Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Not This Again! (Mission)
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 12:48:21 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

A scowl set upon the Kalosian's face. This was the third time that Thomas had to fly to this particular village. Once every year, it seems, someone in the village managed to piss off a dragon of some sort. First, it was a Drampa reacting to a kid getting bullied. It was an event that left a bad taste in his mouth, given how the situation was handled by the village elder. The second time, the bullies pissed off a Kommo-o. So he had to ask himself, what was it this time?

Arriving on the familiar Hydreigon, Thomas leaped off the back of the dragon. The Elite Four member now had half a mind to just feed the elder, and the bully he defended, to either the dragon besieging the town, or to his own Hydreigon, whichever he could manage. Part of him hoped that the dragon in question managed to deal with either of them, because they sure weren't going to learn their lesson anytime soon.

tags:
notes: Thomas has arrived, and Thomas is fuming.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to fight for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
7,911 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 18:16:36 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]charred wood creaks overhead before splintering into two. a large chunk of it falls, plummeting towards the ground. with the barest of grips on the old man's collar, matias tugs, pulling him away from the brink of death. once the dust settles, he turns and examines.

"not hurt, are you? barely got to you in time. a second later and you would've—" he coughs, clearing his throat. "nevermind. what a shitshow."

the scene around them is odd. a few buildings, though torched with blue-red flames, stand sturdy, and the civilians around them look to be calmly backing away from the flames. they don't show signs of panic, which leaves matias wondering.

dust picks up again, scattering ash and debris. again, matias coughs. his eyes narrow to peer at the landing hydreigon, and more importantly, its trainer, whose features seem vaguely familiar. and then it clicks.

"ah, one of the elite four. tom...tommy?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 2:25:08 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As soon as Thomas landed near the burning remains of the building, he would spot a man who looked to be about his age, carrying around a familiar old man. Thomas glowered at the elder, who was clearly the source of his ire. "Thomas.", he'd curtly tell the stranger, before turning his sights back towards the elder.

"Not you again!", the elder moaned. He clearly remembered the last two times the Elite Four member came to their village to save them from a similar predicament.

"What happened this time? And no bullshit.", he'd tell the elder.

"Dragon. A dragon - attacked the town.", the man told him.

"No shit. Did Koji piss this one off, too?", he asked.

The old man looked hesitant to answer the question, stuttering desperately to find something to say. But it was clear that yes, this Koji had something to do with setting off the dragon. This only made the Elite Four member angrier.

"Come on, why are you protecting that dumb sack of shit!? Him pissing off dragons seems to be a yearly occurrence at this point, now doesn't it!?", Thomas asked the old man aggressively.

tags:
notes: A smooth start

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to fight for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
7,911 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 7:09:43 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"thomas! of course. how could i forget?"

releasing his grip over the elder, matias pats him on the back and sends him in the direction of thomas. it sounds like the two have a history so it's only logical to take a step back and allow the elite four member to do his thing. matias surveys the area instead, though he remains amused at the conversation.

"who's koji?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,231 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 7:37:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
mega flapple

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male - hustle[break]
wing attack / dragon pulse / grav apple[break]
leech seed / dragon rush / acid spray / g-max tartness

THE SWEET AROMA is discerned before the actual sighting. A Mega Flapple, slick with nectar arrives, and although it seems benign, the intense smell it wafts from stretching its neck, is sugary enough to make you light headed. As the dragon inches around with its tail, it may spot you...[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

[break]
&
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 18:36:08 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"A plague on this town, one they seem intent on protecting.", Thomas would answer Matias. But before he could go on to explain what he did that pissed Thomas off, the Elite Four member would spot a strange sight. It looked like a giant worm in a giant apple, slinking around the town. Thomas' eye went wide at the sight of it. "The fuck is that?", Thomas blurted out. The elder's reaction clued him in that whatever it was, it was to be feared.

Upon spotting Thomas and the elder, the creature would fire off a Dragon Pulse at them. Thomas' eye widened, quickly picking up the elder, and scattering out of the path of the blast of draconian energy. Despite his thoughts of letting the old codger die, he couldn't let it happen. He had a duty to the people of Hoenn, after all, even the ones he detested.

The Mega Flapple would fling itself into the air with its tail, propelling high above the town. It would use its position to locate Thomas and the elder. Upon spotting them, the large apple would attempt to crush them with a Grav Apple attack. Upon seeing the shadow forming under them, Thomas looked up.

"Fuck!", the Elite Four member shouted, fishing for a Pokeball, while holding onto the panicking elder. "I got this, hold still!", Thomas growled at him. He would find the Pokeball of Freke, the Alakazam. Upon deploying him, he wasted no time. "Teleport us, now!", Thomas called out.

The Alakazam quickly grabbed onto Thomas, and before the giant apple dragon could crush them, would teleport them out of the path of the attack. The trio would emerge behind the cover of some houses that were yet to be touched by the rampaging dragon.

Meanwhile, Kalameet would begin to retaliate against the Mega Flapple, without even waiting for his master. The Hydreigon took to the air, firing a Dragon Pulse at the dragon. In response, the Mega Flapple would fire a Dragon Pulse to intercept the oncoming attack. In turn, the Mega Flapple would attempt to use its tail to spring towards the Hydreigon, going into a Dragon Rush against the three-headed beast. Because of the reckless nature of the attack, and its Hustle, the Hydreigon was able to easily strafe out of the path of the attack.

It would be clear to Matias that the Hydreigon was mostly distracting the Mega Flapple, giving him an opening to potentially attack, or evacuate the other civilians in the immediate area.

Meanwhile, Thomas would stash away the village elder under one of the houses they were near.

"Koji saw the dragon, tried to capture it. Things went south for him, and he lead the beast to us.", the old man would confess.

"Surprise, surprise.", Thomas remarked, remembering that last year's encounter with a Kommo-o fell under similar circumstances.

"Please, the boy is young.", the old man began to plead with him.

"Why are you so intent on covering for him!? This is the third fucking time I've had to clean up his shit! First time, you blamed the kid he and his shithead friends were tormenting! I dread to consider who you blamed for last year's fiasco!", Thomas poured out to the old man angrily.

"Years ago, Koji's father died defending this village. Ever since, I've been trying to raise his son in his stead, as thanks for giving his life so that we may continue ours. Problem is, the boy's become rambunctious and angry over the years, he took it out on the boy, as you saw.", the old man would begin.

"Uh-huh.", Thomas remarked bitterly.

"As for what's been happening the last two years, the boy tried to catch a dragon, tried to be strong. Problem is, he keeps biting off more than he can chew."

"And in the process, putting you all in the line of fire. Potentially making his father's sacrifice all for naught.", Thomas remarked.

The old man would look down, ashamed.

"You really want to do your fallen protector's memory good? Make the kid take responsibility for his fuck ups! Sometimes, you gotta be cruel to be kind. You keep covering for him, preventing him from being held accountable for his mistakes, he's only gonna grow up to make more mistakes, to carelessly throw away his life! He might resent you in the moment, but down the line, he will thank you for giving him structure!", Thomas told the old man.

"I... I suppose you're right.", the old man said.

"Stay hidden.", Thomas told the old man. "Freke, stay with him, be ready to teleport him out, if that thing finds you.", he ordered the Alakazam, who gave him a nod.

Thomas would make his way out of the hiding place, attempting to get back into the fight.

tags:
notes: Saving the elder, and providing a diversion