plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
call me fighter (i'll mop the floor with you) [gym]
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 5:55:11 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]

Plank's arrival to the gym is announced to anyone within several feet of her by the cacophony it brings. Chains jingle against each other, her clunky boots thump thump against the ground, and if all of that wasn't enough she loudly whistles -- a sign of appreciation for the aesthetic of the place.

She's all smiles as she climbs the short set of stairs to the center ring. Plank feels good. This disguise is fun and she's never been so confident walking into a job. Plank can't believe she's going to get paid for doing this kiddy bullshit.

Wait, no, not Plank. She's not Plank today, she has to remind herself. Or Peggie Vela. She's Bonnie. Bonnie Taylor.

"Hey, we gonna do this or what!?" she calls across the ring as she picks a corner to call home. She's bouncing, "I'm your five o'clock."

[newclass=.sunshine]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sunshine b]color: #f9993d[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 5:35:38 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah bobs pokeballs in his hands as if measuring skill in pounds. the clamor his challenger brings cuts into the calm of his calculations, and as noah finalizes his choices with firm squeezes of his palms, he is quick to greet her. the punctuality is appreciated. the attitude? abrasive, but one should not always give in to first impression.

"hey! bonnie, right?" noah skids to a stop with his gloved hand reaching for a shake. a sneaker bounces across the floor like skipping stones as he stretches the other leg out to balance himself. "welcome to verdanturf gym!"

eyes trace chain and boot before he peers at the caged ring behind him.

"know what ya gotta do?" noah says. "as long as you show me you got what it takes in close quarters combat, you'll earn the knockout badge." he grins, arms folding across his chest like chain links. "but it's not gonna be easy."
[attr="class","pkspr"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon machamp"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon primeape"]

notes: POG

close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 5:45:39 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]Plank's first impression of the gym leader isn't great, but then again she didn't expect it to be. He's peppy and a bit clumsy (if the way he comes to a less-than-graceful stop before her is any sign). The exact kind of person she expects to be battling kids for a living.

"Yeah, that's me. Thanks." she replies simply. The man's extended hand isn't ignored, but it's not accepted right away. Plank stands and looks at it for a second. The smirk on her face widens as she decides why the hell not and slaps her hand into shake position. She follows his gaze as they shake hands, and starts an easy saunter to the ring the moment their hands separate.

"Not gonna be easy," Plank echoes under her breath mockingly, quiet laughter trailing after the words.

"Well let's get to it then!" she says a second later, this time at a conversational volume meant for her opponent, before taking a couple bounding steps up into the ring and making her way to a corner.

Without asking if this is the part where she releases her pokemon, Plank goes right for it. Baby and Swabbie burst onto the scene in flashes of white light. Internally she reminds herself to refer to them impersonally, Sharpedo and Pelipper respectively.

The clouds behind Swabbie's DRIZZLE start to lazily form above them.

[newclass=.sunshine]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 3:44:19 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "i like your enthusiasm!" noah shouts, waving a parting hand as he runs to his side of the arena.

he summons his pokemon into the deluge. as the canvas is pelted with precipitation, noah's machamp's looming figure is traced by the isolated rains. his primeape is made wet too— but its fur sops up the weather.

"we're going right in!" noah pumps his fist: the looming shape of his badge. "bullet punch the pelipper! and cover with thunderbolt!"

his machamp lunges forth, footfalls heavy and splashing as it rushes for the seabird. arms rise like a spread fan, and as their hands forge themselves into fists, testing punches become a flurry as the machamp nears the pelipper.

in the meantime, the primeape follows close behind. with an angry huff, its bristly fur hardens as a THUNDERBOLT arcs from its head— and aims for the bird as well, coursing through the rains with a sudden burst of white light.

[attr="class","pkspr"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon machamp"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon primeape"]

notes: bullet punch + thunderbolt -> pelipper

close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 21:07:47 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]The storm summoned by Swabbie's DRIZZLE is finally in full effect when the battle begins. The ring's springy floor sounds almost drum-like as it bounces rain drops off its thick surface. The noise is, however, quickly lost under the sounds of battle.

"Hunker down!" Plank shouts as the Machamp takes great, bounding steps towards Swabbie and the Primeape loudly sparks across the ring.

The Pelipper pulls his wings in close to his body and summons a shimmering, emerald field that puts a stop to the BULLET PUNCH and THUNDERBOLT both. The many fists of the Machamp run up against a wall like steel and lightning breaks and scatters against its surface.

"They're ignorin' ya, Sharpedo!" she continues, "Show 'em we don't put up with any monkey business!"

Baby gives a short snarl before rushing to meet the Primeape, where its fur still stands on end with residual static. As she surges forward the rain water and more, spontaneously generated surf swirl around her body. She rears back right before meeting with her opponent, only to crash down like a WATERFALL on river rocks.

Her muscles tense and flex, SPEED BOOST ensuring that if she doesn't connect this time it'll be harder to dodge the next strike.

pelipper's ability drizzle activated!
it started to rain! (1/5)
pelipper used protect!
sharpedo used waterfall on primeape!
it was empowered by the rain!
sharpedo's ability speed boost activated!
sharpedo's speed increased! (+1)

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 22:49:23 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 lichtenberg figures scatter across the protective screen. despite the defense, the machamp's fists strike with unbridled ferocity; the air around each strike is buffeted with force.

"copy it!" noah's voice courses through the rainfall.

as his primeape barely manages to evade the sharpedo's WATERFALL, its feet skid across the floor. a ROLEPLAY allows the monkey to adopt a SPEED BOOST too as it attempts to circle back to its partner.

in the meantime, his machamp's fists slide off the verdant field. its shimmer begins to fade and as the behemoth's beak firms up, it claps all four hands on the pelipper: ENCORE.

although the primeape finds its speed hastened— it knows the sharpedo is faster.

"are you gonna help me dry up the place after?" noah laughs.

notes: encore on the pelipper by machamp / dodges sharpedo's waterfall barely - uses roleplay on it to gain speed boost ability as well!

close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 23:06:27 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]Baby snarls when her attack fails to get her anything more than a whiff of the Primeape's wet fur; but she's far from deterred. She spins around and is hot on its heels without pausing for a second.

"It can't run forever! Bear down!" Plank shouts and the Sharpedo opens wide. The air shimmers around her mouth with something ethereal before hardening into slivers of hard, pink light. The PSYCHIC FANG creates a second row of teeth with which Baby can attempt to chomp down on her slippery opponent.

As she bites down her whole body seems to flex. Adrenaline mixes with SPEED BOOST to keep her energized.

Meanwhile Swabbie faces an unforeseen problem. When he tries to unwrap his wings they don't budge. He flutters to the ground, still cloaked in a flickering green light. PROTECT refuses to abate and struggles to maintain itself all at once. The Pelipper is stuck.

"I'll battle 'n' clean all at once when I mop the floor with your team!" Plank calls back to the gym leader, chewing at the inside of her cheek as she tries to plan her next move.

it continued to rain! (2/5)
pelipper was hit by encore
pelipper used protect! (1/3)
sharpedo used psychic fang on primeape!
sharpedo's speed increased! (+2)

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 3:59:15 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "i hope that's a promise!" noah laughs, arms crossed tight. "THUNDERBOLT, Wu!"

as the primeape finds itself losing the race, PSYCHIC FANGS collide with its furry body. it topples onto the canvas as a dirty, soggy sock— but as the sharpedo nears, it flexes all of its muscles too.

like a plasma orb's bolts breaking free of their glass globe, a firework of electricity rushes toward the SHARPEDO in midst the rain.

Q7W9Cefv (1-10 = paralysis if hit lands)

while the pelipper stutters with green lights, noah's machamp rushes to the primeape. the large behemoth skids across the wet floor. using the momentum from the slippery surface, a DYNAMIC PUNCH arcs toward the shark's head.

the primeape huffs shakily. eyelids flutter like butterfly wings dancing across a liminal line of consciousness.

notes: primeape hit by psychic fangs / thunderbolts sharpedo / machamp tries to dynamic punch sharpedo

close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 3:28:43 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]"Don't back down!" Plank shouts as the Primeape sparks and its fur stands on end. Baby rushes forward, gritting her teeth while heeding her trainer's command. The THUNDERBOLT hits her directly. It hurts, and badly, but she was ready for it and hardly misses a beat clearing the space her opponent had literally stumbled into.

Her body rears up before crashing down again, another WATERFALL made more impressive by the rainwater that swirls about the Sharpedo's body. Hit or miss she rushes by the Primeape, allowing her momentum to carry her past it. Paired with her SPEED BOOST it's enough to just avoid the DYNAMIC PUNCH from the approaching Machamp.

"Circle around!" Plank shouts, "Towards me!"

If Swabbie is going to keep using PROTECT they might as well make some use of him.

it continued to rain! (3/5)
sharpedo was hit by thunderbolt!
it was super effective!
sharpedo used waterfall on primeape!
sharpedo dodged dynamic punch!
pelipper used protect! (2/3)
sharpedo's speed increased! (+3)

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 23:29:02 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the soaked ape, despite its drenched weight, manages to beach itself away from the WATERFALL. the SPEED BOOST comes in handy— but is clear, like a barge missing its hull, that the primeape is moments away from sinking.

as the sharpedo swerves toward the pelipper, noah speaks electric: "alright! alright! smart! smart! it's trainers like you that give me hope for the league!"

the rain falls in long spears. cast by some invisible god, they splinter across the mat as noah's primeape expends a final flame.

bursting across the maelstrom with increased speed, the furry warrior attempts to CLOSE COMBAT the protecting Pelipper into the fencing—hoping to catch the turning Sharpedo in the process to pin both.

his machamp follows too, leaping high when close with arms outstretched.

notes: primeape rly weak - evades and tries to pin pelipper + sharpedo against fence / machamp follows and jumps!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 9:11:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: