awards
1,369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
challenger deep [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 14:35:43 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Arriving at the next table, Derek finds that he is the first to arrive this time. Sitting down and allowing the Sobble on his shoulder to crawl down onto the table, he fixes them both some tea while they waited on whoever was meant to take the seat across from them.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Bisexual
Grunt
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
5'10 height
5'10 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,753 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
challenger deep [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 4:23:18 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“Hey, what's up?” Rowan offered a courteous smile as he sat down across from Derek, another unfamiliar face in the vast number he’d be meeting today. “I’m Rowan, but I’m sure you could guess that.” A hand gestured to the name-tag on his sweater with a small chuckle, politely accepting the tea that had been brewed.

“So, what do you do?”

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
challenger deep [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 19:29:28 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Derek offers a wave and a similar smile Rowan's way, freely divulging the answer they sought. "I'm a ranger. It's nothing to brag about at my current rank, but I don't think I'll remain a cadet for long." Snagging a cookie from the plate, Derek chews off the crisp edge before returning the same curiosity. "How about you?"
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Bisexual
Grunt
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
1,753 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
challenger deep [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 16:16:56 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“I’m an Oceanographer.” Rowan responded, once again spreading the half-truth. “I study the ocean and aquatic Pokémon, their environments and the effects of different influences upon them.” He wouldn’t bore Derek with the details, instead shifting the focus back to them.

“What made you become a Ranger, if you don’t mind me asking?” Seeing as he almost became one himself, Rowan was curious as to what inspired others as well.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
challenger deep [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 18:33:21 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Sounds like you're out on the water a lot, huh? That's pretty cool." Though all the research data and documentation would be a bore, the rest was worth it. Not to mention the job sounded like it could pay pretty well...

"As for why I chose this, it's a long list of reasons. First and foremost, it's sort of part of a promise I made to someone back home. Then there's also the fact I used to be a gym leader, and the rangers get to get their hands dirty without all the obligations the other job has."

A mockful smirk began to form on his lips. "The only real reason not to choose it was the wage. But it was never about the money, so...next question?"
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Bisexual
Grunt
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
1,753 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
challenger deep [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 18:40:28 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“You were a gym leader?” Rowan studied their features for a moment, attempting to recall the information himself but coming up blank. Must have been before he’d come to Hoenn, at the very least. “What city was your gym in?” Not that it necessarily mattered, but perhaps knowing their replacement would be significant in one way or another.

“I thought about becoming a Ranger myself, once. Didn’t end up panning out, however. Other opportunities presented themselves that I couldn’t turn down.” Like cornering him during a dive at the Seafloor Cavern.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
challenger deep [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 19:10:38 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Well, you're not missing out on much." Everything he'd done or been a part of as a ranger kept him on land. "But yeah, I was the gym leader of Petalburg for a time. If you ever see or hear of a Mettle badge, that'd mean me."

He'd done very little, but the mantle and all it's burdens were his to bear. "It was a very brief time, to be honest." Not even half a year had passed from start to finish. "But, hey, if you ever get tired of your line of work, the rangers could always use you."
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Bisexual
Grunt
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
1,753 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
challenger deep [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 19:25:56 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
Rowan hadn’t heard of the Mettle Badge, but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t in the future. It was something to keep in the back of his mind, for now. “I’m sure they could.” He chuckled slightly, knowing how much they’d have been putting up with considering the appearance of Space-Time Distortions and the more bold nature of Team Rocket as of late. “Maybe one day, when I need a change of scenery.”

At the sound of the bell, their time was drawing to a close. “Oh, here’s my card.” A hand extended across the table, offering his Greater Mauville Holdings business card, name and title printed in bold lettering. “You all ever need an Oceanographer, you know who to call.” He smirked slightly and pushed himself up from the chair. “Nice to meet you, Derek.”

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,751 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
challenger deep [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 6:32:45 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times