awards
375 posts
part of
TAG WITH @erin
Erin Caulfield
may i have this dance? [m]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2019 15:59:03 GMT
Erin Caulfield Avatar
[nospaces][var name="accent" value="#aa70b2"][var name="background" value="#111"][var name="text" value="#ccc"][var name="border" value="#222"][var name="menu" value="#333"][googlefont="Oswald|Hammersmith+One|Rubik"][newclass="#prada"] max-width: 100%; width: 280px; background: [var="background"]; border: 1px [var="border"] solid; box-shadow: 0 2px 10px [var="border"]; margin: 20px auto; padding: 0; position: relative; overflow: hidden; } #prada #tag { display: block; flex: none; cursor: default; } #prada #tag h1 { font: 42px 'Oswald'; font-style: italic; color: [var="menu"]; line-height: 26px; text-align: left; transform: rotate(-5deg) translate(-8px, -12px); display: inline-block; text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; padding: 10px 0 30px 0; margin: 0; } #prada #tag a, #prada #tag h1 a { font: inherit; color: [var="accent"]; text-decoration: none; text-transform: lowercase; display: inline; } #prada .container { font: 10px 'Rubik'; color: [var="text"]; text-align: justify; display: flex; justify-content: space-between; flex-direction: column; padding: 0; } #prada .container .dear { background: [var="border"]; padding: 35px 40px 25px 40px; margin: -10px; } #prada .dear b, #prada .dear a { font: inherit; color: [var="accent"]; text-decoration: none; display: inline; } #prada h2, #prada h2 a { font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 0; margin: 0; display: inline; } #prada #belt { height: 0; display: flex; flex-direction: row; justify-content: flex-end; align-items: center; transform: translate(0px, 0px); padding-bottom: 15px; margin-right: 10px; } #prada #belt .box { display: flex; flex-direction: column; align-items: center; } #prada #belt .box:nth-of-type(1) { margin-top: 5px; } #prada #belt .box { margin: 0; } #prada .pkspr { width: 36px; height: 36px; flex: none; background: [var="menu"]; border: 1px [var="border"] solid; border-radius: 50%; margin: 0 2px; filter: grayscale(100%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); -moz-filter: grayscale(100%); } #prada #belt .box .health { background: [var="background"]; border-radius: 10px; border: 1px [var="border"] solid; transform: translate(0, -6px); filter: grayscale(100%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); -moz-filter: grayscale(100%); } #prada .active .pkspr, #prada .active .health { filter: none !important; -webkit-filter: none !important; -moz-filter: none !important; [/newclass]

[attr="id","prada"]
[attr="id","tag"]

for 's [break]pokémon

[attr="id","belt"]

[attr="class","box"]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-porygon2"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","box"]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-meowth form-alola"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","box"]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-gengar"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","box active"]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-kirlia"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","container"]
[attr="class","dear"]

Mission: Daycare Playdate

[break][break]

Belle likes dancing. It's a fact she's known since long before she was possessed by her trainer's monster and given this ominous name, Belladonna.

[break][break]

She had seen a real atropa belladonna once. Its berries small and black, like eyes staring into the depths of her soul. Pretty lavender-colored flowers covered a potent, deadly power. Next to them, the sleeping corpse of a pikachu laid still.

[break][break]

The kirlia hates this name and is glad for its shortened form. Belle is short, cute, and most days she could pretend it had none of the symbolism associated with the full name.

[break][break]

Belle likes dancing, so that's what she does. She dances to forget herself, to relive a time when all was much more simple and nothing could hurt. She dances until her legs begin to ache and her psychic senses alert her of another pokémon's presence.

[break][break]

Slowly, she comes to a stop. "May I help you?" She opens her eyes to greet the newcomer.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2019 19:47:38 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","team"]

[attr="class","pokeActive"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","post"]Pyrrhus was dropped off in a rush, and for that reason he does not know why he is here. His trainer was often busy, flitting from one task to another, words muttered under his breath and files in his hands. Pyrrhus is grateful he doesn't need to concern himself with such things.
[break][break]
He stays in the shade, mostly because it is where the other pokemon are not. Interacting with others isn't his strong suit, even when it comes to his teammates, the pokemon would much rather staying by Marcel's side.
[break][break]
A nearby figure catches his eye. He hasn't seen that kind of pokemon before, but he thinks her dancing is very nice. He spends a few moments resting, head on his paw, watching the dancing pokemon, before he decides he cannot spend the rest of his time here just lying around. Part of him doesn't expect her to notice him, and her addressal catches him off guard.
[break][break]
"H-Hi." Pyrrhus flushes. "I just, uh— Your dancing's very nice!"
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: pyrrhus is a shy mess
[break][break]
TAG: [attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.team]float:left;padding:30px;width:120px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeActive]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#c43d27;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;padding-top:3px;transition:.5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]width:350px;height:159px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/U2ZgRSR.png');border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;[/newclass]
[newclass=.post]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:3px;background-color:#212121;border-color:#191919;font-size:5pt;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Champ

Devil wears Prada
She/her
Twenty-two
May 13
Castelia City, Unova
Demisexual
Undercover mean girl
Executive
Know your worth & add your tax
awards
375 posts
part of
TAG WITH @erin
Erin Caulfield
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2019 21:56:52 GMT
Erin Caulfield Avatar
[nospaces][var name="accent" value="#aa70b2"][var name="background" value="#111"][var name="text" value="#ccc"][var name="border" value="#222"][var name="menu" value="#333"][googlefont="Oswald|Hammersmith+One|Rubik"][newclass="#prada"] max-width: 100%; width: 280px; background: [var="background"]; border: 1px [var="border"] solid; box-shadow: 0 2px 10px [var="border"]; margin: 20px auto; padding: 0; position: relative; overflow: hidden; } #prada #tag { display: block; flex: none; cursor: default; } #prada #tag h1 { font: 42px 'Oswald'; font-style: italic; color: [var="menu"]; line-height: 26px; text-align: left; transform: rotate(-5deg) translate(-8px, -12px); display: inline-block; text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; padding: 10px 0 30px 0; margin: 0; } #prada #tag a, #prada #tag h1 a { font: inherit; color: [var="accent"]; text-decoration: none; text-transform: lowercase; display: inline; } #prada .container { font: 10px 'Rubik'; color: [var="text"]; text-align: justify; display: flex; justify-content: space-between; flex-direction: column; padding: 0; } #prada .container .dear { background: [var="border"]; padding: 35px 40px 25px 40px; margin: -10px; } #prada .dear b, #prada .dear a { font: inherit; color: [var="accent"]; text-decoration: none; display: inline; } #prada h2, #prada h2 a { font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 0; margin: 0; display: inline; } #prada #belt { height: 0; display: flex; flex-direction: row; justify-content: flex-end; align-items: center; transform: translate(0px, 0px); padding-bottom: 15px; margin-right: 10px; } #prada #belt .box { display: flex; flex-direction: column; align-items: center; } #prada #belt .box:nth-of-type(1) { margin-top: 5px; } #prada #belt .box { margin: 0; } #prada .pkspr { width: 36px; height: 36px; flex: none; background: [var="menu"]; border: 1px [var="border"] solid; border-radius: 50%; margin: 0 2px; filter: grayscale(100%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); -moz-filter: grayscale(100%); } #prada #belt .box .health { background: [var="background"]; border-radius: 10px; border: 1px [var="border"] solid; transform: translate(0, -6px); filter: grayscale(100%); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); -moz-filter: grayscale(100%); } #prada .active .pkspr, #prada .active .health { filter: none !important; -webkit-filter: none !important; -moz-filter: none !important; [/newclass]

[attr="id","prada"]
[attr="id","tag"]

for 's [break]pyrrhus

[attr="id","belt"]

[attr="class","box"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","box"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","box"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","dear"]

[break][break]

A blink, immediately followed by a soft smile. What a small, casual gesture, and yet how happy it makes her. How long has it been since she last received a compliment? Belle wonders. Too long. Even before she was imprisoned in her new pokéball, she'd been alone for too long.

[break][break]

"That is very kind of you. Thank you, truly."

[break][break]

Belle moves her arms to each side of her white, dress-like ruffles, and bows. A pretty curtsey for a gentlemanly quilava. She's grateful and, though she'd like to immediately go back to dancing, she also wants to return the favor and gift this kind pokémon a smile of his own.

[break][break]

"Would you like to dance with me?" One of her thin arms is outstretched now, inviting. With the power stored in her horns, she could show him mirages of green pastures and flower beds and rapture, if only he let her.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2019 21:43:28 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","team"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","post"]He's glad she's received the compliment well. more accurately, that she's ignored his blatant embarassment. Pyrrhus smiles, a show of his gratitude. She seemed nice, he's chosen his company well. He didn't know what he would have done if he'd been faced with someone far more hostile.
[break][break]
Run. Definitely run, knowing him.
[break][break]
The hand she offers comes unexpected. Phyrrus is not a dancer, never has been, and he makes sure that this is known. "Uh, dancing isn't exactly my strong suit." He was a fighter first and foremost. That was what he was good at.
[break][break]
Still, it seemed rude to decline the invitation. Shifting to stand on his hind legs, Phyrrus takes her hand, if with some hesitation.
[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeActive]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#c43d27;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;padding-top:3px;transition:.5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]width:350px;height:159px;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/U2ZgRSR.png');border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;[/newclass]
[newclass=.post]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:3px;background-color:#212121;border-color:#191919;font-size:5pt;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Champ

Devil wears Prada
She/her
Twenty-two
May 13
Castelia City, Unova
Demisexual
Undercover mean girl
Executive
awards
375 posts
part of
TAG WITH @erin
Erin Caulfield
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2019 0:09:28 GMT
Erin Caulfield Avatar

[attr="id","prada"]
[attr="id","tag"]

for 's [break]pyrrhus

[attr="id","belt"]

[attr="class","box"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","box"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","box"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","dear"]

[break][break]

Laughter fills the small bubble of space she has the power to distort. "I'll teach you," she says confidently, as if it were impossible to mess up. She tugs on his paw gently. "I hope you like trips."

[break][break]

Belle leads her partner in a slow waltz that reminds her of fragrant flowers blooming under the moonlight, and a chorus of birds and fairies singing of freedom. It is exactly this image that she chooses to show him.

[break][break]

In a way, it really is impossible for even a pokémon with two left hind legs to step on her own, thin and swift as they are. The pair turns and turns and Belle lets the vision take them into the air.

[break][break]

Minutes pass, during which she watches the quilava's reactions intently. The show is all for him, after all.

[break][break]

When they're finally back on the earth —even though really they never left— the kirlia smiles again. "My name is Belle. May I ask for yours?"

[break][break]

The cadence of her projected music slows down, but doesn't stop.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2019 18:33:21 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","team"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","post"]her words confuse him, but she's already taking his paw. following her lead, pyrrhus is too caught up in making sure he doesn't step on her feet to notice his surroundings for a moment. when the tension finally eases, and he lifts his gaze from the ground, he can't hide his shock.
[break][break]
"w-what?!"
[break][break]
he falters, and it's only her lead which saves him from falling over. he hadn't witnessed this sort of power. heard about it maybe, but never seen it in person. when he's reasurred himself he isn't going crazy, his wonder begins to show. "that's amazing!"
[break][break]
fascinated by the scenes she shows him, pyrrhus loses focus on what he's doing and begins to instinctively follow the kirlia's movements. when they reach the ground, he's almost disappointed.
[break][break]
"oh right!" he'd forgotten about introductions. "i'm pyrrhus!"
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Champ

Devil wears Prada
She/her
Twenty-two
May 13
Castelia City, Unova
Demisexual
Undercover mean girl
Executive
awards
375 posts
part of
TAG WITH @erin
Erin Caulfield
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2019 0:02:26 GMT
Erin Caulfield Avatar

[attr="id","prada"]
[attr="id","tag"]

for 's [break]pyrrhus

[attr="id","belt"]

[attr="class","box"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","box"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","box"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","dear"]

[break][break]

Here's the thing: even though Belle had done all of this to bring a smile to the quilava's face, it is she who ends up laughing heartily post-dance. Belle's eyes close into a pair of mirthful arcs as the next words come out her small lips.

[break][break]

"You don't have to look so disappointed, Pyrrhus."

[break][break]

Belle stops to ponder. She'd love to continue dancing, honestly, but all that physical exertion has left her thirsty and exhausted.

[break][break]

She supposes her current company has a bit to do with it, as well. Before, she'd been dancing to forget herself. This time, it was not only for herself; it was for something bigger than herself. Belle doesn't feel the need to keep dancing because her dark thoughts have receded, if only momentarily.

[break][break]

She'd rather play with Pyrrhus some more than go back to the unforgiving solitude of her own memory.

[break][break]

"I'd love to keep dancing with you, but I'm afraid I've grown quite thirsty. Would you mind accompanying me to the water dispenser, perhaps?" Now that she thought about it, did quilavas drink water, to begin with? Belle is not too sure. "Unless you'd prefer other refreshments, of course."

[break][break]

The kirlia twirls in the direction of the aforementioned water dispenser, before easing into a slower ballet walk.

[break][break]

"Besides, a pokémon with a name as imposing as yours would make for an amazing escort, I'm sure."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 12:22:24 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","team"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","post"]"ah, water's fine."
[break][break]
pyrrhus laughs as he eases into a pace that matches belle's. he wasn't quite too sure about his namesake, if he was telling the truth — he vaguely remembers a story his trainer's read, a few passing jokes from his teammates. all he knew was that he was named after a warrior.
[break][break]
and that made it very clear what he was supposed to be. shame he didn't have the temperament to match.
[break][break]
"i'm not sure my name suits me that much," he gives an embarassed grin, "yours sure does though! belle's a nice name."
[break][break]
the image of his teammate comes into his head briefly. this belle seemed just as nice (and, thankfully, a lot less strict) than the belle on his team. the dragonair's name was betelgeuse shortened, though, so not exactly the same. he wondered if her name was short for anything.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Champ

Devil wears Prada
She/her
Twenty-two
May 13
Castelia City, Unova
Demisexual
Undercover mean girl
Executive
awards
375 posts
part of
TAG WITH @erin
Erin Caulfield
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2019 19:01:29 GMT
Erin Caulfield Avatar

[attr="id","prada"]
[attr="id","tag"]

for 's [break]pyrrhus

[attr="id","belt"]

[attr="class","box"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","box"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","box"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-gardevoir"]
[attr="class","health"]

[attr="class","dear"]

[break][break]

She freezes. Belle was about to inquire about Pyrrhus's reasoning when he brings up her own name. Plans change. Her mind flashes back to the day she found the pikachu—her best friend—lying on the grass. She'd never get to evolve into an alolan raichu or play mind games with the kirlia without the obvious type disadvantage.

[break][break]

Trembling, Belle tries her best to return to the warmth of today's sunny afternoon, but she can't, she's out of control, the space where she used to be told her heart would one day appear aches so much.

[break][break]

If Pyrrhus got closer, he would be able to watch the same scene that she does. He would be able to hear the birds singing above. He would be able to see the yellow corpse, the only thing unmoving in her vision. He would even be able to feel the wind blowing against two salty tears.

[break][break]

Belle lets out a cry. As suddenly as the pain started, it stops. Sometime during her episode, she'd grabbed onto one of Pyrrhus's paws. "Pyrrhus?" she calls softly, her voice and she herself lost. Her gaze drifts down to their joined hands and that's when she realizes hers is no longer white.

[break][break]

Her other hand flies to her chest, where a red horn grows in place of the pain she felt before.

[break][break]

She's evolved.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2019 21:35:54 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","team"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","post"]he thinks she's hurt at first. "hey, belle, what's wrong?" his voice is tinged with worry. he takes a step closer. she clutches his paw.
[break][break]
he's transported away. they're in a field, again, but this time's different. he sees the pikachu, peaceful, unmoving, and tries to move back but her grip's too strong. or maybe the shock has him rendered weak. pyrrhus can only avert his gaze and wish the gentle breeze away. when that stops, he knows he's free.
[break][break]
she says his name, and he echoes hers back. now, when he turns to her, there is no kirlia. his mind grinds to a halt as he tries to process everything around him. his realisation comes just before hers.
[break][break]
"wow."
[break][break]
the pair stand there a moment longer, stunned.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2019 1:07:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]
you two receive the following: 50 poké + evolution of your participating pokemon![break]
kirlia has already evolved into gardevoir, it seems. "wow." ♥ ♥