3,734 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
I Won't Watch the World Burn (s,c)
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 5:25:02 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva sat at the table, picking lazily at her lunch while Blade enjoyed his own pokefood. The diner in Fortree was quaint, very homey. This may have been Eva’s favorite place in Hoenn so far. The whole city worked seamlessly with nature rather than against it and that was something Eva appreciated.

She hadn’t been paying particularly close attention to the press conference. In all honesty, it was kind of embarrassing as the leaders of this region started bickering on live TV. It was like watching a bad realty show. Some patrons enjoying their own lunches were enthralled while others could care less. An even mixture, she’d say. There was a constant hum of conversation over the plethora of voices resonating from the TV.

But all that conversations stopped when screen crackled in static and a very ominous figure took center screen. All eyes turned towards the television. Eva could hear every word clearly, and she couldn’t believe what she was hearing. What she was seeing.

The native Kantonian’s heart dropped into her stomach when scenes of a peaceful and prosperous Kanto flashed before her eyes accompanied by painful lies. Eva lived through the war, she fought in the war. The lives she couldn’t save haunted her every day. Rocket was ruthless, unforgiving, and showed no mercy to those that stood in their way. Things didn’t change once they won either. The months after the war were filled with savage murder, imprisonment, and beatings until the population surrendered to their new dictator. In other words, until all those that opposed them were dead. Eva barely made it out.

There was silence when the picture fizzled out and a blank screen left Hoenn to wonder what it all meant. But Eva knew exactly what it meant. She watched it happen before. She didn’t want to watch it happen again.

She stood up, her chair flying back behind her and crashing into the wall, ”LIES!” she screamed at Declan as if he could possibly hear her. Both of her fists slammed against the table in frustration, fear, and a sense of despair.

The patrons of the diner looked at the small blonde in a mixture of surprise and curiosity. The hum of conversation picked back up and Eva stood up straight, “I need some air . . .” she told the Gallde who remained sitting in silence, lost in thoughts of his own.

Eva rushed out of the restaurant, fists clenched at her side.

Not again.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 7:14:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Okay so that press conference—

Safely put it was a fucking disaster.

He’d witnessed what had gone down, and was maybe not surprised to see Selena on the other side of the podium; rather than with them she was there as a reporter. But that was her real job before becoming a Gym Leader—wait, even that was suspended too. Yikes.

Anywho, after the shit show ended (they were whisked away from the press crowd) he’d taken the express Teleport service and returned to Fortree, appearing behind one of the trees that was near one of the nice, homey café diners that littered the place.

He was not, however, prepared to see someone suddenly storm out of the diner, looking pretty upset.

Ah.

He had an idea of what happened—well, to be safe…

“Miss, are you—forgive my intrusion but are you alright? You don’t look well,” he began quietly as he headed her way but still kept a safe distance just in case she lashed out without warning.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,734 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2021 4:14:07 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Deep down Eva wasn’t surprised. The Rocket she knew was ruthless and cruel. Wy wouldn’t they try the same tactics that won them Kanto with a different region? Especially one wrought with civil unrest and distrust after wars and alien invasions. Despite knowing the answer, the selfish part of her asked over and over again why Hoenn? Why her new home? Why the ones she loved?

It felt like the nightmare never ended, just lie dormant for a moment before surfacing with a vengeance. Eva was so caught up in her thoughts and nervous pacing she didn’t notice approach until his soft voice called out.

Eva stopped suddenly with her emerald eyes wide as she looked over to him as if she he took her by surprise. She was far from alright but the doctor knew how to keep it together and stay cool under pressure . . . kind of. Not right now though. Eva wasn’t one to share feelings with strangers, but this was just too big, and it hit way too close to home for her to even pretend to be ok. So she slowly shook her head, “No,” her voice trembled as she looked back at the diner, “How could anyone be ok after . . . that,” she motioned vaguely towards the restaurant as if Alexei was supposed to know exactly what she meant. He could have missed the end of the press conference all together for all she knew. Or even the entire thing.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2021 18:39:51 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He wondered if the nice woman had come afoul of someone in the restaurant, and for a few moments a look of worry creased his features.

“Did you get into trouble with someone in the restaurant?” he inquired, looking over at the place. He knew most of the people in the city at this point—hell, it was thanks to him that the place was mostly peaceful, what with his own flock of avians taking turns patrolling from the skies and all that.

“Or was it about—if I may?” he offered quietly, leading her off to one side of the road.

While there wasn’t much foot traffic right now, he guessed that it was best to avoid making another scene; especially outside.

“Was it from the press conference?” he hazarded a guess.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,734 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2021 23:39:46 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva never responded to the first question. She only raised her brow and tilted her head slightly, dumfounded by how he didn’t know why she was upset. Better yet why wasn’t he upset?!

She followed as lead her off the main road and to a bit more private area tucked away near the restaurant. There was a subtle tremble in the doctor’s movements. Her mind was focused fighting a plethora of emotions while trying to make sense of it all leaving her body to deal with the sudden stress. Fight or flight.

“Yes,” she exhaled, “Rocket,” there was a sense of mild relief acknowledging reality despite the desire to wish it was all just a sick nightmare, ”They’re doing it again . . .” she watched it happen once. There was a touch of fear but mostly anger in her voice, “We can’t let them do it again,” she wouldn’t lose this home too.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 18:29:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

His guess was right on the money.

Brows furrowed, he sometimes wondered if ignorance was bliss—but unfortunately with the way that the press conference had ended, it bit him in the ass.

He wondered what his friend would have to say about this, since the now-Elite Four member knew things that were probably too dangerous to fully expose.

Well, that was moot at the moment.

The way the woman was mentioning ‘again’, it didn’t take him two moments to guess where she had come from. He wondered if it was a good idea to let her talk about it. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn’t. Either way…

“If—if you wouldn’t mind sharing… would you want to talk more about it?”

Sometimes, he figured, it was a good idea to get all that pent-up stress out and talk it out. He wasn’t sure if he was imposing, but—

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,734 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 22:18:28 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

This poor stranger. Eva had no idea who this guy was but he had inserted himself into the crazy plethora of emotions the normally mild doctor was experiencing. Overall, she wasn’t quite sure how she felt at the moment. A mixture of anger, sorrow, anxiety, and urgency fought for control in her mind. The one emotion that wasn’t present was fear. Eva was never scared of Rocke. Even after everything she had seen, she refused to let them have that power over her.

She blinked at Alexei with a somewhat blank stare. Did she want to share? Kind of . . . but did she want to share with a complete stranger? Not really. It wasn’t that she didn’t trust the blonde, she just didn’t want to put the burden of her problems on his shoulders despite that he was asking for it.

Still fairly new to Hoenn, she wasn’t quite sure what the region was capable of, “How . . prepared is the region for something like this? Do you think they’ll take it seriously?” she had only heard the stories from the alien attacks and the previous war, but not how The League handled such a situation. In other words, she was fishing for how involved she might have to get. Not that it mattered, when it came to stopping Rocket Eva was all in.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 9:18:55 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

That question made him stop for a few moments and think.

That was more than enough of a doozy, to say the least.

“Should you want my honest opinion,” he began quietly, looking around just in case anyone else was listening. “…I don’t think the higher-ups are prepared enough.”

He suddenly remembered the musings of his friend, , now one of the Elite Four.

“…I am of the knowledge thanks to a friend of mine who has investigated Team Rocket even before arriving in Hoenn that even before they announced their return, they had been around here for a long time. The problem here is that most of the higher-ups in the League deny it to all hell, and that makes me sick.”

Alexei could only shake his head. It was just… unbelievable. The way the League was scattered and fighting amongst each other. The scene he’d witnessed during the press con where two fellow Gym Leaders almost went at each other?

Terrible.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,734 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 19:25:00 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva’s facial expression turned to one of concern with Alexei’s words. An unsettling, familiar feeling sent a shiver up her spine. The PTSD started to creep in. flashback so fa violent warfront, an ill-prepared Kanto against an overly prepared Rocket. The Gym Leader wasn’t giving her much confidence in her new home’s ability to handle such a situation.

Emerald eyes turned away in thought, the concern melting away into a pensive look as her eyebrows pinched together. A call to duty was putting pressure on her newly settled position as a Ranger. Was that really the route she should continue down?

Although just the opinion of one person, it sounded like the League was going to need some help. Eva wouldn’t be able to live with herself if she didn’t step up and share her unique perspective to protect the region from their tyrannous rule, “Well, that’s disappointing to hear,” she finally said with a sigh. Looked like Eva’s military career wasn’t quite over yet.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 17:42:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You saw those two fighting on national television, didn’t you?” he began in the same quiet voice.

“I may not know what kind of shit they have against each other that led up to that point, but for that to be seen by everyone, witnessed by people watching—to think that they’re Gym Leaders, too—“

It really didn’t need to be said further.

He didn’t want to touch on the infighting happening between the others who held such high positions; for one thing he preferred to keep out of any messes that didn’t involve him or the city of Fortree so much.

“However… I can give you my word that Fortree is ready for anything that comes its way. Even if I wasn’t able to get a word in edgewise. I—I prefer to let actions speak much louder than empty words.”

He wondered if she would recognize him. Admittedly Alexei had no idea how much of his face was shown on national television, however he was determined to prove Fortree’s worth with actions, not empty words.

“…even if Gym Leaders like myself have no political power per se, at least I’ve got contingency plans set up in case shit hits the fan for this city.”

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,734 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 22:14:27 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

The blonde shook her head in disapproval as Alexei recalled the events of the press conference. She had indeed noticed the poor behavior of the bickering leaders. Eva had quite the respect for Gym Leaders. They may not hold political power, but their role in the region was important. Each imparted their unique wisdom onto their challengers, teaching them to be better. And to Eva, education in any form, was the foundation of a healthy, educated public.

The unprofessional display today irked her, to say the least.

Eva’s eye narrowed, her brows pinching in thought when he began explaining things as if he was there. Was he?

It took a moment but then it clicked. She recognized him from the few, short appearances on the screen. Unfortunately, the media ate up the drama, giving the ones that argued the most screen time.

“Right! Leader Ivanov!” she snapped her fingers as the realization came to her, “Well, that’s good to hear . . . but what about the others? Are they required to have contingency plans?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 14:22:02 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I wanted to get a word in edgewise, but that can only go so far.”

Nodding her way, he hummed.

“Please, call me Alexei,” he continued with an embarrassed chuckle. “May I have the pleasure of knowing your name?” he inquired with a soft chuckle.

“It’d be so odd just calling you Miss every time,” he added with an embarrassed chuckle.

As for the state of the other cities, he nodded.

“As much as possible, every place has their own contingency plans just in case shit goes south. As discussed by some of the other Gym Leaders who showed up, they’ve also take the lead in preparing for any situation—like Maverick, down at Rustboro for starters.”

He then remembered something.

“Has anyone told you about what had happened to Slateport previously?”

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,734 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 23:04:07 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

“Alexei,” she repeated with a nod, committing the name to memory. It wasn’t like she was going to forget the Gym Leader now. It wasn’t every day you casually chatted up a Gym Leader.

“Oh! Uh Dr. Eva Morales. Call me Eva though. Nice ta meet ya,” she extended a hand for a proper hand shake.

There was some comfort in knowing that Gym Leaders were preparing their cities for emergencies in they ever popped up. The mention of Slateport sparked her interest. She hadn’t been in Hoenn too long. She knew there was some sort of war or battle or something but no one ever filled her in on the details, “Kind of . . . not really though,” she admitted with an embarrassed sigh. Should she know?