POSTED ON Dec 20, 2018 17:18:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
here we go, space nerd alert!

He was looking for something to read. Specifically, a lot of somethings. At least ones that involved outer space, and stars, and comets, and maybe possibly some legendary Pokémon connected to the phenomenon surrounding the universe.

Well, he heard of rumors about something called ‘Deoxys’ as well as ‘Rayquaza’ in local Hoennian legend… about how they flew up high in the stratosphere, possibly higher.

He also wanted to fill up his bookshelves back in Fortree, so he was out here at the Mossdeep Space Center on a visit. Well, mostly a visit, partly a shopping trip—it depended if he could be able to buy some of the material he needed to fill out the shelves he wanted to stock up on.

Of course, though, it couldn’t stop him acting a bit like a little kid the moment he’d made his way inside the Space Center, eyes immediately going toward the displays of space-themed magazines. But he was here for the books! Where the hell were the books, anyway? It didn’t look like there were any… at least, not out on public display. Would he be able to find what he was looking for?

Sighing, he then picked up one of the magazines clumsily with his left hand and began to leaf through it, wondering if there was anything new within the pages.

[newclass=".alex"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
stars on high [lucas]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2018 0:28:55 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Luke stamps his feet down on the mat by the automatic doors, slush falling from his boots. Eyes lazily look around the room. A slight sense of disappointment washes over him as much of the store is filled with junk souvenirs. Second thoughts about coming to the Space Center passed through his head. With a sigh he decides to stay however, and check out what little they had as he'd already made the trip there.

With a final shuffle of his boots the scientist made his way to the magazine section. Only one other person was there to little surprise, the other customers all browsing the other knick-knacks the store had to offer. Luke began to browse the magazines, quickly skipping over much of the collection. Finding terms on the covers that were all too confusing for someone uneducated in space and its affairs. One beginner friendly magazine stood out, titled "Life Beyond Earth" with a Lunatone and and Solrock on the cover. Walking over to the right of the stranger he reached out, grabbing the magazine and opening it midway through. Those two pages were dedicated to a women's lingerie store, and perfectly in view for anyone that walked by. He sharply inhales.

This. Was. Not. Space.
is this what space nerds like??

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
stars on high [lucas]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2018 17:15:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
:eyes:

Alexei was looking through some of the other magazines when he saw a hand appear on the right-hand side of his peripheral vision—and therefore he was curious. He then followed the direction of the arm idly, and saw that he wasn’t alone anymore.

However…

The pages of the magazine that he saw were… oh, unholy Arceus.

Why on earth did the magazine the other was looking at had a two-page spread of what appeared to be… “What the hell,” he said softly enough for the other to hear, his ears suddenly burning out of sheer embarrassment. It wasn’t until he himself realized that he’d said those words out loud instead of just in his head did he blink and remember where he was.

“Oh, shit,” was all he could blurt out a few moments later, looking over at the other male, very embarrassed for the other. “I… I’d already read through that magazine and, well… I wasn’t expecting to see that ad there either,” he added a few moments later, willing his ears to stop burning red and ruffling his hair with his free left hand.

“I was looking for books myself, but… they only have tourist magazines available over here… I was thinking of asking the staff here where the rest of the books are hidden…” he muttered, quickly placing the magazine he was browsing back on the rack.

“This is elementary-level stuff, the contents of what they have… I’m looking for the high-level information…”

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
stars on high [lucas]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2018 7:04:31 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas' eyes are wide open as he hears a voice beside him. He's like a deerling in the headlights. Face flush as he closes the magazine shut between both hands. "Uh huh, me neither." Gingerly he places the magazine back in the rack, his face still crimson. Both hands rest on the plastic border ends of the rack holding the magazines upright.

"It's a, it's worth a try" Lucas says to the blonde. His head turning towards him with the latter half of the sentence. That was one way to solve the conundrum that was the lack of options for quality reading. "What kind of high end stuff you looking for?" He poses a question for the gym leader. Hoping to glean information. He sounded like he knew a thing or two. "Like uh asteroids or stars?" He expands on his earlier inquiry in an attempt to move past the poor ad placement that plagued him. Tossing out some of the few "space terms" he knows. If they could even be called that.

Lucas pulls away from the rack, hands falling to his side as he awaits the stranger's response. He hoped that whatever he'd say wouldn't completely fly over his head.

get better reading material gilbert smh

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
stars on high [lucas]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2018 15:09:55 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes

“Actually… was looking for stuff related to white holes, exploration… maybe even dabble a bit in string theory and ancient constellations?” he began, musing as he quickly scoured his mind for the topics he wanted to brush up on.

While he’d been travelling around Unova before arriving in Hoenn, he’d unofficially made his ‘home’ in some of Castelia’s public libraries and would always be found wandering around the science section… he had yet to fill up his bookshelf with actual, solid content he could pore over while he wasn’t busy either searching for avians to take back to the sanctuary or entertaining challenges at the gym.

“If there was anything about the creation of the universe, or meteoroids’ travel path throughout the skies, or anything related to other galaxies that exist outside of our own… oh, I don’t know… maybe even something related to Ultra Space? Because I heard rumors about it…” he added a few moments later, before finally turning to face his companion.

“Space exploration also comes to mind,” he added quietly, looking through the area. “I mean, we’re here in the lone region that’s actually capable of sending people into outer space… and then there’re the rumors of something flying around in a meteoroid to comprehend with… two of the so-called Legendaries native to here live in the skies high above… one of them even exists up there in outer space.

It was at this point he remembered himself.

“Oh, sorry. I rambled… it’s hard finding someone who knows even a little bit about outer space,” he went on as he properly introduced himself.

“Alexei, living in Fortree but originally not from Hoenn.”

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
stars on high [lucas]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2018 0:09:24 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas' face had a blank expression as fortree's gym leader rambled on. He knew nothing of what the man was talking about. Nothing in the slightest. The blonde's talking had no end in sight to Lucas. A thought crossed his mind. Was this how people felt when he talked about history? He certainly hoped not.

A wave of relief washes over Lucas as he realizes the stranger's rant is nearing its end. They mention their relief at finding someone that knew about outer space, how wrong they were.

"Nice to meet you Alexei, names Lucas." He replies, leaving out his origins unlike Alexei. That was a kind of introduction he expects from a neighbor, not a stranger in a store. It was not something he felt like reciprocating. "I'm going to be honest with you, all of what you just said" and he meant all of it "went completely over my head. Came looking to learn a bit though." He glances at the magazine he'd put away. "But didn't quite find what I was expecting, you know?" His gaze falls back on the blonde. "If you have recommendations for stuff to read I'm all for."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
stars on high [lucas]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 15:51:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes

Here’s the thing: the moment someone gets Alexei started on talks regarding outer space and anything under its umbrella term?

It’d take a long, hard moment for him to actually realize he’s rambling and needs to stop.

Anywho, now that the other had introduced himself, he then backtracked and looked at the magazine he was reading before sighing. “I hate it when they only have basic-level stuff out here. I was looking for in-depth research material. I know the story surrounding the three massive Legendaries that call this region home… but it’s Rayquaza I want to read up on about. Said he’s flying up way high above our heads…”

Looking up to the ceiling, he sighed.

“Well, how much do you want to know? There’s like a lot of material available, it’s just that I was hoping to find them readily available here, as most of what I’ve read is back in some of Castelia’s libraries back home in Unova,” he said with another sigh.

“I can’t believe I’m poking around in the dirt for more newly-released material for space explorations and rocket science. I thought they’d have it readily accessible here but what do we get? Tourist-trap junk! he added a few moments later.

He was clearly bummed about it to all hell, that’s for sure.

“Is there anyone we can ask? Seems like the place is understaffed…”

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
stars on high [lucas]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2019 18:32:50 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Eyes widen for a slight moment as Alexei mentions the region's native legendary pokemon. He too was interested in the trio. Reaching towards his phone to show the man a related picture he'd stop. Deciding not to show the findings to the stranger. Lucas' eagerness to share them almost got the better of him.

"Well, now that you mention it I might follow suit. Read a bit about Raquaza as well. I'm very interested when it comes to history." That was a severe understatement on his part. "Now this may sound silly, and ignore it if it is, but have you read about some space virus? Back when I was a student I heard this rumor, and was wondering if it had any substance, any truth to it." He was referring to the virus that supposedly came to create the DNA pokemon Deoxys.

"Oh I hear you" he says with disdain, sympathizing with the fanatic. "They're just here to make a quick buck." Lucas' head turns to look around as Alexei points out the lack of workers. "We could check the front, if you want. Don't know how much help they'll be, though."

woops this took a while

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
stars on high [lucas]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 16:25:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
boi you just had to mention the other legendary

Space virus?

His ears twitched at the mention of the so-called ‘space virus’ that Lucas had mentioned. While he’d also heard stories about it back in Unova, they were more proliferant in Hoenn—at least, among the older generation.

“I’ve heard stories from the older generation I’ve encountered around Fortree… like they were afraid of the sky falling down on them when they witnessed a meteor shower when they were young,” he began, a bit of a grin appearing on his face.

“They did a righteous freak out when they explained to me what was basically a meteor shower—and that one of the larger so-called ‘space rocks’ had fallen somewhere in this region,” he continued, straining his mind to remember the rest of the story that had been told to him.

“Rumor has it something ‘emerged’ from the rock, but that’s it. Pretty sure that the location they mentioned wasn’t around where Mossdeep is today, like… somewhere further south. But how far south is this south they mentioned?” he mused, tilting his head to one side.

“Then again, they’re just elder’s stories. But it mentioned something appearing from one of the rocks, so… it may or may not be the ‘virus’ you’ve heard about?” he continued, looking around again and just sighing at the distinct lack of personnel milling around the area.

“Sometimes, we have to look for what we need ourselves…” he muttered a few moments later.

“But yeah, that’s a pretty good idea.”

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
stars on high [lucas]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2019 18:20:36 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas listens intently to Alexei, careful to not miss even a single word. He wasn't one to put his faith in the rumors that spread among students, but thought it fascinating if it was real. "Further south?" Lucas repeats Alexei's words, thinking of what that might mean. Sootopolis city came to his mind as he thought about potential landing sites. He vaguely knew about the city's origins, that a meteor was the source of it. "Maybe? No, can't be." The scientist says his thoughts aloud, but they're barely audible. Little more than a whisper. He thought the meteor landed there, but quickly rescinded the idea. It would have broken headlines if it had.

"Appearing?" He echoes the words, expecting no answer. Thoughts began to form at the back of his mind of what that might mean.

"Alright, well I think the front desk is this way." Leading the way through the store aisle Lucas finds himself at the front counter. There still wasn't an employee in sight. A bell sat on the counter, a "ring for assistance" paper taped down next to it. Lucas exhales deeply in frustration, before ringing the bell three consecutive times. He was beginning to get fed up with the service at the store. "Can't believe this, honestly. You'd think they could afford to have a few employees at least." Pausing the scientist sighs. "You said you read some stories already about Rayquaza. Was it all about the clashing of it with the other two or?" Leaning against the counter Lucas hopes to at least learn something instead of waiting in silence for an employee.

so much for space stuff whoops

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
stars on high [lucas]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 15:53:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
*snrk*

“If you want, I can invite you over to Fortree and talk with the elders there,” he offered. “They’re the ones who told me the stories about that ‘something’ coming out of the rock…” he trailed off, a hint of a grin flashing across his face as he followed Lucas to the front.

Watching the other pondering the bell that said ‘ring for assistance’, the grin on his face grew wider as the other rang the little bell three times… and still nothing!

“What the hell, I’ll have to agree with you, y’know? Where’s the staff at? Are they seriously leaving this place unguarded… he continued a few moments later, resisting the urge to ring the bell—and failing that five seconds later as he took to the bell and rang it three times as well.

Would anyone even hear the damned thing ringing out front? Some of the other tourists looked their way, before one of the younger kids let out a snickering laugh at the succession of the two older men ringing the bells. The boy’s mother shushed her son and led him away; meanwhile back with the two men…

…still nothing!

“Seriously?” he said presently, turning to look over at Lucas.

“Do you know who runs this place? Y’think we can leave a complaint or something?”

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
stars on high [lucas]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 17:24:04 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"I'd appreciate that. I'm sure they've acquired a fair amount of knowledge throughout their years." Lucas looked towards Alexei with his final words. He flashed an appreciative smile.

"Yeah, yeah I can't believe it either. It's enormously careless on their part. Leaves them susceptible to robberies and us, the customers, without anyone to attend us. Can't imagine they bring in much with this kind of service."

Each time Alexei rang the bell Lucas rubbed his brow.

"I'd go with someone careless. Anyone with half a brain would know how to run a shop like this. At this point, I'm wondering if it's even worth staying. Who knows when an employee will return. Five minutes, fifteen, thirty? I can tell you this, I cannot endure this kind of service much longer."

The head scientist released an exaggerated sigh.

「notes」

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
stars on high [lucas]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2019 16:49:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
*snrk*

“Is there like, a complaint box around here somewhere? I’d definitely leave something for them to read… unless they actually don’t have one?” he said with a bit of a sigh, wondering where the hell the staff member was.

Much tempted as he was to ding the damned bell a few more times, he was about to give up—when he thought he heard the sound of someone apologizing in their general direction.

“Well, what do you know… about time someone showed up,” he muttered in Lucas’ direction, softly enough so only the other man could hear what he had to say.

At the sight of the Gym Leader and the Head Scientist, the staffer knew that he was going to be in so much damned trouble…

“Oh dear gods I am so sorry for not coming out sooner!” he began to apologize, suddenly taking a bow in front of the two men. “Normally we don’t expect to see one, much less two high-ranking League members here! What… what would you want for your visit today?” the receptionist rambled, not realizing that Alexei was squinting at him at this point.

“For starters… some reasonable reading material would be nice. Nothing of these… tourist-level junk, he added in a knowing voice a few moments later, shooting a glance at Lucas that said ‘back me up here!’

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
stars on high [lucas]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 3:17:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: