Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 7:41:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","blackrose"]
277 for
The mission was still the same. Get stronger Pokemon. Stay undercover. Stay inconspicuous, at least however well one could with a skin-tight suit and sunglasses like her. She did her best to keep undercover as best she could, quietly arriving in Fallarbor Town. Where her feet could be firmly planted on the ground.

This terrible, trash heap of a region just had to be home to one of the biggest oceans.

It wasn't all that bad though. Hoenn also was home to the Meteor Falls, known as a hotspot where one could attain some of the stronger Pokemon. Dragons. Being that the case, she would find herself here now, at the entrance of the cave, walking in with her heeled boots clacking on the smooth ground. A hand on her hip, as she surveyed her surroundings.

"Delphi. Come out."

As she tossed her Pokeball out, the least intimidating purple cobra popped out, the look on his face one of contentment upon being released. Rose liked that about Delphi. He was a sweetheart, and as he came closer to the shorter blue-haired Rocket, she grabbed both sides of his head. A smile appeared on her face, while small, ever painted upon her lips. "Hello darling." A head scritch, and the cobra's tongue was quickly popping in and out of his mouth, an excited glee.

"We're here for business first. If you do good, I'll get special treats for you and Amarylis. Understood?" she gave her quiet smile, and in return the cobra stood at attention and gave an affirmative growl. Rose's smile curved into a smirk.

Now the question was. Where was her target?
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".blackrose"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blackrose b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#1E90FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blackrose i"]font-style:italic;color:#00BFFF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 15:11:34 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Target?

Unless they were looking for pokemon, all that @rose and her gang would find inside what was left of the cavern right now was Chu-e Choi. Even then, he didn't seem that interesting- or like a threat. He was short and sickly looking, hunched over one of the little ponds. Inside two pokemon were swimming, who he smiled at and watched. A Burxish and Popplio, both rare in this region; Popplio in particular sought after. To anyone who didn't know who he was, Chu-e would most likely make a good target.

So, exactly who or what was Rose after? Would she view the man as an obstacle? Mistake him for something he wasn't? Maybe just ignore him? Either way, it didn't seem like he had noticed her yet.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 3:41:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LOMBRE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RAIN DISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GIGA DRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAIN DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ENERGY BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FAKE OUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] @rose &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MEDITITE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PURE POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]REVERSAL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWER TRICK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HIGH JUMP KICK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FORCE PALM

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 5:18:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
195 for
Target was the wrong word. Rose and Delphi had no intention of considering Chu-e a target. In fact, her gaze befell the shorter, sickly boy hunched over the pond, and she almost seemed unimpressed. Her smirk evaporated at his visage. He seemed so puny. Moving forward, she called out, unafraid.

"What are you doing?" she had a biting sting to her words, interrogating more than inquiring. Her heeled boots clacked on the solid ground, as she walked forward. The slither of the purple cobra behind her, the nicest-looking Arbok quietly in her shadow, curious himself.

She paid no mind to the Pokemon between her and Chu-e, only intent to get to know this frail person. Wary and waiting. Cautious in her every sultry step. He didn't seem like a threat. In fact, he seemed fixated on Pokemon in a pond. Rose gave a relaxed sigh, before her instincts kicked in.

"Shouldn't someone of your constitution be resting at home?" Her green eyes scanned him.

Delphi didn't get any read off of him. He just seemed like a giant purple scarf behind Rose, tongue constantly slipping out. Innocent eyes for a cobra.

(Skipping)

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 8:43:57 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Whuh?" From his response, Chu-e was clearly very... elegant. For his part, despite the teeth in her words, Chu-e does not look particularly intimidated or impressed by @rose. His eyes did linger on her shoes, assessing in his own way, brow raised before he slowly pushed himself to his feet. There was a groan like it took clear effort to right himself.

"you're gunna fall." He pointed to her feet and said, instead of answering her question. "This place is, like, super slick. You'll break your neck out here." If his voice wasn't so flat and apathetic, it might have passed off as concerned for the woman. But, his eyes lit up a bit at seeing Delphi.

"Oh, is that an Arbok?" Reaching into his pocket, Chu-e pulled out what looked to be a little packet of treats. He held one down and did a 'psspsspss' to try and lure the snake out, see if it wanted a treat. The Popplio whined behind him, crawling out of the water to flop dramatically on Chu-e's shoe. He ignored her. The Bruxish seemed less inclined for the treats, instead eying Delphi like a tasty snack instead, sharp teeth glimmering in the low light.

Passing!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 3:13:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
189 for
It wasn't a threat. Rose knew better than that, and while the warning did set her back a second, she took no time at all to keep her balance, though Choi could see her grab Delphi for sake of ease. The Arbok becoming protective hearing that himself, setting himself to always keep her steady. A pillar.

But the big sweetheart looked with utter conflict at the man with treats. A small little packet had him look to Rose. The female trainer squinted, before rolling her eyes.

"Fine, Delphi. A few."

A headbump later, Delphi, and now a very overly cautious Rose approached him, the Arbok slithering side to side as he neared the sickly one. Rose immediately, however, took note of the Bruxish, and with a stomp of her foot down, Delphi halted his advance, and turned back as the Popplio slapped upon his shoe.

"If that's your Pokemon, I suggest you keep it at arm's length." She glared with conviction, a hand on her hip as she leaned to the side. Her hand on another Pokeball, just in case, attempting to stare daggers into the Bruxish.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 3:28:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SOLROCK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK THROW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STONE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLARE BLITZ

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FROGADIER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TORRENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUBSTITUTE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LICK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE TEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROUND

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 10:21:24 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Huh?" Chu-e seemed sad that @rose had pulled her pokemon back from the tasty, tasty treats he was offering. He had just wanted to pet the snake pokemon. While he favored Fairy and Normal types, in Kanto he had an Arbok for a while and had grown fond of them. Shakes would have burned down the world just for a few more head pats and he missed her dearly.

He glanced down at his foot, where Marsh was still be an over-dramatic baby, and lifted up the Popplio a bit. She stayed limp and whined, as if wounded. "She's harmless." Then he glanced back at Beauty, the Bruxish still having that eerie grin on her face. Chu-e frowned. "Or... well, she bites, but it's not like she can come out of the water. She's a fish." And Chu-e shrugged that off, leaning over to offer the treats once again.

However, it seemed that this time he had attracted more of an audience. A Solrock floated from above, likely having been hiding but drawn out at the promise of food. It wasn't aggressive, just shoved itself into Chu-e with enough determination to almost knock him over. He grumbled, nudging his foot again.

Marsh sighed, as if very put out by this. Still, she lazily fired out a Bubblebeam at the Solrock, which made it rear back at the sudden pain. Chu-e tossed a pokeball at it, shrugging.

"So, why are you out here anyway? I'm just trying to train these two a bit." A place with the pokemon you could find here was the perfect place, after all.

Catching Solrock!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 11:29:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
279 for
Delphi, looking back to Rose with complete obedience in his begging eyes, had the woman sigh and wave her hand, allowing for the treats to be delivered. Delphi, lighting up again, quickly took up beside of Chu-e, and with careful precision not to bite his hand, quietly moved to take a bite... only for the Solrock to get in its way. Now, looking defeated, the Arbok almost shrinked back...

Until the Solrock disappeared after some Bubbles slapped into it, and quickly moving to grab those treats before another Pokemon had the same idea!

Rose, on the other hand, still didn't trust this frail stranger. But all the same, the Bruxish was waterbound. Her glare laying off as she gave a more neutral, passive bitch face look back at him. Rose merely responded in kind, a hand on her hip, as she moved her hand through her hair, thinking the words to her response first.

At first, she was tempted to say none of his business, but she literally did the same exact thing a moment ago.

"I'm looking for Dragon Pokemon. Rumors has it I can find them here. Clearly I was lied to. All I see are disappointments."

That was rather harsh. Delphi turned back with teary eyes, and Rose felt herself squint. "You know I didn't mean you, Delphi." And he was back to chewing, albeit with a little less spring in his slither.

A roll of her eyes and a click of the tongue, she looked to Chu-e with some understanding. "Hm. If you need training, I could always have a round with you. Delphi and I could use the excitement." A challenge?

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 3:49:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CRAMORANT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GULP MISSILE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DIVE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BELCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY ATTACK

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD APPLETUN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GLUTTONY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]APPLE ACID
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ENERGY BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PROTECT

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]CHOI CAUGHT SOLROCK!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 3:17:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
339 for
While Delphi seemed busy, and Rose's attention was squarely on the frail boy, from behind her she felt a collision from below. A quick turn around had her faced with a small little apple pie. No... that's not right. This apple pie had feet. And two floppy ears. Rose felt completely taken aback, almost disgusted...

"A moment, you." she spoke, turning from Chu-e and leaning down to the Apple Nectar Pokemon, whose sweet scent was deliciously fruity.

Two hands up, she ushered a "Shoo" to the little being, but the apple pie of a Pokemon looked up slowly. Proceeding to stare. Nothing but staring at Rose, with the latter's disgust perfectly placed upon her lips. This slow Pokemon was getting on her nerves, but there was a method to the madness, truly. The Appletun had been approaching since Rose entered.

It's funny how against this she was... until she noticed why he was there. Chu-e's warning was right, and it seemed this little apple cinnamon pie was all the more insistent on staying, a caring soul who wanted to make sure people anyone entering didn't break their neck from a nasty fall. The caring apple dragon had intent to keep Rose, and to illustrate this best, the small beast squarely placed his head on Rose's heeled boot.

A desire to protect...

Rose felt that disgust go away. Grabbing the bridge of her nose, rolling her eyes, she looked down. "... okay, I'm fine. I'll be careful, so be on your way now."

No response. Appletun was a lead weight. Rose was unamused, and with a reluctant sigh, held out a Pokeball, and dropped it down right in the center of the apple pie on its back. And quickly, the Appletun disappeared, with her Arbok turning his head for a moment to watch the spectacle of Rose caving in to the pressure of a one foot tall grass dragon.

"Basil." she named him promptly, closing her eyes. Returning her attention to Chu-e. The pest dealt with.

(Friendship Irritated Pacifist Intent to catch Appletun!)

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 7:54:24 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Now that Delphi had gotten his treat, Chu-e reached up to give the snake a little pat on the head. He was about to answer her, a glint in his eye beyond the almost bored way he had been acting, but instead he just smiled to himself as he watched the proceedings with the Appletum. He kept patting Delphi's head gently, even trying to scratch under his chin.

"You know, those things are dragons." At least Chu-e thought they were. He wasn't a pokedex or a pokemon expert. He was just going by the vague things he knew from his exposure to Fairy types and what they were strong against. One had to be aware of pitfalls if you mainly rep'd one type.

He took another breath to speak, only to let it out in a puff when a Cramorant flew down and tried to swallow up Beauty from right behind him. The Bruxish let out something like a cackle, eagerly sinking her sharp teeth into the bird's tongue and the rest of it's delicate mouth. It had made the wrong move. Soon, the flying type was thrashing as it crashed to the floor, crying pitifully as it's lunch and her Strong Jaw made sure to devour the bird back.

Sighing, he tossed a pokeball at the flying type, feeling bad for it. When it vanished into the ball, Chu-e wandered over and nudged his fish back into the water with his foot.

"I wouldn't mind a battle." But, Chu-e peered around the cavern curiously. "This isn't a good spot. Want to head deeper in the cave? More dragons there. We can fight outside." Since they would be traveling, apparently, Chu-e recalled Beauty back into her pokeball before picking up Marsh. The Popplio was still huffy at being refused treats.

With his piece said, Chu-e started to make his way deeper as promised, not waiting to see if @rose would follow him or not.

Catching Cramorant!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 23:25:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DURALUDON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LIGHT METAL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLASH CANNON
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LASER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL BURST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK SMASH

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SOLOSIS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OVERCOAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PSYCHIC
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYSHOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]REFLECT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RECOVER

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 6:22:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
372 for
Watching the ball shake, Rose felt her gaze sour at the eventual ding of the Pokeball, only for her attention to go back to Chu-e upon his words... and Rose to feel her brow twitch. "Of course it is... I come here for a Dratini, and I find the world's sweetest dragon, figuratively and literally." there was irritation in how she responded, but... she was warming up to Chu-e more and more.

Doing her best to ignore the disturbing showing of the Cramorant being nearly devoured alive, Rose watched Delphi continue to reside next to Chu-e, enjoying his presence greatly, especially after the treat, even following him deeper as he walked.

"... hm. Sure. As long as I find myself something worth my time." Rose brushed it off her shoulder, walking forward, overly cautious as she constantly stared at her feet.

Each step deeper in gave Rose goosebumps. She could feel it dripping down the back of her neck, the green slimy sweat cascading into her tight suit. The murmur of the sweat leaving her with a sudden fear.

Rose stopped and quickly turned her head, and nothing was behind her.

Shrugging, the blue-haired woman continued down, the slimy sweat continuing further down the back of her suit, and onto her backside. Yet again, Rose turned around, finding nothing. But she did feel something. As she put her hand on her back, she moved to feel... nothing but the suit. She wasn't sweating either, her composure was rock solid.

"What in the-"

Unbeknownst to her, a small little slime child was giggling madly up above, a little trickster, as he looked down, and placed himself upon her head, watching Chu-e with such glee in its eyes.

A twitch in her brow, and quickly, she gasped, feigning attention to the slime child, before reaching up and grabbing it. "GOT YOU." she looked at her heckler. A small, green slime child. His gaze filled with malice.

... he was so cute. Rose's heart flourished. Hoping Chu-e wasn't gonna see, she quickly poked a Pokeball to the slime ball, only for it to get sucked inside, floating there. Rose pushed it further, hitting the center. Leaving a coated slimy Pokeball.

"Eeeew..."

(Rose's heart grew two sizes that day... attempting to catch Solosis!)

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Bigger Fish to Fry [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 6:44:05 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e had noticed the Solosis right away he just... chose to look away. If he kept walking,k hopefully @rose wouldn't notice the more somber and pensive look on his face. His husband, who was with him no longer, had preferred the species to all others. Heck, at one point Chu-e even had a Solosis charm on his phone, years ago, to match the Skitty one that his husband had had; they kept each other's favorites as a reminder of each other.

He walked ahead a bit, to allow the woman the time to bond with the pokemon as it tricked her. A Duraludon was on the path, puffing herself up as if that would scare Chu-e off, scare anyone off.

Tossing out a pokeball, A Delphox appeared. He hisses at the wild pokemon and Chu-er jerked his thumb at it. Understanding, the Delphox unleashed a powerful Flamethrower at the other pokemon. It cried out in pain, bashing Cipher with a Rock Smash, but the Delphox did not stop his assault despite the pain; he had been trained to work through hurt.

Soon, the pokemon collapsed and a pokeball was tossed at the poor creature. Chu-e almost felt bad for it.

Turning back to Rose, he nodded to her and offered a smile; which did not match the brutal way his pokemon had taken down the Duraludon.

"I think we're almost at the back of the cave. Keep an eye out for stuff more scary, okay?"

Catching duru!