DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
avoidance
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 5:41:58 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
it's been a long time coming..

a long time coming, that's for sure. the last time she's seen the head of silph, her family's company was being bought out due to some energy failures, some that she just couldn't figure out for the life of her. she couldn't figure out what was going on, no one in the company could figure out was going on, and it was terrible. it caused an impact, more than she would have liked. one that, if she had been more attentive, could have been avoided altogether. one that could have prevented this mess.

but now really wasn't the time to wallow in the past; she's already done that enough.

today, she was supposed to meet the ceo once again, the man who decided to buy out the remainder of devon that did not involve the energy, which involved the research and manufacturing of gadgets for the trainers, along with other miscellanies. she's anxious, but she has to be alright. at the very least, the responsibility has been lifted from her shoulders (but the burden of being a coward, nothing that had met expectations like her brother had, will always haunt her).

the door opens, and she raises her head from her desk. "silph."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
avoidance
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 6:26:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Stone.

There is acknowledgement in his voice, not because she deserves it—no one could replace , no matter how much he despises him—but because she is the only Stone left worth mentioning. As her head raises to meet his own, his eyes narrow, judging, before softening into a brief smile.

Good afternoon.

He has an inkling of why she’s called him here today but not enough so to bet on it. The only reason he spares her a chunk of his schedule is because this is well overdue. His hand in Devon has been lax so far but that’s subject to change.

It hinges on whatever proves more profitable.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
born into this dying world, its time is up
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
avoidance
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 19:18:42 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
what would have alex done?

she finds herself asking herself that, quite often. whenever she feels humiliated, at a loss, confused - she was the older sister, and yet she grasped at the straws and the fragments that were now a dead man.what would her father done? what would her little brother have done?

one thing's for certain, neither of them would have let devon be demoted into a mere faction for silph. humiliating.

she knows the smile is fake. she knows well that he acts with the courtesy of a business (the masks worn around is enough to bring a scowl to her face, but she has to suppress it with a smile of her own). she puts on a small smile. not because she was pleased, but because she has to.

"good afternoon, indeed. i apologize for calling you in spite of your busy schedule." honestly, she'd hope that his busy schedule kept him from stepping into her office altogether. she gets to the point, she doesn't want to deal with this man longer than she has to.

"i'll be blunt: what are you plans" schemes "now that you've devon?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
avoidance
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 19:47:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]She’s not too far off the mark. Unbeknownst, he’s had this same conversation with . And, as per the course with the Stone family, Fernando provides nothing of substance. Mostly because he has no reason to.

Hm. I hadn’t really thought of it.” He pauses, eyes averted upward in contemplative thought. “For now, as long as no one else acquires it, I’m content. Hoenn needs to be able to rely on a native, household name.

But, with the way his face lights up, something comes to mind. “Consider it favor for your brother. In the meantime, do find out what happened in regards those issues you’ve been having. I’d prefer Devon to maintain it’s upstanding reputation.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
avoidance
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 20:04:13 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
right, he'd punch this man right in the noggin.

but she couldn't do that, no matter how much she willed it. she could only hope that alex was able to read her thoughts in the afterlife, and was more than willing to do exactly that to such a smug and shameless man. he claims that he has no plans and avoids her question, and she doesn't know how to feel about it.

discontent.

but she can't show it on her face, now could she? even as this sly man's face lights up, like a giddy child who's come up with an amazing idea. he leads with the mention at her brother, a sore spot and wound that only pricks at her heart. arceus, she wanted to deck him.

"i assure you, we're working tirelessly on it." in conjunction with their own research into hoenn, and the energy within it (strange beasts didn't appear for no reason, but she doesn't know what they're after). even if it's been slowed. her expression stays pleasant, for the sake of courtesy and mannerisms, but it can't hide the slight, icy glare of contempt for the man before her.

there's no point in questioning him further about devon, even if she thinks that the man lies between his teeth "you look eager."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
avoidance
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 20:24:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“I can tell. And, I appreciate that. You have my full confidence.

There’s no reason to push her further. As entertaining as it may be, her success is now his success. Despite how easily he can afford it, Fernando’s not petty enough to disparage his own means just to get back to someone. Well, not someone of Daphne’s caliber. Not yet.

Oh,” he quirks a brow. “Eager how?

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
avoidance
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 23:01:32 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
she doesn't believe him when he says that he's no plans, but she keeps that to herself. she doesn't have to say how she's noticed - it's hard to miss. it's hard to miss just how content he was with this, just how smug he was with this result. she shakes her head, and maintains her smile, nevertheless.

"like you've something up your sleeve." it's concerning.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
avoidance
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 23:16:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Hm,” Fernando rolls back his sleeve to examine his bare wrist before returning her stare with a blank, clueless look. “Well, nothing that I can see.” He does the other one as well for theatrics but the results prove the same.

He clicks his tongue.

Was that all, Stone?

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
avoidance
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 19:31:58 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
ah yes, this coy man here literally glanced to see if there was something up his sleeve. it felt insulting, like he wasn't taking her words seriously. even more insulting was the fact that she couldn't say anything, and the fact that she dared not to speak back - that is, not directly.

"i hope you know that i don't like being kept in the dark, silph."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
avoidance
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 7:50:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]His look transitions in stages. First was questioningly. Prying to see how much she knew. When that answer turned out to be nothing, he can only look to understand why. At a certain point, even he cannot understand what angle she’s playing, which turns confusion into annoyance.

‘Then turn on the light’ comes to mind but playing with her will only delay the inevitable.

His eyes narrow.

What do you want Stone?