awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Boot Camp [M]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 15:18:42 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
When Oscar became a Rocket Beast, he had never taken the chance to consider the downsides. All of the perks were all so dazzling, be had forgotten the chores he had to perform. For example, performing physical assessments of new recruits. Imagine watching a bunch of young adults fumbling through obstacle courses and work out routines, and you basically have the whole experience. It was a drag and a half.

But if Oscar had to do busy work, he was at least going to try to make it more interesting. For himself. Oscar had invited a special guest to act as his assistant, and he believed his guest would be more than capable of providing ample entertainment. Oscar and his assistant stood before seven new grunts that looked as if they were ready for a mild workout, and after making them stand at attention for a bit the beast finally decided to address them.

"Hey grunts, good to see you all made it this far. Welcome to the family, my name is Oscar Clayton and I'm a rocket beast. This is my assistant for the day, . For the next--um..." Oscar checked his watch and groaned, "Eight hours, ugh, we will be assessing your physical prowess. This will determine the kinds of missions you get initially, but don't feel too pressured. Failure is just a starting point for improvement.

His unenthusiastic tone was less than convincing, but the grunts did not seem deterred. Oscar scratched his head as he continued, "For your first test um--Priam what's the first test again?" Oscar didn't expect Priam to actually know, in fact from the look on his face Priam should be able to gather that Oscar wanted him to make something up. It'll be more fun that way!
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Boot Camp [M]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 14:11:57 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam raises his hand when oscar mentions his name. "that's me!" he chimes quickly before the rest of the briefing is given out.

it wasn't a real function for his role in the organization, but helping out oscar with his new job that came with his new title wasn't anything he'd complain about. stepping up to the plate, he makes himself more pronounced when the rocket beast passes the baton for him by the end of his speech.

"as you all may have noticed, sounds of scurrying can be heard throughout the vent system of the sub. normally, such entity would have been taken care of already, but this problem has proven to be challenging enough to pin down. whatever gossip you have heard about this creature may be true, but it's what makes it more impressive to catch. any guesses to where i'm going?"

he looks at the crowd and a brave soul raises his hand to answer. priam points at him, prompting him to speak up.

"do we need to catch it?" he guesses.

priam's response to it was nothing but a smile and a head turn towards oscar.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Boot Camp [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2021 21:21:14 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar returned Priam's look, his own grin forming as he slowly returned his gaze to the recruits. He shrugged, "If the rumors are true, it's gonna kill you before you can kill it. So yeah, I'd try to catch it." Oscar didn't elaborate on these so called rumors, clapping his hands together before anyone else could raise any questions.

"Anyway, I got shit to do so hop to it. You got ummm two hours, and if you don't find it I'm making you all run laps. Like a lot of laps." The grunts seemed to wince at this, shuffling nervously as they stared at Oscar. Oscar looked to Priam with disgust, "Can you believe these fuckers? Standing around like a bunch of fuckin' snorlax." He began to clap his hands roughly toward the grunts, "Get going! NOW! Use those legs before I break them!" The grunts hurried off, running in every which way as they desperately tried to figure out how to go about this task.

Oscar sneered at Priam, "I thought giving them as little instruction as possible would help them use their creativity. What do you think, will any of them actually find this thing?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Boot Camp [M]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 18:20:32 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
it takes him a moment to realize what oscar was going for before he joins in. "i know right!" priam answers back in an exasperated manner. "kanto rocket had us doing much worse!"

he joins the rocket beast in watching them scatter to the winds as the venture off to their wild goose chase. he waves goodbye to the last of them, never finding the need to shout at them further more.

as soon as the last of them were away from sight, priam starts to snicker. "this is evil," he concludes, resting his elbow on oscar's shoulder. "nope. never. if it was easy to find, we would've found it already!"

whatever was in the vents had been the talk in the submarine for a while. it has enough attention that it should warrant effort for people, but he supposed it just wasn't attacking enough people for the organization to take serious action on it just yet.

"what do you have for them after the time's up?" he asks.