April 15th
Route 39 (Johto)
Heterosexual
Pokemon Statistician
Sigmund Sauer
Boyfriend
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
23 posts
Sarah Dandy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @prim
Sarah Dandy
I Think You're So Good...
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 2:47:44 GMT
Sarah Dandy Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","uradio"]

[attr="class","uthegood"]

Another long journey from the Johto region to the Hoenn region. It had actually been quite some time since Sarah had last seen Sigmund in-person, and sadly enough, being pen pals wasn't quite the same. Of course, Sarah was secure enough to enjoy her relationship even at a distance. She didn't need to see any person on a daily basis, and her love was deep enough that it transcended space and could be maintained at a psychological level. However, Sigmund, on the other hand... sometimes she wondered about him. If he went too long without seeing her, would he eventually lose interest? Would he start thinking about other girls? Maybe a travel partner?[break][break]

Sarah hoped not, but she couldn't be sure. And she came to reason that if Sigmund was going to be her future, then... perhaps her future should be here in Hoenn. What did she have to lose? Well, to start, this was going to be her longest time away from home. She wasn't so sure she was moving here permanently, in fact that was less likely. But she was committing to spending at least 4 months here with her love. It was actually a bit scary to think she'd be away from Johto for so long. She only hoped she could get used to it. Convincing Sigmund to move back to Johto for her was much less likely. She had considered it.[break][break]

The ship had come into the dockhouse and Sarah made her way down the steps. Lilycove. What a pretty city it was... And the first thing that confirmed her new location was the copious amount of Wingulls cawing in the skies up above.[break][break]

"Now where could Siggy be... Hm... Should I have Dopey help me find him?" she pondered.

[attr="class","udlz"]

this is beginning to feel like

[break]THE LONG WINDED[break]

blues of the never static explosion devoted to crushing the broken and shoving their souls to ghost—you set your sights

[attr="class","utheugly"]

@sigmund

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

created by rascal

[newclass=.uradio] width: 500px; border: 1px solid #1f2226; background-color: #31363c; padding: 25px;[/newclass][newclass=.udlz] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; color: #f9f2e6; font-family: 'Oswald', sans-serif; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; text-transform: uppercase; border-bottom: 1px solid #01B59F;[/newclass][newclass=.uthegood] font:11px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform:lowercase; line-height:15px; color: #f9f2e6; padding:30px; text-align: justify;[/newclass][newclass=.uthegood b] font:10.5px 'Oswald', sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; color: #F8B500;[/newclass][newclass=.uthegood i] font-style: normal; border-bottom: 1px solid #01B59F;[/newclass][newclass=.uthebad]width: 40px; height:40px; background-color: #1f2226; border-radius: 50px; margin-top: -22px; margin-left: 6px; float: left; padding: 2px;[/newclass][newclass=.utheugly]background-color: #424851; padding: 5px; margin-top: 10px; font:10px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform:lowercase; line-height: 12px; color: #1f2226;[/newclass][newclass=.theugly a]font:10px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform:lowercase;color:#1f2226;[/newclass][googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700] [googlefont=Oswald:400,700]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 5:12:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
just sing along— i'm the king of catastrophes
[break][break]
An Emolga cheered as it glided down from a telephone pole nearby, shooting straight for underneath the beaming Mediterranean sunlight. Whether she caught it or not, the flying squirrel would perch itself onto her shoulder and immediately nuzzle the side of her face with its cheek.

"H-Hey! I saw her first! And I've missed her more!" Sigmund exclaims from behind a crowd, slipping his way through before lunging forward to grasp her in a hug. The Emolga squeaks in protest, clambering over to Sigmund's shoulder to yank his hair.

The blonde, however, is unaffected. "Sarah..." He smiles against her instead, gently rocking them both before parting to softly kiss her. It'd been so long, and video calls didn't compare at all to this. Parting from her lips, but not pulling away, he grins. 

"I'm so glad you're here. I've missed you so much."

notes:

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

prim

She/Her
April 15th
Route 39 (Johto)
Heterosexual
Pokemon Statistician
Sigmund Sauer
Boyfriend
0 height
0 height
awards
23 posts
Sarah Dandy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @prim
Sarah Dandy
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 5:26:55 GMT
Sarah Dandy Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","uradio"]

Whoah! The little Emolga zipped right into Sarah's shoulder faster than she had expected. She knew Ratatoskr was coming, but she didn't expect him to be so fast. Clearly, they'd been EV training. High in the speed stat, Sarah began to consider. Alternatively, they also could have been working hard to improve their level and the increase in speed may have been a consequence.[break][break]

"Hey, 'Toskr. Good to see you too," Sarah had said as she pet the little squirrel pokemon more than a couple times before she was compliantly taken prisoner to Sigmund's embrace. Sarah extended her arms and hugged him tightly just the same. And soon the three of them were all in some kind of hug. The hug loosened, and Sarah found herself kissing Sigmund.[break][break]

"Wow... what a welcome, Siggy!" she could feel his overwhelming love in such an overpowering way. He was always like this, and she never felt as loved as she did when he was nearby... well, maybe with the exception of her father's Arcanine which could coat her entire body in a thick layer of saliva.[break][break]

"Well, I've loved you more than you've missed me," Sarah said just before seizing his hands and interlacing her fingers. "You're so warm..."

[attr="class","udlz"]

blues of the never static explosion devoted to crushing the broken and shoving their souls to ghost—you set your sights

@sigmund

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

created by rascal

[newclass=.uradio] width: 500px; border: 1px solid #1f2226; background-color: #31363c; padding: 25px;[/newclass][newclass=.udlz] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; color: #f9f2e6; font-family: 'Oswald', sans-serif; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; text-transform: uppercase; border-bottom: 1px solid #01B59F;[/newclass][newclass=.uthegood] font:11px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform:lowercase; line-height:15px; color: #f9f2e6; padding:30px; text-align: justify;[/newclass][newclass=.uthegood b] font:10.5px 'Oswald', sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; color: #F8B500;[/newclass][newclass=.uthegood i] font-style: normal; border-bottom: 1px solid #01B59F;[/newclass][newclass=.uthebad]width: 40px; height:40px; background-color: #1f2226; border-radius: 50px; margin-top: -22px; margin-left: 6px; float: left; padding: 2px;[/newclass][newclass=.utheugly]background-color: #424851; padding: 5px; margin-top: 10px; font:10px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform:lowercase; line-height: 12px; color: #1f2226;[/newclass][newclass=.theugly a]font:10px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform:lowercase;color:#1f2226;[/newclass][googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700] [googlefont=Oswald:400,700]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 5:54:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[break][break]
Sigmund chimed with laughter at her response. He always seemed to surprise or confuse her, one way or another. Sometimes even both. That was a good thing, though, right? On some level, that kept him interesting to her. Which helped, when he considered Sarah to be way above his league with her smarts and beauty.

"I've been thinking about doing that all day," He admits, smiling brightly when she takes his hand and returning a gentle squeeze. He can't help but blush and laugh again afterwards. "First of all, that's impossible. Second of all, I've also been thinking about what sorta cute, dorky thing you'd say. Gotta say: I'm not disappointed, babe."

As bright as the sun that shone above them, the blonde takes the handle of Sarah's roller bag with his free hand, then guides his girlfriend through the crowd of reunited civilians on the dock as they head for the exit. Ratatoskr sits on his shoulder, excited for what they have planned next. Particularly since Sarah still didn't know, of course.

"How was the trip here?" Sigmund asks.

notes:

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

prim

She/Her
April 15th
Route 39 (Johto)
Heterosexual
Pokemon Statistician
Sigmund Sauer
Boyfriend
0 height
0 height
awards
23 posts
Sarah Dandy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @prim
Sarah Dandy
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 6:14:09 GMT
Sarah Dandy Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","uradio"]

Sigmund took her suitcase before she could protest, so she didn't, and instead followed along at his side. He always tried to be such a gentleman when she was around, and Sarah knew that to be in his personality. In fact, she thought it strange given that he was so goofy and spontaneous. That duality somehow made him more attractive and fascinating. She simply couldn't figure him out, and that was exciting. In fact, he was the opposite of her in that way. Sarah was so calculated and made no special effort to be ladylike.[break][break]

"The trip was fine.. I got the chance to watch another 10 battles, and so far the p-value of my Battle Outcome Prediction Module is significantly less than .2... It's .1445, to be exact. With some additional tweaking and more data, I may be able to present my research at the Pokemon Science Conference in July. That's my hope at least..."[break][break]

Sarah nodded. There was so much more work that needed to be done, and there were so many variables to account for. [break][break]

"The most interesting battle was where a Nidoking actually took out an Alakazam, completely upsetting my algorithm. However, it had a focus sash I hadn't accounted for, which is why you must always stress-test any scientific theory. Have you ever used a focus sash before, Siggy? They can come in handy, apparently."

[attr="class","udlz"]

@sigmund

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

created by rascal

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 6:39:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[break][break]
Fascinated, intrigued, and whole-heartedly confused, Sigmund's dumb grin expands as watches Sarah dive into her ardent explanations of battle statistics and prediction doohickeys. She'd always shown such an enthusiasm for pokemon battles and tactics. His thing was traveling and taking photos. But, with his experience and her smarts, they could be a force to be reckoned with in tournaments.

Hearing about the Alakazam's defeat at the hands of a Nidoking, however, did serve to surprise him. Even without an algorithm to reference! "I can't say that I have..." He responds, turning to her with wide hazel eyes. "Did the Nidoking know karate or something? Maybe a super forbidden technique of some sort? What did it do?"

notes:

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

prim

She/Her
April 15th
Route 39 (Johto)
Heterosexual
Pokemon Statistician
Sigmund Sauer
Boyfriend
0 height
0 height
awards
23 posts
Sarah Dandy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @prim
Sarah Dandy
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 7:03:07 GMT
Sarah Dandy Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","uradio"]

Sarah had hoped Sigmund would ask more about the equation she had developed, however she wasn't particularly surprised that he didn't. She'd show it to him anyway, at some point, but he probably knew better than to invite her to talk about it because he'd likely get a 2 hour lecture. In any case, he never shut her out, and so Sarah appreciated him nonetheless. [break][break]

Whether or not he was interested in the equation, he shared equal interest in learning about the battle itself. Interest in battling was something that both Sarah and Sigmund shared to a great extent. [break][break]

"Karate chop? No, nothing so ludicrous," Sarah dismissed the idea, however she wouldn't put it past a Nidoking somewhere to use such a move. Nidoking was a highly versatile pokemon after all. "Like many Nidoking it was a particularly heavy hitter. Usually Nidoking would get both outshot and outsped by a well-trained Alakazam. With its focus sash, however, Nidoking just barely managed to overcome the Alakazam's psychic assault. One hit was all it took. I estimate that Nidoking survived with just 1 HP, which was infinitely more than the Alakazam at the end of the battle."[break][break]

Sarah's chin index finger rose to her chin.[break][break]

"I wonder if the focus sash has any effect on a pokemon's special defense..." she pondered. "But I digress. Should we do something fun?"

[attr="class","udlz"]

@sigmund

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

created by rascal

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 8:03:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[break][break]
A karate-chopping Nidoking sounded like a super powerful concept, Sigmund thought. He wondered why he didn't see it more often. Regardless, Sarah's description of this 'focus sash' made it sound like something pokemon used to keep themselves from being knocked out in one hit. That, too, sounded fairly karate-like in a way... kinda. Not as cool as the techniques he had in mind, though.

"Wow... so the Nidoking had his anime moment and thrashed the Alakazam, right?!" He eagerly inquiries with sparkling eyes. "That's so cool. I wish I could have seen it... you thinking about buying a focus sash somewhere, too, Sarah? Maybe I can help you find a place." He offers, finally guiding them out of the docks and into the city beyond.

The streets are paved white and surrounded by bright, colorful greenery all around. Spring in Lilycove was perhaps the nicest place to be in Hoenn for this reason. The air was filled with the fragrance of sea mist and fresh flowers. Nearly everyone (especially the tourists) was dressed in comfortable, light clothing to match the tropical climate.

Meanwhile, Sigmund didn't have an answer to Sarah's muttering of 'special defense', but he definitely had an answer for her second question! "Hehe, where do you think we're headed?" He smiles, gently swinging her hand before winking. "Way ahead of you."

notes:

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

prim

She/Her
April 15th
Route 39 (Johto)
Heterosexual
Pokemon Statistician
Sigmund Sauer
Boyfriend
0 height
0 height
awards
23 posts
Sarah Dandy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @prim
Sarah Dandy
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 14:30:53 GMT
Sarah Dandy Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","uradio"]

Sarah couldn't help other than to reflect Sigmund's beaming excitement herself. He was so excited just to hear about the battle, and now he had Sarah wishing he'd been there watching it with her. In fact, maybe he would have noticed something about the battle that she missed. The two of them did tend to focus on very different aspects of the same situations which only served to allow them to enhance their understanding of the world around them.[break][break]

Sigmund started swinging her hand, causing Sarah to loosen up enough not to fight him. Her muscles tended to be stiff, even at rest... perhaps Sigmund had done this just to force her to relax a bit?[break][break]

Where were they heading, actually? Somewhere fun, certainly, but Sarah had no idea and Sigmund's rhetorical question didn't help to eliminate the potential options.[break][break]

"Anywhere is fine."

[attr="class","udlz"]

@sigmund

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

created by rascal

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 7:26:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[break][break]
Sigmund grins like an idiot again before leaning in to peck her cheek. "I agree. So long as it's with you." He adds, guiding them towards the sparkling beachside boardwalk nearby. The weather was fair today, thankfully, he thought. Summer hadn't quite arrived yet, but when it did, hoo boy.

"So! It's been a while since you've last been in Hoenn. Have you been keeping tabs on what's been going on here? Or should I catch you up?" He brightly offers, that smile of his slightly faltering when he realizes a lot of this 'catching up' isn't exactly... good news.

notes:

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

prim

She/Her
April 15th
Route 39 (Johto)
Heterosexual
Pokemon Statistician
Sigmund Sauer
Boyfriend
0 height
0 height
awards
23 posts
Sarah Dandy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @prim
Sarah Dandy
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 5:39:27 GMT
Sarah Dandy Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","uradio"]

Well, it was fair for Sigmund to think that she wouldn't be completely up to date on all the things that were happening in Hoenn, though she tried her best to stay in the loop given that her boyfriend lived here. That said, Johto always had a fair amount of things going on as well for Sarah to keep up with, even if she spent more time training pokemon than getting involved in politics.[break][break]

"I heard something about Ultra Beasts," she answered him. "What should I know?"

[attr="class","udlz"]

@sigmund

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

created by rascal

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 18:19:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[break][break]
Right, the Ultra Beasts.

"I, uh... I never got to see any in person myself," Despite all his insisting that he could help, his mother had kept him firmly at their home in Sootopolis during the chaos. He was still kinda iffed about it. "They're basically, like, pokemon from another dimension full of cannibals. Some of them were really big, though. Kaiju-sized."

He'd seen the photos, anyway. And he knew Sarah knew about the war, since they'd mostly kept in touch with each other during that time as Sigmund was stuck at home. He hadn't really gone into much detail then, however, as he was ashamed of his inability to help. "A lot of people died because of them... but the League ended up winning in the end."

Noticing his smile had fallen, he shakes his head and turns back to Sarah with a smile. "But yeah! I guess we can count ourselves lucky we never ran into one."

notes:

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

prim

She/Her
April 15th
Route 39 (Johto)
Heterosexual
Pokemon Statistician
Sigmund Sauer
Boyfriend
0 height
0 height
awards
23 posts
Sarah Dandy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @prim
Sarah Dandy
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 6:59:18 GMT
Sarah Dandy Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","uradio"]

Ultra beasts sounded like a huge disaster to Sarah. Titanic Kaiju-sized monsters invading Hoenn was something she wasn't quite prepared to handle, even with all the statistics in the world. Sarah's pokemon were strong and she was a good trainer... but that kind of stuff sounded better left to some kind of pokemon military. [break][break]

"Well, I'm glad you survived.." Sarah expressed her relief. "I know you must have been scared."[break][break]

Sarah wondered how she and Dopey would have been able to manage if it came down to it.[break][break]

"It would have been nice to study them though."

[attr="class","udlz"]

@sigmund

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

created by rascal

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 18:41:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[break][break]
Sigmund snorted. "Me? Scared? Never, baby! You know me better than that." He confidently responded, hoping to get back some cheer into their conversation. The Emolga on his shoulder happily concurred, uttering a tough squeak as it sparked just a bit of electricity out of its cheeks.

"I'm sure a lot of the scientists here got a chance to do some research, though. Maybe we can stop by one of the labs one of these days and ask?" He adds, their footsteps echoing quite hollow as they traverse off the concrete-paved sidewalk and onto the creaky floorboards of the boardwalk. "Oh! By the waaaaay," He continues, stopping to release her hand from his grasp and rummage into his backpack for a little bit.

Pulling out a pokeball, he sets his bag down and gently grasps her hand once more, placing the pokeball on her open palm before wrapping her fingers around it.

"I got you a little gift for coming to see me again... and choosing to stay here longer this time." He smiles, an adoring twinkle in his eye as he looks at her. But he ruins the moment when he realizes his wording is a bit off. "Well, not exactly a gift... more of a partner. A friend. Though I guess the pokeball she comes in can be considered a 'gift'." He adds, tapping a finger to his chin for a moment before shaking his head and laughing.

"Anyways! Her name's Maizey!"

notes:

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

prim

She/Her
April 15th
Route 39 (Johto)
Heterosexual
Pokemon Statistician
Sigmund Sauer
Boyfriend
0 height
0 height
awards
23 posts
Sarah Dandy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @prim
Sarah Dandy
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 1:18:25 GMT
Sarah Dandy Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","uradio"]

Sarah nodded in disbelief as she came to the realization that people had certainly captured the Ultra Beasts. That sounded very Farfetch'd, almost like having a legendary pokemon, in a way. But, she wasn't going to dispute it. In fact, Sarah admired people who had been able to tame such pokemon, even if they ran the risk of upsetting the balances of nature itself.[break][break]

Sigmund suddenly shifted gears to pulling out a pokeball that he aimed to gift her. Sarah wasn't surprised that Sigmund had gotten her a gift, but she was most certainly surprised that it was an actual pokemon... Sarah gazed blankly toward the ball for more than a couple seconds as she pondered what could be inside of it. Surely, a pokemon native to the Hoenn region, she guessed. But what?[break][break]

"Maisey, huh?" Sarah paused. Her eyes then shifted upward toward Sigmund. "Knowing you, it's probably something corny. I bet it's a Luvdisc. Isn't it?"

[attr="class","udlz"]

@sigmund

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

created by rascal