part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
i coldly stare out
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 8:37:30 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@hades
SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT MISSION

She stood in the mirror for a long time. It wasn’t to apply makeup, or to gauge the appropriateness of her attire. Rather, it was to assess how she’d changed.

Saoirse had been a very quiet child. She’d been years late speaking, and it had stunted the whole dynamic of the household and how she had been treated following developmental issues. She’d suffered poor self-worth and lack of familial bonding, while holed up in a big quiet house—when hadn’t been being yelled at, of course. Through a series of wild events and on the power of a breaking heart, she’d ended up in the mafia, and over time, they’d brought her out of her thick shell. Through crime, she’d bonded with her first real friends. A family. It had made the outside world not matter anymore. It’d been just them, the money they made—not that she’d cared about it, then—and the thrill of their lifestyle.

Rocket had its similarities, or it could have had. She could have still been that person. It had been prison, first, which had begun to drain her. The first time she’d had her nose broken and not been able to do a thing about it. It had been the two years she’d spent in cell block 19, and the things which had happened behind concrete walls, and the things which had happened after she’d been let free from them. Everything that had happened leading up to Hoenn. Everything that had happened after.

She’d never expected to make it so far from home, and so far from herself. It was strange, though, because she’d never felt like she’d had an identity to begin with. Without a sense of where she’d started, she wasn’t sure if she was further or closer to knowing herself.

She also wasn’t sure if it mattered anymore.

With essentials in tow, she took one last sip from a bottle of tequila which sat on the counter, and black heels then clicked their way out of the apartment.

The location was a restaurant called Waldroop’s. It was a nice place, with a blend of fusion fare with a nice alcohol selection—which would be much needed, but most importantly, it was dark. The tables were spaced well, with strategically placed décor and subtle dividers to provide privacy for intimate dates, and business dinners. It buzzed with light chatter and music at a tasteful volume, encouraging conversation.
And it was nice. She would cover the bill.

Her appearance was sharp. Arms were beard in a black halter top, the inward curve of its cut over her shoulder only covering the scar of bullet-hole about half the time when she shifted. Black pants fit for work to evening, fit snug all the way down to her ankles and the tops of her feet, where the tattoos of her past poked out—to minimal a display to matter.

She sat at a table already, having made the reservation for fifteen minutes earlier than she’d told him. She’d wanted to make sure the table was acceptable, and that no one dining around them would be unsavory or suspicious.

An top-shelf anejo was ordered and reached her hand before he arrived.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
i coldly stare out
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 5:14:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Body sunken into the crinkled leather seats of a taxi, the doctor's icy gaze rested on the tinted window, his head nearly pressed against it. Poles passed by as the car softly made it's way through the forgotten streets of Slateport. The only sound was that of the soft radio humming ancient showtunes from the past Eventually, with a curt thud, the car stopped. "We're here," The driver coughed, his voice abused by decades worth of cigarette smoke. Atticus smiled. Then, without offering a single word, he paid the man and departed from the car.

This was it. The stage was set, the lights were on, and the audience was waiting eagerly for the main character's arrival. And it was coming, of course. Atticus entered the restaurant with a brazen assurance. He didn't pay mind to the countless odd looks he received upon entering, nor the hushed whispers that rattled the tables around him. None of that mattered to him.

And so, his crystal blue eyes blankly searched the crowd of posh guests, ready to spot out the one person he was desperately awaiting to see for the past week.

Aha.

The soft thuds of his dress shoes broke out as he strode over to arranged table deep within the restaurant's main dining room. "Greetings." His voice sounded like poison-- a deceptive concoction that would lead to anyone's untimely demise. Atticus' appearance was no different. His dress shirt, while professional, was riddled with wrinkles. The black dress pants were no different. Perfectly crafted for the setting, yet there was a hint of something being off about him.

A devilish smile spread across his face. He leaned forward, elbows rested on the clothed tabletop, and perched his head on top of his now intertwined hands. For a brief moment his eyes looked the woman up and down - examining her with an intensified curiosity. Then, with a chuckle, he commented, "Going through a phase, are we?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,351 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
i coldly stare out
POSTED ON May 5, 2021 5:37:12 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@hades

It had been so long, she’d forgotten that she’d once had a sense of humor. Or, at least, that she’d learned the language enough to banter.

She noted the wrinkles in his clothes—not out of judgement, but simply remembering a time when she once hadn’t ever noticed the dirt on her own boots. Without responding, for a long moment she merely looked across the table at him. Brought her drink up, stared, all eyes, over the edge of her glass. Aged tequila was sipped and set back down, fingers dried in a hidden napkin before perching on the table and lacing together, all business.

“Life is but a series of phases, is it not, Doctor?”

But opening the verbal connection was like the falling of a dam, and she just as quickly unlaced, reaching across the table at familiarity and offering him her hand in a vague, delicate gesture. Not to shake, necessarily, but to touch and know his realness before pulling away again.

“How was your trip?”

Soon, of course, a well-attired server would join them and ask for his drink order, and all of that.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
i coldly stare out
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 5:53:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Hamlet certainly agrees with you." Despite himself, his dark brown eyes softened as her hand reached across the table for his, lightly surprised by the sight. Atticus unraveled his fingers and accepted her vague gesture with a delicate touch, his hands both unexpectedly soft and icy cold. The familiarity of her touch further sparked a pang of memories.

"Well enough. Managed to finish an audio book I've been listening to-- Heart of Darkness. Worth a recommendation."

Before the two could continue, a waiter had arrived at the table, a tight lipped smile spread across his crinkled face. The struggles of the day were apparent in his weary eyes. Atticus didn't bother averting his gaze towards the forgettable man. Void of a hint of emotion, he simply uttered his order, his eyes still set on hers. "The 18 year Macallan."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,351 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
i coldly stare out
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2021 2:11:57 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@hades
“Good for him.”

His hand was real. It retracted as well. When the server arrived, her gaze assessed him only briefly before idling across the well-set table. Heart of Darkness.

“Sounds like an interesting uh… listen?”

His order was unfamiliar, and passed without summoning much curiosity. Soon enough, they were alone again, in their intimate setting. Her glass lowered.

“So what’s the book about?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
i coldly stare out
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 1:31:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The waiter's presence didn't linger for long. That was something Atticus appreciated about these sort of restaurants. The workers always know when it's appropriate to leave, and typically don't hover more than necessary.

Her comment elicited a soft chuckle, then a smile. "Ah yes, it was." Leaning back into the cushioned chair, his index finger began to trace the creases of the table cloth, following every outline from start to finish. A bad habit not worth breaking.

"We live in the flicker -- may it last as long as the old earth keeps rolling! But darkness was here yesterday. With a voice veering over the edge of exaggeration, he recited the quote, the end of his lips tucked into a smirk. "Beyond dissecting the atrocities and hypocrisy of imperialism, it's a tale that mingles with the inherent potential of evil in both humanity, and of course, civilization itself. Though, it's age can make it poor read for some, so fair warning."

By the time he had finished, the waiter had returned with his drink, a thin layer of darken liquid lifted by a circle of ice. Atticus graciously accepted the drink before gingerly rattling the ice in the glass. "Fifi," His burning gaze lifted back up towards hers, "Tell me-- how are you."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,351 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
i coldly stare out
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2021 21:54:12 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
@hades

She watched his finger move across the table almost curiously. It was sort of… odd, but then again, she’d been made aware of a plethora of her own quirks.

The darkness was here yesterday. Actually, it was here, in this room, watching him.

“Oh, don’t warn me. I think I maybe witness enough evil as it is; don’t need to pick it up on my free time too—not that I have any.”

There was a short laugh, before her glass was replaced on the table, and she laced fingers together in her lap politely.

The waiter had left momentarily, giving them time to mull over the menu. Lulu’s eyes didn’t leave him yet, however.

“It’s Lulu now, actually,” she corrected. “and I am… fine.”

“Prosperous.”

The edges of her mouth curled, and a moment of silence passed, and she said nothing else of herself—yet.

“And how are you?”

Need a job?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
i coldly stare out
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2021 3:26:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He chuckled at her response. She was right-- a warning between devils felt ultimately meaningless, especially given their track record of misdeeds. Bringing the glass to his lips, Atticus took a small sip before returning his gaze to the woman, whose eyes bore deeply into his.

Alas, business had ought to be conducted.

"Ah, Lulu... I'm glad to hear you're doing well." The name tasted of black tar on his tongue, both foreign and repulsive. It stood as a clear reminder of the decay of the exuberant and wildish young woman he once knew, and frankly, it was a shame to see her fade away.

"Painfully boring." The words came out as a sigh. "Too much time with so little to do."