verdant-brew [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
verdant-brew [c]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 11:11:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
coldest with this kiss, so he call me ice cream

The Verdant-Brew Cafe was a quaint little place at the heart of the small town. It was filled with comfy and well-used lounge chairs and sofas, little reading nooks between a multitude of bookshelves, and a coffee bar area with stools. Naturally, Adelaide had chosen to wait for her brother upon one of the comfy sofas with their childhood Delcatty, Papaya. When he came in, he'd find her reading an book.

She was quick to slam it shut and place it on the coffee table in front of her, however, when her eyes sparkled at the sight of him at the entrance. "Lexyyyyy~!" She squealed, drawing the attention of a few patrons as she scrambled off the sofa to leap onto him and hug.

Papaya, on the other hand, calmly ambled over as Adelaide squished her cheek repeatedly against her brothers. "I've missed you so muuuuuch! Where have you been?!"

notes:

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
verdant-brew [c]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 14:52:31 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Fact of the matter is that he wanted a quiet place to talk to with his sister, at least.

Well, a coffee shop should be quiet enough for the first half of the conversation, right? Right?

Oh, he had no idea how wrong he was.

Once he’d found the address and let himself into the quaint little shop, he had a few seconds’ respite before a literal pink blur shot toward him and quickly catch her before they were sent over backwards due to gravity working against them.

“Addy! Chipper as ever,” he remarked, giving her a noogie in return while chuckling at Papaya’s very, very calm approach. “…has Papaya always looked at you like that?”

By ‘that’, he meant ‘so done with this shit! I put up with this every day! Send help!’ before chuckling softly at the Delcatty’s direction.

“Okay, so… been—very busy. So busy I think I need to sit down. And talk. Catch up with you. Is there a booth around here where we can get more privacy?”

Today was going to be like, a serious day. There was so much catching up to do.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
verdant-brew [c]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 7:43:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Enduring the noogie, the pink-haired lass blinked. But when he made his next remark, Adelaide blinked, keeping her arms around her brother's neck but looking back down at Papaya to regard what he'd said. "Like what?" She squeaked, receiving a perfectly executed oblivious smile from the Delcatty.

Regardless, she eventually released her brother from her arms and bounced backwards to give him some space, nodding when he suggested they find a booth. "Um..." She raised her index finger to her chin, sweeping her gaze to and fro before smiling and pointing towards an empty booth to his right. "There's one! C'mon Paya, let's sit there."

The cat whipped her tail and beat the two to the punch as she made herself comfortable at one end of the booth. Adelaide, in the meantime, squeezed into what little space was left on that end and waited for her brother to take the seat across from her.

Eagerly, she patted the table for him to come. Perhaps they should have ordered something to drink first. The staff here didn't exactly walk around like waiters and waitresses, anyway. But she was very curious to hear what he had to say.

notes:

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,023 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
verdant-brew [c]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 19:46:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alexei gave Papaya his best ‘dirty glare’ look, before huffing slightly.

“You don’t notice it?” he blinked, looking again at Papaya, who apparently had perfected the art of the ‘resting bitch face’ but with Pokémon. “Like, not at all?”

He blinked again.

Oh Papaya, I hate your RBF! He thought with a minute sigh as he followed the streaking Delcatty, claiming one half of the booth and allowing Addy to squeeze in after her.

Once he’d arrived, he then made himself comfortable on the opposite side of the booth before fishing out his phone. Seeing as the ball was in his court, he decided to start.

’s here in Hoenn,” he prefaced as he scrolled through his phone’s image gallery. “Met her down at Lilycove sometime ago,” he added as he finally found the pictures he was looking for and tapped on it before sliding the device across the table for her to see.

It was a good thing he had the hindsight to snap a few pictures before they’d parted ways at the end of that day.

“You—you do know what happened, right? How she ended up leaving us because of… because of him,” he said, his mood considerably darkening a few moments.

“And like—like how… Addy, we were supposed to be the kid’s vodka uncle and wine aunt! Thing is, her kid… died,” he went on, biting his lip for a few moments.

“In the end though, she ended up leaving him… still can’t forgive him for ‘taking’ her away from us, though, even if she told me that he didn’t have anything to do with her leaving.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
verdant-brew [c]
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 3:46:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Adelaide innocently shook her head when her brother gave her that incredulous look and question. She'd been told Papaya was a bit of a snob and bully to her before. But, honestly, Adelaide didn't see it! So long as the cat didn't harass other people, especially strangers, everything was hunky-dory on her end.

Regardless, all that was swept away with news of her big sister being in the region. Her mouth formed a surprised 'o' at the news. She hadn't seen her sister in so long! Almost as long as she hadn't seen Alexei! Though off by a year or two, quite honestly.

The pink-haired lass eagerly reached forward to lift her brother's phone and gaze adoringly at the picture. "Oh my god! Allie's looking as pretty as ever! Her hair is so long, too..." Caught up in the excitement of it all, however, she lowered the phone back down onto the table and felt that joy dissolve as Alexei spoke of what had happened...

Her gaze, now solemn, looks away elsewhere as she speaks. Almost as if she's guilty. "I... I try not to think about that, Lexi. I always feel like there's more I could have done or said... even if I was still far away in Fula City." She adds, distractedly fumbling with her fingers on her lap. Eventually, she works up the willpower to look back at him.

"What is she doing here? Is she okay?"

notes:

MADE BY MIZO