POSTED ON May 15, 2021 6:06:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

“Ok.”

Rewind.

Play.

Rewind.

Play.

Rewind.

She returned to a ragdoll body, stare empty. Her breath began to slow. She wasn’t sure quite what was going through her head, and her voice wouldn’t work. Her body shifted after being frozen for a long moment, testing the waters of the sheets. She focused on the coldest spot like ice in a glass. 

She needed a drink.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,266 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
conversation
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 6:55:09 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]after a while, his breath slows, stills to where it once was. where he needs it to be. he doesn't regard the other person in the room just yet. instead, he reaches into a nearby drawer, pulls out a pack of cigarettes, and lights one betwen his lips.

after a long drag and an exhale, he simmers, sighs, and extends one over to her.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,335 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
conversation
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 7:10:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

It wasn’t until the cigarette was lit, and she’d taken a long drag that she finally broke the silence.

“I joined Rocket last year, at the end of summer.” It’d been 263 days, to be exact. “I don’t know what it was like before.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,266 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
conversation
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 7:21:53 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]for once, he listens, and what she says resonates more than he expects it to. if he closes his eyes now, he can barely remember what life was like before. memories exist because he wills them to, but they're fading.

"i joined when i was sixteen. i don't remember when exactly, only that it was hot. but it was always hot on cinnabar."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
conversation
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 7:34:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She was taken aback. She hadn’t expected such openness. She turned her back on it. He could have never been a kid, anyways. 

“I meant Rocket. You said you were here to return us to where we were. I wouldn’t know.” Hit her cigarette, eyes lingering on the ceiling, willing what he’d just set away into some forgotten void.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,266 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
conversation
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 7:41:26 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]whatever was said is left to disappear. he nods, takes another drag, then stands to approach the fridge. a few moments pass and he returns with a glass of golden liquor and a bottle of water. he extends the latter to her, then sits by her.

"you said you could give me nightmares."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
conversation
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 8:03:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She took the water, eyeing the better drink in his hand but willing herself not to mention it. The drag on her cigarette was a little longer than the last. She craved a burn in her chest.

Oh, fuck, here we go again. Nightmares. It had not been 24 hours since The Great Medical Bay Debacle of '21. Why was this a thing?

“I can.”

She opened the water bottle and took a couple of glugs.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,266 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
conversation
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 8:09:43 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he takes a sip, then extends the glass over, noticing how she had eyed it earlier.

"can you see them? the nightmares."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
conversation
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 8:28:55 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She took it, her stomach knotting a moment at the smell, but the pain it brought her was welcomed. After a sip she handed it back.

Her forehead wrinkled into her nose. No one had asked her that. She thought of . It was the only time she’d ever seen someone else’s nightmares. Why was that? And why had she not thought about it until just now? Lulu was an overthinker, and this wasn’t normal.

She was lost in thought for a moment, taking another long drag.

“Sometimes.” She finally deduced with a sigh. “Most of the time it’s like… fragments of dreams. Just… random things. ‘Good dreams’ I guess.” Ones where she didn’t get shot at or die, at least. “I don’t feed on people's dreams often. Usually it’s my Snorunt or Cubchoo, so most of what I see is just… glimpses of their lives before they lived with me… wandering, finding food... that sort of thing.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,266 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
conversation
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 8:33:28 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"if you wanted to see what rocket was like,"

he takes the glass back, peers down and sees his hands trembling slightly. he takes another sip in an attempt to still them.

"look into mine."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
conversation
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 8:45:40 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

Lulu was seeing the soft part of someone who was supposed to be a monolith and she never took that well. It made her even more uncomfortable.

“I don’t really want to see.” She told him. “I was just saying I wasn’t here for it.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,266 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
conversation
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 8:55:32 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"that's fine."

he exhales, looks away, and after a few moments, his hands finally still.

"you'll see it eventually."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
conversation
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 9:19:52 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

She considered his statement, and while it should have scared her, it didn’t. Rocket was home now. That felt… like absolutely nothing. She was numb.

“Yeah. Figure I will.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,266 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
conversation
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 16:33:51 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he stands, approaches the fridge, and pours more liquor into his glass. this time, he makes sure to pour one for her as well. he walks back, extends one over.

"you can stay if you want."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,335 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
conversation
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 23:39:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

He stood, and with his back turned, she finally looked at his body for the first time. Noticed scars. The ‘real’ ones. The ones which made sense.

When he returned, she took the glass and downed its contents, unaffected by the sting. She then looked up at him for one last long moment. As many words as she had for Theo, she had not yet figured them out. If they ever came to her at all, it would likely not be for a very long time. “No. That’s alright. Have a good night, Beckett.”

With that, she disappeared into shadow, leaving her clothes behind. She didn’t want them. She didn’t want them in her home.

In her office, she reappeared, naked, and withdrew Djall to his pokeball, pulling another from her desk and releasing her Gardevoir to TELEPORT her to her penthouse in Mossdeep. It would be empty. was somewhere else that night, perhaps with another lover, or home, if she had one. Lulu didn’t know where Sabine went when she wasn’t around. It was instilled in her not to ask about the lives of others.

After a long shower, alone, she cried, in a bed as cold as the marble floor. Darkness pooled around her.