still holding the one Doublade up as he tilts his head curiously at the blonde. He lowers his pokemon weapon shortly thereafter. The pink, emblazoned scarf it has wrapped around his arm loosens. "You're performing tonight as well, I see."

[break]
mission: FESTIVAL FANTASIES[break]
notes:

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-rtcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .accentbg"]background: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .accentborder"]border-color: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a, .punkianger-rt .bulk b, .punkianger-rtcredit a"]color: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image"]background-image: url('https://pile.randimg.net/2/195/173989/skycrashtemplate.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.0; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 12px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 38px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Baskerville'; color: #999999; font-size: 12px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 38px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rtcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rtcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
burn baby burn [bb/m]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 20:55:30 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

The unexpected collision sent a shock through Skyler's arm, and her white-knuckled grip on the staff tightened instinctively as she narrowly avoided setting her own chaotic mane of hair aflame. Still riding her adrenaline high, Skyler's quicksilver gaze quickly ghosted over the possessed sword. 

There was a minute hesitation, the remnants of sailor superstition whispering over her expression before it finally settled into something impetuous. Her feet sunk stubbornly into the ground despite her fears - or more likely, because of them. Defiance writing itself over every inch of her posture.

The smile that met Remiel had enough teeth to bite.

Of course, the Galarian regalia didn't go unnoticed. Nor did the cobalt blue eyes, closely followed by a familiar posh accent. "Mr Calcifet." The title was drawled out slowly, as if Skyler was taking the time to taste each of the syllables - and finding their flavor wanting. Unlike the royal, she didn't step back, didn't lower her staff.

Flames still flickered strange shadows over her face as she regarded the royal, the taste of alcohol on her tongue replaced by something else: amusement.

"Are you challenging me to a duel?" 

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
burn baby burn [bb/m]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 8:52:27 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]
[break][break]

Her body language and voice brimmed with derision and distaste. Perhaps it hadn't been so prevalent before. Perhaps he hadn't cared enough to notice it. But here, face-to-face with weapons in hand, even Remiel could pick it up: didn't like him.[break][break]

The young man couldn't say he was surprised or distraught over the fact, however. He'd endured such prejudices before. If it wasn't someone who disliked him simply for his status as a royal, then it was someone who ran in those circles and disliked him for fraternizing with the likes of 'common' folk. In truth, he treated this royalty as a curse. But saying so never defused a situation.[break][break]

That being the case, the prince quickly discerned the kind of language a woman like Dross spoke: the language of action. He sighs, pausing to turn to and fro and regard the small crowd onlookers that had gathered around them. "I suppose I do have a few minutes to spare," He remarks, indifferently shifting his eyes back onto her. "And it seems they're all ready for us to give them a show, hm?"[break][break]

He sighs, turning around to take a few steps away and create some distance between them. "I'll only go as far as you take this, but I don't want you to hold back. Give me everything you got." The prince requests, spinning a single blade as he turns back around. Swords against flaming staffs seemed like an unfair advantage. But he was sure Skyler knew how to handle herself.[break]

[break]
notes:

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a, .punkianger-rt .bulk b, .punkianger-rtcredit a"]color: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image"]background-image: url('https://pile.randimg.net/2/195/173989/skycrashtemplate.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.0; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 12px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 38px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Baskerville'; color: #999999; font-size: 12px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 38px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rtcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
burn baby burn [bb/m]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 14:03:42 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

She'd been unaware of the curious onlookers who'd gathered to watch her performance, too caught up in the tongues of flame that threatened to lick at her skin in bewitching arcs of light against the night sky. Her look mirrored that of Remiel, surprise flashing briefly in her eyes before it was smothered by the challenge laid at her feet.

Its allure too great for her to ignore.

The sharp grin that pulled at her mouth was a pale shadow of the adrenaline that surged through her veins. "Whatever gave you the idea that I would be holding back, Mr Calcifet?" The royal stepped away from her, and she followed his path with eager eyes, invisibly drawing the arena in which they'd be facing off.

"Wouldn't that be insulting?" One of the staffs spun lazily in her grasp. Once. Twice. Three times. "Surely you don't think that I'd think so little of you?" Their interactions in the past had been limited, but enough that they'd left a bad taste lingering in her mouth. Angelo seemed to enjoy the royal's company, however, so Skyler's curiosity was piqued.

Her feet shifted, a fluid movement not unlike those of her fire dance. The next time she spun one of her staffs her body followed its arc, the lightning-fast strike aiming for Remiel's side. 

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
burn baby burn [bb/m]
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 10:04:11 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]
[break][break]

That was precisely what he thought, of course. But he figured she knew that already. Abandoning the idea of answering that rhetorical question, Remiel instead narrowed his eyes on the female. Then his body acted almost instinctively as soon as Skyler swung forward.[break][break]

Shifting into a swift defensive stance, the royal used the flat side of a Doublade to block the incoming strike. A swift pivot to his left was followed by a parry, though the staff's flames came close to licking his arm. His suit— equal parts cloth, leather, and chain mail— gently rattled before he settled back into a stance afterwards.[break][break]

The crowd surrounding them, in the meantime, gasped and cheered. They'd never seen a Galarian knight fight a fire dancer before. How strange! How unique! Even the children cried for blood. For Remiel, it was a nice change of pace.[break][break]

"I haven't had a good sparring session in some time, Miss Dross," The royal speaks, holding one Doublade vertically in front of him while he hides the other behind his back. "Most are afraid they might injure me. They take a look at my background and worry about the repercussions... but not you, hm?" He adds, suddenly stepping forward to attempt to take a jab at her shoulder with his one Doublade.[break][break]

"Not me either."
[break]

[break]
notes:

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki