1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
painkiller [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2019 22:50:09 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
he didn't have the time to waste finding more cover than what round the side of a building would give them. perhaps he would regret this later. for now the chaos around has been toned down to a low hum — he's got something else to deal with right now.

"how bad is it?"

it's more of an assessment than a show of care, marcel wants to get on the move. he doesn't fancy getting stabbed in the back (quite literally, probably) by a creeping league member, nor by a fellow rocket, which the higher-ups would be more than happy to arrange if he was even a second later than what they wanted.

already resigned to the fact that they might be here awhile, he releases his dragonair. "be ready." his words are met with a cool cry in response. turning back to nakamura, he gives him an expectant look.

he really didn't wear stress well.

tag: @mimikyu &
notes: ...
[googlefont=Inconsolata]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
painkiller [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2019 23:55:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Mikami Nakamura had not expected to be in Slateport City, but he'd make do. His faithful Mimikyu remained at his side, as per usual, its eyes shining through its ragged costune. He simply rested a hand on its head, wordlessly commanding it to remain still and silent so they wouldn't get into trouble. The Pokemon obeyed, sliding behind him and ducking into the shadows, tail swishing to and fro as he brushed off his pin-striped suit. He'd once again brought along all three of his Pokemon, including the possible dead-weight that was Poseidon the Magikarp-a literal fish out of water who would sooner splash around than attack-and the Magikarp was fortunately still in its ball. 

When he was asked how bad his injury was, he frowned to himself. The injury on his side-sustained from his own recklessness-hurt like hell, but he grit his teeth and managed to ignore the pain for now. "It's perfectly fine; I can barely feel it anymore." He muttered, trying to remain confident and calm in spite of his growing anxieties. 

His Mimikyu had just broken from its ball without his permission, eager to get a taste of the destruction. Razor-sharp claws glinting beneath its cloak, the creature hissed and lifted a clawed appendage, ready to strike anyone who dared come close to its master.

Nakamura knew he didn't wear stress well at all(especially with an injury), so when his companion released a Dragonair-the refined creature giving out an affirmative cry at its own trainer's words-he simply swallowed his apprehension and nodded in assent. "Understood. Hades, stick to its shadow and don't let yourself be seen." The Pokemon obeyed dutifully, silently slithering into the Dragonair's shadow, the only trace of its original "body" being the wooden tail and the tattered rags it left behind. 
close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
painkiller [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2019 3:55:09 GMT
arian coin Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","threadtext"]

[attr="class","letter1"]s
tanding above the duo, unaware at first, was the soon-to-be gym leader of lilycove city: arian. adorning a white suit. he, and his pokemon, stood atop of the tall building, which arian had been using to scout from above. he was surprised to find below him, not one but two, rockets. "no way, they're pretty bad at hide-n-seek!" standing upon his right was his trusted knight gallade, on his left the belle of the ball: gardevoir, and finally, the ghost pokemon, gengar. "i didn't think it'd be this easy, but--" intercepted by gardevoir's telepathy, they spoke, sir, you're not thinking of doing what i think you are? arian turned to grace his prince, and said, "come on, let's just do it!" gardevoir merely sighed.

[break][break]

"klefki, front and center!" gardevoir, without order, knew what he was to do. together, alongside gallade, the duo utilized TELEPORT. the group would come to appear in front of and @mimikyu . a simple wave, arian, then, commanded klefki, "perfect cube!" the scenery before them came to be shifted. a luminous square tile, one by one, started to manifest. once the final piece was formed the trio trainers and their pokemon would come to be sealed inside of a strange, pink luminescent cube. this technique was none other than MAGIC ROOM; followed by the usage of magic room FAIRY LOCK came next. manifesting outside of the magic cube were chains and locks, which were a bright pink color. they, too, appeared inside the cube as well.

[break][break]

fairy lock did not work on ghost-type pokemon. so the mimikyu could flee if so chose, but gengar remained on standby in case the ghost-type attempted anything suspicious. for now, the arian's group ignored the hiding ghost-type. "hey!" greeting his trapped brethren, or prison mates even, arian continued with a chuckle, "i'm really glad i ran into you two. don't worry, i'm not here to harm you! i'm just here to talk!" arian quickly stated, holding his arms out and flailing his hands. "no need to be on the offense or anything, i just wanna have a conversation!" arian nervously grinned, hoping that he didn't run into violent rocket members.

[break][break]

"besides," hands on his hip and a deadpan stare, he'd warn them, "good luck calling your pokemon out. this cube prevents items from being used, your pokeball are items. they won't work so, by proxy, they're locked in their cages just the same as we are. i also activated fairy lock to keep any of you from attempting to run or break out of here. of course, if you possess any ghost-type," gengar smiled toward the mimikyu's rag, "i'll have gengar hunt your pokemon down."

[break][break]

arian's exuberant smile returned.

[break][break]

"so let's not do anything reckless, haha! i just have some questions for you guys that i feel you could answer; as long as you answer with honesty and truth, we can all walk out of here as if we never me!" the tips of his fingers came to connect with one another. the blonde blushed, his head lightly tilted, "do you guys like games?"

[break][break]
[break]
party:
[break]
mission: scold[break]
tag: @mimikyu ,
[break]
notes: i wrote some stuff, hi. fairy lock and magic room were used. gengar, gallade, gardevoir, and klefki remain on standby.

[attr="class","miricredit"]window blues

[Googlefont=Playfair+Display:400,400italic,700,700italic,900]
[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
painkiller [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2019 23:41:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Mikami Nakamura wanted to scream when their entrance(rather, their exit) was blocked by a man who had just..showed up. He hadn't even done anything particularly bad today, beyond get himself injured while on an important mission-and not accomplishing anything on said mission because his damned conscience continued to rear its ugly head-but now it seemed he was being punished. How delightful. If he weren't an expert at keeping his emotions in check by now, he'd be cussing this man out like there was no tomorrow. Instead, he slowly lifted his head, one hand held against his wounded side to keep from spurting his fluids all over the place, putting pressure on the wound as to not bleed out. Hot, wet blood seeped through the fabric of his Rocket uniform, soaking his shaking hand as he cursed bitterly underneath his breath, legs starting to shiver underneath his weight. 

The blond, obnoxiously-dressed man who'd landed before them and proceeded to rattle off multiple moves at once gave him no time to react. He'd just pressed down on the Pokeball that held his new Houndoom, in a last-ditch attempt to send someone else into the fray, only for the ball to click uselessly and not work. Perfect; whatever move this man used prevented Pokeballs from being used. How wonderful for them. What was supposed to be a rescue mission was turning into quite the agonizing experience already; first he almost bled to death out here before his teammate arrived to help him, and now they were cornered by a clever trainer and his group of Pokemon. Judging by the Gengar's malevolent grin, the meaningful look cast at his Mimikyu's discarded cloth, and the man's next words, it wouldn't be a very good idea to have his Mimikyu attack right about now. The fairy lock attack had formed some kind of prison around them, effectively trapping Mikami and his cohort where they stood, without any chance of escape unless his Mimikyu could escape, which was probably impossible considering that the Gengar was watching its cloth like a hawk. 

"...Four on two isn't exactly fair, is it? Games are only fun when you have a chance to win. Besides, why did you bother trapping us? We have two Pokemon between us and my side is torn to shreds. What do you think i'm going to do, bleed on you?" 

He griped in response, trying to stand only for his Arceus-damned legs to give out, gasping as the pain in his side worsened. Moving with this gash on his side didn't seem like the best idea for now; he'd been toughing it out for these past few moments, but the pain seemed to hit him all at once when the attack was laid out. Just sitting in one spot would make the pain even worse, and even then, if he could send out his Pokemon, there was no guarantee any of them would do especially well against the Gardevoir and Gallade. He did have Houndoom with him, but one well-placed Fighting-type attack from the Gallade combined with a Fairy-type move from Gardevoir would knock the Pokemon out right away even if he did use it. Backed into a literal and proverbial corner, his Mimikyu returning to its spot underneath the neglected rag and sliding over to Nakamura's side with an annoyed glint in its eyes, he could only glower at the man who'd had the gall to imprison them like this, 

"Why don't you let me use my Pokeballs and have a real battle? Besides, wouldn't it be awfully anticlimactic if you just defeated one of my Pokemon here? Why not win fair and square, unless..perhaps you're too much of a coward to fight me properly? I'm not foolish enough to run away; I'm injured, and I don't think I'd be able to get far."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
painkiller [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2019 17:15:10 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
he's off his game. that's the only explanation he can come up with as a myriad of tiles manifest around him. he whirls round to face the culprit, and it takes a great effort to hide his apprehension. there's a perk with his job, and with the consequences that come with failure. he knows things, and he knows them damn well. the face before him is a face he knows, seen in files and the glare of his computer screen during tiresome work days.

arian coin: gym leader and compulsive gambler. one of the new faces, new enough for marcel to have just enough information missing in his mind in a way that riles up every nerve in his body. he thinks the circumstances are incredibly unfair, despite the fact nakamura and him are simply two unknown figures to the man.

his frustration only grows as nakamura makes his injured state known. another stone dropped onto their side of the tipping scales, another shovel of dirt onto their graves. he glances at their pokemon, and then the man's. if this was a battle of games, of logic, those odds would be better than diving recklessly into combat.

protective instict moves his dragonair in front of him, her head tilting in such a way that her horn points in arian's direction. an instinctive threat. marcel leans forward slightly to mutter a command.

"protect."

a blue dot flashes between rocket and league, and nothing happens. a moment later, it expands into a glassy divide which separates the cube into perfect halves. marcel knows better than to trust, and this man is no exception. he isn't going to risk it, not with nakamura injured. they can't fight, and they can't run. for now.

"what do you want?"

his question is simple, broad, and utterly damning.

notes: dragonair uses protect. marcel is v much on edge.
[googlefont=Inconsolata]
close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
painkiller [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 0:05:24 GMT
arian coin Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]a
rian possessed a look of remorse. the second the dragonair erected a protective barrier, arian listened. he listened to the pale male's spiel. "i..." arian paused. lowering his head as the right palm of his hand began to maneuver, vertically, upward. for a second it looked as if he were going to place it over his heart and grip his suit jacket--but that wasn't it. he placed it over his mouth.

[break][break]

arian began to laugh.

[break][break]

"ahaha!" raising the left palm of his hand, he'd hold it to the duo. "w-wait, i can't breathe! my stomach!" he held his mouth at first, but then his right hand shifted to his side. "y-you're not serious, right?" looking up to see their faces, he'd burst into another fit. "i-i can't believe the irony in that." wiping a tear from his right eye, he'd say, "your bad guys, you guys don't have to play by the rules!" had no one given them the memo--or at least the injured fellow?

[break][break]

shaking his head. "if anything, i'm merely taking precaution. it'd be troublesome to have to deal with you both at once, and tiring. i'd have to arrest you, detain and confiscate you of your pokemon. i'd rather not do that. especially with the gift of laughter you all gave me!" he definitely had to repay them back. "i was just trying to start off fresh by telling you a little bit about myself; i like games!" pointing to the duo, he'd add, "and you've both lost, you're pretty bad at hide-n-seek y'know?" arian, once more, chuckled. "it's not about what i want, but what you can do for me. considering your partner is practically standing at death's doorstep. my gardevoir can help mend the wound with their power, you can also get a free ride to where ever you're trying to flee to, i won't arrest you, i won't confiscate your pokemon--i mean, come on, i'm giving you a get out of jail free card here." arian chuckled.

[break][break]

a finger raised. he'd wag his left index finger at the duo. "if anything, i'm doing, and offering, quite a lot for you both," his voice, then, took on a tone that sounded innocent yet helpless, "and yet i'm not getting anything in return! no thank you, not a single appreciation for my kindness. just hostility. how is any of this fair?" his tone reverted back to a jovial nature, "i'm a negotiator, a man of my word, and..." a sinister grin formed. a hollow gaze stared directly toward the duo. it was not the eye of a mere mortal, but one that matched the glare of a king. sharpened hues remained focused upon them. never faltering, never wavering; they merely sat still, "... the only league member who'd ever negotiate with terrorist."

[break][break]

extending his arms as wide as possible. arian, smiling, said, "so here's what i need from the two of you: i need you both to deliver something to silas for me, preferably your skeletal friend over!" he pointed toward @mimikyu , "and as for you, i'd like you to become a member of my gym: a gym trainer of sorts. i can't explain why, but i'm interested in you..." arian pointed toward , "you're a simple grunt, so i doubt you have a criminal record or hit out for you at this time. you'd be perfect to blend in within liylcove, and your face isn't bad either. you might bring in some customers. plus, you get to be close to a gym leader and can report back whatever you want to your boss." arian had a lot more to say, but he wanted to give a chance for the duo to respond. so he'd remain standing, hands, now, behind his back.

[break][break]

the floor was theirs.

[break][break]
[break]
party:
[break]
[break]
notes: negotiations are happening, offers, as well as desires.

[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
painkiller [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 23:38:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Mikami Nakamura pondered what the man had just said, his expression going from annoyed to plain confused and back again within the span of his next few sentences. He nodded in thanks when his partner had his Dragonair use Protect, and muttered out, "Mimikyu, standby. Do not attack." The Ghost-type obediently slipped over to his side and hopped up on his bony shoulder with a reassuring sound, wagging its wooden tail to and fro to the beat of an invisible pendulum. Sighing, he hobbled to his feet; they were outmatched and outnumbered, and this gym leader was clearly quite crafty. Even if they could escape-doubtful, given the state they were in right now-it was his fault they were caught to begin with. In a sense, he found the weight of this defeat to be his burden to bear. 

"I'll deliver whatever it is you want delivered." He managed to say, wiping sweat from his brow. "I doubt Silas would want to make arrangements to see a lowly grunt unless they have something important to say, but I'll be sure to let him know it's..urgent." Casting a glance back to his friend, he clutched the injury on his side, continuing to put pressure on the bleeding wound as the liquid seeped through his bony fingers and onto the ground below. Clenching his jaw, Mikami tried to remain strong, putting on a brave face in spite of all the pain he was in. "I'll let my friend make his decision on his own, though; it's his choice to make, after all. I can't just..make it for him." He muttered, glancing away from the golden-haired man's suddenly intimidating expression. 

The golden-haired man brushed his long bangs from his eyes and quickly jolted himself upright, shivering when his wound resumed aching. "...It is my fault we're stuck in this mess, anyway, so if there's anything more you need me to do when I am done delivering my message, just let me know. I'll make sure it's done." His Mimikyu hissed in displeasure at his words, and narrowed its eyes underneath its raggedy little cloak, as if it were just as infuriated with these proceedings as Mikami had become. He wouldn't blame it if it was; his Pokemon tended to emulate his emotions, or at the very least feel the same way he did. 
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
painkiller [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2019 9:45:02 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
as marcel listens to the man's demands the only thought going through his mind is that he must be joking. right? there's no need to house an enemy in your walls, and his explanation is infuriatingly vague. and report back anything he wanted? surely arian wouldn't put the league at risk like that, or perhaps there was nothing significant there to report.

it's only now he seems to understand the situation they're in: trapped with a bloody madman.

nakamura's retaliation seems to be bleeding out as steadily as his wound. he notices the slight wince paired with the hand on his side, but doesn't make a comment on it. the way he pulls all the blame onto himself doesn't sit well with him, he might have said something against it had they no league company. instead, he stands firm, gaze boring into the gym leader.

men of their word — when those words were anything but threats — were hard to come by in his circles. he didn't know if arian was any exception. this seemed too easy, too good to be true.

"i don't believe you."

the statement's thrown out into the air, for little reason other than marcel wants to fill the silence. no, he doesn't believe him, but it doesn't mean anything at this point. he's considering, because his hand's been forced. but his decision hasn't come yet, his mind's still furiously working, storming through pros, cons, and unanswerable questions.

"heal him, then i'll talk. there's no use in a deal if this guy dies."

he's afraid nakamura will bleed out before he has the chance to throw his terms back. if this all went wrong, he wanted at least for them both to go through it with their hearts still beating.

notes: ...
[googlefont=Inconsolata]
close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
painkiller [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2019 11:50:17 GMT
arian coin Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]h
ow admirable. chuckling, arian responds, "your leader is truly lucky to have honest men." unlike the league. "alright then, lower your barrier and gardevoir shall do her best to save your command. her power is strong, but it's no miracle worker." heal pulse would, at best, keep the man from walking upon death's doorstep. "gardevoir, once the barrier ceases tend to their wound." with a nodded response. gardevoir readied himself to conduct medical attention.

[break][break]

once the barrier dissipated, gardevoir moved in to treat @mimikyu's wound. "to resume with our discussion, i don't want either of you to get the wrong idea." a skittish grin, arian continued, "i'm not exactly an ally nor am i an enemy. i'd say i'm more of a..." touching his chin, he carefully thought on the word to describe himself. "ah! a game master." a hand placed over his stomach, he'd take a bow. "an arbiter if you will. one who has ingrained the definition of 'absolute neutrality' within him. you have a better chance of allying with me than anyone else, why not come join the side where there is no loser or winner?" arian offered, extending his hand to the duo.

[break][break]

"of course, you can remain where you are with rocket; just as i will remain with league. i don't have any intention of deserting my home," for now, "but i do have a desire to see something pretty interesting happen in the future. if fate will allow it that is." an impish grin and a low snicker. the blonde would add, "you can't tell me that you're both in team rocket to merely steal pokemon and pillage towns just because? you must have a reason..." a tone of curiosity, arian's gaze narrowed with a piqued interest. "did your leader promise the two of you something good? something worthwhile if you followed rockets footsteps? did he use physical or verbal persuasion to make the both of you submit?" no, there was no way they could be doing this against their will.

[break][break]

"if that's the case, you're better off allying with me. unlike your leader, i'm not one to make false promises." pointing at his own eye, he'd lower the lid on his left, "i can see it. the both of you are fighting for something, but for what is the question."

[break][break]
[break]
party:
[break]
[break]
notes: negotiations are happening, offers, as well as desires.