through playful lips made of yarn
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 13:46:06 GMT
Rhian McArthur Avatar
[attr="id","records"]
[attr="class","text"]

this will eventually look pretty //

[break][break]

friends.

rhian has few friends, but not entirely out of choice. she's very introverted. with her mind usually stuck in daydreams, she's not the most talkative person around. she was sheltered for a good part of her life, and is still ignorant of certain things that would otherwise be pretty common knowledge, to the point she can be hilariously tactless or frustratingly naïve. she really means well, though, and with those she learns to trust, she can shed her worries and reservations and even turn a little overbearing.

[break][break]

coworkers.

within the league, she's only an assistant in the research department. rhian is probably not known by many, but she definitely would be able to recognize her higher-ups (and admire them from afar, in a totally not creepy way). work is also the easiest way to interact with and get to know her, as she's very passionate about her career. she's particularly interested in devon's dream projector and the pokénav's affection tracking feature, and would like to be able to work with them in the future.

[break][break]

lovers.

she's reserved in this aspect.

[break][break]

enemies.

rhian isn't one to hate openly, and she can endure a lot before being angered. she was a victim of bullying in school, and firmly believes that angry people who take things out on others are the ones suffering the most. wouldn't go as far as to say she likes them, but she can't bring herself to hate them either.

[break][break]

looking for.

mission partners, mentors, maybe some bad influences. open to anything, honestly.

[nospaces][googlefont="Open+Sans|Exo|Roboto+Condensed|Hammersmith+One"][var name="gray" value="#2e2e2e"][var name="text" value="#222"][var name="pink" value="#ffcfd9"][var name="accent" value="#ff8495"][var name="gold" value="#face80"]

[newclass="#records"] width: 40%; max-width: 300px; min-width: 200px; margin: 10px auto; border: 6px [var="gray"] solid; font: 10px 'Exo'; color: #ddd; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; background: #222; } #records .text { border: 1px #191919 solid; padding: 10px 15px; } #records .text b { color: [var="gold"]; font-weight: normal; } #records .file { display: flex; justify-content: space-around; align-content: flex-end; background-image: linear-gradient(172deg, [var="pink"] 0%, [var="pink"] 33%, #fff 34%, #fff 66%, [var="pink"] 67%); padding: 10px } #records .file #div { flex-grow: 1; } #records .file div { margin: auto 0; color: #444; text-align: right; } #records .file img { flex: none; height: 80px; width: 80px; border-radius: 100%; border: 6px #fff solid; } #records .file h1 a { display: inline-block; color: [var="text"]; transition: all .3s linear; } #records .file, #records .file a { color: [var="text"]; font: 10px 'Roboto Condensed'; } #records .file h1 a:hover { color: [var="accent"]; } #records div { margin: 4px; } #records #belt { display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; align-content: flex-end; } #records #belt div { display: block; margin: 5px 0 0 0; } #records #belt div div { height: 3px; width: 20px; margin: 2px auto 0; border-radius: 3px; } #records #belt img { height: 30px; width: 40px; border: none; } #records h1, #records h1 a { font: 14px 'Arial' !important; font-weight: bold !important; font-style: italic !important; } #records h1 { display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px [var="gray"] solid; padding-bottom: 1px; } #records h2 { display: inline; padding: 0; font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: normal; } #records a { text-decoration: none;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 1:20:43 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
first!

no but okay let's talk. rhian seems like a sweetheart, and would absolutely get on stormy's nerves. stormy is quick-witted and rash, and little things like asking the wrong question or repeating something or generally being a bit naive like i'm understanding rhian can be, could set her off.

generally though, stormy is a pretty friendly person. she just has a very low tolerance for annoying situations and little patience. if rhian becomes friends with though, you'll have a pretty solid friend with as well.

do you have any ideas for the two of them??

close tab

played by

Champ

Fairy Princess
She/Her
Eighteen
June 25
Johto
Demisexual
Scientist in training
Cadet
your playful lips made of yarn
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rhian
Rhian McArthur
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 2:29:11 GMT
Rhian McArthur Avatar
[attr="id","records"]
[attr="class","text"]

&

[break][break]

you know, i like the idea of them starting on bad terms and learn to get along purely out of consideration for cait. it'd be a pretty interesting dynamic.

[break][break]

does stormy usually introduce herself as a silph? rhian was born in johto and would know at least of the silph name— hell, her first piece of tech would probably have been made by silph co. not to mention virtually every other item of importance in pokémon training.

[break][break]

from what i can gather, stormy isn't as big of a public personality as her brother, but i can see rhian asking. if we really want things to start awfully, she could even throw an offhand comment like "it must be nice to have him as brother," knowing about him but obviously not knowing the circumstances in which the silph kids were raised.

[break][break]

eventually, and i'm guessing after some outside intervention winkwink but not necessarily, things could end with a heart-to-heart talk where rhian apologizes. maybe she opens up to stormy about her own family troubles (her mom and the accident, her dad and the child neglect, her cousin and the bullying) and idk they could bond over dysfunctional families?? what do you think?

[nospaces][googlefont="Open+Sans|Exo|Roboto+Condensed|Hammersmith+One"][var name="gray" value="#2e2e2e"][var name="text" value="#222"][var name="pink" value="#ffcfd9"][var name="accent" value="#ff8495"][var name="gold" value="#face80"]

[newclass="#records"] width: 40%; max-width: 300px; min-width: 200px; margin: 10px auto; border: 6px [var="gray"] solid; font: 10px 'Exo'; color: #ddd; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; background: #222; } #records .text { border: 1px #191919 solid; padding: 10px 15px; } #records .text b { color: [var="gold"]; font-weight: normal; } #records .file { display: flex; justify-content: space-around; align-content: flex-end; background-image: linear-gradient(172deg, [var="pink"] 0%, [var="pink"] 33%, #fff 34%, #fff 66%, [var="pink"] 67%); padding: 10px } #records .file #div { flex-grow: 1; } #records .file div { margin: auto 0; color: #444; text-align: right; } #records .file img { flex: none; height: 80px; width: 80px; border-radius: 100%; border: 6px #fff solid; } #records .file h1 a { display: inline-block; color: [var="text"]; transition: all .3s linear; } #records .file, #records .file a { color: [var="text"]; font: 10px 'Roboto Condensed'; } #records .file h1 a:hover { color: [var="accent"]; } #records div { margin: 4px; } #records #belt { display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; align-content: flex-end; } #records #belt div { display: block; margin: 5px 0 0 0; } #records #belt div div { height: 3px; width: 20px; margin: 2px auto 0; border-radius: 3px; } #records #belt img { height: 30px; width: 40px; border: none; } #records h1, #records h1 a { font: 14px 'Arial' !important; font-weight: bold !important; font-style: italic !important; } #records h1 { display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px [var="gray"] solid; padding-bottom: 1px; } #records h2, #records h2 a { display: inline; padding: 0; font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: normal; } #records a { text-decoration: none;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 2:41:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar

des could be here to teach her to idolize people in a totally CREEPY way. bug eyes? check. ability to peek around corners and stare people with said bug eyes? check. Granbull that likes to chew on people in a weird way? double check! seriously they are so different and i love it.

Maybe they could be....friends? very weird and unlikely friends but des needs some people to babble to a and get along with and tell most of her life stories to.

close tab

played by

Champ

Fairy Princess
She/Her
Eighteen
June 25
Johto
Demisexual
Scientist in training
Cadet
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rhian
Rhian McArthur
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 3:13:51 GMT
Rhian McArthur Avatar
[attr="id","records"]
[attr="class","text"]

&

[break][break]

this sounds like so much fun! i can definitely see rhian following des on her stalker-ish antics. would she do it out of good will or out of innocent faith? probably a little of both, honestly.

[break][break]

do you have any preferences as to what kind of thread to start with? after giving the missions list a quick look, i think these two missions look promising: pesky pescetarian and/or you're not the one.

[break][break]

the first could be the perfect opportunity for des to teach rhian how to properly sneak on a pokémon that thinks it is the sneaky one. maybe the way they meet is they're each trying to find the culprit behind the local magikarp's disappearances, and when they stumble across each other rhian is so scared by des's expression that she genuinely thinks she's the culprit for the whole of ten seconds. (oh yeah did i mention rhian's a total scaredy cat?)

[break][break]

the second mission sounds like the most likely to cause a mess, but it also sounds like it could trigger des, so maybe we leave that one in the air until we see how they play in the first "test", for lack of a better name?

[newclass="#records"] width: 40%; max-width: 300px; min-width: 200px; margin: 10px auto; border: 6px [var="gray"] solid; font: 10px 'Exo'; color: #ddd; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; background: #222; } #records .text { border: 1px #191919 solid; padding: 10px 15px; } #records .text b { color: [var="gold"]; font-weight: normal; } #records .file { display: flex; justify-content: space-around; align-content: flex-end; background-image: linear-gradient(172deg, [var="pink"] 0%, [var="pink"] 33%, #fff 34%, #fff 66%, [var="pink"] 67%); padding: 10px } #records .file #div { flex-grow: 1; } #records .file div { margin: auto 0; color: #444; text-align: right; } #records .file img { flex: none; height: 80px; width: 80px; border-radius: 100%; border: 6px #fff solid; } #records .file h1 a { display: inline-block; color: [var="text"]; transition: all .3s linear; } #records .file, #records .file a { color: [var="text"]; font: 10px 'Roboto Condensed'; } #records .file h1 a:hover { color: [var="accent"]; } #records div { margin: 4px; } #records #belt { display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; align-content: flex-end; } #records #belt div { display: block; margin: 5px 0 0 0; } #records #belt div div { height: 3px; width: 20px; margin: 2px auto 0; border-radius: 3px; } #records #belt img { height: 30px; width: 40px; border: none; } #records h1, #records h1 a { font: 14px 'Arial' !important; font-weight: bold !important; font-style: italic !important; } #records h1 { display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px [var="gray"] solid; padding-bottom: 1px; } #records h2, #records h2 a { display: inline; padding: 0; font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: normal; } #records a { text-decoration: none;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 3:36:08 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
me too me tooo!! yes okay let's go along with this idea.

yes, she normally does. unlike fernando, she isn't ashamed of who she is... at least not really. she hates herself for her parents dying and her not being able to do anything about it, but she also hates fernando for abandoning her in kanto. so idk? she's kind of a complicated disaster.

anyone associating her with fernando is usually a sore spot though because holy FUCK people are obsessed with this man and put him on such a pedestal that it pisses her tf off. <3

so if you wanna get on stormy's bad side you can literally do what you said and say 'wow youre so LUCKY and FORTUNATE to have been raised a silph' when it's actually not that great and she and all her other sibs were sorta treated like shit.

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 7:36:06 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

+

i would love to do a mentor/mentee thing!! perse is a bit new to the scene as well (and has some issues about feeling like she doesn't deserve the position etc etc) but i also see her really looking out for rhian given her age?? she might project her feelings a little so you're right, it would be a complete mess.

i'm liking the idea of doing a mission?! or maybe we can make something that sounds like.... field work and make it into a duo wild 👀

close tab

played by

Champ

Fairy Princess
She/Her
Eighteen
June 25
Johto
Demisexual
Scientist in training
Cadet
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rhian
Rhian McArthur
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 11:19:26 GMT
Rhian McArthur Avatar
[attr="id","records"]
[attr="class","text"]

&

[break][break]

sounds like a plan!

[break][break]

to maximize their levels of discomfort, putting them in a situation where it really wouldn't do to just ditch the other will probably be a lot of fun — for us. i was kind of eyeing the elevator hh mission. i just saw you're already taking that one buuut maybe a similar setting could work? either a mission they're taking as league members, or getting locked in somewhere.

[break][break]

[break]

persephone amavi & rhian mcarthur

[break][break]

gonna be replying to perse in her own plotter because that's where i posted first and it makes more sense. yes.

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 16:41:50 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

+

tbh i post randomly in various plotters depending on the mood of the day LMAO.

so at the moment the league headquarters are in lilycove city! used to be slatecove but that got overrun and the league lost it to rocket. with rhian working for devon in rustboro + i think working with lucas too, i'm sure she travels around a fair amount! could be fun to do a mission like this maybe?? something pretty intense doubles as both character-building for rhian and a short-cut for them to get to know each other?? :')

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2019 21:13:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="id","silence"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","content"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[break]Hi wanna be my girlfriend?

[nospaces][var name="accent" value="#6497ac"][var name="background" value="#222"][var name="sequin" value="#191919"][var name="text" value="#ccc"][var name="hp" value="#b3c83d"][googlefont=Hammersmith+One|Chivo]

[newclass="#silence"]width: 100%; max-width: 400px;background: [var="background"]; display: flex; flex-direction: row; font: 10px 'Chivo'; color: [var="text"]; text-align: justify; margin: 15px auto; border: 1px [var="sequin"] solid; } #silence .sidebar { width: 100px; flex-grow: 20%; background: [var="accent"] url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png) no-repeat bottom; display: flex; flex-direction: column; align-items: flex-end; justify-content: flex-end; padding: 0 10px 10px 0; } #silence .sidebar::before { content: ''; width: 100px; } #silence .sidebar div { width: 37px; height: 37px; background: [var="background"]; border: 1px [var="sequin"] solid; border-radius: 50%; margin: 3px 0; } #silence .sidebar .box::before { content: ''; position: absolute; display: block; width: 2px; height: 7px; background: [var="background"]; transform: translate(18px, -7px); } #silence .sidebar .box:nth-child(1)::before { height: 0; } #silence .sidebar div div { border-radius: 2px; width: 20px; height: 2px; transform: translate(8px,-0px); } #silence .content { padding: 15px; } #silence .sidebar .inactive { filter: grayscale(100%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); } #silence .content .tag { margin: 0; display: block; background: [var="background"]; margin: 10px 0; padding: 8px; transform: translate(-50px,-5px); border: 1px [var="sequin"] solid; border-radius: 5px; } #silence .content .tag, #silence .content .tag a { font: inherit; } #silence .content h2 { color: [var="accent"]; font: inherit; font-weight: bold; display: inline; } #silence .content b { font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; } #silence .detail { background: #252525; border-radius: 100%; flex: none; } #silence .detail::before { width: 100px; height: 100px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Champ

Fairy Princess
She/Her
Eighteen
June 25
Johto
Demisexual
Scientist in training
Cadet
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rhian
Rhian McArthur
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2019 12:38:52 GMT
Rhian McArthur Avatar
[attr="id","records"]
[attr="class","text"]

@leonardo &

[break][break]

why, what an odd thing to say, mr. vermilion. i thought we were already dating!

[break][break]

but yes i love our nerds and i want all of the threads. gimme.

[break][break]

actually, while writing up my reply for our mission, i came up with a few ideas. we need a nice little at-home date, and we also need some socials set in the past from when rhian and leo were still in high school, talking about their aspirations and what they would eventually (are now) pursuing. maybe it leads to a battle thread too since you wanted heart scales? could start with rhian asking something like what he thinks about human-pokémon communication!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2019 14:32:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="id","silence"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","content"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[break]Sounds good. Flashbacks are good for character building. Feel free to start the thread and I'll reply.

[break][break]For the date thread you suggested, should we submit it to the Lovely Kiss HH mission?

[nospaces][var name="accent" value="#6497ac"][var name="background" value="#222"][var name="sequin" value="#191919"][var name="text" value="#ccc"][var name="hp" value="#b3c83d"][googlefont=Hammersmith+One|Chivo]

[newclass="#silence"]width: 100%; max-width: 400px;background: [var="background"]; display: flex; flex-direction: row; font: 10px 'Chivo'; color: [var="text"]; text-align: justify; margin: 15px auto; border: 1px [var="sequin"] solid; } #silence .sidebar { width: 100px; flex-grow: 20%; background: [var="accent"] url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png) no-repeat bottom; display: flex; flex-direction: column; align-items: flex-end; justify-content: flex-end; padding: 0 10px 10px 0; } #silence .sidebar::before { content: ''; width: 100px; } #silence .sidebar div { width: 37px; height: 37px; background: [var="background"]; border: 1px [var="sequin"] solid; border-radius: 50%; margin: 3px 0; } #silence .sidebar .box::before { content: ''; position: absolute; display: block; width: 2px; height: 7px; background: [var="background"]; transform: translate(18px, -7px); } #silence .sidebar .box:nth-child(1)::before { height: 0; } #silence .sidebar div div { border-radius: 2px; width: 20px; height: 2px; transform: translate(8px,-0px); } #silence .content { padding: 15px; } #silence .sidebar .inactive { filter: grayscale(100%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); } #silence .content .tag { margin: 0; display: block; background: [var="background"]; margin: 10px 0; padding: 8px; transform: translate(-50px,-5px); border: 1px [var="sequin"] solid; border-radius: 5px; } #silence .content .tag, #silence .content .tag a { font: inherit; } #silence .content h2 { color: [var="accent"]; font: inherit; font-weight: bold; display: inline; } #silence .content b { font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; } #silence .detail { background: #252525; border-radius: 100%; flex: none; } #silence .detail::before { width: 100px; height: 100px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Champ

Fairy Princess
She/Her
Eighteen
June 25
Johto
Demisexual
Scientist in training
Cadet
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rhian
Rhian McArthur
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2019 14:41:44 GMT
Rhian McArthur Avatar
[attr="id","records"]
[attr="class","text"]

@leonardo &

[break][break]

oh you're right, i completely forgot a mission like that existed. i'll go sign us up for it and for the playing cupid mission we decided we'd be taking earlier!

[break][break]

if you have any other ideas, pls don't hesitate to hmu ❤︎

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2019 15:33:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="id","silence"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","content"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[break]All right I can start the Playing Cupid mission and you start the date one because it was your idea.[break][break] Let's take Affection's Confections to get some more heart scales. Leo can be grumpy about Rhian making chocolates for someone else.

close tab

played by

Champ

Fairy Princess
She/Her
Eighteen
June 25
Johto
Demisexual
Scientist in training
Cadet
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rhian
Rhian McArthur
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2019 9:41:38 GMT
Rhian McArthur Avatar
[attr="id","records"]
[attr="class","text"]

@leonardo &

[break][break]

we discussed this briefly on discord so i'm making a post to actually remember this later and go more in depth!

[break][break]

ever since you mentioned leo wouldn't give his pokémon nicknames, this little headcanon bug came to me that rhian gives them all nicknames behind his back. we started with meteoro (metagross) already. i'm looking forward to him telling rhian to stop it tbqh.

[break][break]

i also wanna have a social where they actually talk about it. maybe it's also set in the past because that's kinda something that one would notice pretty early on and something rhian would point out. since then i'm guessing the talk doesn't change leo's view considering he still doesn't name his pokémon even now? hehe.

[break][break]

also:

when are you going to make your own plotter so i can spam it instead of mine when i want to plot with you? thanks.

[break][break]

now i go back to bed because it's too early to be awake on a sunday.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights