Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2021 2:06:44 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

There it was.

You could only have your hands on so many pots and pans for so long until someone asked you to run the kitchen. Or in his case, an aspect of it.

The offer of a promotion to Head Ranger was natural.

Ranger documentation always suggested there was to be more than one, despite holding the title alone for some time now. Ranked among the ranger elite there were only two positions left for Sénon to ascend to; Captain or Head. He was far too active about the region to be stuck behind a desk as one city's Ranger Captain.

For a moment he was taut with pride and rejoiced in the recognition from the Commissioner herself.

Only to then remember he'd just met the Commissioner and didn't know her from a mop propped upside down. Less to say waiting for others' recognition to feel good about your accomplishments was the mark of the insecure and directionless.

Still, despite her booked jab about literacy he expressed his gratitude for the offer of promotion with a quick bow, he was still that much Kantonian after all.

Presented with a token of appreciation in the form of two pokéballs Sénon collapsed them so that he might hold both in one hand to make his decision.

He was asked to take one.

The business in the room seemed to stop as if it were being held up by his choice. Given he hadn't signed nor was he godly possessed it was more likely his presence holding them up.

It was a barbed backhand to ask him to step up and assume more work responsibility for the region, while cutting him out of what it felt like could be critical information about the region or the enemy moving forward.

The matter of the commissioner's ability to trust came back to the forefront.

Unlike with her 'Aqua Force' there was little in the form of a contract nor the "world of law" for himself and her to build any trust.

So they'd have to do it the old fashioned way.

Pulling free his folded copy of the contract and a pocketed pen he scribbled out his own amendments.

Signing plainly as a witness he left the copy on Dahlia's desk for her to process on her own terms.

"I accept." Ambiguous about just what he accepted Sénon casually made way to the door, Zeraora's ball in his pocket.

-and Heatran's between his fingers. He held it up like a card-shark waiting for the perfect moment to throw it down.

"A special pokémon like this shouldn't be cooped up in a 'ball." Sliding his hand down in the pockets of his jacket the 'Heatran' disappeared from sight. "I walk the Fiery Path to Mt. Chimney once a week, it'll be happier with me."

His hand landed on Lars' shoulder in silent support as he made his exit. "Just let me know when you want it back, as Head Ranger, I'm just a call away."

● tags:
● notes: Zeraora added to inventory.
Heatran on loan for developmental training.
A.q.u.a. initiative [witness] signed
[exit]

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 20:26:13 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]AN AQUA ASSEMBLY

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

PLOT THREAD
LEAGUE-EXCLUSIVE EVENT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591796723928662048/821162156309479454/THE_LEAGUE.mp3[/player][break][break]

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

TO THOMAS

"There will be mass panic regardless, Thomas. However, to mitigate it, you need to present the information when you are prepared, or else we'll be caught with our pants down."

TO ILLEANA

"Reports have indeed suggested that the molecular makeup is unstable— but further investigation is needed. Its physicality is odd to say the least, as if it is constantly rearranging."

EVENTUALLY, both Reyes and Jabami may come to the conclusion that PALKIA's appearance may be responsible.

TO ZENJI

"I agree. Telepathic Pokemon may be our best bet for detecting the anomalies in space-time as well as primal energy's specific waveform. Procuring more fragments may help us refine what data we have of primal energy's wavelengths so we can identify it much easier."

TO EVA

"Current data from Mossdeep suggests 10 years. As long as that may seem, things can change. We've floated around ideas of blasting the meteoroid apart has been thought about, but breaking it into smaller pieces could prove to be disastrousif all parts make landing because it is far too large."

TO FERNANDO

"Good question. The meteoroid in Meteor Falls possesses a large vestige of the mineral strain for mega evolutionary stones. Further investigation has revealed signs of microorganisms that have lived within this meteoroid— but we believe that remnant is from the alien Pokemon that you had witnessed fleeing to space. Do note that Mossdeep has decided to dub this Pokemon as 'Deoxys', due to its resemblance to the medium of genetic code.[break][break]

Mossdeep has been attempting to trace Deoxy's whereabouts, but nothing has manifested yet.[break][break]

Of course, I will grant you permission to speak with Smohke."

PRIMAL ENERGY CONTINUED

DAHLIA STOPS TO TAKE A BREATHER. The dissemination of information is difficult when tomes are orchestrated by tongue.[break][break]

"there are a couple more items i need to discuss with you all," Dahlia says. "those of you who are not avatars but present within this meeting will have the opportunity to assist our aqua initiative members in their field of expertise. training, resources, networking, and more. i want nothing but the best for them."[break][break]

She looks to and (later, she would bestow with the following opportunity as well).[break][break]

[break][break]

"lopez, fairburne, the league has reason to believe that you two possess incredible potential as avatars. your accomplishments in blades & bulwarks, despite their virtual nature, have revealed to us that you two are stunning combatants." Dahlia flicks the screen, revealing a recorded stream of the SYLVIS RAID. "i believe in the nature of transferable skills! to get to the point, i may ask you two to lead squads in the future— and to train them as well. find fellow avatars you would like to ally with— but also up and coming trainers and give me their names."[break][break]

Lastly, she changes the screen to a recording of the primal quartz fragment. It glitters, glitches and gleams in the looped video.[break][break]

"avatars are people chosen by legendary pokemon in order to have a stake in the fate of this region. old records, thought to be myth or fairytale, dictate the first avatars to have been the draconid people of meteor falls." Dahlia says. "according to these stories, to protect the region from the sootopolis impact event, the draconid avatars were able to use primal energy to enhance their abilities, but in the process, lost their lives."[break][break]

She doesn't say it, but the implication remains in the echo of Cooper's unspoken name.[break][break]

[break][break]

"whether they died due to the subsequent rampaging of an ancient kyogre or groudon or the primal energy itself is unclear. however, this is a new era."[break][break]

Dahlia pulls out another briefcase from her once stuffed laptop bag. Upon opening it, the room glows and flickers with light. The primal rock fragment fidgets in place, encased in a glass case.[break][break]

INSTRUCTIONS

THIS EXCLUSIVE EVENT introduces the "AQUA INTIATIVE," a program and task force that bands together the avatars of Hoenn. This thread will present your characters with a choice of joining the AQUA Initiative or not. Acceptance and declination will spell different possible plot points for your characters, so have fun with it![break][break][break]

's decision has been acknowledged![break][break]

There are no deadlines to post yet; however, will publish moderator posts when appropriate!

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 13:15:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle raises a brow at the mention of the video game he had sunk countless hours into as soon as it got released. he tilts his head to the side to ingest information given to him by the commissioner.

he whips his head to , sporting a teasing smirk. "i know who i'm not taking," he jests, referencing to the amount of times he died in the game. he catches himself, and then gets back to proper conduct. "not the right time? okay."

he was itching so bad to reference that moment again.

"i'll, uh, see what i can do, goode."

singling out names was a difficult endeavor. it's like picking favorites, which was one thing he cannot even do to his dogs. he eyes , trying to read her, though he's almost certain he wouldn't be able to. he quickly averts his eyes before it could meet hers.

when brings out the fragment, kyle's eyes hone on it. coupling with the previous stories, kyle can only make one conclusion.

"that's, uh, cool," he casually blurts outs. he waits for dahlia to continue before jumping into conclusions in case her statement is leading to something else. he starts to get nervous from the implications, however.

@tags

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,734 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 18:13:35 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
10 years? Eva had a look of surprise on her face at the response. Something about the somber mood of the meeting and the tone of the commissioner mad her think it was much less time – like months. Eva sank back into her chair, a bit more relaxed than earlier. It wasn’t that she didn’t take the meteor seriously any more . . . it just wasn’t as time sensitive as she originally guessed. Forgoing her research on the Blue Mulch and the relationship of the Avatars and their Legendaries was her biggest fear but now it seemed that wouldn’t be an issue.

Eva flashed smile of congratulations when Dahlia praised his and Katherine’s abilities. The doctor didn’t really have a relationship with Katherine but she we friendly with Kyle. Her attention wasn’t stuck on him for too long as the blonde pulled out another briefcase.

The revelation of the stone basked the room in a crimson glow. Eva leaned forward again, eyes stuck on the stone. The way it twitched in place gave it a life all its own. Was it pure energy? Or was there some deeper connection? The doctor didn’t have much input on this. Again, this wasn’t her specialty. Eva remained silent, eyes fixed on the curious object.

@aquainitiative

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 18:44:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Deoxys. Interesting.

He has to have it. Whatever abilities this Pokemon has, it’ll prove essential toward creating a fail-safe for the inevitable. The fact that it comes from outer space, an unexplored frontier, only sweetens the deal. This is his manifest destiny, Deoxys.

Much appreciated,” is the last real comment Fernando makes as the Commissioner continues to address those around him. Their attention is diverted when she brings out her collection of the primal rock. He stares, fascinated.

His chance to speak with Smohke comes much later. Whatever attempts they’ve made toward rehabilitation is respected when Fernando gets his time with her. He starts the conversation cordially, reacting to the General’s response based off her reaction.

The tenant of their conversation revolves around one thing: the meteor.

What does she know?

How did they find it?

Can they replicate their tracking device?

What can that energy be used for?

The questions are endless and his time is limited. Spurring her in an endless loop of asking without giving anything in return is sure to sour what little time they have. Under the guise of revealing himself as an Avatar, explaining the relationship between human and Legendary, he spins up a cloud of MISTY TERRAIN to demonstrate.

Careful of watchful eyes, electronic or otherwise, Fernando waits until the shroud is heavy enough before the innards start to conform into more recognizable shapes. “You can have it back,” he tempts, avoiding any explicit details just in case. “Peace, I mean.

He doubts the General is going to MEGA-MESS this up. His implication is simple but unspoken.

Give me what I need and I’ll work toward bringing back your lost people.

Philomera, her lost troops, possibly even her Celesteela. Nothing is promised. Reviving the dead is thought to be impossible. But the Megalopolans knows things he doesn’t and he has something they can never acquire: a pull on the after-life.

Time to make the magic happen.

AQUA ASSEMBLY

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,079 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 22:43:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"i see," is murmured softly, almost like an afterthought. the connection between dimensions still baffles her, enough to probe her into the depths of the mind. sifting through files, pulling papers of relevance with trembling fingers. it's enough of a process to keep her silent for a few moments. eventually, she'll pause on the old pages of a childhood mythology book. the story of creation, a best seller in the sinnoh region best recognized for the descriptions of ancient beasts. time and space stick out like sore thumbs and she makes a mental note.

if ultra space is not involved, there's only one ancient being she knows of that could be responsible. the faint appearance at meteor falls only confirms a theory set into place once she dives back into reports.

"i'll take a crack at the molecular structure analysis before starting," she offers to the commission. silph co. has the equipment she needs to break down any puzzling parts to this crystal. the only thing that could stop her is the crystal dahlia places on display. access will be limited, she has no doubt about that.

she'll collect notes from the assorted responses the commissioner offers to the room, if only to help herself in this quest. it'll be difficult, sure, but they're given enough information to begin at least. she's grateful for the crumbs of information if only to know exactly what to pick apart.

the glow of light that bathes the room is uncomfortable, as if it's something she shouldn't necessarily see. she's no longer an avatar, no longer apart of this new era dahlia speaks of. her bond has been severed and no matter how many times she calls to tapu lele, the deity never picks up the other line. a constant dial tone, endlessly mingling between frustrating and saddening. she misses it, on too many days to fully count.

"why is this a new era?" her head tilts at the thought, curiosity killing the cat in the process. only satisfaction will bring it back now and for that reason, alone, she continues. "do you plan to use this energy to prevent the past from repeating itself?" does dahlia actually want to supercharge these avatars with primal energy...? even after seeing what happened to their poor previous champion? the thought makes her nervous, nauseous, and all she offers is an attempt at a poker face.

AQUA

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 9:44:09 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","katherinepokes"]

Dahlia’s statement doesn’t catch Katherine by surprise.

Something told her long ago that Blade & Bulwarks will come back to haunt her. Video games were children, and they were best kept that way. She should have never spent a whole month grinding levels on an MMORPG, but alas, she couldn’t take back her time. Instead, Kat has to live knowing that she wasted so much time butting heads with what were probably twelve years old kids.

“Right,” a quick nod, her eyes finding the commissioner’s own. She isn’t as shy as their champion happened to be. ”No problem. Training sounds... Fine. I am sure everyone will appreciate it.”

A hint of sarcasm poisons her words of agreement. Regardless of how she felt about this (or how other avatars will feel about taking lessons), if Dahlia Goode asks for something from you…

You don’t just turn her down. Not without a great excuse, at least.

The subject changes again, and with that, Katherine allows herself to fall silent too. She listens, caring less to give input about matters that she knew so little about.

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"] @ AQUA ASSEMBLY

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 4:21:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]AN AQUA ASSEMBLY

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

PLOT THREAD
LEAGUE-EXCLUSIVE EVENT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591796723928662048/821162156309479454/THE_LEAGUE.mp3[/player][break][break]

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

TO ILLEANA, ZENJI, EVA

"A new era because we have the technology and talent to learn. From current findings, we have come to the conclusion that this energy is able to restore a Pokemon's true powers— and logically, we can conclude that can extend to avatar powers as well. We won't be rash or reckless."[break][break]

The fact that Bailey was able to house the power for a period of time is promising enough. Possible enough.[break][break]

"We'll house this crystal fragment in Ever Grande's laboratories for you three to test and use."

THE COMMISSIONER STARTS TO PUSH THE BRIEFCASE CLOSE. As the glow from the fragment is obscured by the case, it releases one last kaleidoscopic burst of light as if it had suddenly undergone a chemical reaction. Several beams flash over , , , and before dissipating. The commissioner closes the case quickly.[break][break]

"is everyone okay?" Dahlia asks and scans the conference room, but there is no visible harm. No pain invoked. Much the opposite, in actuality.[break][break]

KYLE

HIS FAITHFUL ENCOUNTER WITH HO-OH in Ecruteak pays its dividends.[break][break]

• kyle's emerging hero complex has progressed into an ability to UPLIFT THE SPIRITS of willing people around him.
  • in a limited area around him, kyle can choose pokemon and allies to REGENERATE HEALTH OVER TIME in the midst of battle and gain the effects of NATURAL CURE upon switching out.
  • kyle can conjure and control SACRED ASH. when summoning SACRED ASH magically, kyle can choose to make the ash manifest as raikou and suicune to aid him in battle. they will act as separate, additional entities in threads/events before fading away after a period of time. he can DISMISS AND RESUMMON them in bursts of ash.
  • furthermore, kyle may choose to DISINTEGRATE INTO ASH INSTANTANEOUSLY before rematerializing again in a different location. however, should he have manifested a sacred ash raikou or suicune on the field, kyle will NOT HAVE ENOUGH ASH to use on himself. his ability to revive/revive others remains.
  • when in a pinch, close to death, or when killed, kyle can SUMMON A CALAMITY (an cataclysmic field of flame, thunder and rain) that scorches a large area around him. those caught in the area may become BURNED, PARALYZED, or FROZEN (up to moderator discretion or discussion with thread partners).
  • feel free to add ho-oh to your party and choose its moves like a gachapon pokemon.

FERNANDO

The Councilman finds his powers have been enhanced in some way; however, he can not discern the specifics of it just yet. In time, will discover what has improved or what has been added.[break][break]

• fernando and tapu fini can call upon a special MISTY TERRAIN at any time. this terrain persists unless an ability or move explicitly states that it removes terrains.
  • due to extensive use, their mastery allows specific manipulation in regards to the terrain's size and shape. at full capacity, the area of this terrain is larger than usual. this special MISTY TERRAIN can also increase the ATTACK (STRENGTH) of pokemon within it.
  • anyone who attacks tapu fini or fernando while in the MISTY TERRAIN becomes CURSED.
  • fernando can also expel a fog that causes affected targets to enter a BERSERK TRANCE. this can be used to tunnel their aggression onto a particular target. in roll-based events, characters who are in this fog roll with disadvantage (take the lower of two rolls). spread of the fog is determined by the moderator.
  • extensive use of the fog can be used to alter a victim's personality (with consent). this can skewer their mental state. repeated exposure to this fog will prove addictive.
  • fernando can use tapu fini's abilities to summon the mists of the afterlife, allowing for communication with the dead. on full and new moons, fernando can bring a single entity back to life for a brief and limited time.

BALDER

THE POWERS OF SOLGALEO believed he had lost or he had little of has now come back; however, for how long? With stagnancy comes rust, and should the Alolan man not find ways to exercise his restored power, they may fade once again unless the League intervenes.

ILLEANA

THERE IS RESIDUAL ENERGY left within 's body after Tapu Lele's departure. The flash of primal energy has restored the slightest strain of power she once possessed:[break][break]

• illeana can emit a small PSYCHIC TERRAIN from her person that HEALS those within it. the range is very limited, however, and requires targets to be WITHIN 5 FEET of her to work.

THE AFTERMATH

EVENTUALLY, the conference concludes. promises that the League will call upon the AQUA Initiative when they are needed; however, training and other benefits will be provided to them upon request.[break][break]

Those who have signed the contract immediately receive a boon of fame. The media pushes members of this initiative to the forefront, painting them as poster children for the region. Offers of sponsorship, commercials, and more come flooding in to support these new celebrities.

Sometime in the future, will find that TAPU KOKO HAS LEFT HER, voiding her contract with the Aqua Initiative. Reasons for the island deity's departure are unknown; however, some blindly point toward her actions at THE PRESS CONFERENCE to be a possible cause, for Legendary Pokemon choose their avatars like chess pieces. Tapu Koko seems solidly aligned with the League.

A TALK WITH SMOHKE

LATER, is granted access to the maximum security prison where General Smohke is imprisoned. He is taken down several levels, accompanied by League guards. The guards sport MACRO COSMOS logos, for the security has been contracted out to a Galarian company.

TO FERNANDO

FERNANDO'S DISCUSSION with General Smohke produces tortured answers. The Megalopolan general seethes with each reply, her missing limbs a painful reminder of what has transpired. Still, the hope, whether it is falsified or genuine, of returning home to her people, of her depleted world, is enough for her to bite.[break][break]

Smohke says they were able to find the meteoroid within Meteor Falls by using Cotillard's devices; She believes it is similar to the shiny machine found in Hoenn's Beauty Contest circuits. To track something, one must place something that emits the same energy wavelength within the machine, and the machine will attempt to pinpoint a location like a compass on its screens.[break][break]

Lastly, she says, the Megalopolans believes certain meteoroids have amassed potent amounts of energy throughout their lifespan. In Megalopolan history, scholars have documented that a green space serpent was able to consume these meteoroids to generate an incredible amount of power. The Megalopolans had hoped they could analyze and harvest the meteoroid to not only help create more wormholes for the invasion, but to also bring back power to Ultra Megalopolis.

REWARDS

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING! Below are the rewards granted to all characters in this thread; however, characters who have signed the contract have increased rewards to reflect the ic-nature of their appointments. [break][break][break]

YOU RECEIVE 200 PD, 10 INFAMY

YOU RECEIVE 300 PD, 100 INFAMY

(for head ranger promotion)

YOU MAY USE THIS EVENT THREAD FOR YOUR APRIL CURRY; YOU MAY ALSO POST ONCE MORE SHOULD YOU DESIRE. THE THREAD WILL CLOSE BY APRIL 18TH, 11:59PM PST.