Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
Lately I get the feeling nothing works cause we're cursed.
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
Larvesta Troubles [M]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2021 9:42:17 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","morhuman3"]
[attr="class","morhuman3-big-img"]

[attr="class","morhuman3-1"]
[attr="class","morhuman3-title"]
Step into the fire[break]This is my magnum opus

[attr="class","morhuman3-tagged"]

[attr="class","morhuman3-subtitle"]
I feel it coming now, It's too late to shut it down. Over the mountain now, I'm Burning the valley down. I don't know where my mind is.

[attr="class","morhuman3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","morhuman3-post"]

[attr="class","morhuman3-icon"]

Xander still wasn't sure about this whole Ranger thing. He'd almost fucked up royally the last time he'd tried. This mission, however, was something he felt confident he could handle. After all, Larvesta and Volcarona were Pokemon he was strongly connected with. Xander wouldn't be alive now if not for one of them. [break][break]

The least he could do was pay back that kindness by finding them somewhere better to live.[break][break]

Of course, that was step two in a three-step plan. Before Xander even got there, he needed to get them safely out of the house they'd made their nest. Massive in scale, the four-story building lay on the edge of Rustboro City. Strands of silk wrapped around the home like a cocoon. Unlike regular silk, the kind produced by the Larvesta-family was hot. Xander could feel the heat radiating off it from the sidewalk.[break][break]

Thankfully, the building was made from stone. That wouldn't prevent it from catching fire for long, but it bought Xander some time. He was eager to get started. He'd have to wait though, the actual Ranger he was helping had yet to arrive.

[break][break]

Xander scratched the head of the Lyrcanroc on his left while he waited. On his right floated his Volcarona, Solaris - she'd be a big help in dealing with the Larvesta inside.[break][break]

"Let's pray we don't fuck this one up."
[attr="class","morhuman3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

[attr="class","morhuman3-bot"][attr="class","th th-pencil"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.morhuman3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; }.morhuman3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.morhuman3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.morhuman3-1 { border:solid 1px #232323;position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.morhuman3-title { font:800 42px VT323;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#df4567;margin-left:-5px;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.morhuman3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:172px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.morhuman3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-167px; }.morhuman3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.morhuman3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.morhuman3-tagged a:hover { color:#bd9fc9!important; }.morhuman3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#a3a3a3;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.morhuman3-pkmn { margin:25px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.morhuman3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.morhuman3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.morhuman3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.morhuman3-post { color:#E7EFE8;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.morhuman3-post i { color:#a3a3a3; }.morhuman3-post b { color:#df4567;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.morhuman3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.morhuman3-icon img { height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:3px;filter:contrast(80%); }.morhuman3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#df4567;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#2b2b2b;font-size:45px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;padding-left:110px;font:13px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#999999;height:75px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#df4567;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.morhuman3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#272727!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Larvesta Troubles [M]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2021 10:10:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Outbreaks again.

This time though, it was something that made his eyes go up out of incredulity.

How the hell did that even happen? He thought as he was reading through the report on his mobile device, eyebrows so high they almost threatened to disappear into his hairline. Is this another infestation?

The reports of Bug-type infestations had been few and far between, but for this one to have the entire structure encased, almost entombed in Bug-type silk—well that was definitely a cause for concern.

After arriving at the Rustboro Pokémon center and swapping out his load, he then went off towards the location in the report. His mind was turning, thinking—

What could have made the Bug-types nest like this?

Eventually, he could feel something like a heat haze the closer he got. And then, the approach. Looking over to his companion, he noticed that it was one of the people Sénon had been communicating with frequently.

A potential recruit. Although this begs me to wonder where he is—or maybe… he continued to muse as he came to a stop.

“Are there any people trapped inside?” he inquired of the redhead.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
Larvesta Troubles [M]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2021 23:51:37 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]

I feel it coming now, It's too late to shut it down. Over the mountain now, I'm Burning the valley down. I don't know where my mind is.

"Not that I'm aware of." Xander replied, turning to face the blonde with a mild frown. His eyes narrowed on the man for a moment. Something about him looked familiar, and it took Xander a second to realize why. They'd met before. Well, not 'met' exactly, but Xander had been present at the party held in his honor. [break][break]

"Aren't you the head ranger?" he paused. "Laurance, right?" Xander might have gotten the name wrong, but he was almost confident of the man's rank. What was someone like him doing here? Wasn't something this small below his pay grade?[break][break]

Suddenly, Xander felt pressured to perform well. Feeling his tension, Lycanroc brushed his head against Xander's hand. He glanced down at the canine with thankful eyes. "I was expecting ." he'd assumed that the other redhead would have seen his name and taken the mission.[break][break]

Maybe he was busy?[break][break]

"Uh, anyway," Xander glanced to the building. "As you can see, the Larvesta have already made themselves at home." he gestured towards Solaris. "I planned to have Solaris here talk them into leaving. She's pretty powerful, so assuming their queen isn't too strong - she should be able to convince them." that was the best-case scenario. Given Xander's luck, he doubted things would go that smoothly.[break][break]

"But I'm just here to assist. I'll follow your lead if you've got a better way to handle the situation."

notes about this post

[newclass=.morhuman3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; }.morhuman3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.morhuman3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.morhuman3-1 { border:solid 1px #232323;position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.morhuman3-title { font:800 42px VT323;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#df4567;margin-left:-5px;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.morhuman3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:172px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.morhuman3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-167px; }.morhuman3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.morhuman3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.morhuman3-tagged a:hover { color:#bd9fc9!important; }.morhuman3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#a3a3a3;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.morhuman3-pkmn { margin:25px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.morhuman3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.morhuman3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.morhuman3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.morhuman3-post { color:#E7EFE8;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.morhuman3-post i { color:#a3a3a3; }.morhuman3-post b { color:#df4567;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.morhuman3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.morhuman3-icon img { height:90px;width:90px;border-radius:3px;filter:contrast(80%); }.morhuman3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#df4567;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#2b2b2b;font-size:45px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;padding-left:110px;font:13px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#999999;height:75px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#df4567;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.morhuman3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.morhuman3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#272727!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Larvesta Troubles [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 17:08:38 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“He’s elsewhere at the moment,” he replied, waving his hand in an attempt to dispel the heat haze that was reaching them, even here.

The longer they delayed, the worse this situation would get. It wasn’t unheard of for buildings to have such bad infestations like this suddenly self-combust into flames and potentially cause even more damage than what had been originally intended.

Sending in a related Pokémon that shared the same evolutionary line was a sound idea, even if it was only one.

“I only have a Larvesta, but she’s down at the Pokémon Center right now. I’d have to swap out one of my companions for her. Two heads would certainly be better than one in this instance,” he mused, looking again at the building.

“The only problem we may encounter is if their brood leader is more aggressive and lashes out…”

He then stood there, thinking of how to best approach this. Should the other be game, he would make the dash to retrieve his own Larvesta to help alongside the Volcarona the other man had with him.

“I’d have to retrieve her, though. Shouldn’t take more than five minutes, tops, seeing as we’d want to reduce damage as much as possible.”

close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
Larvesta Troubles [M]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 15:15:23 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]

Besides some sweat, he wasn't having trouble with the heat. He barely noticed it, honestly. Traveling with his father had gotten him used to extreme temperatures. They'd spent four months excavating some desert temple in Orre once. Then there was that volcano in the Sevii Islands they'd hiked up.

[break][break]

His tolerance aside, the fact the building even had heat radiating off it wasn't good. It was only a matter of time before something inside caught fire.

[break][break]

He turned to Laurence. The ranger was waiting for him to make a decision. That hadn't been what Xander was expecting. "Uh..." did they have time for Lars to get his Pokemon? If something happened while he was gone, Xander would have to deal with it on his own.

[break][break]

They didn't have time to waste on him struggling to make a choice. "If their brood mother is aggressive, Solaris can handle it." he nodded. "And the quicker we act, the better - right?" in this situation at least.

[break][break]

Xander took the lead as they entered the building. Opening the door to get inside would require a bit of work. Thick strands of silk acted as a barricade on the opposite side. He rammed his shoulder against the door, forcing it open.

[break][break]

An immense heat poured out from the entrance. If Xander hadn't been feeling it before, he was now. It felt like he'd stepped inside a toaster oven. One made entirely of Larvesta silk. Webbing sagged from the ceiling like vines, swaying as the wind blew in from outside. Tapestries of white clung to the walls and covered the floor like a carpet.

[break][break]

"If the first floor is this bad, I can't imagine what the other three are like." commented Xander dryly. "Should we look around for any Larvesta or head to the next floor?"

notes about this post

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Larvesta Troubles [M]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 19:47:36 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars was tempted to suggest to kick the door down, however the fact that they were dealing with highly-volatile silk that could self-combust at any moment meant they were short on time, and they had to move fast.

“Crap, that’s hot,” he said as the wall of heat hit him the moment the door was open. Every single surface was—covered, as much as possible, in the heat-emitting silken, sticky thread.

If left alone this place could combust with us still inside it! he thought, looking around quickly. The heat was bothering him on so many levels; sure he was expecting it to be hot, but not this kind of hot!

It was like walking into a human-sized oven cranked up to eleven.

“Best to look around, we might find one somewhere. The entire place is a literal fire hazard if we dawdle too long,” he nodded as he looked around—careful not to get anything snagged on the thick, sticky, hot threads.

close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
Larvesta Troubles [M]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 9:51:14 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]

Xander had just started his search when he ran into the first batch of bugs. Nestled in what he presumed to be the home's kitchen were five Larvesta. Piled on top of each other, they slept on a mound of silk at the center of the room.

[break][break]

He scanned the kitchen for any sign of their mother. Nothing, she wasn't here as far as he could see. In a hushed voice, Xander called out to the senior ranger.

[break][break]

"Hey, Laurence." he waved for Lars to come to him, "I found some of the Larvesta it looks like they're sleeping. That should making moving them easy for us."

[break][break]

notes about this post

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Larvesta Troubles [M]
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 7:21:41 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“As long as they’re not awake and actively attacking us that’s a good sign,” he remarked as he went into the kitchen—only having gotten his sleeve freed from one of the sticky threads that hung down from the ceiling in the living room.

Gah, moving around in a place that was rigged up like this was a nightmare and a half.

Getting shit stuck on very fine Larvesta silk was bad due to how combustible it was if moved incorrectly.

“You want me to carry them out in case they accidentally set the silk on fire?” he offered, despite the trepidation building up inside him.

The heat was literally baking him from the inside out—Arceus, why did it have to be so hot?!

close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
Larvesta Troubles [M]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 4:39:04 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]

"No, I think I can handle it." he replied with a nod. Xander was used to dealing with Larvesta after all. If you weren't careful with how you held them, you'd get burned. A lesson he'd learned more than once while training Solaris.

[break][break]

Carefully, he stepped back into the kitchen and approached the slumbering insects. One by one, Xander carried them out of the building and sat them gently down outside. There was a chance they'd wake up and wander back into the building. So he ordered Django to stay with them.

[break][break]

"You wanna head upstairs now? I doubt we'll find anymore on this level."

notes about this post

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Larvesta Troubles [M]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 20:06:16 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The next few minutes that passed had him waiting in the kitchen area, actively avoiding as much of the having silk as possible because shit, he did not want a repeat of the earlier incident of his clothes getting snagged on the sticky material.

Who knew that Larvesta body heat, when concentrated in an area, was bad enough to equate to the place they were gathered in transforming into a sauna?

Thankfully, at least for the moment, the moment the five Larvesta were handled and brought outside the kitchen… sort of began to cool down.

There was still the problem of the thick, sticky threads hanging from the ceiling and clinging to whatever they could reach being a major pain in the ass.

Once the other was back, he nodded.

“Lead the way.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Larvesta Troubles [M]
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 3:19:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: