asphyxia (ff)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
asphyxia (ff)
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2019 16:19:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

As Abner walked close to Oldale Town, he furrowed his brows and looked up and off toward the smoke he could see. That was definitely route 103, and it was definitely... on fire?

Upon closer inspection, which was Abner hiking his way over as quickly as he could be bothered to move, he could see that the temple was definitely on fire and that people and Pokémon alike were still within the structure. With a furrowed brow, Abner thought through his options... there was really only one; go in, get the people out. Why? It wasn't his problem after all. But there was something about the heroics that made him think it'd be a pretty decent cover, right?

Once that was decided, Abner moved closer to the temple to get information from the situation. Seemed some hooligans, probably rookie grunts, had set the temple aflame for a currently unknown reason and now they were cleaning up the unknown mess. The fire had spread so quickly, it made Abner wonder if it was just a loose fire pokémon that couldn't control its abilities just yet. Like a Magby or something.

Either way, Abner doused himself in some water, threw his jacket over himself, and started into the fire.

mission details

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
asphyxia (ff)
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2019 17:16:28 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

A group of stupid teenagers playing with fireworks resulted in a temple going up in smoke. As they attempted to run away upon seeing what they had caused, Thomas, who was nearby at the time, would intercept them. Thomas would quickly detain the group, first binding them with cable ties, then having his Galvantula bind them to trees with its webbing, far enough away from the fire so that they wouldn't be caught in it, but with the aim that they wouldn't be escaping anytime soon. With the group detained, Thomas would put in calls to emergency services.

Those stupid little shits were going to pay for this, but that would have to wait.

What was more important than punishing idiotic teenagers for their reckless use of fireworks was getting the inhabitants of the temple, and whatever items of value could be salvaged, out of the temple in one piece. So before entering the temple to help evacuate the priests and priestesses, Thomas had Colt, his Clawitzer, fire off a small, weak Water Pulse near him, allowing the explosion of water to douse him. He would then pull a cloth mask over his nose and mouth, to provide himself some sort of filter from the smoke that would no doubt be flooding the temple.

Colt would fire off another Water Pulse at the closest entrance, to suppress the flames enough for Thomas to get a clearer entry into the temple. Once this was done, Thomas would recall Colt to his Pokeball, and rush into the temple as quickly as he could. He could not wait for fire fighters to get there, given how fast the flames were spreading. Even if he couldn't do much to save the relics, he'd be damn sure he'd save the people inside.

tags:
notes: Time to save lives, fuck yer!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
asphyxia (ff)
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 14:39:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The sound and heat coming from the fire was enough to make anybody uncomfortable, stressed, and anxious. But Abner simply felt hot, sweaty, and a little irritated. He needed to silence this flame somehow...

An idea came to him. If he used his Gabite to create a sandstorm within the building after everybody was out, then it would silence the flames and the storm could be settled with a simple command. Did it seem like a solid enough plan to Abner? Yes. So he decided, why the hell not go with it? Until he heard somebody else in the temple as well, getting people out.

"I've got the east section cleared! What've you cleared out so far?? Once we get everyone out, I'm gonna sandstorm the place, get the flames down!"

Abner couldn't even see the other's face, not with the flames and shadows being cast. Not to mention the smoke and heat raising and distorting everything. It was a miracle he could yell louder than the roaring flames.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
asphyxia (ff)
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2019 5:17:37 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Upon entering the temple, Thomas would instinctively shield his face as he went through the fire. The sound of the crackling fire would flood his ears, sweat would roll down his face from the heat. But Thomas refused to lose focus, continuing to make his way through the temple, until the sounds of screaming would alert him to where a group of priests and priestesses were trapped. Thomas saw the pile of debris blocking off the doorway. In response, Thomas would send out Colt to blast the flaming debris with Water Pulse. Along with Colt, Brutus the Pangoro would also be sent out.

"Colt, do your thing. Brutus, clear the way once he's blasted it.", Thomas told the two of them.

The Clawitzer would fire off an intense Water Pulse at the flaming debris blocking off the doorway, followed up by Brutus ripping away the beam with terrifying ease, giving the group a route to escape. Thomas would usher them out towards the exit, with Colt taking it upon himself to fire another volley of Water Pulses down the way in an attempt to suppress the flames.

"The High Priest is trapped up ahead! Please, save him!", a priestess told him, before following the others out of the temple.

Before Thomas could proceed, a voice called out to him. Though he couldn't make out his features, he could tell he had a good few inches on him in height. "Just gotta get the High Priest out! You wanna help me get him loose, or wanna set up for the sandstorm?", he'd ask the man quickly.

Whatever answer he got, Thomas and Brutus would move deeper into the temple, where the priests and priestesses were trapped before Thomas got them out. He would see an older man trapped below some rubble, that while it wasn't flaming yet, the smoke was clearly taking its toll on him. Brutus quickly ripped out the rubble trapping him underneath.

"We're gonna get you out!", Thomas told the High Priest, as Brutus would pick him up, carrying him in a bridal carry as Thomas lead the way through the exit.

tags:
notes: Evacuating trapped priests and priestesses