saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
7,977 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
mime bicycle [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 12:51:04 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]a circus of mr. mimes parades through slateport park, dancing and miming to an invisible beat. by now, a small crowd have gathered around them, and mingled with them is a league cadet that sticks out like a magikarp out of water, mostly because he's here on duty.

"you guys really need to get off the bike path."

[attr="class","noodles"]@open! // [x]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mime bicycle [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 13:33:00 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Okay, today was supposed to be his day off but there was a disturbance in Slateport park.

No rest for the wicked, they say, he thought with a sigh as he held onto the milk tea he’d picked up prior to entering the—

Wait a second what the hell was going on.

There was a crowd of people gathering around somewhere, and it didn’t take too long for him to follow where they were headed until—

Well, shit.

He then pinched the bridge of his nose as he saw what was causing the hold-up.

“Excuse me,” he muttered as he forced his way through the crowd to the front. There was a gathering of Mr. Mime just being—well, normally he was fine when they were being silly, but not out here in plain sight of the public!

“Crap,” he hissed to himself as he quickly summoned his Gallade to help him out.

“How long have they been here?” he asked the other, who looked like he was so fucking done with the Mime antics.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,977 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
mime bicycle [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 13:43:04 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]his eyes widen in slight surprise, but it is a welcome surprise. another name ticked off his list.

"ah, you're the head ranger, aren't you! la...lau...lawson? lawson something?"

in the distance, past the crowd, matias is able to see the faintest outlines of an approaching group of cyclists. he points to it.

"no idea but they need to move soon. i've tried carrying one but they have LIGHT SCREENs up. typical mr. mime things. i think we need to mime them off."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mime bicycle [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 13:48:31 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He took a deep breath before releasing it.

“Please, call me Lars,” was all he said afterward. Taking a sip from his milk tea, he gave the crowd of Mr. Mime a look. If he could stink-eye them, then that would have been even better.

“I was afraid of that,” he continued with a sigh. “Have to beat them at their own game. You have a Mr. Mime of your own?” he asked.

Scouring his memory, he was pretty sure he didn’t have any, so they would have to do this the hard way from the looks of it.

And look like idiots in the process, he added to himself with a cringe.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,977 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
mime bicycle [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 13:56:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"i did once, lars! he was funny. he taught me this act we're about to do."

in an over-exaggerated manner, matias reaches for something invisible on his belt, unclipping it from its invisible holster. he lets it fall to the ground before raising his clenched fist above his head. it's the circling he does after that makes him laugh.

"alright, partner, i've been chasing you for a long, long time! you're coming to jail with me, and i'm taking you there with this lasso!"

he then whips his hand forward, sending the lasso flying over mr. mimes heads.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mime bicycle [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 14:04:32 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Oh thank fu—

Shit.

Clearly this was going to draw a lot of attention.

“Gareth, take this,” he said, giving the Gallade the milk tea he’d bought earlier. “And don’t laugh,” he added a few moments afterward.

Seeing as the other had already taken the lead, it was time to follow up. Fuck if there were people watching too. If this was the way they were going to clear the path then so be it.

Removing an invisible pair of shades from his pocket, he flicked his arm in similar exaggerated manner before slipping them on the bridge of his nose.

“Aye,” he drawled, getting into the act, “You did your running, but we’re here to bring you in.”

Getting the idea, he also reached for an invisible net slung on his waist before doing an equally-exaggerated show of flaring the net out.

“Bring ‘em here,” he added as he held the ‘net’ full spread, ready to herd the Mr. Mime away from the path.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,977 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
mime bicycle [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 14:10:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]surprisingly to some, but unsurprisingly to matias, their plan works flawlessly.

the invisible lasso falls around at least three of them, and with a simple movement of his hands, the lasso tightens around them. flinging them off the path after is easy work. a few of them go soaring off the path, landing and skidding across soft grass off to the side. matias steps off soon after as well.

"you guys should get off the path as well!"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mime bicycle [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 14:16:38 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The other Mr. Mime had panicked at the sight of their companions being hauled off to one side, but it was too late for them—

Lars had approached the three remaining Mr. Mime and with an overhand throw, netted the remaining three Mr. Mime in one go.

He was pretty sure anyone else watching what they were doing were trying not to laugh, but if it worked, then it worked.

“Go join ‘em,” he added in the same stupid-sounding drawl as he pulled the net closer to where he stood, the three Mr. Mime trapped underneath bumping and shuffling into each other before he’d gotten them to the same side as the first three that had been caught before freeing them from the ‘net’.

“Go on now.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
7,977 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
mime bicycle [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 14:23:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]when everyone is off the path and safe, some from the crowd start applauding, though it lacks considerable amount of effort or even genuineness. matias turns and bows regardless. the mr. mimes do the same.

"thanks! we'll be here all week! and by we i really just mean them!"

once the crowd thins and the mr. mimes scatter, he turns to the head ranger.

"you're pretty good at miming, lars. the accent was a nice touch."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mime bicycle [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 14:34:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Unable to resist the fact that they’d actually outsmarted the Mr. Mime pack at their own game, he joined the other and took a bow as well.

Of course, his Gallade was trying his hardest not to snicker as he approached Lars and returned the milk tea once everyone had cleared out.

Giving Gareth a look, he resisted the urge to roll his eyes because he was pretty sure the Gallade was laughing at him the entire time.

“Get back in here, you,” he said as he tapped the Gallade with its Pokéball, red beam of light recalling his companion.

Once he’d taken a good, long sip of his own milk tea he spoke once more.

“It comes with the situation at hand. Can’t beat ‘em, outsmart ‘em at their own game,” he replied. “Plus you did pull a rope out, so I thought it fitting to go along with the theme.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
mime bicycle [ mission ]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 4:56:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: