April May Bring Flowers (C)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 3:41:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]

Droplets of rain sprinkled down unexpectedly. Blue eyes looked upwards at the darkening morning sky, squinting at the mass of storm clouds that was headed towards him. Simone released a heavy sigh, rain was not in the forecast today but the spring season was known to have sudden downpours. One of the reasons he carried a portable umbrella at all times.

Pulling out the small purple umbrella, Simone continued on his way back home. There was a quicker pace to his steps, as he didn't want to get caught up in the downpour which was coming.
(@zora)

[newclass=.echo]width:82px;height:82px;-webkit-transition:all 0.7s ease;transition:all 0.7s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.echo:hover]-webkit-transform: scale(0.9, 0.9);transform: scale(0.9, 0.9)-webkit-transition:all 0.7s ease;transition:all 0.7s ease;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 4:37:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@simone

“Zora!”

“My name’s Zor, Mom!”

“… Zor, Please don’t go all the way to Littleroot again, I don’t want to have to go out—”

“Ok Mom, I won’t, bye!”

A couple of hours later, somewhere on the edges of Littleroot, a small child mounted atop a Doduo made their way through the woods. The wheels of an old skateboard spun, strapped atop an unnecessarily large pink backpack which dwarfed her entirely.

She felt a raindrop hit the top of her scalp at a pulled part. “What the heck? Mom said it wasn’t supposed to rain today. Ugh.

Trot, trot.

Someone up ahead. “Hey! Blondie! Are you headed back to town? Do you care if we follow you, but like… from a distance?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 0:46:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]

Hearing someone shout at him, Simone would turn back and would notice a young girl traveling on top of her doduo. He was slightly surprised to see a child up so early. "That's fine!" Noticing that she didn't have an umbrella, Simone walked over to offer his. "Here, I'm sure your mother would't want you to catch a cold." He would lightly force the umbrella into her hands, not wanting for her to decline. "Are you lost?"
(@zora)

[newclass=.echo]width:82px;height:82px;-webkit-transition:all 0.7s ease;transition:all 0.7s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.echo:hover]-webkit-transform: scale(0.9, 0.9);transform: scale(0.9, 0.9)-webkit-transition:all 0.7s ease;transition:all 0.7s ease;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 3:01:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@simone

“Hey! I said from a distance, man! AHH!”

But the umbrella was handed to her anyways, and she glowered, brandishing it at him before holding it over her head.

“I wouldn’t say lost…” Brown eyes cut. “I know my way around here. It’s early and I haven’t had my coffee yet. Brain’s not firing on all cylinders, y’know?”

The Doduo blinked at him and tilted one of its heads.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 5:08:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]

Realizing that he was way too forceful with a child, Simone would quickly take a few steps back. "Sorry.." He apologized, not wanting to scare her. He would then pull up his hood so he could at least save his head from getting drenched.

Simone would give a small nod, understanding that she didn't want to admit that she had been lost. "Well, I'll lead the way so just follow me okay?" He told Zora with a bright smile, giving the girls duodo, he couldn't resist giving it a small pat. Simone would then lead the way he started some small talk as they walked. "Names Simone by the way, whats yours?"
(@zora)

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 21:54:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@simone

Zora’s face skewed at the man’s apology. “It’s whatever, dude. Thanks for the umbrella.” She looked up, seeing the shadows of raindrops collecting through the material.

The doduo tilted its head and gave a happy coo at the pat.

“Ok.” She cut eyes at him a little, hesitant. For some reason, it felt like a good idea to lie. “Max.”

They followed, waiting a few steps to trail along behind. “What’re you doin’ out here anyways?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 13:16:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
I had some work matters to handle” Simone responded in a friendly manner, the rain didn’t seem to be letting up and he figured it would be quick to get get some cover - he didn’t want her to catch the flu or some other illness. “Anyway’s its nice to meet you, Max.” Simone glanced curiously at her and the duodo, there was a random thought that popped into his mind, “How fast is your Duodo?” He asked to try and strike up some more small talk.

@zora
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 6:59:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@simone

She regarded the man carefully. “Yeah… you too.”

The Doduo disturbed the ground with each step, the beginnings of mud speckling its reptilian toes. ‘Dooo.’ It cooed, as though responding for her. It was fast. Very fast.

“Scratch is the fastest pokemon I’ve ever seen in person, honestly.” she boasted, giving the bird a pat on the neck.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 6:16:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
I believe it” Duodo were known to be good runners after all, though he had never seen one race before. Rain continued to lightly drizzle, but when Simone glanced up at the sky he predicted that heavy rain would start falling any second. The last thing he wanted was to deal with drenched clothing. Glimpsing back towards Max and her pokemon, an idea came to mind.

How about a race?” He smirked at the suggestion, even though he knew that Max and her duodo would be the obvious winners. However Simone figured that she would accept the challenge, most kids liked to be competitive after all. He gestured towards a tree which was much taller compared to those nearby. “That tree over there is the finish.” Upon notifying her, Simone would begin to run towards it, kicking up water from the puddles as he did so. “I get a head start!!” he would shout back towards her, still racing towards the tree.

@zora
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 23:01:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@simone

Zora quirked a brow at the man. Who did this guy think he was? Mere mortals could not contend with the speed of Scratch. He would have to learn.

“If that’s what ya wanna do. Your funeral, dude.” She shrugged. He’d probably slip in the mud or something.

They prepared. On the mark. Get set.

What the heck? “HEY! CHEATER! SCRATCH, GO! GO GO GO!

And they were off, kicking up mud which splattered her backpack, and the umbrella which she held above them difficultly, slowing them down quite a bit. The rain began to pour, obscuring things. Where was the tree again?

They ran straight past it, as well as Simone.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 23:43:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Truthfully he was expecting it. He would never beat the speed of a doduo, but Simone still put in his best effort. Even though he was way behind Max and Scratch, the head start didn't even help - the pair had raced past them early on leaving Simone in the dust. Or in this case, mud.

Simone reached the finish point a little later, but both max and scratch were not in sight. His breathing was heavy and he was completely drenched in rain, sweat and mud. Simone placed a hand on his chest, trying to slow down his breathing to catch his breath.

After he rested somewhat, he glanced down towards the ground. Studying the tracks left behind by Max's duodo. From the looks of things they might be close, Simone didn't want to be responsible if the pair got lost. "Max!?" He shouted over the drizzling rain, "We playing hide and seek now??" He continued to shout as he walked along the path, keeping an eye out for them.

@zora