Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Relicanth Play Date [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 18:18:22 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas stood barefoot in the sand. He looked out to the water, watching as his relicanth swam with intense enthusiasm and vigour. It felt exhilarating to finally be in fresh water again. It was a new place too, where relicanth could swim to its heart's content.

Occasionally Lucas saw the water's surface break, the relicanth breaching it with its fin. The sight was fleeting, as it dove deep within moments. Glancing towards his watch the head scientist couldn't help but wonder what was keeping his relicanth's date.

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
Relicanth Play Date [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 18:49:00 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
it's not that relicanth require much grooming or the like - they're naturally perfectly handsome creatures, kept nice and smooth and clean by the water they live in.

that said, she has to make sure rigel is absolutely perfect today; his rocky scales are polished to a fine shine.

"i'm sorry we're late," persephone said quickly, bordering on breathless as she joins her colleague in the shallow water.

"it's just- well." she interrupts herself to send lucas a borderline cryptic glance. "you'll see."

a brilliant flash of bright white light, a plop in the water, and persephone's own relicanth materialises a small distance away. affixed around his girthy neck is a bow tie.

"it's difficult to actually keep in place," persephone says fondly, watching as the pokemon dips into the water to find his companion.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Relicanth Play Date [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 19:21:19 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Yeah yeah no problem at all," he called out. It'd only been a few minutes since their arranged time. "Huh," Lucas said. He tilts his head slightly, unsure of what Perse had planned.

Lucas' eyes follow the flash of light. His brow furrowed for a moment as he saw the Relicanth. There was something on it, but he wasn't sure what. Straining his eyes for a split second he realizes what he saw. A Bow tie. He bursts into kind laughter.

"Oh I'm sure, I'm sure." He wiped a tear from his eye. "Queens also got a little something." As if on cue Lucas' relicanth emerged from the water. In Queen's mouth hung a large peony flower. She blinked seductively towards Rigel. Her eyes smouldered with intense love.

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
Relicanth Play Date [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 17:11:24 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
queen surfaces from the water with that big, beautiful flower, and persephone clasps her hands together in barely concealed delight, gasping slightly. what a beauty!

"there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that she could dominate the contest circuit," she announces, her tone decisive and lacking any shred of sarcasm.

rigel seems as enamoured by queen as she is by him. he does a quick lap around her in the water, indeed, that's the fastest persephone has ever seen him move. he gives her a gentlemanly nudge of, presumably, affection, and disappears into the depths to find a gift worthy of his lovely lady.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Relicanth Play Date [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 16:45:17 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"I'm sure she would."

He took Perse's word for it, as he knew next to nothing about pokemon contests.

"What about him, is he as big a star in contests as she'd be?"

Queen is astonished that her date up and left her. The sheer audacity of some pokemon was unbelievable. Her flower fell from her mouth, floating on the water's surface. Wet eyes turn to look towards the two trainers. Tears began to stream down Queen's face like a waterfall. She was heartbroken.

"Oh no," he said. Lucas could see something was wrong with his precious Relicanth. "I don't think she's happy with whatever Rigel just did."

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
Relicanth Play Date [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 16:56:25 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
persephone can't respond to him because her mouth dropped open in sheer horror at the scene of queen's lovely face covered in tears. no, no, no, rigel is more a gentleman than most men. there's no way he could possibly do something to hurt his date. this much she is certain of.

her faith in her pokemon keeps her resolute. persephone closes her mouth and composes herself.

"i'm sure he knows what he's doing," she says evenly.

as if on cue, the bow tie adorned pokemon emerges from the depths of the water, holding in his mouth not one but numerous types of sea flowers. he wipes her tears with a rocky fin and presents the bouquet to her.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Relicanth Play Date [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 2:55:04 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","avienbox"]
[attr="class","avienheader"]
[attr="class","avienicon"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-wheelchair"]

[attr="class","avientext"]

Queen couldn't believe her eyes. The bouquet was as beautiful a blazing sunset. She takes the flowers in one rocky fin and breathes in the smell. Its smell was reminiscent of the world renown flowers of Floaroma Town. A pleasure few got to experience.[break][break]

Won over by Nigel's efforts Queen embraces the Relicanth in a dance. The flowers are held between her fin and his as she takes the lead in this aquatic rendition of the classical waltz.

[attr="class","avienooc"]

notes

[break]
[attr="class","avientag"]

[newclass=.avienbox]width: 300px; min-height: 300px; background: #2e2e2e; border: 1px solid #222222;color: #807e7e; line-height: 14px;text-align: left;--m[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienheader]width: 300px; height: 75px; background: #CC9964;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienicon]padding-left: 30px; padding-top: 10px; color: #2e2e2e; font-size: 55px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avientext]padding: 25px 30px; font-family: Roboto; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienooc]border-left: 10px solid #CC9964; font-size: 10px !important; margin: 0 30px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienooc p,.avientag]padding-left: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avientag a]color: #b1b6bc!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
Relicanth Play Date [HH]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 14:27:53 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
persephone watches in awe as the two bulbous, rock-encrusted pokemon move with such grace through the tepid reef. who knew queen and rigel had it in them? is this what true love does? does it smooth out the crusty exterior to show the polished gemstone of the heart?

she turns to her fellow trainer and wipes a tear from her eye. persephone is so overcome with emotion that she is unable to utter words, and all she can do is clutch a fist to her chest and nod slowly and deliberately.

uniting this pair is more momentous than any of their other shared achievements.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Relicanth Play Date [HH]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 3:28:13 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

'Thatta girl. Finally putting those dance lessons to use."

Lucas watched on in silence from that point on as the pairing moved to and fro. Just like Persephone he held a hand clutched to his chest as the pokemon danced. Lucas watched attentively as Queen spun Nigel and caused the water's surface to ripple.

"Aren't they beautiful?"
[break]