5,042 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
clip clop the horse is dead [m][dd]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 21:05:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Okay, so.

Riding on the back of a horse should be the same as riding on the back of a Flying-type, right?

Well—Alexei wondered if learning how to ride a land bound creature was going to be such a good idea. He’d gotten used to riding aerial Pokémon, getting on the back of something that was meant to travel in a straight line on the ground had him all kinds of nervous.

Could one blame him, if he was a child of the wind and preferred flying to any other kind of transport? Yes, even Teleporting made him feel queasy for a few moments due to the sudden location change. There really was nothing better than riding through the skies with the wind in one’s hair and—

Okay, he was done waxing enough poetic about riding on an avian’s back.

So there was this rage going all around with people saddling up and riding off into the sunset on the back of an equine Pokémon… but he wasn’t so sure as to where to even bloody begin with all this!

Let’s see who’s more duck-footed with the free rein shall we?

@giselle
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 22:03:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
horseback riding was a frequent past time for many galarian ladies. it made for easy access to the outside while still being under the watchful eye of their parents. mostly their fathers. so she was no stranger to being around horse type pokemon. though it was very strange to see a rapidash on fire when galarian ones certainly... weren't. but she wasn't going to let that deter her from the task at hand. after all there were plenty of people that could ride a rapidash with no problems and she was planning on being one of them.

of course she wouldn't be riding alone, that would be silly. though she'd thought that she would at least be able to find someone that she knew it was fine that she was paired up with a stranger. swinging a leg up over the rapidash with just a little bit of hesitation she urged the horse forward towards a man who looked a little bit on the lost side. "hello! are you my riding partner?" she wondered if he had ever ridden a horse before but she wouldn't begrudge him if he hadn't. it didn't seem to be a popular hobby here.

giselle is renting a rapidash to go honsie back riding

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,042 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 10:19:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He was still… hopelessly lost. Oh fucking hell, he felt even more like a duck on land than up in the air!

Alexei continued to look around helplessly, wondering what the hell was going on, before the clip-clopping of hooves caught his attention. Okay, at least there weren’t any Ghost-types that were also horses.

“Wha—oh, sorry!” he apologized before looking at the Rapidash. Hell, this one was beautiful. He had a younger version of this evolutionary line, but hadn’t gotten around much to riding.

“Are you—are you miss Giselle?” he inquired, looking at the information on his PokéGear. He was supposed to meet someone out here and get some horseback riding lessons. Maybe it was her?

“I’m here for the horseback riding lesson thing, are you the one they sent?” he added a few moments later.

@giselle

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 20:41:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it had been a long time since anyone had called her 'miss'. mostly because she had been far from home for such a long time. but it still made her feel uncomfortable. "just giselle is fine, and i suppose i am. i signed up to help someone with horseback riding and you look like you need help." considering he still hadn't gotten up on his horse yet that was a tell tale sign. that and he was asking for her help. sliding off of her own rapidash she gently held the head of the one her partner was petting. "i'm still not used to seeing them on fire, you know ponyta and rapidash from galar aren't fire types." it was a fun fact at least.

"they can tell when you're nervous so relaxing is key, just be careful when pulling yourself up onto her."
especially since he seemed nervous. the last thing they needed was a flare up on the fire. burns were no laughing matter and this was supposed to be a fun trip out.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,042 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 13:30:52 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The expression on his face lightened the moment his companion revealed that indeed, she was the one he was waiting for.

“I have a Ponyta myself, this variant if you may,” he continued, letting the equine eat some grass while they were waiting. “Are the Ponyta in Galar supposed to be like unicorns, or something, since you mentioned that their manes are not on fire?”

At least the nervousness was ebbing away. He had yet to see an actual Galarian variant, but he could imagine what it probably looked like.

Nodding at her words, he waited until the Ponyta was finished eating before the clip-clopping of hooves, approaching him cued off.

“I’m just that much of a duck… okay, wait the foot goes in here right?” he pointed to the part hanging off the saddle where one would normally insert a boot and swing themselves up on the back of their mount.

“Let me know if I’m doing this right!” he added as he then tried to hoist himself up on the Ponyta’s back.

@giselle

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 13:28:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
talking about the pokemon from her home region made her feel a little bit better. after all it was calming to talk about pokemon that she loved and adored. and the galarian ponyta and rapidash were definitely two pokemon she loved. "they are. they have soft manes that feel like silk. and they smell nice too. though that's probably from being part fairy." but she couldn't really quite be sure. she didn't have much to compare hers to after all. she watched as he started to ascend the horse, nervous of course but seemingly doing it well.

"just swing your leg over in one movement and you'll be fine, they know when you're new to this. make sure you take up the reigns firmly as well once you get up there. otherwise she might just try and test your limits." some horse pokemon liked to do that when they were faced with a new rider. try and be naughty in order to get what they wanted. but that was easy to shut down when you were experienced.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,042 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 17:39:00 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Do you have one of them with you, the Galarian variant I mean? I want to see what they look like,” he asked, one foot already in the boot rest of the saddle, with the other still on the ground.

Gah, why was it so hard to swing up his foot in one go?! Was there something stopping him?

Why was it second-nature to mount a Flying Pokémon, but not one that ran on the ground?!

“Why do I feel like panicking,” he said with a chuckle as he took a deep breath and swung up his entire weight onto the Ponyta.

The world felt like it was spinning for the briefest of moments before the odd sensation subsided as he righted himself. With his left foot still hanging free, he had to look at the left side and find the place where he was supposed to anchor himself in securely.

And then, the reins—

“Like this?” he asked, pulling on them maybe a little too excitedly. That caused the Ponyta to snort a bit, trotting in place. “Whoa! S-sorry. Pulled a bit too hard.”

“How am I doing so far?”

@giselle

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 3:22:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
giselle frowned a little bit whenever he asked about if she had one on her at the moment. of course she didn't. she'd had to leave them back at home. and that was fine and dandy but it was still sad to think about. "not at the moment, the ones i had at home were born and raised in a barn so i didn't think they would travel well." and it would have been harder to go in and sneak one out. she didn't want her father accusing her of stealing anything so she had only taken the pokemon that were absolutely hers.

she smiled as he finally swung a leg over, still holding the ponyta's head to keep it steady from the sudden movement and jerking of an inexperienced rider. "you did fine. now you'll just need to gently urge them forward." stepping back she patted the ponyta on the neck to help and reassure the fire type. after all it wasn't every day you dealt with something this new. and both rider and pony were going to have to stay calm.