[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","teamLeft"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","pokeMars"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]there are many places to go when you need a change of scene, the beach, a different town, maybe a walk in the woods. a tropical rain forest seems to be taking it a bit far. that was what these extreme athletes were like, he supposed, searching for that next thrill until it became their last.
[break][break]
idiots.
[break][break]
they stand between a river and a denser cluster of trees. this woman had a death wish, traversing this environment without her pokemon. bloody hard to track, too — her family hadn't been too useful, not even knowing where their little star had disappeared off to, so used to it they'd forgotten to care.
[break][break]
marcel releases his dragonair into the water even though he's still deciding which direction to go in. she could be anywhere and this was by no means a small area that they'd narrowed it down to.
[break][break]
well, he says they but...
[break][break]
he looks at marie and starts to think his irritation's been misplaced. "you know," he says, "i could have sworn you told her family that you were going to find her."
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: ...
[break][break]
TAG:[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.teamLeft]float:left;padding:30px;width:120px[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeMars]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#9d89af;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

giz

emilee, vivian, brianne
she/her
twenty-three
october 17
Castelia City, Unova
n/a
admin/businesswoman
executive
151 height
151 height
It ain’t easy being mean. In effete morality, I maintain a masquerade of earnestness and modesty.
awards
181 posts
marie jules DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marie
marie jules
the road less taken [m]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2019 3:04:49 GMT
marie jules Avatar
her roots spread far and wide, taking hold of whatever it was that caught the attention of the ensuing bramble ill-named friendship that stemmed from none other than marie. it was no surprise that she had ensnared someone as well known as an extreme sports athlete.

when she went missing marie was one of the first to jump to action, ready to reap the spoils that came with finding the girl- or her remains at the very least. they would either cherish her all the more or reward her for her actions.

thoughts of what/if clouded her mind quickly, but when it came time to act, she was not exactly the right person fit for the job.

she was no trained stoutland when it came to finding missing things, but she knew a few people that were, and the first that came to mind was someone of more tolerable presence than your run of the mill grunt she had the displeasure of associating with.

he had no choice but to comply, naturally, so when they began, she dumped the load onto him; silent up to this point, only looking back with a plan face when questioned.

yes, i did, but i figured since you’re a detective, or whatever, that you’d be an ace at this. was i wrong to put any sort of trust in you?

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
the road less taken [m]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2019 20:09:53 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]an investigator. he's an investigator. it's different. the thought stays to himself, though, he knows it'll only fall on deaf ears if he tried explaining it to marie. she doesn't care, so long as he gets the job done. and he doesn't have much say on whether he succeeds or not, not if has any trace of self-preservation within him.
[break][break]
he ends up settling for a simple no.
[break][break]
there's still the matter of where they'll begin their search. marcel takes another look around with a drawn-out breath and reaches out for another pokeball. he takes a photograph out of his pocket as vega adjusts to her surroundings, peering into the forest with curiosity. her attention moves to the image when he calls for it, taking in the details of her appearance.
[break][break]
"go on." marcel gently urges her on before she takes off and dives into the mass of trees.
[break][break]
that leaves crossing over the river to them. he moves to get on the back on his dragonair, but stops and turns to marie first. he doesn't know much of the burden he expects him to take on himself, and isn't going to risk setting off her temper by leaving her to make her own way when she expects him to pave the path for her.
[break][break]
"need a ride, your highness?"
[break][break]
he can't help the dryness in his tone.
[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeMars]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#9d89af;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

giz

emilee, vivian, brianne
she/her
twenty-three
october 17
Castelia City, Unova
n/a
admin/businesswoman
executive
151 height
151 height
It ain’t easy being mean. In effete morality, I maintain a masquerade of earnestness and modesty.
awards
181 posts
marie jules DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marie
marie jules
the road less taken [m]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2019 21:15:51 GMT
marie jules Avatar
stay docile.

she thinks to herself as marcel gives her the simplest answer he could muster up. it seemed he knew where the line was drawn for the two of them, and considering it was made in concrete it was all too easy to see.

when the crossroad of a river appeared he was kind enough to offer her a ride, and considering the fact that he was leading the way, she was in no position to question why. instead she’s look to the offered ride, her features contorting questionably before releasing a wishiwashi into the water.

i can handle myself.” was her answer.

the water began to cloud over as a mass of fish formed together, each step she took garnering another swarm, pathing her to the other side.

the only chivalry i need is from my pokemon, sir maeda.

her tone was prodding- almost joking- as she continued crossing, her eyes averting towards him before long.

do you have any idea where you’re going?

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
the road less taken [m]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2019 22:01:58 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]laughter comes forth, deceptively sounding like a scoff. marcel steps onto the back of his dragonair, an act that takes less balance than one would expect with how smoothly she swims. they make short work of the river and he finds his feet back on solid ground in no time.
[break][break]
he doesn't look back to check on marie's progress, nor wait before he starts moving, but he at least keeps his pace slow in case. "as much an idea as she did." had she run off to a town, somewhere where there were actual buildings, the task would have been infinitely simpler. a busy metropolis, and he would have been the perfect man for the job. but here there were no security cameras to hack, no informants to ask, and no signals to track.
[break][break]
an office job. that's what he should have taken. none of this tracking nonsense, just a desk and a computer. it was his fault, he supposed, for getting too adventurous.
[break][break]
faint bike tracks are printed into a patch of earth. marcel follows the direction they seem to go in, only able to hope he isn't looking at them backwards. "didn't she say anything to you? i thought you two were supposed to be friends."
[break][break]
it's less of a question, more a dig at her character. he keeps his tone light. another pokemon's released to expand the search. same routine: picture, order, and off they went.
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

giz

emilee, vivian, brianne
she/her
twenty-three
october 17
Castelia City, Unova
n/a
admin/businesswoman
executive
151 height
151 height
awards
181 posts
marie jules DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marie
marie jules
the road less taken [m]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2019 20:51:00 GMT
marie jules Avatar
needless to say, marie made it across without a hitch, the wishiwashi remaining on standby until returned, it’s companions scattering quickly as she stood on solid ground. quickly catching up to marcel, she would keep a feet between the two, her head tilting slightly as he spoke, his question forcing her face to contort to the same expression she held when he offered her a ride.

if you have a bag of jellybeans and finish it in one sitting, are you going to remember the flavor of the first one you ate? she’s not the only friend i have, marcel, only one of many. besides, she didn’t invite me out for this trek so i’d have no idea where she could have wandered off to.

marie went through the ringer to get on the good gills of those whose attention she felt it important to garner, this athletes dangerous hikes were no exception. often when she was invited out, marie was quick to accept, setting her into a planner as soon as she could. while yes, they were often times tedious expeditions, they were welcomed, anything to blend into normalcy, or at least have a citizens standing in hoenn and not one connected to rocket.

if it helps, she usually makes her own paths, so if you see these markings just vanish, she likely went into the woods. she has one of those collapsible bikes that she takes everywhere.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
the road less taken [m]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2019 11:52:06 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]jellybeans. of course. it's a horrible analogy: demeaning, cool, and entirely well-reasoned. marcel understands, and he hates it all the more for it. marie doesn't make real friends, so how is it her position to care more than she has to?
[break][break]
not long after she's done talking, pyrrhus emerges from the forest. he's found something, but what exactly he can't pick up from his manner. marcel's only grateful he may not have to be here much longer. "flamethrower."
[break][break]
the typhlosion rears his head and lets out a burst of flame. after a few second's delay, an answering flamethrower resounds with a noivern's cry. with his other pokemon given the signal to return, marcel motions for pyrrhus to lead the way and the two are led into the depths fo the woods.
[break][break]
"well let's hope you're not going to be returning a body tonight."
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: up to you to decide what we find!
[break][break]

close tab

played by

giz

emilee, vivian, brianne
she/her
twenty-three
october 17
Castelia City, Unova
n/a
admin/businesswoman
executive
151 height
151 height
awards
181 posts
marie jules DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marie
marie jules
the road less taken [m]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2019 5:01:38 GMT
marie jules Avatar
a simple hum was the most she could muster up, a blank expression depicting her apathy to the situation. one way or another, this would give her a few brownie points in her good standing with the girls family.

soon they would arrive to the scene, the sight of a malnourished woman causing marie to recoil before becoming overcome with emotion, her eyes watering up as she rushed to her side.

selina! i was so worried about you!

marie’s behavior took a 180, flipping on its head as a more compassionate side of her sprung forth, taking the reigns as she tended to the girl, pulling water from her bag and setting it to the girls lips, setting the injured woman’s head on her lap as she knelt down.

tears stained her cheeks as they dripped onto her friends face, her words coming out slightly mumbled as her emotions got the better of her.

i thought you were dead! i’ve been looking ever since i heard you were lost! why didn’t you tell me you were going hiking? i would have come in a heartbeat!

the girls leg was broken, long clotted blood seeping from the wound. marie looked at it, the waterworks once again streaming like a river as the athlete began muttering to her.

i’m… o...kay..

her voice was barely audible but a hand placed onto maries was what calmed her down, quickly releasing two pokemon, a sylveon and gogoat; the sylveon providing a misty terrain to ease any pain as marie helped her onto the gogoat, sending the two pokemon to safety promptly after.

a sigh escaped marie as the woman left her sights, wiping the tears from her face as her expression returned to a neutral one.

let’s go.” she’d say plainly as she began walking off.

they got what they came for, there was no reason to be here any longer.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
the road less taken [m]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2019 21:16:59 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]for a moment he wonders if it was all an act, if marie's dismissive front was to obscure a heartfelt worry for a friend, but her face changes and he's given a harsh reminder. that was how good she was, he supposed. marcel expects nothing less. the people got colder and colder the higher you climbed, and marie exhibited that in all her frosty splendour.
[break][break]
his noivern bursts in through the tree-tops. marcel returns pyrrhus as he beckons her towards him. he doesn't want to be here any longer and she seems to sense as much, crouching lower to the ground for his sake.
[break][break]
"i'll make my own way." he mimics her tone. he doubted the woman had noticed him given the current state she was in, if marie ever pressed him he could use the excuse of giving her all the credit.
[break][break]
he climbs atop vega and adjusts his balance. his next words come with a laugh tinged with cynicism and disbelief.
[break][break]
"enjoy your hero's welcome, though."
[break][break]
and with that, the noivern kicks off.
[break][break]

[break]NOTES:...
[break][break]

close tab

played by

giz

emilee, vivian, brianne
she/her
twenty-three
october 17
Castelia City, Unova
n/a
admin/businesswoman
executive
151 height
151 height
awards
181 posts
marie jules DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marie
marie jules
the road less taken [m]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2019 21:39:43 GMT
marie jules Avatar
their job here was done, and there was nothing more for him to do, she understood his presence was no longer needed. so when he up and left with only a smart ass comment made towards her, she was amused; a light smile sent back his way as he took flight.

he had done well by her today, so the least she could do was ease up on him if only slightly. a reward of sorts for being such a good sport when it came to her unreasonableness.

now all that was left to do was reap the spoils that littered her mind, her status in the lives of the unsuspecting rising that much more.