1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
candy hearts [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 19:04:59 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
marcel still doesn't know if he should be offended by such a menial task, or grateful for one that's such a sure-fire success. when one wrong step is something he's always trying to avoid, an easy job is a blessed job, but baking?

whatever. it wasn't his job to question orders.

he walks in clutching a number of plastic bags filled with eggs, sugar, and whatever ingredients they could possibly wish for. it dawns on him that they should have probably decided on a menu first, but it can't be too difficult to work with what they've got.

"heard you can sing," marcel punctuates his sentence with the drop of his bags on the table, "but how's your baking?"

his wife had liked baking. him, not so much. he knew his way around a dessert, at least.

tag:
notes: n/a
[googlefont=Inconsolata]
close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
to be a flower you need rainy days.
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
candy hearts [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 20:16:41 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","threadtext"]

[attr="class","letter1"]s
he stared. "this isn't exactly something i'd consider to be hard, but..." she blushed, her hues shifting to the side. "this isn't exactly something i have experience in." she had people to do this for her. cooking was something foreign to her. what were they to even bake to begin with? an apron around her. she stood with a look that lacked confidence but shown one of embarrassment.

[break][break]

"a-as long as we follow the cookbook, this should be simple. it's no different from an infiltration or pokemon battling, right? we just have to treat this like a pokemon contest!" a tightened fist showed her resolve. she was going to conquer this difficult task one way or another. "but, if i may ask, what exactly are we baking?"

[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: let's begin the hunt for success!

[attr="class","miricredit"]window blues

[Googlefont=Playfair+Display:400,400italic,700,700italic,900]
[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
candy hearts [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 21:21:06 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
her shy determination is endearing. she's young, he remembers. it's easy to forget in team rocket, where the heart cannot help but toughen and age furiously quick. lia would have liked her.

her question soon pulls him from his thoughts, and he begins to rummage through the bags.
"hm, how about," he pulls out ingredients one by one, placing them on the countertop, "strawberry shortcake, and..." he pulls out several bars of chocolate. right, maybe he'd bought a bit too much. "something else with this chocolate?"

they couldn't stop at one dessert, after all. seemed like their superiors were expecting a lot. still (he looks from the bags, to songbird, and back again), maybe that was their mistake.

tag:
[googlefont=Inconsolata]

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
candy hearts [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 21:54:56 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

ongbird wasn't sure as to what the first step was. but, if she recalled, it involved preheating the oven and cutting some strawberries. "okay, so, we need to preheat the oven first i believe to 450 degrees; then..." looking for the strawberries only to see them by marcel, she'd point, "...we chop these delectable fruits up and next..."

[break][break]

that's it. she was at a lost. "let's check the cookbook! i'll get to chopping!" her mouth was secretly watering with the desire to eat some cake. especially if it's strawberry shortcake. she could nearly devour a whole cake herself. "it's been awhile since i had the chance to eat sweets. my mouth is secretly craving to devour the finished product." hopefully it came out right. knife in hand, she began to work.

[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: let's begin the hunt for success!

[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
candy hearts [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 23:48:20 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
marcel moves to the oven, adjusting the dials as he listens to her instructions. "sounds about right." he glances in the direction of the cookbook, before grabbing it from the surface it rests on. flicking through it until he gets to the right page, he skims the listed steps.

"guess i better measure out all these ingredients."

it takes a few moments for him to find the scales, the clutter's already starting to settle, and marcel can't help but think he's going to regret ignoring the fact as he sieves the flour into a bowl.

marcel laughs. "thought you kids ate sweet things like it's nobody's business." she's not that young, admittedly, but he can't help but feel old. the weariness that often plagued him didn't do any good, either, but fortunately today seems to be a good day. or maybe it was the baking.

"what's your favourite?" he can't help but blurt out as he's pouring the baking powder and salt in with the flour. always an investigator, always asking question.

tag:
[googlefont=Inconsolata]

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
candy hearts [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 22:38:13 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

he was now bashful. her cheeks brightened with a colorful tint of red, "w-well, you see, i...have a figure to watch is all!" how embarrassing, in front of a man at that. secretly she wanted to runaway now. "my favorite dessert? that'd have to be..." she thought about it for a moment, thinking as to what exactly was her favorite dessert. "i'd have to with oran berry pie!" they were very delicious, like a sweeter version of blueberry.

[break][break]

"what about you?" songbird asked, examining the cookbook once more. she was nearly done finished with dicing the strawberries. "once we're done, we'll just need to grab a medium bowl and combine the flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons of white sugar and salt." she continued to read, "make a well in the center and add the beaten egg and milk. stir until everything is combined." she wasn't sure if the instructions were accurate, but that's only because she never made a strawberry shortcake before. so maybe they were doing it right? who knows! "how confusing..." she commented.
[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: i'm just winging it.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
candy hearts [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2019 20:33:56 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
his answer's quick, the answer comes easy to him. "you can't beat a opéra gâteau." his mother's favourite, a cake from her homeland. it'd been all the rage in kalos.

he's gotten all the dry ingredients in a second bowl, and is pouring them in as she speaks.
"already on it." the eggs are broken into another, gently beaten before they're added in with the rest.

"it's not too hard once you get the hang of it," he says as he mixes. admittedly, his baking experience wasn't exactly profound--more his wife ordering him around the kitchen.

grabbing a cake tin, he begins to pour in the batter. "open the oven, will you? this is gonna be ready to go in in a bit."

tag:
notes: ...
[googlefont=Inconsolata]
close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
candy hearts [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2019 20:50:42 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]a
mazing! he was such a pro at the job. she was quite astonished by his speedy movement. is this how useful men are during marriage? how simple. easy. it made her blush at the thought of marriage, quickly turning around to cower in fear. "how embarrassing!" she said to herself.

[break][break]

turning around, she'd quickly go to open the oven for him. "o-of course, here you go!" once that was done, she'd turn directly toward the male, wiping a bit of dreariness from her forehead. "phew, baking isn't for me that's for sure." a girl like herself was raised for those to do things for her, so cooking wasn't really second nature to her. "i didn't have much of a mother growing up, so there wasn't anyone to really teach me how to cook in all honesty; just how to get the help to do it." songbird chuckled, making idle conversation.

[break][break]

"i suppose we should get to cleaning, yes?" she asked. "also," before she went to gather the dish rags, she'd say, "i'd love to try that dessert sometime if it's not too much, mister maeda." she offered a smile to her partner, "and i love to meet your wife as well; she sounds like a lovely woman." how did she know he was married when he never spoke of his wife? observation. there's no way a man of his appearance could cook that well without some help after all.
[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: one more post!

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
candy hearts [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2019 21:55:01 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
too lazy for oven gloves, marcel grabs a nearby tea towel and holds the tin with that as he slides it into the oven. "it's never too late to learn," he replies, "if you ever want to learn a thing or two, feel free to call."

she seemed like the type who was used to living comfortably, now he paid more attention. marcel can't help but vaugely wonder how she'd ended up where she was--namely, with team rocket.

her words are met with a hum of agreement, and marcel makes a mental note to buy an extra slice of cake next time he goes to the bakery, but her next sentence stops him in his tracks. had he--? no, of course he hadn't. he might have guessed she'd heard it elsewhere, but hardly anyone knew there should have been a ring on his finger. well, he supposed that wasn't so much the case anymore. he's stunned, simply because the words that left her mouth are the last he'd ever expected her to say.

he's suddenly aware that he should be responding, not standing as if he'd seem a ghost. "she'd love to meet you too," he finally says: a half-truth. she would have loved to meet songbird, and he's sure they would have gotten swimmingly, if she wasn't--

"let's get started on this cleaning, shall we?"

his cheer's noticably forced this time.

tag:
notes: ...
[googlefont=Inconsolata]

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
candy hearts [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2019 22:49:23 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]f
or a mere moment she saw a sudden shift in expression. she was a bit surprised and wondered if it had just been her imagination. whether it was or wasn't, she did not wish to take the chance in offending him. thus, while waiting for the cake, she'd agree with him on getting a head start with cleaning. "i'd love that, mister maeda!" she chimed. it was nice to know that there were some rocket members who weren't all bad.

[break][break]

she wondered though, why was someone like maeda with rocket? to what could have been his reason? in due time, perhaps not now, she'd find out.
[break][break]
party:
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: one more post!