1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
disenchanted [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 21:05:08 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
marcel remembers the day of his wedding just as clearly as the day of his undoing. he thinks, if by some stroke of luck, either of the make it out alive it would be the same for them. he thinks he can see the white fleck of a veil in the distance, but he doesn't make it known to geraldine.

a flower brushes against his leg and the only thoughts circling through his mind are how his wife would have loved for them to say their vows here, how he was just as bad as the people he thinks he hates, and how they had to get out of here.

"this is pointless," he says, "let's go back, tell them we couldn't find them."

withdrawal does not suit marcel. he's a soldier. every secret to uncover, every word to pry out a man, and every nuisance to get rid of, is simply a hurdle and all they need to do is tell him to jump. the reason geraldine and him work is because they're hard-hearted, never quitters, and the one (probably the only) thing they'll agree on is that if they get a job, they get that job done.

but today, today was different.

he's already calling his noivern back into her pokeball before she can answer.

tag: @geraldine
notes: n/a
[googlefont=Inconsolata]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
disenchanted [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 18:25:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It was midday when they arrived at their destination. The sky was warm and blue, and the sun glowed over the small church that sat ahead of the two rocket’s vision. It was an idyllic sight, the building soaked in warm sunshine and the spiralling path to the doors decorated with flowers of pink, and red, and yellow. It was a shame such a wedding had to be ruined, but traitors were traitors, and Geraldine was not one to show mercy.

For such an occasion, Geraldine had dressed herself up more than usual: a long sleeved black cape coat was thrown over shoulders, covering a short bodycon dress of the same colour. Her pinned hair wore a cocktail hat, and her regular set of heels brought her to a height of dominance. Although she was attending the wedding for a different reason, she thought fitting to at least look the part.

She was preparing to move ahead, adjusting the Poke balls under her coat, before the familiar voice of her companion distracted her. His voice caused her vision to turn from the church, just missing the veiled individual beginning to head inside, and settle on Marcel. His remarks caused a scowl to etch into her face, watching as his Noivern disappeared.

“No.” Her response was blunt; sharp. “We’ve found them, and they will suffer their consequences”

She sighed with disappointment, tilting her head back towards the now shutting door of the church. Her eyes narrowed, matching that of her Seviper that sat curled beneath her feet like an obedient pet.

“I don't have time for your hesitance, Marcel.” Her voice was low, his name spoken curtly, “Go if you want to, but I will deliver, with or without you.” Without a second thought, she began to move forward slowly, pulling at her gloved hands and allowing her heels to click against the floor. Her Seviper slid silently by her side.

The predators were moving in, and they wanted to make their kill.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
disenchanted [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2019 21:34:38 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
he's not surprised to see her walking off, geraldine would have never listened to such half-hearted reasoning when their targets were right there. still, he can't help the agitated rush of air that leaves him, and his growing sense of dread.

fingers move to adjust the collar of his black dress shirt. he needs to do something, he can't let his fate befall another. he doesn't know what he needs to do to get geraldine to turn the other way but he can't give up here.

the pair are suddenly enclosed in a dome of blue, and marcel knows he isn't thinking straight--he can't, not with a mission like this. his dragonair stands behind him, horn emitting a faint glow which matches the colour of the protect.

"i mean it, geraldine," he mimicks the tone she'd used to say his name, "this. is. pointless."

belle curls around him, serving as a barrier between him and geraldine, as if she is expecting the worse. he places a hand on her and hopes it is reassuring. honestly, he can't help but worry his pokemon is right.

"we should be focusing on the league," he carries on, "these people aren't worth our time."

notes: ...
[googlefont=Inconsolata]

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
disenchanted [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2019 14:56:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Geraldine pushed forward, her thoughts of Marcel and his stupid, timid behaviour drifting away momentarily. She began wondering on the best way to get into the church, before she was stopped in her path. The familiar glowing wall of blue shut her off from her destination, and she turned around with a single spin to stare at Marcel. Her breathing was slow, and she narrowed her gaze challengingly.

“You will let me pass, Marcel. I’ve had enough of your childish antics for one day. You forget this is our mission, we don’t have a choice in the matter.”

She spoke as if talking to a young boy, her voice filled with disappointment and judgement. Her Seviper hissed beneath her, baring its teeth at the Dragonair.

“Once this is complete, we then can focus on the true enemy. But for now, other grunts can deal with it. These traitors are just as important to deal with as the league scum,” She lifted her left hand, her Seviper rising and pressing his head into her palm. Her eyes flickered about the dome around them, before settling back on Marcel. She lightly tapped the head of her companion, and the leering fangs of her Seviper began to glow. Poison fang.

“Enough. Drop the dome or I’ll make you drop it.

classically late <3
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
disenchanted [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 22:46:03 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
he holds geraldine's gaze. the tense air between them shows no signs of wavering. her tone makes him bristle. marcel grits his teeth as he endures her words, thinking of where to attack first, how much time he'd have to buy to make their escape possible. and yet, he knows she is right. they've been sent here with no other choice. this is their mission.

marcel would go to any lengths to rewind what rocket had done; he could never wish his fate upon another. his wife would be sorely disappointed if he went along with this.

the glow of poison fang pulls him back. reminds him she is not here, and this is still their mission.

if he were a man of courage, he would have charged into battle there and then. maybe he would have overpowered geraldine and saved the couple. maybe he could have lived on that little bit lighter, knowing he'd done at least one act of good. but marcel is not brave; he will not be today's hero. this would be his shame to carry.

the fight bleeds out of him there and then. moving around his dragonair, he storms off towards the church. the barrier falls before he reaches it and his pokemon, though visibly reluctant, soon follows.

"let's get this over and done with."

he bites out his words, bitter, even if he knows that will not faze her.

notes: ...
[googlefont=Inconsolata]