twenty-three
october 17
Castelia City, Unova
n/a
admin/businesswoman
executive
151 height
151 height
It ain’t easy being mean. In effete morality, I maintain a masquerade of earnestness and modesty.
awards
181 posts
marie jules DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marie
marie jules
honest
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2019 4:16:21 GMT
marie jules Avatar
the saltwater wind kissed her cheeks sweetly, a smile forming on the young girls face as she moved delicately through lilycove, her skirt gently flapping as she pressed forward, a hand pushing down where the wind picked up.

she’d wave to those in passing, her cheerful smile turning heads while a pretty face kept their eyes on her.

her facade would diminish as she stood in front of a door, a few knocks sounding before she let herself in.

she took in the interior of the office quietly, any semblance of her outside self disappearing as she confronted the proprietor of this location.

you look exactly like the description so i’m going to assume that you’re marcel, am i right?

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
honest
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2019 7:37:21 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","team"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","post"]the glare of his computer's become almost sickening at this point. while his fingers work furiously at the keyboard, he checks a document beside him before his attention's back on the screen. the folders around him are littered with post-it notes, both on the cover and inside. it's a busy day.
[break][break]and that's exactly why he can't help an exasperated groan when he hears the knocking at the door. still, at least whoever it was had the decency to make their presence know.
[break][break]
marcel doesn't turn around, nor stop working. there's a reason their here, and even if he did tried speaking it was more often than not these people wanted to get the first word in, going on about whatever it was they wanted him to do that absolutely must be done as soon as possible.
[break][break]
the question doesn't faze him, he's heard it too many times by now. he might have returned it if he cared enough, but this is work. personal interactions are in inconvenience. he answers with his own question, calm and mildly disinterested.
[break][break]
"what's the job?"
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: ...
[break][break]
TAG:[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.team]float:left;padding:30px;width:120px[/newclass]
[newclass=.header!!:hover .team]visibility:visible;opacity:1;transition:visibility 0s, opacity 0.5s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeActive]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#9d89af;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;[/newclass]
[newclass=.post]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

giz

emilee, vivian, brianne
she/her
twenty-three
october 17
Castelia City, Unova
n/a
admin/businesswoman
executive
151 height
151 height
It ain’t easy being mean. In effete morality, I maintain a masquerade of earnestness and modesty.
awards
181 posts
marie jules DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marie
marie jules
honest
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2019 18:43:09 GMT
marie jules Avatar
good, he knew his place and was quick to get down to business, she liked that; but it seemed he was ready for something not quite what she had in mind.

while i’m happy you are so easy to comply, i don’t have a job for you, rather an order for me.

she took a resting stance, her eyes locked on the back (or side?) of his head as she spoke.

my name is marie jules, and i want you to give me information on people. who those people are doesn’t matter, i just need to know what they like, what they do, and how they work.

her words prompt and precise as he said them, not a word more than what was needed and every word needed said.

with the reputation her name holds it should be obvious what she plans to do with these people, so she figured not to explain any further than how far she had.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
honest
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2019 19:30:41 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","team"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","post"]marcel enjoys the cryptic on many occassions, but it is safe to say this is not one of them. the newcomer (a woman, he has decided from the timbre of her voice) is testing his patience, and he doesn't take her tone of superiority any kindly either. his irritation is enough to pry him from his work, and marcel spins his chair to face her.
[break][break]
he watches her with a scarcely-veiled displeasure, which soon morphs into shock once he catches her name. he hadn't recognised her, never thought the time would come when he needed to, but her name was very much known. one of the four beasts themselves: marie fucking jules.
[break][break]
just his luck.
[break][break]
his manner is stiff, and his unease shows for a second. but a second is all that she needs. these were the people he wanted to stay clear of, the people whose lips his death sentence would fall from (they'd already condemned his love, after all). these people were dangerous, and marcel wanted nothing to do with them.
[break][break]
the silence stretches for a beat too long before he finally answers. "just people?" he says, "that's awfully vague."
[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.header!!:hover .team]visibility:visible;opacity:1;transition:visibility 0s, opacity 0.5s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeActive]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#9d89af;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;[/newclass]
[newclass=.post]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

giz

emilee, vivian, brianne
she/her
twenty-three
october 17
Castelia City, Unova
n/a
admin/businesswoman
executive
151 height
151 height
awards
181 posts
marie jules DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marie
marie jules
honest
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2019 23:33:53 GMT
marie jules Avatar
don’t play dumb.

she says straightforward and outright, her tone scornful as her features mildly contorted.

we both know how i operate, and your job happens to intersect with mine, so the less time we have to deal with each other the better. give me information on people you deem worthy of me interacting with, i don’t care who they are- as long as you dug your nose in their business- i want to know them.

it was easy to get on her bad side, the quick temper only hastened as she was forced to explain further on. it was bothersome to talk more than what was needed.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
honest
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2019 18:49:11 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","team"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","post"]she's as cold as he expected. he doesn't so much as blink in response to her scatching tone — yeah, alright, he'd brought that upon himself. unrelenting, as expected from a beast, marcel knows when someone's pulling rank on him.
[break][break]
he doesn't like her. and he doesn't feel at all bad for it.
[break][break]
his silence is as close to submission as she'll get, but it's enough to make him feel that bit pathetic. marcel opens a draw to flick through its contents before pulling out a folder. he holds it out to her, a symbol of his acquiescence.
[break][break]
"here you go, then. first catch of the day."
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

giz

emilee, vivian, brianne
she/her
twenty-three
october 17
Castelia City, Unova
n/a
admin/businesswoman
executive
151 height
151 height
awards
181 posts
marie jules DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marie
marie jules
honest
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2019 1:42:47 GMT
marie jules Avatar
demands were met swiftly, a file shoved in her direction without a fang bared.

she liked this kind of obedience.

and with her first catch pulled in, she was almost ready to leave. there was just one more thing she needed.

sliding the document into her bag, she’d take out a phone sliding it his way.

keep this one you, it’s a burner that i can make call to if so be. i’ll call if if i need to.

and with that, she’d turn, her heel grinding into the flooring as she did, one last remark shot off as she moved towards the door she entered from.

i hope we can have a healthy relationship from here on out.

her words came out in a cheery tone as she turned back, a rehearsed smile staining her face as she she opened the door, leaving with little room for response.

their roles in this relationship were clear, and she needed to cement it with one final nail in this metaphorical coffin. this deal was more of a demand than anything.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
honest
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2019 20:54:46 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","team"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","post"]he takes the phone without a response. doesn't look at it, doesn't try turning it on, simply feeling the weight of it in his hand. he keeps his eyes on marie as she makes her way to the door, tensed and ready for any messed up trick she might have had up her sleeve. they were like that, those types.
[break][break]
but no attack comes. the only threat is buried into her words and marcel holds back a laugh at the idea of a healthy relationship. again, he doesn't respond.
[break][break]
after the door's shut, he turns back to his desk. his hand clenches around the phone resting in his palm and there's the overwhelming urge to throw it at the wall. it won't change anything, though.
[break][break]he knows the price of failure, but there's a price to success too. the wolves are at his heels yet again — different situation, same threat — and marcel can't help but shake the feeling that this was only inevitable.
[break][break]
there really was no winning, was there?
[break][break]

[break][break]