thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Welcome To The Family [C]
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 20:29:14 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"It will never be enough."

He knows, for there is a void within him that will never fill. Power was a drug, an addiction, and no matter one's motives for acquiring it—

Survive. No matter the cost.

—there was always room for more.

Even now, with Lugia's blessing surging through his blood, with more confidence and certainty than he's felt in a lifetime, Gavin craves the pursuit of it. For if there is no mountain to climb, where will he go? What would he do?

"Everything," Gavin repeats. "A dangerous word."

He picks up his phone and calls . "We've got a M.A.G.M.A potential in my office, if you're free." He hangs up. To , Gavin demands, "I recommended you for the promotion. Don't disappoint me."
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 12:00:45 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Thankfully for all of them, Chu-e's office is just down the hall from 's. The call is brief, too, and soon enough Chu-e is puttering down the hallway. A MAGMA potential was worth more than whatever paperwork or loss of humanity he was dealing with before.

A quick greeting to Ellis, that old song and dance, and then he's allowed inside; shame that Gavin tended to keep his office Fairy Locked when he had company. Teleporting would have been faster. When he enters, he smiles. All plastic, showing just the right amount of teeth, well trained and maintained as a talk show host might keep. His eyes find quick and assesses; Chu-e hadn't met him yet and was curious of the new Admin over Intel. Given his previous affiliation with Intel, albeit his talents more specialized in that department, he liked to keep a closer eye on the worker bees there.

"Chu-e Choi!" A brief introduction. "So, you think you can handle our little MAGMA project?"
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 9:51:15 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","morhuman"]
[attr="class","morhuman-big-img"]

[attr="class","morhuman-1"]
[attr="class","morhuman-title"]
more human[break]than human

[attr="class","morhuman-tagged"]

[attr="class","morhuman-subtitle"]
i am the astro-creep, a demolition-style hell american freak. i am the crawling dead, a phantom in a box shadow in your head.

[attr="class","morhuman-pkmn"]

[attr="class","morhuman-post"]

[attr="class","morhuman-icon"]

"It is, but I mean it." and he's not even lying. Everything is what he'd give for the power to protect Lex. And that seems to be what convinces Merlino to share his secrets.

[break][break]

The phone call is quick. A single sentence is all Gavin says before hanging up. The term he uses sticks out like a sore thumb. M.A.G.M.A? It has to be related to Avatars.

[break][break]

Merlino is quick to turn his attention back to him. What's cleary an order escapes the man's lips. Intentional or not, Killian can hear the threat hidden behind it. "I won't." he replies with a similar firmness.

[break][break]

Behind him, the door opens and shuts. Killian recognizes the man who enters as Rocket's other underboss. , former beast. That smile he's wearing is fake. Killian's been around enough grifters to spot the difference between artificial and authentic.

[break][break]

"I know who you are." as if he'd try to swim with the sharks without being prepared. "You'd be surprised by what I could handle." his confidence speaks volumes.

[break][break]

"What is MAGMA? I'm assuming it has something to do with Avatars. Otherwise, Gavin wouldn't have called you in here." Merlino didn't come across as though he'd waste someone's time.

[attr="class","morhuman-bot-1"]

notes about this post

hyped
[attr="class","morhuman-bot"][attr="class","th th-pencil"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700]
[newclass=.morhuman]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; }.morhuman-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.morhuman-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.morhuman-1 { border:solid 1px #232323;position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.morhuman-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#bd9fc9;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.morhuman-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.morhuman-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.morhuman-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.morhuman-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.morhuman-tagged a:hover { color:#bd9fc9!important; }.morhuman-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.morhuman-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.morhuman-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.morhuman-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.morhuman-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.morhuman-post { color:#E7EFE8;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.morhuman-post i { color:#c1b3c7; }.morhuman-post b { color:#bd9fc9;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.morhuman-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.morhuman-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;filter:contrast(80%); }.morhuman-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#bd9fc9;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#2b2b2b;font-size:45px; }.morhuman-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;padding-left:110px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#999999;height:75px; }.morhuman-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#bd9fc9;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#272727!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 13:53:10 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"You'd be surprised what you can't."

There's warning there, should care to look for it. For Gavin's part, his thoughts have shifted elsewhere. No matter the cost. Blood shivers in his veins in memory of a pain that would become all too familiar. For the glory of Team Rocket.

Gavin goes silent, allowing to answer the question as he sees fit. Absently, he rubs a needle mark in the crook of his arm, tender where they've drawn his blood.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 21:33:06 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Modification and Adjustment of Genetics to Magnify Avatars." Chu-e paces for a moment before settling, leaning against one of the walls with ankles crossed and hands behind his back. The words rolls off his tongue like he's practiced them, made sure they sounded perfect.

"A nice title, right? MAGMA is our initiative to granting regular people, like you or me, the powers of Avatars like our dear Gavin here!" He grins, raises his hands and wiggles his fingers in a showy fashion. "Imagine being able to phase into shadows, summon and control plants, or shoot fire out of your ass! All without having a God judge your soul and endure being known."
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 14:19:08 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

i am the astro-creep, a demolition-style hell american freak. i am the crawling dead, a phantom in a box shadow in your head.

"I know my limits, Gavin. Better than you think I do."

[break][break]

As frustrating as it was to give her any praise. had allowed him a glimpse as to what those limits were. Killian could at least thank her for that.

[break][break]

His hunger for knowledge grew as enlightened him on MAGMA's specifics. Fascination shone in his eyes like a torch in the darkness. These were the things he wanted, but there was a problem.

[break][break]

"Their link to the legendary is what gives an Avatar their strength, correct? So even if you could manage to transfer a portion of their abilities to someone else. Wouldn't the recipient's power be weaker - a cheap copy?"

notes about this post

hyped

[newclass=.morhuman]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; }.morhuman-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.morhuman-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.morhuman-1 { border:solid 1px #232323;position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.morhuman-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#bd9fc9;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.morhuman-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.morhuman-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.morhuman-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.morhuman-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.morhuman-tagged a:hover { color:#bd9fc9!important; }.morhuman-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.morhuman-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.morhuman-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.morhuman-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.morhuman-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.morhuman-post { color:#E7EFE8;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.morhuman-post i { color:#c1b3c7; }.morhuman-post b { color:#bd9fc9;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.morhuman-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.morhuman-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;filter:contrast(80%); }.morhuman-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#bd9fc9;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#2b2b2b;font-size:45px; }.morhuman-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;padding-left:110px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#999999;height:75px; }.morhuman-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#bd9fc9;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.morhuman-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#272727!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 1:12:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin doesn't dignify with response. I thought I knew mine, once.

Rocket has warped those limits until they've become unrecognizable, until his pride is buried beneath the ashes of the man he used to be. Rocket has taught him that there is only survival, and how hard he is willing to fight for it.

presents excitement where Gavin is grim.

Imagine becoming a human experiment.

Chu-e doesn't have to imagine; now, neither does Gavin.

"Correct," says Gavin at last. "But a copy is a copy, however cheap."

Movement beyond the window denotes Lugia's return; the legend is drawn to the shift in its avatar's mood.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 1:49:49 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Unless you're willing to go find Zapdos and suck it off until it makes you Avatar, this is as good as you got!"

His voice dips as he continues, a more serious tone for this serious conversation.

"Think about it. Legendary pokemon are a limited resource. Most of Rocket won't ever be Avatars. They won't ever have that power. Maybe someday you will have that power and you won't need to rely on things like this. Until then, it's this or nothing at all. For those Rockets that will never have that? They have this to fill in the gaps."
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 10:32:54 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

"Cheap also means more likely to be defective. Let's say you start pumping grunts full of Avatar juice. What do you do if they lose their shit? Or end up with side-effects neither of you have considered?"

[break][break]

His thoughts swim with every way this could go wrong and bite them in the ass. Numerous in number, they pixelate the path ahead. Killian said he'd given everything to protect , and he meant it. But that didn't suddenly drop his IQ.

[break][break]

's response provokes a dry chuckle. "I'll pass on sucking bird dick, thank you." if Zapdos's pecker looked anything like the rest of him - that be a death sentence anyway.

[break][break]

He sighs as the conversation continues. There's some level of truth in what Chu-e is saying. Legendaries aren't exactly growing on trees. Nothing says they're all capable of bonding with someone like Darkrai has or Lugia has either.

[break][break]

"It's this or nothing at all." the former Beast says with rigid vocals.

[break][break]

Is it, though? Killian's face strains in thought.

[break][break]

A voice whispers into his ear. Haunting but seductive, it taunts him. "All that preaching, and you're backing down? What a pathetic and cowardly man you are. I guess Lex means nothing to you."

[break][break]

Killian's hands tremble as fear whelms up inside his chest. It only lasts for a second, hardly noticeable, but noticeable nonetheless. They stop once he's settled on a choice.

[break][break]

"Okay." he's firm in his decision. Not an ounce of hesitation persists in his voice. "I want in."

notes about this post

hyped

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 18:51:24 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"We put them down."

Gavin doesn't hesitate to respond. His tone is grim, but there is no trace of regret.

"This is a voluntary experiment." For you. "You know the risks."

Yet still, accepts. Gavin feels a pang of sympathy for him in that moment that doesn't show in his expression, his detachment. He sees the tremble in Killian's fingers and knows what it is to be afraid.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,578 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 7:28:12 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"The people who sign up for this will know the risks as they come." He pauses, briefly, allows and to speak for the moment. You couldn't make an omelette without breaking eggs. For his sake, Chu-e just hoped Killian wouldn't end up one of those eggs.

"I'll add you to my list of hopefuls. We're not quite ready to start the testing." On non-Avatars almost slips from his mouth but he carefully clamps that down.

There is another small pause, a brief nod to Gavin, and he steps for the door. His business is done here for now. Almost.

"Decker. As my new birdie in charge of Intel, you'll meet with me once a week for lessons vital to your new position. I'll send you more information on that soon." The way he says this brokers no argument.

Chu-e had many skills and only so much time to pass them on. He just hoped Killian had to stomach for them.

With that, he slid out of the room, closing the door behind him with a deafening click.
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 5:00:36 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

Put them down. Gavin says it so casually like they're talking about a rabid animal and not people.

[break][break]

"Guess I'll just have to not go crazy then."

[break][break]

Chu-e requests weekly meetings but doesn't give Killian any time to reply. Not that it sounded like he had any choice in the matter. After his demand, the underboss leaves about as quickly as he entered.

[break][break]

Alone with Gavin once more, Killian shifts his attention back to the blonde.

[break][break]

"Is there anything else you wanted from me?"

notes about this post

hyped

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,837 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 5:49:35 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
There is a pause, long enough to suggest that the answer might be yes.

There was still time to back out. They had power-hungry grunts by the dozens. It would not only be in danger, but as well — psychologically, if not physically, should anything happen to the man she loves.

But Gavin shakes his head. "Nothing else."
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 7:30:11 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
[nospaces]

It feels like there's more, but Killian doesn't press. "Okay." he stands, a hand sliding into his jacket pocket. "Then I'll be taking my leave. I'm sure Lex will be excited to hear about the promotion." if he even went home tonight.

[break][break]

With a nod, Killian turns and leaves. Anxious about his future and the path he's just agreed to walk.

[break][break]

notes about this post

hyped

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 3:04:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: